Mika covers "Sido and Daydream" by Sheena Ringo

Kumazzz

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I can hear "Et dire qu'avant toi j'aimais pas". And it's more logic than "d'heures".  

I agree with you that "dire" makes more sense... thank you for sharing :thumb_yello: Hopefully Mika will be able to tell me for sure if I can speak to him after The Voice :crossed:  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I agree with you that "dire" makes more sense... thank you for sharing :thumb_yello: Hopefully Mika will be able to tell me for sure if I can speak to him after The Voice :crossed:

If it’s possible please record and show us the video while asking him about it! Because we haven’t heard anything from Mika about this cover! I know you can’t bring in your phone while shooting though. 

Lots of Japanese fans (not the core fans!) are tweeting about it saying like “Wow, is it that Mika?!” “It’s very chic!” and so on. ;) 

1 hour ago, heyitsme said:

Been playing this over and over and over again even though it's just only one minute long :mikalove:

If I could share the full song legally... it’s been on radio almost everyday in Japan! :( 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

If it’s possible please record and show us the video while asking him about it! Because we haven’t heard anything from Mika about this cover! I know you can’t bring in your phone while shooting though. 

Lots of Japanese fans (not the core fans!) are tweeting about it saying like “Wow, is it that Mika?!” “It’s very chic!” and so on. ;) 

If I could share the full song legally... it’s been on radio almost everyday in Japan! :( 

I will do my very best and if we can talk after the live show my daughter who is with me should be able to record...I don't know why The Voice changed their policy but it seems they have allowed people to use their phone last Saturday which is amazing...but I don't know about this coming Saturday...

You are so lucky Mika's cover is out in Japan :wub2: and playing almost everyday on the radio :wub2: and it's wonderful that people like it :wub2: 

I thought it was going to be out everywhere at the same time... I hope it will be on the French radios too (and wordwide)  so people get a chance to hear it and love it :wub2:

Even though I only know one minute of the song I absolutely love it to bits and I did right from the start :swoon:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hopefully Mika will be able to tell me for sure if I can speak to him after The Voice

Don't be that sure! Are we talking about Mika? The man who does not remember his own songs? :fisch:

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Siri said:

Don't be that sure! Are we talking about Mika? The man who does not remember his own songs? :fisch:

:floor: Well we have to trust him as Doriand who cowrote the song didn't answer to me on instagram :shun:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

Oh, my god! Ok I'm heading straight to Japan now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I will do my very best and if we can talk after the live show my daughter who is with me should be able to record...I don't know why The Voice changed their policy but it seems they have allowed people to use their phone last Saturday which is amazing...but I don't know about this coming Saturday...

You are so lucky Mika's cover is out in Japan :wub2: and playing almost everyday on the radio :wub2: and it's wonderful that people like it :wub2: 

I thought it was going to be out everywhere at the same time... I hope it will be on the French radios too (and wordwide)  so people get a chance to hear it and love it :wub2:

Even though I only know one minute of the song I absolutely love it to bits and I did right from the start :swoon:

Really? They allowed to use the phones? Fingers crossed then. It would be great if your daughter could help you.

yes. We have to know we’re very lucky in Japan but I don’t hear much from the core fans, especially after we found out it was sang in French... but I hope they like it and are talking  a lot and only I don’t hear them.

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

Really? They allowed to use the phones? Fingers crossed then. It would be great if your daughter could help you.

yes. We have to know we’re very lucky in Japan but I don’t hear much from the core fans, especially after we found out it was sang in French... but I hope they like it and are talking  a lot and only I don’t hear them.

Me too :crossed:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 12:43 AM, Kumazzz said:

Comment

ポップとは唯一無二の歌声に出会うための旅であり、その意味でシーナ・リンゴはこれ以上ない最高なポップ・アーティストの見本のような存在です。そしてその類稀なるアーティストのトリビュート作品に参加できたこと、本当に嬉しく思っています。
ミュージック・カレッジに通っている頃から僕は彼女の作品と歌声の大ファンで、いつもその勇気ある姿勢と先鋭的な表現には刺激を受けていました。
だからこそ今回は彼女の曲を全く違う世界観に導けるよう頑張りました。歌詞はフランス界きっての名作詞家であり、僕自身の多くの作品での共作パートナーであるドリアンド。サウンドはマーキュリー賞プロデューサーのジョナサン・クォーンビーという、いずれも長きに渡り信頼を寄せているメンバーと共に、楽しみながらレコーディングを行いました。

gb.png.d3eab26af82b4aa649159e808ee38735.pngGoogle translator
  Hide contents

Pop is a journey  to meet the one and only singing voice, and in that sense Siina  Ringo is like a sample of the best pop artist no more. I am really pleased that I was able to participate in tribute work of that rare artist.
Since I entered music college I was a huge fan of her work and voice, and I was constantly inspired by that courageous attitude and radical expressions.
That's why I tried hard to bring her songs to a completely different world view this time. Lyrics are lyricists of the French world pretty, Doriand who is a collaborating partner with many of my own works. Jonathan
Quarmby, sound producer Mercury Prized producer, enjoying recording while enjoying the trustworthy members all over the years.

MIKA

The last couple sentences of this quote in English don't make much sense & I'd like to add it to the Mikapedia thing. Can someone please translate them a bit better than google? 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Well the video I had made with Mika pics and Sido and daydream snipet just got blocked on youtube for copyright reasons. The good news is that the song's name is: "C'est quoi ce bonheur"

(What's this happiness) 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kreacher said:

The last couple sentences of this quote in English don't make much sense & I'd like to add it to the Mikapedia thing. Can someone please translate them a bit better than google? 

I did tweet to ask for  write down the original language comment to umusicjapan

hope they reply soon.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, Yuko_lyrubi said:

Well if you tell us which radio we could listen to it online :biggrin2: Thankfully May 23rd is just around the corner :wub2:

Sorry all I could say to Mika was asking for a group  pic and saying  thank you...and my daughter had to stay in the car as she had a huge headache.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well if you tell us which radio we could listen to it online :biggrin2: Thankfully May 23rd is just around the corner :wub2:

Sorry all I could say to Mika was asking for a group  pic and saying  thank you...and my daughter had to stay in the car as she had a huge headache.

It's ok! I think I read your tweet too. I know we cannot do everything what we want to do with Mika! But thank you for remembering my request! And I hope your daughter got well.:thumb_yello:
Unfortunately, as far as I know, we don't have any radio show that you can listen it online... hmmm...:thumbdown:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

It's ok! I think I read your tweet too. I know we cannot do everything what we want to do with Mika! But thank you for remembering my request! And I hope your daughter got well.:thumb_yello:
Unfortunately, as far as I know, we don't have any radio show that you can listen it online... hmmm...:thumbdown:

Thank you for your kindness :huglove: My daughter recovered well after she slept, driving and staying up late had made her exhausted. I am a nightbird but she isn't...I was joking as I can't listen to the radio night and day :teehee: but I can't wait till May 23rd to hear the whole song. It was supposed to be worldwide so I hope to find it on google play or amazon...I don't know if it is possible to preorder it (or the physical CD) 

Lyrics

https://www.uta-net.com/song/249489/

椎名林檎・フランス語詞 ( lyrics in French ):MIKA・Doriand

Qu'est ce que j'ai fait pour meriter ca
Du bonheur en veux-tu, en voila
Des oiseaux qui chantent
Qui ne font que ca, me parler de toi
Des etoiles filantes
Et dire qu'avant toi, j'aimais pas, j'aimais pas

Qu'est ce que j'ai fait pour meriter ca
Tant d'amour, ca ne se refuse pas
On s'habitue a tout
A ce coeur qui bat, qui fait Pa Pa Pa!
Meme a des mots tout doux
Et dire qu'avant toi j'aimais pas...

C'est quoi ce bonheur qui s'acharne sur nous
C'est quoi ce soleil sur nos joues
Ah si on m'avait dit
Que ca valait le coup
L'amour, toi et moi

C'est quoi cette envie d'etre fous
C'est pas complique
Pas plus complique
Qu'un bisou comme ca

Qu'est c'que j'ai fait pour meriter ca
J'en sais rien, mais j'veux bien qu'ca change pas
J'oublierai les coup bas
J'oublierai les soirs ou J'etais si seul
Anjourd'hui c'est bizarre
Je ne sais meme plus faire la gueule

C'est quoi ce soleil sur nos joues
Ah si on m'avait dit
Que ca valait le coup
L'amour, toi et moi

C'est quoi cette envie d'etre fous
C'est pas complique
Pas plus complique
Qu'un bisou comme ca

• Thanks 5

I was able to buy it on googleplay as a single :swoon:I cried happy tears when I saw it was finally available  :tears: :biggrin2:

I am so happy :mikalove:

It's such a sweet love song :wub2:

And we have lyrics :woot_jump:

I love that song so much :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1