Mika covers "Sido and Daydream" by Sheena Ringo

Kumazzz

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I didn't know the fact in Czech Republic !

Yes he is amazingly talented.

In November2009, he spoke only Japanese whole of the gig ( 100 minutes ) at Tokyo. Some peeps believed "Mika ordinary speaking Japanese".

His pronunciation was very good.

Take look at the video.

This video makes me feel nostalgic.:wub2:

• Like 2

https://sp.universal-music.co.jp/ringo/adam-eve/

MIKAシドと白昼夢

1999.2.24発売Al『無罪モラトリアム』収録曲

Recording Credit

• vocals MIKA
  • guitar Mark ‘Shez’ Sheridan
  • bass Robin Mullarkey
  • drums Alex Torjussen
  • percussion Miles Bould
  • piano Jonathan Quarmby

• produced by Jonathan Quarmby for 365 Artists
  • french lyrics adaptation by MIKA, Doriand
  • engineered by Wes Maebe
  • assisted by Max Anstruther and Nathael Graham
  • recorded in Miami and at RAK Studios, London
  • mixed by Jeremy Wheatley for 365 Artists at X Chapel

Comment

ポップとは唯一無二の歌声に出会うための旅であり、その意味でシーナ・リンゴはこれ以上ない最高なポップ・アーティストの見本のような存在です。そしてその類稀なるアーティストのトリビュート作品に参加できたこと、本当に嬉しく思っています。
ミュージック・カレッジに通っている頃から僕は彼女の作品と歌声の大ファンで、いつもその勇気ある姿勢と先鋭的な表現には刺激を受けていました。
だからこそ今回は彼女の曲を全く違う世界観に導けるよう頑張りました。歌詞はフランス界きっての名作詞家であり、僕自身の多くの作品での共作パートナーであるドリアンド。サウンドはマーキュリー賞プロデューサーのジョナサン・クォーンビーという、いずれも長きに渡り信頼を寄せているメンバーと共に、楽しみながらレコーディングを行いました。

gb.png.d3eab26af82b4aa649159e808ee38735.pngGoogle translator
Spoiler

Pop is a journey  to meet the one and only singing voice, and in that sense Siina  Ringo is like a sample of the best pop artist no more. I am really pleased that I was able to participate in tribute work of that rare artist.
Since I entered music college I was a huge fan of her work and voice, and I was constantly inspired by that courageous attitude and radical expressions.
That's why I tried hard to bring her songs to a completely different world view this time. Lyrics are lyricists of the French world pretty, Doriand who is a collaborating partner with many of my own works. Jonathan
Quarmby, sound producer Mercury Prized producer, enjoying recording while enjoying the trustworthy members all over the years.

MIKA

• Thanks 5

On 4/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, Kumazzz said:

Unfortunately I've tried to search, but got no results.

Mr Fujikura tweets (DM) me

"I gave to Mica a cassette tape of the competition, hope he keeps it."

Sorry, I lost my twitter accont @mikadb and DMs.:tears:

I know this is straying from the original topic a bit, but, Eriko, isn't this photo from that Polish recording session?

b21ef4e75d8f1d174a7323556daafbe9.jpg

"Children" by Dai Fujikura

for boy soprano and orchestra

Lutoslawski Radio Concert Hall in Warsaw (1998)

performed by The Polish Radio Orchestra,

Mica Penniman (boy soprano), Zsolt Hamar (conductor)

http://brahms.ircam.fr/works/work/21887/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I know this is straying from the original topic a bit, but, Eriko, isn't this photo from that Polish recording session?

b21ef4e75d8f1d174a7323556daafbe9.jpg

"Children" by Dai Fujikura

for boy soprano and orchestra

Lutoslawski Radio Concert Hall in Warsaw (1998)

performed by The Polish Radio Orchestra,

Mica Penniman (boy soprano), Zsolt Hamar (conductor)

http://brahms.ircam.fr/works/work/21887/

These pic's description is

gerald-finley-and-mika-the-singer-performing-in-pilgrims-progress-picture-id144616385.jpeg.b51600c27dda71bf19eaf537f1ea9baf.jpeg

gerald-finley-and-mika-the-singer-performing-in-pilgrims-progress-picture-id144616394.jpeg.92416bf00b5c5ee70ea5de618281d500.jpeg

flamboyant-pop-singersongwriter-mika-has-been-named-the-best-new-in-picture-id144616393.thumb.jpeg.eda9c4c7328ca21817142a8f5cce3414.jpeg

The Barbican

Flamboyant pop singer-songwriter Mika has been named the best new talent in the BBC's Sound of 2007 music poll.; 4th January 2007;

Mika The Singer performing in Pilgrims progress with the Royal Opera in 1998.;

The Barbican, London; 1998; 18516; (Photo by Laurie Lewis/Photoshot/Getty Images)

I've never read The Article before !!! Thanks a million for finding @dcdeb you are amazing !!!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

These pic's description is

gerald-finley-and-mika-the-singer-performing-in-pilgrims-progress-picture-id144616385.jpeg.b51600c27dda71bf19eaf537f1ea9baf.jpeg

gerald-finley-and-mika-the-singer-performing-in-pilgrims-progress-picture-id144616394.jpeg.92416bf00b5c5ee70ea5de618281d500.jpeg

flamboyant-pop-singersongwriter-mika-has-been-named-the-best-new-in-picture-id144616393.thumb.jpeg.eda9c4c7328ca21817142a8f5cce3414.jpeg

The Barbican

Flamboyant pop singer-songwriter Mika has been named the best new talent in the BBC's Sound of 2007 music poll.; 4th January 2007;

Mika The Singer performing in Pilgrims progress with the Royal Opera in 1998.;

The Barbican, London; 1998; 18516; (Photo by Laurie Lewis/Photoshot/Getty Images)

I've never read The Article before !!! Thanks a million for finding @dcdeb you are amazing !!!

Wonder child. These photos are so beautiful. Look at how serious he looks! And just think how he must have been as a child. Awwww. 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, tiibet said:

Wonder child. These photos are so beautiful. Look at how serious he looks! And just think how he must have been as a child. Awwww. 

:blush-anim-cl: I think MIKA was, is - and  always will be GOLDEN!! :wub2:  We're all so lucky, who got to know him, and not to forget: to belong to the MFC, where we get so much - old and new stuff, about this wonderful person...:mikalove:Thanks a million, to all of you, who do so much - I'm truly grateful...:hug:

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 4

@Kumazzz Thank you so much for sharing the link and the snipet :flower2: :hug: I fell in love with it :wub2::swoon:

I'm trying to figure out the lyrics but I have asked the subs team for help as I'm unsure of one line...once I know for sure I'll translate the snipet. 

Could you find the original lyrics if they are available and make a google translation as I'm curious to know if Mika and Doriand's lyrics tell a different story or not...it's a love song and so sweet it seems to me it could be a song about father and child love :wub2:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

the original lyrics

On 2018/4/5 at 11:36 PM, Amy hudsone said:

I found a translation of the lyrics :wub:

The me in the dreams I had long ago is a different person
I thought I was Janis Ian
But I knew in reality that there was the real thing

The me in the dreams I have now is me
I’ve stopped discrimating over anything, not my wants, not anything
In reality, pretty much everything is uncertain

You’ve gotta cut your hair
When your black eyes send their light into my eyes, I can breathe
I can’t go back now, I really hate the shadows
But I don’t care if you kill me

You kneeled before me in handcuffs
So now all I can do is cry alone
Maybe I can quietly lean on someone

If you don’t have me
Then little raindrops will fall on your white cheeks
But don’t cry, I’ll let you out right away
I forgive you for everything

The Original lyrics ( in Japanese )

シドと白昼夢

昔 描いた夢で あたしは別の人間で
ジャニス・イアンを自らと思い込んでいた
現実には本物が居ると理解っていた

此処の所描く夢の あたしはあたしだから
欲望も何も区別がつかなくなっていた
現実でもほとんど不確かだ

あなたの髪を切らなきゃ
真っ黒な其の眼があたしの眼に光を射てば呼吸ができる
いまは還らない影など全く厭だけれど
あなたには殺されても良いわ

手錠をされたままであたしに跪いた
独り切りじゃ泣いてばかりになる為
誰かにそっと寄り掛かるのであろう

あなたはあたしじゃなくちゃ
真っ白なほっぺたに透き通る小さな雨垂れを落としてしまう
でも泣かないで 今すぐ鍵を開けてあげる
あなたには全て許しちゃうわ

• Like 1

Lyrics I hear (with Siri's help for the line I was unsure of) and translation in English Thank you @Siri:hug:

Lyrics
Qu'est-ce que j'ai fait pour mériter ça? 
Tant d'amour ça ne se refuse pas 
On s'habitue à tout 
A ce coeur qui bat qui fait pa pa pa
Même à des mots tout doux 
Et d'heures qu'avant toi j'aimais pas?

Et dire qu'avant toi j'aimais pas?
C'est quoi ce bonheur qui s'acharne sur nous? 
C'est quoi ce soleil sur nos joues? 
Ah si on m'avait dit que ça valait le coup l'amour toi et moi!
C'est quoi cette envie d'être fou? 
C'est pas compliqué, pas plus compliqué 
Qu'un bisou comme ça  

Translation: 

What did I do to deserve this?
So much love you can't say no
You get used to everything
To this heart that beats that goes pa pa pa  
Even to very sweet words
And to hours I didn't like before you?

And I can't believe I didn't love before you?
What's this happiness that's going after us?
What's that sun on our cheeks?  
Ah if I had been told love between you and I was worth it!
What's that happiness that's going after us? 
What's this desire to be crazy?
It's not complicated, not more  complicated 
Than a kiss like this

I edited the lyrics as I think it is 

"dire" instead of "hours" so I put two line iinstead of one both in the French text and the translation.  Hopefully we'll get a booklet with lyrics in the CD. 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
Unsure if Mika sings "dire" or "d'heures"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Lyrics I hear (with Siri's help for the line I was unsure of) and translation in English Thank you @Siri:hug:

Thank you so much!:thumb_yello:
I like the sound of the French words so much, so I enjoy singing it over and over again, now with proper lyrics. I'd been singing it, imitating Mika's pronunciation.

I'm very curious to know why he chose to sing it in French, I mean without any Japanese at all, changing the lyrics into a totally different thing.

I was expecting to hear Mika singing in Japanese.

I've been thinking about it and imagining so many possibilities, and always end up with "well, this is Mika".
And sing like this. 

C'est tres compliqué, C'est trop  compliqué 
 Il est toujour comme ça!:fisch:

Sorry...:sweatdrop:

But please don't get me wrong. I'm really in love with Mika's version very much. I like it more than the original.

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

I like the sound of the French words so much, so I enjoy singing it over and over again, now with proper lyrics. I'd been singing it, imitating Mika's pronunciation.

I'm very curious to know why he chose to sing it in French, I mean without any Japanese at all, changing the lyrics into7 a totally different thing.

I've been thinking about it and imagining so many possibilities, and always end up with "well, this is Mika".
And sing like this. 

But please don't get me wrong. I'm really in love with Mika's version very much. I like it more than the original.

I was also expecting him to sing it in Japanese or maybe in English and I was totally amazed that he chose to make a cover in French (or rather write French lyrics to the melody) but I fell in love with the French cover immediately because it's so sweet :swoon: It makes me very happy so I have the snipet on repeat :wub2:

And you're very welcome Yuko :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

I'm very curious to know why he chose to sing it in French, I mean without any Japanese at all, changing the lyrics into a totally different thing.

And sing like this. 

I enjoyed hearing him singing in french, I think that it is a successful idea, french lyrics match so well with the melody, I didn't realise that he is singing in french the first sentences until I heard it for the second time, no matter in which langage he is singing it's just catchy and sweet, 

I tried to translate some comments from japanese on youtube, and appearently they do like it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amy hudsone said:

I enjoyed hearing him singing in french, I think that it is a successful idea, french lyrics match so well with the melody, I didn't realise that he is singing in french the first sentences until I heard it for the second time, no matter in which langage he is singing it's just catchy and sweet, 

I tried to translate some comments from japanese on youtube, and appearently they do like it

I'm glad the comments are positive :biggrin2: As for me I'm over the moon with his two last covers :cloud:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I was also expecting him to sing it in Japanese or maybe in English and I was totally amazed that he chose to make a cover in French (or rather write French lyrics to the melody) but I fell in love with the French cover immediately because it's so sweet :swoon:It makes me very happy so I have the snipet on repeat :wub2:

And you're very welcome Yuko :huglove:

Same happens to me I can't get it out of my head. I had not heard it until yesterday and I Iove it. :cloud: His voice sounds crystalline and the arrengements fits really good for him. I think it's partly because I need new music from him. 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

Same happens to me I can't get it out of my head. I had not heard it until yesterday and I Iove it. :cloud: His voice sounds crystalline and the arrengements fits really good for him. I think it's partly because I need new music from him. 

As I had never heard the song before nor the music of the night they are like Mika songs for me  too :hug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 2:53 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Lyrics
Qu'est-ce que j'ai fait pour mériter ça? 
Tant d'amour ça ne se refuse pas 
On s'habitue à tout 
A ce coeur qui bat qui fait pa pa pa
Même à des mots tout doux 
Et d'heures qu'avant toi j'aimais pas?

Et dire qu'avant toi j'aimais pas?
C'est quoi ce soleil sur nos joues? 
Ah si on m'avait dit que ça valait le coup l'amour toi et moi!
C'est quoi cette envie d'être fou? 
C'est pas compliqué, pas plus compliqué 
Qu'un bisou comme ça  

Translation: 

What did I do to deserve this?
So much love you can't say no
You get used to everything
To this heart that beats that goes pa pa pa  
Even to very sweet words
And to hours I didn't like before you?

And I can't believe I didn't love before you?
What's this happiness that's going after us?
What's that sun on our cheeks?  
Ah if I had been told love between you and I was worth it!
What's that happiness that's going after us? 
What's this desire to be crazy?
It's not complicated, not more  complicated 
Than a kiss like this

I edited the lyrics as I think it is 

"dire" instead of "hours" so I put two line iinstead of one both in the French text and the translation.  Hopefully we'll get a booklet with lyrics in the CD. 

I can hear "Et dire qu'avant toi j'aimais pas". And it's more logic than "d'heures".  

• Like 1