dcdeb

Software Upgrade - Tech Support - 2018

Hey all!

Wanted to let you all know that we have just upgraded to the latest version of the software this forum uses.

So far, everything seems to have gone smoothly. Because it was a fairly big upgrade, some processes are still working in the background, so it may take a day or two for everything to be 100% available.

You may notice a few changes, though, and this would be the thread to write to looking for help!

One thing you may notice immediately is that our smileys have changed. They now appear to be very similar to the emojis you probably use on your phone.  The old shortcuts that you might have been using will probably not work any more, you'll just have to select them from the tool bar above the text box.

As I find other things that may be of use to you, I'll post about them here, too! Have fun exploring :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Boucarilla said:

Great emojis! Nice job thanks 😃😻

Thanks, but they came with the upgrade -- I didn't have to do anything special :)  Also, I see that our old smileys are still there, too -- you just have to scroll down the list a bit to find them. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I actually love the old smileys, so I'm glad they didn't disappear :wub2: I very often get caught myself looking for them while using facebook :teehee: They are unique!

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I very often get caught myself looking for them while using facebook :teehee: 

I do the same on whatsapp :lmfao:

• Haha 2

I saw the update before I saw this post... I thought that the original smileys were gone for a second and I was literally about to cry. :aah: I'm just being a little slow tonight... 

• Like 5

I don't know if it's just me, but in the last days I'm having hard time to get here on MFC. It takes a few minutes to load a page and usually I get the Error message

Screenshot (286).png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krysady said:

I don't know if it's just me, but in the last days I'm having hard time to get here on MFC. It takes a few minutes to load a page and usually I get the Error message

Screenshot (286).png

Have you tried using a different browser?

55 minutes ago, krysady said:

Screenshot (286).png

I have the same problem with two different browsers, the site does not respond if I try to see the "unread" section and I get this message several times too :sad:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silver said:

Have you tried using a different browser?

Yes, on Chrome and Firefox, and it happens also on my Android phone.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, krysady said:

Screenshot (286).png

Same for me ,especialy when triyin the "unread content" that unfortunately is the one I'm using mostly

(I'm usualy using "Microsoft edge" browser)

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Siri said:

I have the same problem with two different browsers, the site does not respond if I try to see the "unread" section and I get this message several times too :sad:

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Same for me ,especialy when triyin the "unread content" that unfortunately is the one I'm using mostly

(I'm usualy using "Microsoft edge" browser)

Yes, the Unread Content it's what I'm checking all the time as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Yes, the Unread Content it's what I'm checking all the time as well.

Team who's missing time ....:wink2:

• Haha 1

Hmm... I see some of you have been having problems. This hasn't happened to me, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I ran a security patch and minor upgrade last night, so let's give it a day and see if that fixes your problem. Please let me know, and if it happens again, I'll report it to our Tech Support people. The screen shots help.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 4:44 PM, dcdeb said:

Hmm... I see some of you have been having problems. This hasn't happened to me, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I ran a security patch and minor upgrade last night, so let's give it a day and see if that fixes your problem. Please let me know, and if it happens again, I'll report it to our Tech Support people. The screen shots help.

Thanks!

Immagine.thumb.png.29f6b261140df40649d2be6314404069.png

Same error again, this time from my PC (with Google Chrome), but it desn't work on my phone either :dunno:

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Siri said:

Immagine.thumb.png.29f6b261140df40649d2be6314404069.png

Same error again, this time from my PC (with Google Chrome), but it desn't work on my phone either :dunno:

For me it's the same, I have to keep refreshing the page over and over again.... Sometimes I even forget what I wanted to post till I get in here :doh: 

Edit: this is the last one: 

Screenshot (290).png

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

I'm using Firefox and the Unread Content page loaded for me, but only after a long wait.

@krysady Does the All Activity tab work ok?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, silver said:

Does the All Activity tab work ok?

Yes, that one is loading immediately, no Error message and no delay 

• Like 1

OK, definitely time to send a ticket to the tech support people. Thanks for screen shots, that gives me something concrete to show them. :thumb_yello:

• Thanks 2

I have no problem using firefox focus on my android phone. 

I still can't upload any pics to MFC though...

On 5/7/2018 at 3:12 AM, dcdeb said:

OK, definitely time to send a ticket to the tech support people. Thanks for screen shots, that gives me something concrete to show them. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, Deb, it seems the problem is gone :thumb_yello: No more Error messages since yesterday :punk:

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, krysady said:

Thank you, Deb, it seems the problem is gone :thumb_yello: No more Error messages since yesterday :punk:

The problem is solved for me too, thank you @dcdeb :flowers2:

• Like 1

Great! Tech Support told me they were having some streaming issues, but that the latest minor upgrade to version 4.3.2 should fix it. I ran that upgrade a few nights ago, and it sounds like it did the trick for all of you!  Please let me know if anything else crops up!  :thumb_yello:

On 5/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

I have no problem using firefox focus on my android phone. 

I still can't upload any pics to MFC though...

OK, Anne, we need to figure this out. Let's talk about this privately so we can fix this issue for you. :)

• Thanks 3