Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Okey Dokey Ive had a few PM's asking about me so Im kicking off the getting to know you thread , Im on Myspace somewhere but it does my head in so here we go .......................

Im 34 , a designer from Sunny Sunderland ! , design microchips for Intel , they go into your mobile phones , televisions , light sabers or whatever else is electrical these days! , I started off designing microwave ovens and TV's!

Im a lucky lad and have been blessed with travelling the world with work , 6 months in south korea was my first off , then France , Italy , Holland , Germany and seven times to Portland , Oregan on the west coast of the USA..

I love music , and have seen heaps of bands .. bon jovi , guns and roses , orson , big country , the who , the killers , muse .. etc etc , I NEVER got to see Queen live and that will say with me forever:thumbdown: although I did go to his tribute concert in 91 which was amazing , 3 rows from the front!!! , Queen came on to Tie Your Mother Down - freddie , il never forget it

I also like travelling for holidays , last year I was wth 25 mad scots on a greek island as two of them were getting married , superb , also like Madrid , Dublin , Berlin..

Im sociable , love meeting new people , errrr and thats it for now!

:bleh:

I also like travelling

Im sociable , love meeting new people , errrr and thats it for now!

:bleh:

Never been to Montreal, so I guest one day we will have the pleasure of seeing Mika live here... i will welcome any other crazy and brave person (like me) to visit and be a great tour bus driver, ok i only have a small car but weah that coul be fun too :wink2:

By the way i love travelling too, meeting new people, enjoying every minute...

sounds like you have a very interesting job!

It's nice to know more about you.

Look forward to seeing you in (just) two weeks time:woot_jump:

lv, andi xxx

----------

14037989.png

3.Parla Italiano? Luckily we have some nice Italian MFC’ers or we would have missed out on quite a few things written by the man himself!

Edited by Droopsy

Hmmm, not sure how much to say here.

-I like being anonymous, but that seems a bit rude now that Freddiedouble has introduced himself to everyone!

I am 39 years old (40 a few days after I see Mika in Birmingham!), I live in Wales, I am married with 2 wonderful children aged 6 and 4.

I gave up teaching many years ago to work in horticulture, which I only do part-time, when the children are in school.

I love gardening, cooking and Morris Minors.

After originally falling in love with Marc Bolan, I discovered Queen, and since then nothing had matched up to them and I haven't been really passionate about any music until now.

Here's my boast to make Freddiesdouble jealous:

I saw Queen at LiveAid in '85 and at Wembley in '86!

:naughty:

Yes, they completely stole the show (but them I am slightly biased, seeing as I went there mainly to see Queen)

I really enjoyed Status Quo too!

I was only 18 and went to London on the bus with my younger sister and 3 friends. My Dad took me to Cardiff at 5am to get the tickets and I had my A level chemistry exam the next day, so I didn't get much revision done!

It was very exciting just to be there and I loved every minute of it, despite dehydration, sunburn and missing the last bus back and spending the night at Heathrow bus station!

Happy memories................:biggrin2:

Well, I might as well introduce myself aswell.

I'm Rosie Lou (I'm actually Rosemary Louise.) and I live in rainy Wales where I go to school and speak Welsh. I was very bored with my life until I discovered how amazing the internet actually was and now I spend most of my time on the computer. I also like drawing and more recently, painting. I found Mika on Radio 1 at 11:56 on January 28th in the car park by the harbour while my brother spent his Crimbo money on a football PC game. I was very bored to I took a picture of the radio with my camera.

I've only ever been to 1 gig and that was to see Liberty X in the summer a few years ago. I never really liked Liberty X anyway....

Sorry if I've bored you with my life history lol.

Yes, they completely stole the show (but them I am slightly biased, seeing as I went there mainly to see Queen)

I really enjoyed Status Quo too!

I was only 18 and went to London on the bus with my younger sister and 3 friends. My Dad took me to Cardiff at 5am to get the tickets and I had my A level chemistry exam the next day, so I didn't get much revision done!

It was very exciting just to be there and I loved every minute of it, despite dehydration, sunburn and missing the last bus back and spending the night at Heathrow bus station!

Happy memories................:biggrin2:

Bringing them back for me too.

I had to work till 2.30pm on Live Aid day, got a cab to Wembley and actually found my friends in the huge crowd!

I though Queen were OK up to that point, but I have to admit that they stole the show, they were fantastic, and I have had a healthy respect for them since then.

Hello Babspanky.

I don't think that I've ever actually met someone else who went to LiveAid before! (Living in rural Wales can be a bit of a social handicap!) :naughty:

Come on everyone else, this thread is supposed to get people to explain a bit about themselves.

- I'm beginning to feel like someone who's turned up a party where no one else is in fancy dress!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Ok, i'm Hannah, 22 and a mental health student nurse, in my first year at Teesside uni!

i absolutley love music, it all started when i was 8 and my dad took me to see Madness, i loved the atmosphere and the noise!

Have been to lots of gigs, probs some of the best have been, foo-fighters, chilli peppers, james brown, scissor sisters, take that, and Blondie.:mf_lustslow:

i'm going to quite a few gigs this year, Mika in less than 2weeks eeeeh, then keane, aussie pink floyd, jason donavon!! couldnt resist haha, meat loaf and scissor sisters! :mf_lustslow:

i'm single, but going on a date on thursday so if that goes well i might not be single any more lol!!

right thats about it!

Ok, here goes!

I am 31 and married with 2 boys. I help run my parents-in-laws pub with my husband, sister-in-law and her husband (yes, it is definitely a family business!) in a small Cambridgeshire village. I am originally from Norwich and am definitely a Norfolk girl at heart! (no inbred jokes, please:wink2: ).

It's been a long time since I have been to any gigs and apart from Bros at Wembley (OK, I was only 13!), my live band experiences were mainly Indie bands in the early/mid nineties - EMF, Stereo MCs, The Farm, Reef etc.

Went to see We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre last month for my birthday, it really took my breath away - amazing! If you haven't seen it already - GO!

My whole family are huge music fans and have all been swept away by Mika, but none as much as me and my obsession is becoming a bit of a joke with my hubby (I like to think he is just jealous! :wink2: ). I aim to see Mika live at least once this year, and I am so jealous of all you guys who have already seen him - especially the launch party in Berkeley Square which sounds like it was amazing and the filming of the Culture Show as this was such an intimate experience with him.:winksmiley02:

Kat x

Can newbies post here too? I've noticed some of you have 100+ posts :D

Well I'm 24 (soon to be 25), single, and am currently in the B.Ed program. I am also a HUGE Mika fan ;)

I live on the West Coast of Canada, and can't wait for Mika to show his cute ass here :D:D No, no, I'm into his music, but it don't hurt that he's so cute!

And as for shows, I've been to all of Jason Mraz's shows (I highly recommend him, he's AMAZING), Maroon5 & when I wasa child, BSB, lol.

Nice to meet you all!

^^^I love Mraz and Maroon 5 too! :punk:

....Anyway, lets see...I'm Najee (Naj for short) I'm from and live in Chicago in the U.S., and I'm about to graduate high school (yay for me!)...I love lots of different kinds of music, though mainly stuff in the rock/alternative vein....my favorite band of all time is Queen, I also love the Beatles and some newer bands as well, such as The Killers, Scissor Sisters, and Franz Ferdinand. I found out about Mika when a friend of mine showed me Mika's Grace Kelly video, saying she'd heard people calling Mika "Freddie Mercury reborn" and wanted to know what I thought, since I'm such a huge Queen fan...when I first saw the video, it gave me chills, the both the resemblance to Freddie's voice and the sheer power and control that Mika has over it, in addition to the fact that Grace Kelly was different than anything I'd heard in awhile.

So yeah, I'm a huge fan. :biggrin2:

Oh ok then!!

Am Carri - 39 too (40 in OCT) 2 kids - girl of 12 and boy who is 8.

Yes was at Live Aid and the Its a Kind of Magic Queen tour - at front at Wembley - oh YES!! In fact am in video!!!

Work part time as a Town Planner (aaagh) at Local Council and also a freelance aerobics instructor - Body PUMP and COMBAT and a full time MUM!

Saw Mika at Culture Show Filming also going to Brighton & Shepherds Bush - but without daughter due to age and exmas!!

Hi! I'm Mei, 29 from London! I love margheritas, salsa, snowboarding, indoor climbing, scuba diving, mountain biking and fitness (although am struggling to lose weight :blink: )

I generally like most music.. but have leaned towards rnb, hip hop in recent years, but am open to everything. Never really a Queen or Freddie fanatic (sorry!) but as Mika says.. we are a 'best of' generation where everything is available for us!! We have the ability to pick and choose our own crazy music mixes on our ipods!! I will surely be checking out Queen and Freddie discographies!! Mika's music is so refreshing!!

Growing up, I had the usual crushes on artists and boy bands but everyone seemed so inaccessible then...these days with myspace and sites like this, its nice to have an impression that we're not that distant after all!! Thank goodness for the Internet!

I was also at the Culture Show shoot and feel so privilidged to have been part of such an intimate morning with Mika.... I will forever treasure the photo I took with him!! Sooo glad I plucked up the courage to ask him!! I have never been so star struck!!

I am an IT girl and work for Reuters (will be trying to infiltrate the editorial floor and stalk the entertainment journalists sometime this week :naughty: ). I'm a real gadget girl though not at all a geek!!

Thats a little bit about me :blush-anim-cl: Feel free to PM me anytime :wink2: