The Israeli Thread

Killer Queen

Hmmmm.. Maybe I should listen to more songs from Ninet? :D

Dunno why I haven't heard of him before :blink: Is he big in Israel?

In fact not long ago they did a cover for Ofra Haza together - its on You tube, just type Ninet and Ivri

And yes, Ivri is really popular...started as the composer (he wrote stuff for israeli ballet company Bat Sheva) he went to be singing songwriter with his 1st album in 97....

Yeah I know hahaha it's was a huuuuuge hit in Sweden, and all over the world as well I believe! haha It ended up with every single person in Sweden singing a song in Romanian, which the didn't knew a word of :D:punk:

Something about love in the forest or something - "Dragostea Din Tei"? :D or something under the tress, perhaps? haha

the title means 'the love in the limetree':boxed:. that's what you get if you translate each word as such...and it sounds almost as dumb in romanian...and the rest of the song is pretty low iq too:naughty: but it's catchy i guess

In fact not long ago they did a cover for Ofra Haza together - its on You tube, just type Ninet and Ivri

And yes, Ivri is really popular...started as the composer (he wrote stuff for israeli ballet company Bat Sheva) he went to be singing songwriter with his 1st album in 97....

Ha-ke'ev ha-ze? :) Listening to it now :):thumb_yello:

Oh really.... cool :)

the title means 'the love in the limetree':boxed:. that's what you get if you translate each word as such...and it sounds almost as dumb in romanian...and the rest of the song is pretty low iq too:naughty: but it's catchy i guess

Yeah ahha obviously it was very catchy as it was a huge hit :D:bleh::roftl: hahaha

Search for Zahiti Leehov from Ivri's last album -its on youtube as well....

was an absolute hit in Israel...and the cute vid...

Yeah I will haha after I've watched Ninet Tayeb singing Ha'tikva at a soccer game :)

Shalom le kulam !

I speak ivrit but really a little. I'm French. Few years ago i was in an ulpan kibboutz near Jerusalem, and it was a fantastic experience. I hope to go back soon in Israel, I miss this country !

hello!

ulpan kibboutz?:shocked:

where was it?

i live in mevasseret near jerusalem :)

Well..i really really do love israeli music :mf_lustslow: ever since I first heard Tal Sondak :roftl::wink2:

yeah tal sondak was great in the eurovision !!! i loved "ein davar" but i don't know much more about him :roftl:

I think that hebreu sounds very well, i wish i learned it :thumb_yello:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...