2007 - Mika @ Glastonbury Festival - Worthy Farm, Pilton (UK)

Yoppappop

Well it took me most of the day being glued to my telly (while playing on the Playstation in-between) But I managed to see Mika singing: Big Girl(twice), My Interpretation, Billy Brown(just the end bit), I want you back, Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Sweet Dream and Ring Ring. Was well worth it, I have to say though, he did sound a little off for a few songs, but I think that was mainly a sound problem with the recording. Some of the presenters’ comments about him did annoy me slightly, (one about there being around 19,997 girls watching him and only 3 boys!) but meh.

Can’t wait to see him again in November! And hopefully he’ll be doing Glastonbury again next year with more reorganization.

:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

F.x

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the link Babs....it's a shame they didn;t show more.....LOVED the b/w stripey trousers :wub2:

I loved the trousers !

They did show more, as I said on the previous page I managed to see Mika singing: Big Girl(twice), My Interpretation, Billy Brown(just the end bit), I want you back, Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Sweet Dream and Ring Ring. I think they may have shown more before I had realised he was on the one channel. Though saying that most of it I saw on BBC interactive.

Love Today could have been ace if the crowd had sung the ‘ooooh a-oooooooh’ to go along with the drumming, that was a highlight when I saw him in May.

Dose any one thing he’ll ever be a headliner at Glastonbury, on the pyramid stage that is?

:punk:

F.x

I loved the trousers !

They did show more, as I said on the previous page I managed to see Mika singing: Big Girl(twice), My Interpretation, Billy Brown(just the end bit), I want you back, Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Sweet Dream and Ring Ring. I think they may have shown more before I had realised he was on the one channel. Though saying that most of it I saw on BBC interactive.

Love Today could have been ace if the crowd had sung the ‘ooooh a-oooooooh’ to go along with the drumming, that was a highlight when I saw him in May.

Dose any one thing he’ll ever be a headliner at Glastonbury, on the pyramid stage that is?

:punk:

F.x

I couldn't help thinking the audience just didn't realise how privileged they were to be seeing Mika live. If I'd been there, I'd have been singing along and dancing away like an idiot.....there was a shot of one bloke at the front and he was like this... :shocked:

No respect!!

I couldn't help thinking the audience just didn't realise how privileged they were to be seeing Mika live. If I'd been there, I'd have been singing along and dancing away like an idiot.....there was a shot of one bloke at the front and he was like this... :shocked:

No respect!!

Privileged to us fans, but not to alot of people. I think they were more privileged to see Shirley Bassey tbh, as Mika has years left in him now. Was it that man in the black hoodie?

F.x

haha yeah the audience clips while mika was on stage were hilarious..i remember two lads with cameras on the front row trying to take pictures of mika and they were going from left to right trying to get mika in view :roftl: :roftl:

does anyone else remember this? or was it just me?:blink:

Loved watching the coverage - trouble is, thanks to rubbish fore-warning, I had to record every bloody BBC Glastonbury show on BBC2,3 and 4 just to make sure I didn't miss any Mika moments - and now I've just about filled up my Sky+ memory and can't bring myself to delete any of them (don't want to loose the 5 mins in each out of 124 mins per show!). The bloke at the front in the black hoodie was hilarious, do you think his girlfied had dragged him there or he had turned up at the wrong stage and got stuck there! Mika was as fabulous as ever, very very lickable in those trousies and whitey tighty shirt with that wet floppy hair thing going on and the smudged black stripe on his face just grubbied him up just enough mmmmmmmmmm :blink::mf_lustslow: ........hang on where was I?....oh yeh...., and the rest of the crew were brilliant and v gorgoeous too - I'm loving cherisses gold trousies!! And was it just me or did the sun come out exactly on cue for Grace Kelly - it's as if even the Gods were having a great time!!! The dancing during I want you back was delicious!

My only complaint was the "Big Girl" with the red hair (not the other one with black hair who is very stunning and knows her routine) - trying to take over the show or what, she practically groped and snogged Mika during Big Girl, insisted on being centre of attention at the front during lollipop and then wouldn't stop moving around and lying on the back of the sofa in full camera view faffing around during the interview (oh how I wanted to push her off that sofa!!!). Bit dissapointed about the lack of notice given for performances and some of the negative and often rude comments made by the BBC presenters (except Edith Bowman who is obviously a huge fan!), but a brilliant first time performance from the man who will still be giving it his all at Glastonbury for years and years (maybe then the presnters will stop taking the P! - "19,999 women and 3 men enjoying mika on the Other Stage there!!" - cheeky monkey! and "20,000 have come, some to have a laugh with Mika, although most have come to laugh at him!!" - oh shut up!!!!!!). OOOOh just re-read this and I sound like a grumpy old mare don't I - I best go now and find a large red headed tv presenter to beat with her own micrphone just to cheer myself up!! LOL:naughty:

ok, yesterday i was amazed only by watching Big Girl and My Interpretation. This morning i saw bab put all the other videos from the festival and i was like, omg it's almost like a gig! in paris he only sang 2 songs and look at this!! i regret so much for not being there, cause it was one of those shows that one abs shouldn't have missed at all. wow, the boy has def grown up and he's far more comfortable on stage, we all can see that. i keep watching the videos, and his performance is just GREAT, wow, really i'm speechless!

and all his energy, he looks great! and the scenografy is awesome, everything was BRILLIANT! he's born to do this, period.

Just a note: either it's a fan filming or a professional camera-man, when MIKA sings Sweet Dreams he's always shot from the bottom: i wonder why..:biggrin2:

Wow, lots of amazing reactions to is perfomances there, and I don't know if the camera caught it or not but after the Big Girl kissed Mika, o the other way round I wasn't sure, but he walked back towards where I was standing and with the back of his hand wiped his lips off. Now it could be just getting off any unwanted lipstick, I don't know, just thought I would mention it.

Did anyone catch him playing with his braces during one song? Ha ha VERY naughty.

So has anyone heard from Lollipop yet, I'm hoping she managed to get herself out of the mud okay, as it was horrendous trying to leave yesterday.

"20,000 have come, some to have a laugh with Mika, although most have come to laugh at him!!" :

:boxed:

WHICH sad person said this Cathi??? Please, I didn't see all the footage.

I will hunt them down...:mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...
It's not so new so maybe everyone's already heard it already?... BBC Radio 1 has put up a podcast of interviews with some of the artists at Glastonbury.... Mika is interviewed some minutes into it....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/podcast.shtml

*he mentions some of the same things he detailed in his Glastonbury blog for the Guardian Unlimited

thank you titania! didn't know about it!

WHO gonna send me pix for the mika live album from this event?!

PLEASE someone tell me u have some that u took!?

i dont want to break the tradition.... we need pix from ALL shows :):thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...

I saw yesterday on you tube Love Today & Grace Kelly and It was horrible to my ears! He screamed so many times and his voice was not good at all.

On Love Today, when he asked the crowd to repeat the noise he did with his voice, i was not surprised that nobody could as it was so weird and impossible to remember lol

When we are at the show, we are into the gig so we don't realise that sometimes it's too much. and when you hear it afterwards it could be irritating!

I didn't like those 2 songs but I loved the Killers :D

I saw yesterday on you tube Love Today & Grace Kelly and It was horrible to my ears! He screamed so many times and his voice was not good at all.

On Love Today, when he asked the crowd to repeat the noise he did with his voice, i was not surprised that nobody could as it was so weird and impossible to remember lol

When we are at the show, we are into the gig so we don't realise that sometimes it's too much. and when you hear it afterwards it could be irritating!

I didn't like those 2 songs but I loved the Killers :D

:shocked::boxed::thumbdown::furious::mf_rosetinted:

• 3 years later...
Does anyone have any other videos from big girl, but not the bbc one. Just a video someone has recorded?

I have a dvd recording somewhere of the whole set, but not sure where it is, and need to use my pc to get it online.

• 7 years later...
On 10/9/2010 at 1:45 AM, eloise.shaw said:

Does anyone have any other videos from big girl, but not the bbc one. Just a video someone has recorded?

If I remember correctly, I bought a DVD in 2011 from http://www.ioffer.com/

VIDEO DOWNLOAD link

VK

842656948_2007_06.24-Glastonbury.avi_001351658.png.ce4feaaaeb50bb7987f0ad996cb48a29.png

• mari62 changed the title to 2007 - Mika @ Glastonbury Festival - Worthy Farm, Pilton (UK)