Aaaaw my lovely hometown :tears: Cube why are you torturing me like this!?? WHYYYY???? To think about your luck this summer ooh :sad:

(Happy for you though)

So sorry didn't mean to :sweatdrop: thx for Monshi anyway for chearing you up :stretcher: haha...it's just that i miss beirut too and i miss the power cut toooooo :lol3: so they're still doing it :sneaky2:

Sou --> me too i'm wondering where Mika was born in beirut...but i think i have a clue :roftl:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na na na :plane: i'm going to leb this July :bleh: i'm gonna eat the taboolé and the chawarma and the hummos and the fattooch and...... i'll eat like a monster then i'll :mf_pain: and :puke: hoping it won't :rocket: !!!! if it happens then i'll just :plane: back....

What do u think of my little story ?? :naughty:

Na na na :plane: i'm going to leb this July :bleh: i'm gonna eat the taboolé and the chawarma and the hummos and the fattooch and...... i'll eat like a monster...

wiiie! sounds fun! going to lebanon!! eating like a monster though is something that won't have nice consequences :bleh:

anyway, have fun :biggrin2:

What did he say?? I can't get to see the concert online. Aah... I'm glad he mentioned us in the Middle East though:punk:

I don't know if everybody has seen it yet. But anyway, it's part 6 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_F0q8ZlDk

As much as I loved Mika, I love him a 100 times more! :blush-anim-cl:

he really is very aware of the situation and the thing that he doesn't want the place to be all about wars to the western world. I mean there are so many beautiful places in the Middle East, but people seem to be afraid of even considering those places.

I had myself a little cry, specially where he says that he hasn't got a town, and doesn't know where to go sometimes.

Cause I can relate. God I'm getting all tearful now...

Oh, I love Mika more and more.

For you who can't, or havn't got time now,

Here's that part of the interview:

Interviewer = I, Mika = M

I: Have you ever gone back to Beirut?

M: Yes, a few times. It’s amazing, amazing country, it’s so much fun.

Have you ever been?

I: No

M: You should go, it’s brilliant.

I: What do you think about the daily tension in the Middle East?

M: I think it’s very hard, and it’s very hard mostly for the people who live there. Not for all the politicians who we see on television on day talking about it. For the everyday people who live there.

People, you know my age and your age, are trying to live a normal life, going to university and… the facility of the ease of living a normal life is a luxury.

But they get by, and they keep going. I mean, Lebanon’s back on its feet again. It’s hard for everyone, on every side, but I feel very strongly that…

You know if you go up to an 16 year old or an 18 year old in the street, and you say: Do you know about Beirut and Lebanon, if they do know about it, the only reason why they’ll know about it, is they’ll be like: Oh yeah, aren’t people fighting there? Isn’t there a war? Isn’t there terrorism?

Which is really sad. So I think that if I’m having the privilege of people asking me about it I should be saying good stuff, you know. I shouldn’t be going on about the politics and the war because there is always amazing stuff to talk about in Lebanon.

I don’t have that town, you know, where I grew up, where my grandmother is and where I was born. In a way that’s sad because sometimes I wonder like where am I gonna go?

I feel a bit like an airport…

And then he speaks about his family a little...

Sou, a miracle happened last night... we didn't have a power cut ALL night! :)

MABROUUUUUUUK!!!!!!!!!! (Grrr, I really wish there was a smiley that did the zaghrouta, LOL)

Sou --> me too i'm wondering where Mika was born in beirut...but i think i have a clue :roftl:

I'm sure we'll find out one day!! So you've got a clue?! TELL US! :wink2:

Thank u so much for posting the interview :)

Sorry it made you feel sad though, but you'll get to the where you want to go some day soon :thumb_yello:

Cubes... you're definitely coming to Lebanon?? Yayyyyy cool:thumb_yello:

Well I have to go - THE POWER'S OFF AGAIN!!!!!

I'm typing in the dark and remembering the time when I used to think power cuts were fun - now i get excited when there's electric :roftl:

By the way, thanks for keeping the Lebanese thread up here - or have I said that before? :blush-anim-cl:

I hope you're all doing ok...

Night night everyone :)

I'm typing in the dark and remembering the time when I used to think power cuts were fun - now i get excited when there's electric :roftl:

By the way, thanks for keeping the Lebanese thread up here - or have I said that before? :blush-anim-cl:

I hope you're all doing ok...

Night night everyone :)

Oh no, power's out? That's terrible, and they were spot on this time! At least last time they were 30mins late, remember? hehe

Night, night Lara!!! :)

Na na na :plane: i'm going to leb this July :bleh: i'm gonna eat the taboolé and the chawarma and the hummos and the fattooch and...... i'll eat like a monster then i'll :mf_pain: and :puke: hoping it won't :rocket: !!!! if it happens then i'll just :plane: back....

What do u think of my little story ?? :naughty:

I think it's great, would have been just my plan......eat for me too

Monshi: Yeah you get a little emotional hearing him speak about Leb and his own story....

Sou: Haha a zaghrouta smiley wouldn't be wrong =)

Thank u so much for posting the interview :)

Sorry it made you feel sad though, but you'll get to the where you want to go some day soon :thumb_yello:

Sure! :thumb_yello: everyone has probably seen it... but I said I would post it when I saw it, so I did... :bleh:

thanx. I've become more emotional than what I usually am now... :bleh:

Sorry about the power. :thumbdown:

I don't know if everybody has seen it yet. But anyway, it's part 6 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_F0q8ZlDk

As much as I loved Mika, I love him a 100 times more! :blush-anim-cl:

he really is very aware of the situation and the thing that he doesn't want the place to be all about wars to the western world. I mean there are so many beautiful places in the Middle East, but people seem to be afraid of even considering those places.

I had myself a little cry, specially where he says that he hasn't got a town, and doesn't know where to go sometimes.

Cause I can relate. God I'm getting all tearful now...

Oh, I love Mika more and more.

For you who can't, or havn't got time now,

Here's that part of the interview:

Interviewer = I, Mika = M

I: Have you ever gone back to Beirut?

M: Yes, a few times. It’s amazing, amazing country, it’s so much fun.

Have you ever been?

I: No

M: You should go, it’s brilliant.

I: What do you think about the daily tension in the Middle East?

M: I think it’s very hard, and it’s very hard mostly for the people who live there. Not for all the politicians who we see on television on day talking about it. For the everyday people who live there.

People, you know my age and your age, are trying to live a normal life, going to university and… the facility of the ease of living a normal life is a luxury.

But they get by, and they keep going. I mean, Lebanon’s back on its feet again. It’s hard for everyone, on every side, but I feel very strongly that…

You know if you go up to an 16 year old or an 18 year old in the street, and you say: Do you know about Beirut and Lebanon, if they do know about it, the only reason why they’ll know about it, is they’ll be like: Oh yeah, aren’t people fighting there? Isn’t there a war? Isn’t there terrorism?

Which is really sad. So I think that if I’m having the privilege of people asking me about it I should be saying good stuff, you know. I shouldn’t be going on about the politics and the war because there is always amazing stuff to talk about in Lebanon.

I don’t have that town, you know, where I grew up, where my grandmother is and where I was born. In a way that’s sad because sometimes I wonder like where am I gonna go?

I feel a bit like an airport…

And then he speaks about his family a little...

:tears: :tears: Oh Monshi....OMG !!! What Mika said is so true i always feel like where i'm going everytime i take trips....So he's been there after the war :sweatdrop: I really think he understands the situation there....My admiration for him is growing MORE and MORE !!!!

Sue --> I think he was born in the American University Hospital of Beirut for the american community u see...and it's the best hospital there...What do you think ??? I'll do some investigation about it :naughty:

I didn't find anything so far...:das: but as i promised before this is a picture of our beautiful mountains....so particular in the middle east :naughty: I'm sure Mika went there for skiing when he travelled to leb....

post-2948-142983655986_thumb.jpg

I didn't find anything so far...:das: but as i promised before this is a picture of our beautiful mountains....so particular in the middle east :naughty: I'm sure Mika went there for skiing when he travelled to leb....

Amazing view! *breathtaking*:hypo:

You go play detective Cube :das::biggrin2:

Sou: Haha a zaghrouta smiley wouldn't be wrong =)

Fine then, let's demand a zaghrouta smiley! hehe

Sue --> I think he was born in the American University Hospital of Beirut for the american community u see...and it's the best hospital there...What do you think ??? I'll do some investigation about it :naughty:

A-ha! I think you're onto something! And the investigation begins, dum-dum-dum-dummmmmmmm!! (Yeah, had to add some sound effects in there - suspense aktar!) :naughty:

A-ha! I think you're onto something! And the investigation begins, dum-dum-dum-dummmmmmmm!! (Yeah, had to add some sound effects in there - suspense aktar!) :naughty:

Suspens aktar.....hahahaha lol made me laugh :lol3: :lol3: must say that i didn't find anything :giveup: what should we do now ?!

Nice picture you posted Detective Cube :)

Am really bored... it's foggy and raining here - we have London weather today.

Sou, do you get the music channel - Nagham? They keep playing video clips of Mika in concert:thumb_yello:

I'm going now 'cos I'm writing really boring stuff - sorry :roftl:

Ok... Everyone else seems to have a thread but there doesn't seem to be a Lebanese one.

So, if there are any Lebanese people here or just anyone really... say hi.

This is a picture looking down towards Beirut from where I live :)

And I really do think that Mika should do a concert in Lebanon:punk:

Hi Lara!!

I'm lebanese too, but not living in lebanon:tears:

Happy to see there's other lebanese here!!!!:groupwave:

Hope that he will soon become a big star in lebanon....& of course he will:roftl:

& hope to see him there soon!!!!

proud to have such a good representative!!

One more thing: lebanon is the most beautiful contry in the world :roll1::wink2:

Suspens aktar.....hahahaha lol made me laugh :lol3: :lol3: must say that i didn't find anything :giveup: what should we do now ?!

I think when you're in Lebanon in the summer, you should go around in a long trench coat, dark sunglasses, a notepad and investigate! Detective Cube is on a mission!!

Sou, do you get the music channel - Nagham? They keep playing video clips of Mika in concert:thumb_yello:

Seriously?!!!! And I thought Nagham was of no use! lol I'm going to keep it on 24/7 now!!!

just a little question: do u know where his mother's family come from? or where his family livin in lebanon?

We're all wondering the same thing! Cube thinks he has a lead, and he's going to start the ivestigation soon. Right Cube? hehe :wink2:

I just found this post! I've got some family in Lebanon, my roots are there. My more direct family is from Armenia, but we have relatives in Lebanon and we've got things in our house from Lebanon, like Jewelry boxes, etc. We make Lebanese/Armenian food every so often, and celebrate that. And I know my (distant) family made rugs in Beirut about 30-ish years ago. They had a shop, I think.

Thx for adding me on the list!!!

Hope this thread will become bigger & bigger!!!:thumb_yello:

good Luck for ur investigation :wink2: héhé maybe u should begin with Zahlé & "El berdawny" as Mika talked about it once:roftl:

I just found this post! I've got some family in Lebanon, my roots are there. My more direct family is from Armenia, but we have relatives in Lebanon and we've got things in our house from Lebanon, like Jewelry boxes, etc. We make Lebanese/Armenian food every so often, and celebrate that. And I know my (distant) family made rugs in Beirut about 30-ish years ago. They had a shop, I think.

Oooo were did you find that post???

Sou: I think when you're in Lebanon in the summer, you should go around in a long trench coat, dark sunglasses, a notepad and investigate! Detective Cube is on a mission!!

Hahaha like the sound of that! :fisch::glasses2:

A possible Zaghrouta? S.O.S(Save_Our_Souls).gif

Lebanese people (or half.....) DECLARE YOURSELVES.......:naughty:

:mf_lustslow: LEBANESE PROUD :mf_lustslow:

LEBANESE FRIENDLY

#1 Lara ( because you started the thread....hehe )

#2 Cubitus (me........ hehe)

#3 Sou

#4 Jassisa

#5 Lebanese_Girl

#6 Nicoulini

#7 Yoppappop

#8 Arcenciel

#9 Rumbagirl

#10 Monshi

#11 LebAngel

#12 Akateisakate

...................next ?:biggrin2: