Dear Sweet Mika,

Since twitter restricts to 140 characters, and there is absolutely no way I can show that restraint, I am choosing to reply to your latest tweet here. Following the Barcelona gig you tweeted regarding how lucky you are to have fans like us.

Mika, your fans are a reflection of you. Please understand that and never forget it. It is the inspiration you provide that has made us what we are.

When you see the creativity of your fans at a gig, know we are reflecting your creativity back at you, because you've inspired us to do so. Inspired us to be creative, and show it, and repay you with it. It is heartfelt.

When you meet fans at a show who have been patient, determined, and overcome adversities to be there for you? That's all you honey, you've taught us how to be patient and determined, how to overcome adversity with grace. We are just reflecting it back to you.

When you receive sweet messages of support, hope and love from fans; you guessed it, you again. It is because you are sweet and supportive of your fans and inspire us with hope and love.

When you perform for a crazy crowd of all ethnicities and ages, and watch as they become one crazy magical entity of childlike trust, enthusiasm and honesty? It's because you've taught us how to grow old without growing up.

Your fans are a reflection of you, Mika. We're a little wild, a little dirty, most of us are flirty... but we're also from all over, and speak many languages. Just like this amazing person I know who is a Lebanese-American raised in France, based in London and living in cities around the world. He's a really special guy, I think you'd like him. I know I do, and I'm pretty sure the rest of your fans do as well.

So remember, always, that your fans are a reflection of you. When you're feeling sad, or burned out or worn down, when you're lonely and angry, just remember your fans, and that they are a reflection of you. So when you find yourself thinking your fans are amazing, realize that YOU are amazing. When you think you're lucky to have us, know we feel lucky to have you. When you feel loved by us all, know we feel loved by you as well. Because we are a reflection of you. And you are effing amazing.

I was about to say never change, but that's impossible. Never grow up Mika. Always be you. Always be true to your heart. We'll always be true to you.

With so much love and a bursting heart of joy and emotion and I'm hoping the feels are hitting you across the ocean,

Ashley

@CarolinaAsh

• Like 7

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello Dear MIKA,

I will begin my letter from 2014, when I discovered your music, and who you are for the first time.

It was a year when all my family came to France to change a place of life for moment.

Well, when I saw you on the Voice on television, I understood that you're special, and I was absolutely right:)

I'm so happy, and I'm glad to be your fan.

You're an amazing person, no one in the world has such warm heart as you have.

I hope to meet you one day.

Love you with all my heart.

Your fan forever,

Eva. 

MIKA4.jpg

Edited by MIKA_DREAMER

• 5 months later...