Mika in German tv show NDR 13 April 2007

Blue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing then that I missed about 75% of the interview because of the dubbing. And from the other 25% I think the question about being a gay icon was so cliche. He managed well though, he might be getting used to those questions.

I saw the show... OMG I hate how they translated it, I wanted to hear MIKA ! Altough I understood the translation it was awful... Why didn't they just use subtitles ?

But I loved MIKAs watches haha great !

But Mika was absolute adorable :mf_lustslow::wub2:

They seldom use subtitles in German TV, everything is dubbed and the translators they have in live shows are always just awful.

But actually there was no new information in it, everything was said before...

If I had to answer the same questions over and over again that often I would just freak out, it must be so annoying... but Mika copes with that quite well.

Even as the presenter asked him how it feels to be an icon for the gay community (and I just was like: :annoyed_h4h: ) and he didn't understand it properly at first he kept cool and said it was just fine and no problem at all.

I hate dubbing too! no offense but German people always show with pride how well they speak English... if it was really the case they would not need translations or at least subtitles would do

I hate dubbing too! no offense but German people always show with pride how well they speak English... if it was really the case they would not need translations or at least subtitles would do

I know *ashamed*

but we can not really state that the presenter's English was that good....:roftl:

not to mention that the translator failed miserably...

Good to see that it is on YouTube already! :thumb_yello:

Today I got the dvd my dad recorded for me, but it doesn't work on any computer in this house... So unfortunately I wasn't able to convert it into an internet video. But OK, I have the interview and the performance on dvd so I can watch it on tv if I want to. :biggrin2:

haven't understood a word, but i've enjoyed the video, THANX!!

btw, have you noticed that when mika performs Grace Kelly, his band is not at the right place? Cherisse at the bass, Martin at the piano, Luke at the guitar, Michael at the drums..so funny!!:wink2: