Please stop the bullying

racha

I'm afraid stuff like that happens on all forums. It's actually less bad here than it is in most places (at least in my experience). It does happen here, unfortunately, but it's not default behavior. (It'd be better of course, if it wouldn't happen at all, but I'm afraid that's a difficult goal to achieve.)

Yeah, I see :thumbdown: But it's the same cliquey people. :sad:

I have another point to add:

I don't see why OhhLookie! Was ridiculed like that. She has 8 posts, I read them all : She has good points, her points make sense, she obviously has knowledge on the music industry, but where did the troll business come from? Namecalling is bullying :roftl::roftl: I just don't understand why ... :sad: I'll just keep out :naughty:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why OhhLookie! Was ridiculed like that. She has 8 posts, I read them all : She has good points, her points make sense, she obviously has knowledge on the music industry, but where did the troll business come from? Namecalling is bullying :roftl::roftl: I just don't understand why ... :sad: I'll just keep out :naughty:

Yeah, I don't really get that either. But then again, I used to be on this message board that claimed to be official and then turned out to be complete hoax, made up of posers and, what I guess are called 'trolls'. That sucked, but I can't say if affected me much. If someone's a poser, that's obviously wrong, but not only do I need more evidence than my gut feeling, I also don't really care. But that's just me. I can see why it bothers people, although I'm still not sure this user was troll.

Exactly my point as well! Eight posts are simply not enough to make people suspicious. So we are either talking about paranoid people or everybody "knows" something we don't know (whatever that might be then :sneaky2:). There was no right to call her names or anything like that (IMO).

Yeah, I don't really get that either. But then again, I used to be on this message board that claimed to be official and then turned out to be complete hoax, made up of posers and, what I guess are called 'trolls'. That sucked, but I can't say if affected me much. If someone's a poser, that's obviously wrong, but not only do I need more evidence than my gut feeling, I also don't really care. But that's just me. I can see why it bothers people, although I'm still not sure this user was troll.

:sad: Oh my god really? I know that wouldn't affect anyone unless there were donators to that site, but...it's just horrible what people do these days..

Exactly my point as well! Eight posts are simply not enough to make people suspicious. So we are either talking about paranoid people or everybody "knows" something we don't know (whatever that might be then :sneaky2:). There was no right to call her names or anything like that (IMO).

I don't know where the accusations came from either, by reading her posts. I know, disagreeing with someone might hurt someone's feelings, but should be at least acknowledged. And I'm proud that some of the MFCers involved did that. But where this troll thing came from baffles me. I want to know too, guys!!! LOL!!!

:sad: Oh my god really? I know that wouldn't affect anyone unless there were donators to that site, but...it's just horrible what people do these days..

Yay, it was kinda weird. I hadn't been there in a while and then the forum was just suddenly gone. It's back now, but it's not as much fun as it used to be cause most people I talked to didn't come back. I still have them on msn and myspace though. ^^

Message boards might cause some negative feelings, but mostly they're a great place to make friends. :biggrin2:

Yay, it was kinda weird. I hadn't been there in a while and then the forum was just suddenly gone. It's back now, but it's not as much fun as it used to be cause most people I talked to didn't come back. I still have them on msn and myspace though. ^^

Message boards might cause some negative feelings, but mostly they're a great place to make friends. :biggrin2:

I'm not too keen on internet people after what happened at my school :naughty: Now, I only have 3 people I'm really friends with because...well, you can never tell with interweb.

I'm not too keen on internet people after what happened at my school :naughty: Now, I only have 3 people I'm really friends with because...well, you can never tell with interweb.

If you've got bad experiences with people on the internet, I completely understand that you don't trust anyone.

I'm pretty paranoid, so I'll never tell people to much about myself, or get to attached to them, but I did manage to maintain some friendships over the internet. But you're absolutely right, you never know. It's good to be careful. ^^

If you've got bad experiences with people on the internet, I completely understand that you don't trust anyone.

I'm pretty paranoid, so I'll never tell people to much about myself, or get to attachd to them, but I did manage to maintain some friendships over the internet. But you're absolutely right, you never know. It's good to be careful. ^^

Yeah it scares me at the thought of what fonies might be on here or anywhere else. *shivvers* but I'm pretty careful so..

I'm pretty paranoid, so I'll never tell people to much about myself, or get to attached to them, but I did manage to maintain some friendships over the internet. But you're absolutely right, you never know. It's good to be careful. ^^

I don't understand all this anymore. How do you detect a "troll"? (Why troll?)

I don't think that I posted family pictures and everything that backed up a proper and realistic life story in my first 10 posts so why do they want to know if someone (in this case (OL) is a troll???

Yeah it scares me at the thought of what fonies might be on here or anywhere else. *shivvers* but I'm pretty careful so..

Yeah... Internet can be quite scary.

I don't understand all this anymore. How do you detect a "troll"? (Why troll?)

I don't think that I posted family pictures and everything that backed up a proper and realistic life story in my first 10 posts so why do they want to know if someone (in this case (OL) is a troll???

I don't really know, but she said something in her first post that made it seem she implied she knew something about Mika that we didn't. I have to admit though, that I didn't think anything of it. So I'm probably not the right person to answer this question. :wink2:

...but where did the troll business come from?

A troll is someone who shows up on a message board, with no tangible prior history in the community, and makes posts than can be considered offensive - generally with the intent of causing a stir among established members.

OhhLookie came out of nowhere and told me that I would "regret" criticizing Mika's web strategy. Not knowing who this person is or what his/her story is, I initially had no background with which to interpret that comment.

Perhaps he/she meant that I'd regret saying that when Mika unveils a new, amazing site; but perhaps he/she meant that I'd regret it because he/she was in the habit of, I don't know, emailing viruses to people who criticize Mika. Or that I'd regret it because Mika would have me banned for speaking my mind. How was I to know? I didn't have any prior knowledge of this person, apart from one cryptic first post over a year ago.

And like I said, I appreciate that he/she explained what he/she meant, and that it wasn't meant to be a threat. But the reasons above are why I called him/her a troll, based on that first post in the Luke thread.

I agree completely bre!

You've developed and you're a lovely person to be around. And the age thing

OH MY GOD!

We get descriminated against for being an age we really can't help. It hurts badly. Before I showed my age, I was treated of value, then i tell people my age and they treat me like I'm four. Who's acting like the young one now?

:lmao: thanks?

I really have caused a stir then!! :shocked: :shocked:

I just want to clarify and say a few things. I really didn't mean all this to happen and I want to apologise for any part I may have inadvertently played in this situation. I also appreciate the PM's which has brought me back to here...

I do find it hilarious regarding my "identity"! When I join a forum I never add any details (since we are always warned about identity theft etc) and just ignored all the gaps to fill... including (to my detriment) the section on "gender"! Well I've fixed that! :naughty:

Sometimes I wish I was male! And played bass and was called "Mikey"! (poor guy's gonna get booed and wont know why!! :boxed:). Funny reading back I may have come to the same conclusion! To add I also posted when saranayde was "attacked" and someone thought I was her as well I believe! :wink2::roftl:

So I havent introduced myself right?

Ok my name IS Jennie! (I don't do surnames on the internet btw!) I AM a mom of 2. I did breast feed! I'm not on forums alot but enjoy reading posts but have even less time to post... but kids on holiday with ex right now! I LOVE Mika's music and been to 1 performance... yes with the kids!! Oh yes... part time researcher on a well known media magazine specializing in music... I'm also too old to be offended... for too long! :naughty:

Apologies if I dont post too often but trying to lead by example and not spend too much free time on the internet!

Time for bed!

OL

PS "OhhLookie" is a catchphrase by Frankie Howerd!!!

I really have caused a stir then!! :shocked: :

I just want to clarify and say a few things. I really didn't mean all this to happen and I want to apologise for any part I may have inadvertently played in this situation. I also appreciate the PM's which has brought me back to here...

I do find it hilarious regarding my "identity"! When I join a forum I never add any details (since we are always warned about identity theft etc) and just ignored all the gaps to fill... including (to my detriment) the section on "gender"! Well I've fixed that!

Sometimes I wish I was male! And played bass and was called "Mikey"! (poor guy's gonna get booed and wont know why!! :boxed:). Funny reading back I may have come to the same conclusion! To add I also posted when saranayde was "attacked" and someone thought I was her as well I believe! :wink2::roftl:

Ok my name IS Jennie! (I don't do surnames on the internet btw!) I AM a mom of 2. I did breast feed! I'm not on forums alot but enjoy reading posts but have even less time to post... but kids on holiday with ex right now! I LOVE Mika's music and been to 1 performance... yes with the kids!! Oh yes... part time researcher on a well known media magazine specializing in music... I'm also too old to be offended... for too long! :naughty:

Apologies if I dont post too often but trying to lead by example and not spend too much free time on the internet!

Time for bed!

OL

Well, welcome Jennie! And good to know you gave your kids the best start in life. :thumb_yello:

Hope to see you more often, especially if you have tales to tell from your magazine or researching :wink2:

Well, welcome Jennie! And good to know you gave your kids the best start in life. :thumb_yello:

Hope to see you more often, especially if you have tales to tell from your magazine or researching :wink2:

Tales :lmfao::thumb_yello:

Sorry. :blink:

:lmfao:

I do find it hilarious regarding my "identity"! When I join a forum I never add any details (since we are always warned about identity theft etc) and just ignored all the gaps to fill... including (to my detriment) the section on "gender"! Well I've fixed that! :naughty:

Sometimes I wish I was male! And played bass and was called "Mikey"! (poor guy's gonna get booed and wont know why!! :boxed:). Funny reading back I may have come to the same conclusion! To add I also posted when saranayde was "attacked" and someone thought I was her as well I believe! :

Ok my name IS Jennie! (I don't do surnames on the internet btw!) I AM a mom of 2. I did breast feed! I'm not on forums alot but enjoy reading posts but have even less time to post... but kids on holiday with ex right now! I LOVE Mika's music and been to 1 performance... yes with the kids!! Oh yes... part time researcher on a well known media magazine specializing in music... I'm also too old to be offended... for too long!

so you did breast feed!!:roftl:

:yay:

:welcomeani:

I do find it hilarious regarding my "identity"! When I join a forum I never add any details (since we are always warned about identity theft etc) and just ignored all the gaps to fill... including (to my detriment) the section on "gender"! Well I've fixed that!

Time for bed!

OL

:blush-anim-cl:

It's great to see you here, I hope you participate more and become a part of our big fam damnly because in a matter of speaking that's a bit of what we are right? We come here to seek refuge from our day, and find people that won't criticize us or the infamous "MIKA'S GAY!!!!!" line we've all heard so many times. Well, that's why I come here. To escape the horrors of reality and to have people appreciate MY view on things. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay at the hotel Fanclub, LOL!

Thank you for this thread Racha!!!

It where my thoughts too of what happend the last copple of day's.

I don't post here a lot but I'm reading the forum alot and I felt realy sad because of some things been said over here.

So again ... thank you:thumb_yello:

I might add that of course "we" (or should I only speak for myself and say I?) am interested in the circumstances surrounding this.

Why?

Because I believe it to possibly be unfair.

Because I believe that people need to be treated with some respect.

Because I had an "idea" of what Mika's character may have been like, and now I am finding that this situation is making me re-think that.

You will say what difference does it make what you think of Mika's character? And I say it makes all the difference. One of the reasons why I have been such an "intense" Mika fan was indeed the person that I believed that was behind the MIKA guy, the sweet, sensitive guy.

If something happens that threatens that image, I will of course be interested to know what it is, and the details of it.

Luke (as the rest of the band exceptn Saranayde) has been with Mika for a very long time, Mika himself has made them all a big integral part of the show, and I think that this makes anyone who has followed him automatically interested in what happens with them. Especially the ones that are liked, as they have always been nice to the fans.

Sara, I've quoted you out of context (ie not in the correct thread) because I feel my reply has more to do with this thread than the other one. And this is not personally directed at you, I'm using what you said as an illustration.

What I've highlighted above is the section about believing that people need to be treated with some respect.

My question then is: Do we believe that ALL people deserve respect (like we believe Luke needed to be treated with respect) or is that reserved only for those people who we like or who we think are decent people?

What about when someone is rude or aggressive to us? Do they still deserve respect then, even if they haven't shown any to us? Or is that the signal that it's also O.K. for us to put aside politeness or respect and retaliate in kind? Are there extenuating circumstances where the rules of common courtesy can be suspended if you so choose, because you feel that you were attacked or whatever?

I realise not everyone is perfect, not everyone is always in the best mood/frame of mind on here and that it's a place where a lot of us come to drop our guard a bit and have a muck around with some friends. I do it. I'm glad the Aussies are a reasonably tolerant bunch, cos my sense of humour sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I don't want people feeling like they are always stepping on eggshells here and can't be themselves.

So the questions I've asked above are not meant to preachy. They are meant to be serious. I seriously, honestly want to know what people think. Is this possibly devisive? Maybe. Maybe no-one will answer me. Maybe you'd prefer to pm me. I'll even clear out my box.

Curious to know people's opinions on this....