2008 - MIKA @ Festival de Nîmes-Arènes de Nîmes - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS

bubuciiis

Then... MIKA...

He had the same jacket as in paris during the opening.

Screwed up the lyrics of the cover

Didnt do rain but did GK in French and didnt do HJ but Champs Elysees.

In fact there was nothing very special about the gig itself lol. :wub2:

You guys haven been in so many shows that some gigs din't have any news to you, right? and I want to go to one show, even if it were just one ...... this world is really crazy place ......... :huh:

anyway, thanks for the reports so far, can't wait for the pics :rolleyes:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in the convo with Sara, I get on great with her.

Kath spoke to Andy and he told her the dvd of Parc De Prince will be out in September, so as some of you already know, that's when I'll be going to live in a cave:roftl::roftl::roftl:.

You are my hero. :mf_rosetinted:

(Along with Scaredy Squirrel...see sig. ....Hey!!! I have an idea for your new costume!)

Kath spoke to Andy and he told her the dvd of Parc De Prince will be out in September, so as some of you already know, that's when I'll be going to live in a cave:roftl::roftl::roftl:.

Rose... that's the best post I've read in ages... Wootlies... September then... :punk:

Didn't know it would be out that quick... :thumb_yello:

*Does happy little dance*

:bleh:

that's exciting!!!!!!

september is only one month (and a few days) away:woot_jump:

After gig...

We went to the artists entrance to realize a huge crowd was already there... 200 people at least. Unbelievable!

We were at the end lol. But Mika went to everyone.

He seemed really relaxed and happy.

The band was with him. We had a nice chat with David and Sara, quickest convos with the rest of them.

Even Yasmine came out amd signed the MFC flag lol.

that's great! you got to talk to mika and the band even though there were so many people there!

thanks niki for finding the time to report so early!:wub2:

got some texts this morning...no more juicy news than the ones already posted. and everyone is getting ready to leave.

we need to be patient....:wink2:

the dvd in september? awwwwwwwww this is good, i so want to watch Paris show in good resolution, i loved that show on youtube.

There will come the part about how wonderful Sunshine is

*awaits with drool dripping on the right side of mouth*

yes I know,I was trying to blind you all with the visual :roftl:

Thanks, check out the new blog and find out how others have done the job already. :doh:

They should pull the keyboards to the very front and center edge of the stage next time, so everyone can see the light properly.

the dvd in september? awwwwwwwww this is good, i so want to watch Paris show in good resolution, i loved that show on youtube.

That is the thing. I'm also very anxious to see the dvd, as I'm finding that the filming of the Olympia show on the last dvd didn't really meet my expectations. The whole filming and editing of that show seemed a bit soulless and sterile to me. Somehow I don't really think they got the vibe across there. Wonder what it will be like with the PDP thing.

No pictures or videos yet? :crybaby:

Kath spoke to Andy and he told her the dvd of Parc De Prince will be out in September.

Yay!

That is the thing. I'm also very anxious to see the dvd, as I'm finding that the filming of the Olympia show on the last dvd didn't really meet my expectations. The whole filming and editing of that show seemed a bit soulless and sterile to me. Somehow I don't really think they got the vibe across there. Wonder what it will be like with the PDP thing.

I agree. I've only watched it ... twice, and I think I zoned out the second time. I'd choose HQ videos taken from the front row anyday.

*runs off to look for any pictures/videos*

Thanks, check out the new blog and find out how others have done the job already. :doh:

They should pull the keyboards to the very front and center edge of the stage next time, so everyone can see the light properly.

totally agreed.

come on...the olympia dvd was painful to watch....

this time i hope they hired a proper FILM director, not a video clip one.

the show WAS amazing....i hope we will not turn our neck as mad again trying to keep up with images running after music rhythm...Paris needs a WHOLE inclusive visual of the stage to let us enjoy it at full.

cross fingers.

totally agreed.

come on...the olympia dvd was painful to watch....

this time i hope they hired a proper FILM director, not a video clip one.

the show WAS amazing....i hope we will not turn our neck as mad again trying to keep up with images running after music rhythm...Paris needs a WHOLE inclusive visual of the stage to let us enjoy it at full.

cross fingers.

Same.Way too impersonal, it was beginning to be too much for me after Relax ...Was quite disappointing especially as the Olympia show was fantastic from what I heard. :boxed:

There were a few cameramen from where I was,(in front of the catwalk) but not always...

I guess we'll find out in september if it's better...

best day of my life !!!!

at the start I was like :shocked: is that reaallly Mika ??!

I promise you. The best day of my whole 13 years 7 months of my existence.

Are you going to write a proper report? :naughty:

I want details!:naughty:

thanks niki for finding the time to report so early!:wub2:

got some texts this morning...no more juicy news than the ones already posted. and everyone is getting ready to leave.

we need to be patient....:wink2:

september?I saw on mikamusic.it the dvd is coming up maybe in december,for xstmas:blink:

Right.

I'll tell you what happened to me.

First of all everyone set off super early and we set off at 4:30 so I thoght we were gonna be right at the back. But we weren't actually. Bloody lucky if ya ask me ...

Anyway.

When we were all waiting for someone to arrive the croud did like wave things so it set off on one side and finished on the other and it was proper wicked. Then these guys arrived. It was this band callled something and there was three or ... no ... four I think, yeah four people in it. The singer who looked very much like Orlando Bloom in my opinion sang in english but you couldn't really get what he was saying cause the drums were so loud. Anyway. They were pretty good. After that all the croud was going MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA etc etc etc but then these bald huys (I told they were all bald Carlota :naughty:) came and moved everything around. On the keyboard thing there was a sign that said YELLE so she was up next. So we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited for her to come. People were gettin desperate for Mika now including me :naughty: so the croud had to entertain itself again. There was this guy right at the top of the arena thingie in fluorescent and he kept on doing things and telling the croud to do it too so we did. Obviously. Anyway. After a bit, these guys came on, and they had tops on that said OH YELLE so we all turned towards them and they started playing. Then this girl came bouncing on jumpng up and down again and again. And she sang, but bounced more. Her turn was reeeeallly long and people got dead bored. Her drummer guy asked if the croud was bored and loads of people went YEEEES ! when they were sppose to say no. Was really funny. Anyway. She bounced and sang for a long time and people were getting reeeally desperate and while she was singing the croud starts booing her and going MIKA MIKA MIKA again. Poor her. She was really pretty aswell but we wanted Mika.

So after a long time, she left and we waited again while they turned and moved everything around. Then Mika arrived ...

he was like right there ! him ! not a picture ! hiiim ! okay, I'll stop myself from fantasising on him again lol. But he was amazing. He had that top tghing on, the one that must of cost so much, the greyie one.

So basically he sang all of his songs (not rain :tears:) and he sang Grace Kelly in french and did the Champs Elysees. And he was aving SO much fun. You could just tell.

So at the end. We all went rushing off and asked the guards where he was.

We went to the place and then there was these people selling posters so I got threee :D. Anyway. We waited quite long for Meeks to arrive. And all of the guards were going ' NO PHOTOS OR HE'LL STOP EVERYTHING ! HE SAID NO PHOTOS ! NO PHOTOS !' and we were all like, ' has anyone got a pen ??1' cause no one had thought of bringing a pen that worked near where I was lol.

After a bit Mika came out with all his band and he signed stuff and ...

I TALKED TO MIKA !!!

I talked to hiiiim !

and his eyes ... his eyes ... he is such an angel ...:wub2: