REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ PALEO Festival Nyon, Switzerland

Blue Sky

ok, sorry for the order of facts and if I repeat smt robertina said. :blush-anim-cl:

slept 2 hrs and smt last night and I'm going on adrenalin.

robertina, allegra and mirtilla, it was bloody brilliant to see you again (even if for a short time, a. and m..). same goes for fanny.

axie, I loved chatting with you again.

relaxgirl, you are a sweet girl and it's just too bad you could not watch the gig with us and come backstage: I am so sorry about this.. :boxed:

i arrived about 5pm at hotel and headed to festival, where I met up with axie and fanny. relaxgirl arrived immediately after and robertina after a while.

we were front row, temp was great, it was sunny and very relaxed. we were already beaming over how good this festival was when 1st act came on stage: not really my cup of tea, but theyw ere so funny and friendly to audience, the act was ok to watch. (I am from barcelona).

THEN it came the nigthmare: the moment I saw the stage set I knew we were in trouble. flashy cross and 3 metres high loudspeakers..

lots of youngesters many of whom didn't even have the alibi of being drunk,just careless andstupid, stormed further. with seriously bad pushing.

MANY were taken out by security for panic, injuries or fainting. if we were not front row, I'd have been scared at times.

we hoped they may be gone with justice act, but hard luck, they used that alibi to sneak front row and kept pushing all throughout mika.

you should see my legs. looks like I have been into a fight rather than to a gig.. :boxed: luckyly it's only bruises and one's not always so lucky. thumbs VERY down for security. we told them many times but they could care less. it's normal, they said.. :thumbdown:

end of part 1

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, sorry for the order of facts and if I repeat smt robertina said. :blush-anim-cl:

slept 2 hrs and smt last night and I'm going on adrenalin.

robertina, allegra and mirtilla, it was bloody brilliant to see you again (even if for a short time, a. and m..). same goes for fanny.

axie, I loved chatting with you again.

relaxgirl, you are a sweet girl and it's just too bad you could not watch the gig with us and come backstage: I am so sorry about this.. :boxed:

i arrived about 5pm at hotel and headed to festival, where I met up with axie and fanny. relaxgirl arrived immediately after and robertina after a while.

we were front row, temp was great, it was sunny and very relaxed. we were already beaming over how good this festival was when 1st act came on stage: not really my cup of tea, but theyw ere so funny and friendly to audience, the act was ok to watch. (I am from barcelona).

THEN it came the nigthmare: the moment I saw the stage set I knew we were in trouble. flashy cross and 3 metres high loudspeakers..

lots of youngesters many of whom didn't even have the alibi of being drunk,just careless andstupid, stormed further. with seriously bad pushing.

MANY were taken out by security for panic, injuries or fainting. if we were not front row, I'd have been scared at times.

we hoped they may be gone with justice act, but hard luck, they used that alibi to sneak front row and kept pushing all throughout mika.

you should see my legs. looks like I have been into a fight rather than to a gig.. :boxed: luckyly it's only bruises and one's not always so lucky. thumbs VERY down for security. we told them many times but they could care less. it's normal, they said.. :thumbdown:

end of part 1

Holy Cow!! Glad you were in the first row though. That's awesome. And we thought The House of Blues in Chicago was bad. Oh my!

I was afraid mika may rush on this gig, save his voice for his rightly beloved gigs in middle east, but he was pretty energetic and his voice was VERY good. arras is still the top of the pops for me yet, but paleo was very very good.

me and fanny were front row, robertina was supposed to be 2nd but was in fact very covered up. mika spotted us rigth from the start and ehm.. there was some frequent eye contact and a few smiles in my direction all throughout the gig.. :blush-anim-cl: my hair is bright, you see.. :naughty:

audience grew enthusiastic (even if they didn't appreciate the gk encore in french.. :thumbdown:).

sitm version was the best probably I have heard so far, or the 2nd best: i loove how he made this song one of the people's fave and it's versions develope and variate ever since he's started.. brilliant. :wub2:

set list. gk ( and also in french), holy johnny, BG, BB, HE, AOW, sitm, MY, LT, Relax (twice), i just can't get enough, ring ring: o.c. not in this order..

end of part 2

Hahahaha, thank you! Maybe I should become a travel agent myself?:roftl:

Hi Babs!! :huglove:

Missed Rain and MI in Madrid... :sad:

And HJ. I thought for a moment you were telling me I missed rain in Madrid. I was going to come back. You know how I love the sun - not. :wink2:

I was afraid mika may rush on this gig, save his voice for his rightly beloved gigs in middle east, but he was pretty energetic and his voice was VERY good. arras is still the top of the pops for me yet, but paleo was very very good.

me and fanny were front row, robertina was supposed to be 2nd but was in fact very covered up. mika spotted us rigth from the start and ehm.. there was some frequent eye contact and a few smiles in my direction all throughout the gig.. :blush-anim-cl: my hair is bright, you see.. :naughty:

audience grew enthusiastic (even if they didn't appreciate the gk encore in french.. :thumbdown:).

sitm version was the best probably I have heard so far, or the 2nd best: i loove how he made this song one of the people's fave and it's versions develope and variate ever since he's started.. brilliant. :wub2:

set list. gk ( and also in french), holy johnny, BG, BB, HE, AOW, sitm, MY, LT, Relax (twice), i just can't get enough, ring ring: o.c. not in this order..

end of part 2

THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!

end of part 2

Ooh I wonder why :blink: french is Switzerland's first language, right?

end of part 2

That is brilliant, he loves seeing familiar faces. :):thumb_yello:

Thanks so much for calling me yesterday during Happy Ending, very much appriciated. :huglove:

end of part 2

So coool! I hope that someday I can get to the point where he recognizes me. But, judging by how often he comes to the U.S...that's unlikely.:naughty:

Congrats!:clap:

I'd have loved to hear rain , but I didn't expect it in a festival... :boxed:

ok, the aftre gig part.. :das: we rushed to the back entrance, and rush is a big word cause it was like a mile away or so.. :blink: serious. once in we realised it was in fact backstage for the main stage but there was a kinda ring all around the festival area, with vip access only.. well done, so they could have lots of space to stay, in fact all throughout the day we saw no one.

once there, we found like 5 or 6 people. no one we knew. john came briefly after and shaook my hand. I stared at him and j/k said : "oh, now I want a kiss. you got me used to that in paris .." he bursted out laughing, really spontaneously, and smacked a couple of big kisses on my cheeks: hilarious. then he proceeded to do the same with the other 4 girls and introduced himself to them.. :roftl: LMAO

then we chatted a bit about the gig and how bad the pushing was. he asked me to stand there cause mika'd come, it'd take a while buit he'd come. john didn't know I was taking the album, nor john or mika, and they didn't know what we were doing on: just that we give him a gift. surprise.

so I told john if mika couldn't stop, I could give him the album to give to mika, that was allright, but he said no, mika would come for sure and i should give him directly cause he'd stop when he'd see me.

aftre a sec. a guy sent from john called for fanny and me and 2 others in, backstage, so I shouted at robertina to come, who was trying to trace a lost allegra :boxed: and mirtilla and then we went in. somehow the others sneaked in too, but they were polite and well behaved. the irritating thing is allegra and mirtilla were not in, butwe made a pint to tell mika to stop at them outside.

end of part 3

Thanks Avoca! :wub2:

Are you sure you're OK? *worries*

...there are times when i do not understand people...

if you ask me if I am more mad thant he usual, yes, i probably am at the moment.. :fisch:

I'd have loved to hear rain , but I didn't expect it in a festival... :boxed:

ok, the aftre gig part.. :das: we rushed to the back entrance, and rush is a big word cause it was like a mile away or so.. :blink: serious. once in we realised it was in fact backstage for the main stage but there was a kinda ring all around the festival area, with vip access only.. well done, so they could have lots of space to stay, in fact all throughout the day we saw no one.

once there, we found like 5 or 6 people. no one we knew. john came briefly after and shaook my hand. I stared at him and j/k said : "oh, now I want a kiss. you got me used to that in paris .." he bursted out laughing, really spontaneously, and smacked a couple of big kisses on my cheeks: hilarious. then he proceeded to do the same with the other 4 girls and introduced himself to them.. :roftl: LMAO

then we chatted a bit about the gig and how bad the pushing was. he asked me to stand there cause mika'd come, it'd take a while buit he'd come. john didn't know I was taking the album, nor john or mika, and they didn't know what we were doing on: just that we give him a gift. surprise.

so I told john if mika couldn't stop, I could give him the album to give to mika, that was allright, but he said no, mika would come for sure and i should give him directly cause he'd stop when he'd see me.

aftre a sec. a guy sent from john called for fanny and me and 2 others in, backstage, so I shouted at robertina to come, who was trying to trace a lost allegra :boxed: and mirtilla and then we went in. somehow the others sneaked in too, but they were polite and well behaved. the irritating thing is allegra and mirtilla were not in, butwe made a pint to tell mika to stop at them outside.

end of part 3

OH WOW, THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!:wub2::wub2:

Wow! Just caught up on 23 pages.

Robi and Avoca, it's sounds like you had an awesome time, and I'm getting excited waiting for the next part of Avocas report:boing:.

Hahahaha, thank you! Maybe I should become a travel agent myself?

I'm returning to that travel agency idea :)

Why not?!!

The idea about cheap flight tickets for Beirut and Amman sounds extremely nice for everybody here, i guess :roftl:

Just read Jordan gig thread. No mfcers will be present :sad:.

I thought that we should establish a MFC Foundation or something for cases like the Jordan gig.

Find MFC people who live close enough and want to go but can't because of financies and fund them with tickets and send them to be present as honourable MFC ambassadors :punk:

Preferred are people who live close to the country we gonna send them as then we could get more acceptable price :naughty:

I'm returning to that travel agency idea :)

Why not?!!

The idea about cheap flight tickets for Beirut and Amman sounds extremely nice for everybody here, i guess :roftl:

Just read Jordan gig thread. No mfcers will be present :sad:.

I thought that we should establish a MFC Foundation or something for cases like the Jordan gig.

Find MFC people who live close enough and want to go but can't because of financies and fund them with tickets and send them to be present as honourable MFC ambassadors :punk:

Preferred are people who live close to the country we gonna send them as then we could get more acceptable price :naughty:

As Mandilamb just posted over there, it would be great if we got lots of new members from people who go tomorrow night and come looking. Was I imagining it or did BS post that Andy is taking the flag there?

Must ask her later.

As Mandilamb just posted over there, it would be great if we got lots of new members from people who go tomorrow night and come looking. Was I imagining it or did BS post that Andy is taking the flag there?

Must ask her later.

does andy have the flag now? :blink: why?