REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Uh, yeah, people generally wear a BIT more than what she's got on around here :naughty:

Awesome!

Can not wait for your videos :mf_lustslow:

When he says he knew we'd bashed the jacket, does he mean he read the thread, or he just heard about it?

Euuuhh, golden shoes. Ooh, the speaker-thingy has pictures on it!

Love your pictures, this one's my favourite!

Did he introduce his band members at all?

Did anyone film the burlesque dancer?

The Icecream man posted a LOT of pictures of her on his flickr if you want to perve (he certainly did) :thumb_yello::naughty:

Wow she's pretty :naughty:

NOW i seeeeeeeeeeee :roftl:

Ok, quick post as i havent even read the thread and am absolutely knackered.

I have no words to describe today. Gig was absolutely incredible,he was on fire, and you could see the elation on his face as well as how charged he was.

He was very chatty and spontaneous, totally connected with us, gave us tons of eye contact, and was just amazing. The new songs were fantastic, absolutely so. I am so fangurlish righ now,lol

Personally i loved that he had dressed down (jeans and tshirt) and he looked just stunning. Even the hair looked natural and lovely.

The new material left me speechless. I took the whole thing on vid including the meeting afterwards , where he says that we're so picky with his clothes as i commented on this hair being nicer than the overcurled style. He brought up the ica gala jacket saying that he knew we'd bashed it.

Meeting the old and new MFC friends was once again amazing, and i cant express how excited i am for the new tour. He's SO back!! Love him :original:

thanks Sara!! short but concise and pregnant report!! Love it! :wub2:

I have no words to describe today. Gig was absolutely incredible,he was on fire, and you could see the elation on his face as well as how charged he was.

He was very chatty and spontaneous, totally connected with us, gave us tons of eye contact, and was just amazing. The new songs were fantastic, absolutely so. I am so fangurlish righ now,lol

Personally i loved that he had dressed down (jeans and tshirt) and he looked just stunning. Even the hair looked natural and lovely.

The new material left me speechless. I took the whole thing on vid including the meeting afterwards , where he says that we're so picky with his clothes as i commented on this hair being nicer than the overcurled style. He brought up the ica gala jacket saying that he knew we'd bashed it.

Meeting the old and new MFC friends was once again amazing, and i cant express how excited i am for the new tour. He's SO back!! Love him :original:

Thanks for your report, I can't wait to hear more....insatiable for news is me!!

MIKAAcoustic112.jpg

Nice M&G pic!! At least it's not that ICA jacket!!

What she ended up in was posted earlier among the ice cream man photos anyways wasn't it? :naughty:

Or the old thread.. I sure I saw it in one :naughty:

Oh yeah, I managed to put a few of the not so wild ones up a few hours ago. On some other thread. In some other universe.

I cannot tell you how many things I was juggling at the same time to find stuff for us all today. I am knackered too, and I wasn't even there. I have sat here for most of the past 14 hours, with a wee break for a RL meeting and a kids class, but other than that, online. I am shaped like a chair now.

But a happy smiling chair.:wub2:

Thanks everyone who posted stuff here. It truly makes it special for those of us far away.

Is Cherisse the only one from the band who stayed?

Looks like it...

Well, I guess it's official that Martin's not going back to Meeks...

I'm a bit sad, but happy that Mika's doing something...

Oh, and did any of the concert goers think to ask what the new band members names are? I'd hate to have to refer to the guitarist as guitar boy...

And, am I the only one that doesn't compare Mika to the Wiggles? Since when has Mika been for kids? He was shadow humping furry costumes last year. And groping Cherisse in a mock orgy the year before.

Come on, seriously. Kids go to the circus, not a Mika gig. I'm sorry, but I just thought Mika's perverted nature was obvious.

wigglesayersrockmika.jpg

:fisch:

This is the reaction the shagging bunnies got on stage too .. maybe hes not so sweet and innocent <agree Kelzy>

Hehe.. the shagging bunnies...

Well if you look in the Lollipop video, there's shagging bunnies in it too... and Mika's songs aren't what I'd call g rated..

*agrees with Freddie*

Been saying for a long time he's a perv.

*points to photos of Mika checking out cleavage*

*tries to resist urge to post "the" pic*

*still resisting*

*fails*

100_1121.jpg

aw crap yeah. i heard my parents doing naked things once. *shudders* it was traumitising. i turned on my MP3.

*pats*

Lucky for me I rarely had a room next to my parents...

Geez, are we really that prudish on the MFC? Burlesque dancers are awesome. And so what if she was nearly naked? Why can't kids see a naked body, exactly? I'm pretty sure kids are aware that people are naked under their clothes. They might find a naked lady embarrassing, but not traumatizing. I mean, sure, it may not be the best choice of entertainment for kids, but I also agree with Kelzy that Mika has no responsibility to be a toddler-friendly act.

But again, what's the big deal with a little harmless nudity anyway? We haven't yet stopped taking kids to museums to look at nude statues, it should be pretty simple to explain the concept of nudity in art and performance.

I'm pretty surprised so many people above 12 here seemed unable to handle the sight.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was an LA-only thing, so the rest of us are unlikely to get a burlesque revue as an opening act. Sadly. Good burlesque can be hard to see live unless you are in LA!

--Jack

I wouldn't mind seeing a burlesque act here... don't like our chances though, I'd just be happy to get Meeks here!

And please, don't discuss the "Toy Boy" song to death.

I'm skipping over the lyrics discussion... not interested...

Reading through the Toy Boy discussion has been extremely interesting.

I just remembered that Mika said he was planning to get inspiration from other people's stories and mentioned he was going to visit an old folk's home. So if he did, did someone have a bizarre life story that intrigued him?

Hello there stranger!

I thought that the homeless people-part was what he had in mind for a musicvideo....I can be wrong ofcourse.

He did... when we first heard about Mika going to film the Happy Ending video there was mention about including footage of homeless people... I never quite understood the link between HE and homeless people *shrugs*

Welcome back to Europe!:wub2:

It seems like you all had an amazing experience!

So no regrets that you went then?:wink2:

Oh yeah, I managed to put a few of the not so wild ones up a few hours ago. On some other thread. In some other universe.

I cannot tell you how many things I was juggling at the same time to find stuff for us all today. I am knackered too, and I wasn't even there. I have sat here for most of the past 14 hours, with a wee break for a RL meeting and a kids class, but other than that, online. I am shaped like a chair now.

Thanks everyone who posted stuff here. It truly makes it special for those of us far away.

And I really want you to know that your work is highly appreciated!:wub2:

Wow you were really close to the stage my god!! you could touch him!! Didn't you want to try to jump on the stage? :naughty:

It was like being in the ocean... or a sea of people. :naughty:

Whenever he would come closer to the edge of the stage, I could feel all the people behind me pushing forward like the ebb and flow of the tide. I did fall forward onto the stage a few times. haha :punk:

Reading through the Toy Boy discussion has been extremely interesting.

I just remembered that Mika said he was planning to get inspiration from other people's stories and mentioned he was going to visit an old folk's home. So if he did, did someone have a bizarre life story that intrigued him?

MOUSELLE !!!! :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

GREAT to see you here !!!! :wub2::bye:

Something you wanna tell me??:blink:

All the beaches in Europe generally have topless ladiessss tis true

Not that Ive notcied

Ohhhh she started in that!!! mm yeh post we are all curious ahem .... :naughty:

:sneaky2: .... *taps chin* ... close ya mouth love there's a fly in the room :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

Thanks for your report, I can't wait to hear more....insatiable for news is me!!

Nice M&G pic!! At least it's not that ICA jacket!!

And I really want you to know that your work is highly appreciated!:wub2:

Much appreciated! :flowers2: