REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

only made it up to Nono's report...but YAY!!! I'm so excited! the new stuff sounds great! he looked so happy :wub2:

I'm so happy for all u MFCers who got to meet him afterwards too..yay!

I'm totally jealous about the icecream though :bleh: hehe i can do with oune now!

The only "bad" thing I have to say is about the dancer...wtf :boxed:

What a night though, really. Ask Charlotte. I was in a daze all the way home! So quiet.

GAH! Okay, let me upload all my pictures and stuff, and then I'll tell all...:bleh:

So happy YOU are so happy !!! :cheerful_h4h:

Oooh yes please !!! Tell all ... !! :clap:

Pictures/videas are taking a while...so...I'll just start writing my report.

Once again, I couldn't sleep the night of the gig. I'd been having a hard time sleeping since I found out about it really, so I was extra tired. Anyway, I got up around seven even though I didn't need to leave around ten thirty. I met up with Charlotte and we drove to the Roxy together. It took us forever because of the lovely trademark L.A. traffic, but we eventually made it.

We saw the others sitting in personalized lawn chairs (:roftl:) and immediately sat down with them. I can honestly say, that's some of the worst cold I've felt in L.A. in a while. I really think I'm sore this morning from shivering so much. And Mika actually sent John and Sheryl to get us some hot chocolate and donuts....Can you believe that???!!! I couldn't. Name ONE other celebrity who would do something like that for his fans! I sure can't. My GOODNESS! Mika is just the sweetest, most caring persono when it comes to his fans. Like Charlotte said as we were driving how, he is constantly bending over backwards for us And the goods didn't stop coming...Anyway, we were freezing! Sarah kept doing this weird....drumming on her legs thing and clapping her hands and stopping her feet to keep warm. :lol3: Poor thing. She came all the way from London thinking that L.A. was going to be all sunshine. Nuh huh.

We waited and waiiiited and waited and used the bathroom and shivered and waaaaited and used the bathroom and used the bathroom and waited and shivered for six hours. Well, at least Charlotte and I did. NONO HAD BEEN THERE SINCE NINE IN THE MORNING. WE GOT THERE AT ONE. And I felt sooo bad for her for feeling so sick! I really did. I didn't know what to do, and I hate feeling helpless. But she was fine at about eight fifteen or so (?) when da mastah came on.:wub2:

But FIRST! ...................The opening act...:boxed::blink::boxed:

I'm at work toooooo! Bummer..but I did get a chance to hear them this morning at 5am. I want so badly to start singing along and get all the lyrics (which is why I started 3 new lyric threads). :bleh:

ive already started singing toy boy around the house lol

It is sooooo awesome being here to discuss the new album though, right? :biggrin2:

Okay, so we should really finish off the lyrics, I'm just stuck on one line :mad3:

(So this is mostly lovempls' fabulous work) (You can hear the last verse best in Nono's video)

TOY BOY

I’m a wind-up toy in an up down world

If you leave me all alone, I’ll make a mess for sure

I’ve a heart of gold and the smartest styles

Leave me in the dark, you’ll never hear me cry

More than an illustration

Points of articulation

Come to life on a brass spring

Such a wonderful plaything

It’s a cruel cross that I have to bear

Come a little closer I’m going to pull your hair

More than just a toy in a patch-blue suit

Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you

But your mama thought there was something wrong

Didn’t want you sleeping with a boy too long

It’s a serious thing in a grown-up world

Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl

You were that I adored-ah

But you left me in Georgia

Toys are not sentimental

How could I be for rental?

She’s the meanest hag that has ever been

Pulled out my insides with an old safety pin

I’m the sorest sight, now I feel like trash

Clothes are made of rags and they don’t even match

So she dressed me up as the man she loved

Then threw me in a box when she had had enough

Now the light of day I no longer see

She stuck her voodoo pins where my eyes used to be

Accidentally tragic

Victim of her black magic

How’d a boy who’d so loved you

Now be so afraid of you?

On a long lost day when you’re grey and old

Would you be there remembering your old toy boy?

When your *something*

Tell them the story of a boy like me

OooooOOOooOoOOoooOOOO...

THANX EVERYONE FOR ALL THE POSTS: SO MUCH TO TAKE IN!

And . . . especially for finding these lyrics: MAY be my new FAV:

I've been praying MIKA would do a piece, or two, in his beautiful,

lower register--This song is astounding!

Listen-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkpmlhNtMA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca

Edited by A. Clay

Once again, I couldn't sleep the night of the gig. I'd been having a hard time sleeping since I found out about it really, so I was extra tired. Anyway, I got up around seven even though I didn't need to leave around ten thirty. I met up with Charlotte and we drove to the Roxy together. It took us forever because of the lovely trademark L.A. traffic, but we eventually made it.

We saw the others sitting in personalized lawn chairs (:roftl:) and immediately sat down with them. I can honestly say, that's some of the worst cold I've felt in L.A. in a while. I really think I'm sore this morning from shivering so much. And Mika actually sent John and Sheryl to get us some hot chocolate and donuts....Can you believe that???!!! I couldn't. Name ONE other celebrity who would do something like that for his fans! I sure can't. My GOODNESS! Mika is just the sweetest, most caring persono when it comes to his fans. Like Charlotte said as we were driving how, he is constantly bending over backwards for us And the goods didn't stop coming...Anyway, we were freezing! Sarah kept doing this weird....drumming on her legs thing and clapping her hands and stopping her feet to keep warm. :lol3: Poor thing. She came all the way from London thinking that L.A. was going to be all sunshine. Nuh huh.

We waited and waiiiited and waited and used the bathroom and shivered and waaaaited and used the bathroom and used the bathroom and waited and shivered for six hours. Well, at least Charlotte and I did. NONO HAD BEEN THERE SINCE NINE IN THE MORNING. WE GOT THERE AT ONE. And I felt sooo bad for her for feeling so sick! I really did. I didn't know what to do, and I hate feeling helpless. But she was fine at about eight fifteen or so (?) when da mastah came on.:wub2:

But FIRST! ...................The opening act...:boxed::blink::boxed:

Oh gosh bless Nono for waiting so long! She deserves an award.............the MAD award lmao!!! Love you nono....:huglove:

I've not wanted to say my opinion, but can't hold back. As a mom, it's not that I know my kids won't/haven't seen the same at the pool (BUT) If a show is advertised for ALL AGES, then it needs to BE! YES, we know Mikas music. And, Not surprised at the Burlesque....(BUT) the point that is the problem I think, again, is that it was advertised for ALL ages. Saying that, my kids LOVE his music (6,8,11) and I still may take them if he comes here. (I'LL JUST COVER THEIR EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

:mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkpmlhNtMA

'We're going on tour acoustically, and we've come to LA, of course, we're going all over the world, :devil:pretty much:devil:, and I wanted write some songs that BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Don't worry Mika, I heard that little "pretty much" you slipped in there. Well, we wont accuse you of lying when you don't include us in your "touring all over the world" this time.

I just got on... Wow, I would have hijacked a laptop and stayed on all night if I knew it was going to get this crazy... well, I'm off to read all 40 pages

Welcome to the MFC :naughty:

We saw the others sitting in personalized lawn chairs and immediately sat down with them. I can honestly say, that's some of the worst cold I've felt in L.A. in a while. I really think I'm sore this morning from shivering so much. And Mika actually sent John and Sheryl to get us some hot chocolate and donuts....Can you believe that???!!! I couldn't. Name ONE other celebrity who would do something like that for his fans! I sure can't. My GOODNESS! Mika is just the sweetest, most caring persono when it comes to his fans. Like Charlotte said as we were driving how, he is constantly bending over backwards for us And the goods didn't stop coming...Anyway, we were freezing! Sarah kept doing this weird....drumming on her legs thing and clapping her hands and stopping her feet to keep warm. Poor thing. She came all the way from London thinking that L.A. was going to be all sunshine. Nuh huh.

We waited and waiiiited and waited and used the bathroom and shivered and waaaaited and used the bathroom and used the bathroom and waited and shivered for six hours. Well, at least Charlotte and I did. NONO HAD BEEN THERE SINCE NINE IN THE MORNING. WE GOT THERE AT ONE. And I felt sooo bad for her for feeling so sick! I really did. I didn't know what to do, and I hate feeling helpless. But she was fine at about eight fifteen or so (?) when da mastah came on.

But FIRST! ...................The opening act...

!!! :wub2: I love detailed reports, keep going!

Wow! Just read back...took me almost an hour to catch up...but it was so worth it!! :wub2:

I love all of the new songs....toy boy even a bit more than the other three...

But I now know that the second album is gonna be amazing as well...can't wait!

And I can't wait either to maybe see Mika live again...yesterday's gig must have been so incredible. I am so happy and thankful that the lovely MFCers who have been there are sharing all of their experiences, pix and vids with us. Feels like I was there as well! THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to everyone for the pics and for the videos! :flowers2:

New songs are really good and I think that to listen to them on live it's really amazing. I was moved when I was listening to them!

Anyway... I'm really happy for the MFCers who were there and I'm happy for their meet & greet too! :wub2:

DO WE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BAND?

Is it a new set up or just hired on a temporary basis???

probably temporary as it's just an acoustic tour and the other band members (apart from Cherisse, who's been used for the album) I guess haven't had time to practice?

I've not wanted to say my opinion, but can't hold back. As a mom, it's not that I know my kids won't/haven't seen the same at the pool (BUT) If a show is advertised for ALL AGES, then it needs to BE! YES, we know Mikas music. And, Not surprised at the Burlesque....(BUT) the point that is the problem I think, again, is that it was advertised for ALL ages. Saying that, my kids LOVE his music (6,8,11) and I still may take them if he comes here. (I'LL JUST COVER THEIR EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't think the burlesque dancers will be following him on tour, like Kata pointed out, it might be a bit hard to find them in places outside LA.

But All Ages doesn't mean "appropriate for kids". 'All Ages' has absolutley nothing to do with content in the music industry, and it just means there's no alcohol served, so people 16ish-21 (or 18) can attend. Mika never claimed to be children-friendly, his lyrics have always had dirty undertones, his shows have previously had progressively more dirty scenes, and I'm not at all surprised he chose a burlesque girl as his opener.

Edited by Oakie Doke