REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

SO...the lights and music changed, and everyone starts screaming! First thought in my head: Mika's coming on!

:woot_jump:

I immediately felt charged and energized again. Ten seconds before I was sitting on the stage feeling deflated and exhausted. The curtains came up, and there were two women standing on a stage with a fake wooden bull covered in felt or something...And then one of the ladies started to dance. She took her cape off and handed it to the other woman standing in the corner. "Pretty outfit." I thought, thinking Mika was going to pop out of the butt any second or something. But no...the lady kept dancing. And dancing. And then she started taking off more and more of her clothes! The audience's reaction was a mix between shock, confusion, and amusement. By the end of the act, the stripper girl ended up laying on top of the bull with all of her clothes off except for a thong type thing and glittery stars covering her nipples.

And then the curtains closed.

:boxed:

People in the audience were like, "Do we have the right show...?" and things of that nature. It was just so extremely bizarre. I sat down on the stage again and just pondered about what happened. I noticed he played the Pet Shop Boys as the waiting music. I really like their stuff. And then the real show started.

The curtains rose, and Mika just came on out. I'll never get used to seeing that guy in person. He looked great in his white tee, white pants, and black hat (that some guy in the audience demanded from Mika later, but Mika couldn't find it. He was going to give it to him though!) He greeted us all and talked about how good it felt to come out of retirement. First song was Grace Kelly, of course. The Roxy was already bouncing with energy. Next was Big Girl, which was great. I think that was the first time he came over to my side of the stage which was cool. I love that feeling I get when he's approaching and then standing right above me! Of course, I was being smushed by the other people behind me, trying to reach out their hand for him to touch it. Urrrg...

He was very Mika and cute the whole time. Next came one of the new ones, Good Gone Girl. We'd heard Mika practicing this one while waiting in the queue and had come up with dances to go along with the "ooooo ooo oooo oo ooo ooooo ooo ooooooo's" but, that all went out the window once we actually saw him perform it. :naughty: It sounds AWESOME! All the new songs do, actually. As you all probably know by now. :naughty:

Billy Brown, he forgot quite a chunk of the song. I'm thinking it's probably because during the part, "He found an island off the coast of Mexico" a group of girls in the front screamed at the top of their lungs, obviously being from Mexico. I guess that threw him off a bit.:roftl:

And now, what I think is one of my favorites of the new songs: The Clapping Song. I think I was the first to scream when he started this one :blush-anim-cl:. It was stuck in my head all last night, and still this morning. Fantastic song! I don't know what else to say.

Stuck in the Middle was great too! I think that's the one where he knocked down the mic stand? He did the whole zoobaba baba doo baba thing with the audience, which was a lot of fun, as it always is.

And now for Toy Boy. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. It had that trademark humor, sadness, and magic that Mika tends to have in his songs. It was very cute and I love how it flowed. I love storylike songs. Once again, amazing.

Love Today!! I didn't even film that one, I just enjoyed it. I hope you guys don't mind. But that's my personal favorite! It felt really really good to hear that one live again. I could feet the bass and the drums pulsating through my pant legs. Crap, I love that song.

Last was Lollipop, which I knew from before hand was the finale to all his shows, but for some reason it didn't click for me last night. He started singing I Want You Back for some reason...and then stopped...and then started singing Lollipop. He even had the confetti cannons in that tiny venue. But when he walked off stage, I was king of like....oh really???? I was expecting more! But people kept cheering and he came back for an encore where he sang Blue Eyes, another really sweet song, and Grace Kelly. I like it! While waiting in line outside, we thought it was a cover by Paul Simon or something. I like the "What'sa matter matter?" Part. Haha. Very catchy. And last, he sang Grace Kelly again, because he said he wasn't going to sing it as much on tour, which Charlotte and I agreed was going to result in stones being thrown at him in the future.:naughty:

He went off stage. The venue was cleared. And we waited outside for instructions from Allison about the meet and greet.

SO...the lights and music changed, and everyone starts screaming! First thought in my head: Mika's coming on!

:woot_jump:

I immediately felt charged and energized again. Ten seconds before I was sitting on the stage feeling deflated and exhausted. The curtains came up, and there were two women standing on a stage with a fake wooden bull covered in felt or something...And then one of the ladies started to dance. She took her cape off and handed it to the other woman standing in the corner. "Pretty outfit." I thought, thinking Mika was going to pop out of the butt any second or something. But no...the lady kept dancing. And dancing. And then she started taking off more and more of her clothes! The audience's reaction was a mix between shock, confusion, and amusement. By the end of the act, the stripper girl ended up laying on top of the bull with all of her clothes off except for a thong type thing and glittery stars covering her nipples.

:boxed:

People in the audience were like, "Do we have the right show...?" and things of that nature. It was just so extremely bizarre. .

LMAO!!! :roftl:

Thank you for your wonderful report!

And now for Toy Boy. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. It had that trademark humor, sadness, and magic that Mika tends to have in his songs. It was very cute and I love how it flowed. I love storylike songs. Once again, amazing.

Thank you so much for your great and adorable report!

I love the details!:wub2:

I just had to quote this part you are so good at finding the right words for exactly what I feel about Toy Boy! Pure love from the first sight!:wub2:

No, I'm not tired. :mf_rosetinted:MFCavecMika.jpg

sry kinda late ^^but like this picture a lot you all loook very very very happy :D

hope the next time i'll go to a gig from mika i meet some people of the mfc :)) never met someone before -.-

i was so tired last night..... and now i need to go to school... Grrrr

I had soooo much fun the last 2 days! MY GOD!

Mika will NEVER dissapoint.... and ofcourse the mika team helped to make it an amazing time too.... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU

i think i have good videos of the new songs.... and i hope good pix.....i didnt even have time to look at them! ill try post some later :)

People in the audience were like, "Do we have the right show...?" and things of that nature. It was just so extremely bizarre. I sat down on the stage again and just pondered about what happened. I noticed he played the Pet Shop Boys as the waiting music. I really like their stuff. And then the real show started.

The curtains rose, and Mika just came on out. I'll never get used to seeing that guy in person. He looked great in his white tee, white pants, and black hat (that some guy in the audience demanded from Mika later, but Mika couldn't find it. He was going to give it to him though!) He greeted us all and talked about how good it felt to come out of retirement. First song was Grace Kelly, of course. The Roxy was already bouncing with energy. Next was Big Girl, which was great. I think that was the first time he came over to my side of the stage which was cool. I love that feeling I get when he's approaching and then standing right above me! Of course, I was being smushed by the other people behind me, trying to reach out their hand for him to touch it. Urrrg...

He was very Mika and cute the whole time. Next came one of the new ones, Good Gone Girl. We'd heard Mika practicing this one while waiting in the queue and had come up with dances to go along with the "ooooo ooo oooo oo ooo ooooo ooo ooooooo's" but, that all went out the window once we actually saw him perform it. :naughty: It sounds AWESOME! All the new songs do, actually. As you all probably know by now. :naughty:

Billy Brown, he forgot quite a chunk of the song. I'm thinking it's probably because during the part, "He found an island off the coast of Mexico" a group of girls in the front screamed at the top of their lungs, obviously being from Mexico. I guess that threw him off a bit.:roftl:

And now, what I think is one of my favorites of the new songs: The Clapping Song. I think I was the first to scream when he started this one :blush-anim-cl:. It was stuck in my head all last night, and still this morning. Fantastic song! I don't know what else to say.

Stuck in the Middle was great too! I think that's the one where he knocked down the mic stand? He did the whole zoobaba baba doo baba thing with the audience, which was a lot of fun, as it always is.

Love Today!! I didn't even film that one, I just enjoyed it. I hope you guys don't mind. But that's my personal favorite! It felt really really good to hear that one live again. I could feet the bass and the drums pulsating through my pant legs. Crap, I love that song.

Last was Lollipop, which I knew from before hand was the finale to all his shows, but for some reason it didn't click for me last night. He started singing I Want You Back for some reason...and then stopped...and then started singing Lollipop. He even had the confetti cannons in that tiny venue. But when he walked off stage, I was king of like....oh really???? I was expecting more! But people kept cheering and he came back for an encore where he sang Blue Eyes, another really sweet song, and Grace Kelly. I like it! While waiting in line outside, we thought it was a cover by Paul Simon or something. I like the "What'sa matter matter?" Part. Haha. Very catchy. And last, he sang Grace Kelly again, because he said he wasn't going to sing it as much on tour, which Charlotte and I agreed was going to result in stones being thrown at him in the future.:naughty:

He went off stage. The venue was cleared. And we waited outside for instructions from Allison about the meet and greet.

Lovely report!!! :punk: You're gonna write more, right? :fisch:

We waited outside for Allison and then she came. She mentioned that only TEN MFCers would be allowed in. That's it!...There were fifteen of us. So as people went in the doors and Allison was counting them off, I realized...crap. I'm towards the back of the line. Vanessa (findingmywords) and I kind off looked at each other like "uh oh" as we realized we wouldn't get in. I admit I felt a huge sinking feeling, but I knew that it was enough of a treat just to be there!!! But then, I realized that Nono, the girl who had been waiting in the queue before ANYONE, the girl who had been feeling sick to her stomach for days just knowing she was going to see Mika, was left out. That crushed me. We had to get her in there. :tears:

The five of us that were left were wondering what in the world to do, when Allison came out!!!...................To light a cigarette and smoke.

I'm not exactly what was said to Allison, but Lovempls told her something, and then Allison looked at Nono and remembered her from like...three years ago saying something like, "Oh yeah, you used to have blonde hair then, right? Yeah..." And I guess she felt bad and said "So, it's only five of you?" We said yes, and she said she'd work it out. The amount of relief I felt there was incredible. We all hugged each other. ALLISON. That girl deserves something.

We went inside, where everyone else was sitting with very concerned looks on their faces. They seemed to be relieved that everyone got in. I heard that some people volunteered to give up their spots, in order to let us in, which really touched me.

Anyway, John came and showed us all to the booth area, where we were to wait for Mika. I caught a fleeting glimpse of Perez a few minutes before Mika came out. He deserves something as well. He helped us out a lot over the past few days. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be. Maybe it was because I was still getting over the scare of not being let in, maybe it was because we were in a group. Who knows.:naughty: Mika came out and everyone stayed right where they were, no flocking! It was great. He came around to us all. He spent a good amount of time talking to Charlotte about necklaces, then he talked to Sarah, Mana, who showed him her awesome Lollipop Girl tattoo!!

And then to me. He looked at me and said "Hello." and I said "Hi." And we shook hands...Then he moved on to the next person.

*Insert extremely frustrated moan here*

ALL I SAID WAS "HI"??????? I hate myself for that! I said more to him at the Wiltern when he had no clue who I was for heaven's sake! Why did I get like that? That was pretty much the only part of that night I wish was different. :sad:

So he moved on and a few people down was Zoots (Shauna. I hope I'm spelling her name right! Probably not...) and I noticed that he was standing so incredibly close her her!!! SO CLOSE! I even pointed it out to Vanessa who agreed.:wub2:

He spoke to everyone and then I'm not sure who suggested it, but we took a group picture. And then Mika said he would take ones with us individually. We didn't even ask! He just said he would! Which I loved because I've wanted a picture of me and him for fourteen months now :naughty:. Once again, I was towards the back of the line. When it was my turn, I walked up to him, I might have said hi again. I don't know. Haha. He put his arm around me and kind of rested his head on my head. This is going to sound creepy, but I think I felt his pulse! :aah: So the picture was done, and I looked at him and said "Thank you." I meant it with every cell in my body. I hope he knows that.

After that, we all walked outside, freaked out a little. Everyone hugged each other about twenty times before leaving. Charlotte and I got in the car and drove to a diner where I pretty much just sat staring. :hypo: I'd come back to reality every once in a while, but mostly I was just in awe. Charlotte would say, "Uh oh. You went away again." when I was being really quiet. She was right.

She drove me home, we gave each other a big hug, but I didn't want to get out of the car, because then I knew that the night would be officially over. I didn't want it to be over because I knew what came next. Post gig depression. I got out anyway, said goodnight again, wrote on Mika's twitter saying thanks, and got in bed. I watched my videos and looked at my pictures once more before falling asleep. I admit, it was the best I've slept in a long while.

I'm no Mana when it comes to reports. That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading, guys!

Edited by daydreambeliever

Thank you daydreambeliever! Great report!:thumb_yello:

It is hard to come up with something sensible to say when you meet Mika, I know!:roftl:

At least you were there, you saw the concert, you got the opportunity to say hello to him and got a picture!:wub2:

i`m watching the vidss! up to now Toy Boy is awesome :web2:

thanks for the vids!! i`ll be all day reading the reports and watching the vids..^^

Links to vids. , reports & some pics. are posted on the front page of this thread !! :thumb_yello:

We waited outside for Allison and then she came. She mentioned that only TEN MFCers would be allowed in. That's it!...There were fifteen of us. So as people went in the doors and Allison was counting them off, I realized...crap. I'm towards the back of the line. Vanessa (findingmywords) and I kind off looked at each other like "uh oh" as we realized we wouldn't get in. I admit I felt a huge sinking feeling, but I knew that it was enough of a treat just to be there!!! But then, I realized that Nono, the girl who had been waiting in the queue before ANYONE, the girl who had been feeling sick to her stomach for days just knowing she was going to see Mika, was left out. That crushed me. We had to get her in there. :tears:

The five of us that were left were wondering what in the world to do, when Allison came out!!!...................To light a cigarette and smoke.

I'm not exactly what was said to Allison, but Lovempls told her something, and then Allison looked at Nono and remembered her from like...three years ago saying something like, "Oh yeah, you used to have blonde hair then, right? Yeah..." And I guess she felt bad and said "So, it's only five of you?" We said yes, and she said she'd work it out. The amount of relief I felt there was incredible. We all hugged each other. ALLISON. That girl deserves something.

We went inside, where everyone else was sitting with very concerned looks on their faces. They seemed to be relieved that everyone got in. I heard that some people volunteered to give up their spots, in order to let us in, which really touched me.

Anyway, John came and showed us all to the booth area, where we were to wait for Mika. I caught a fleeting glimpse of Perez a few minutes before Mika came out. He deserves something as well. He helped us out a lot over the past few days. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be. Maybe it was because I was still getting over the scare of not being let in, maybe it was because we were in a group. Who knows.:naughty: Mika came out and everyone stayed right where they were, no flocking! It was great. He came around to us all. He spent a good amount of time talking to Charlotte about necklaces, then he talked to Sarah, Mana, who showed him her awesome Lollipop Girl tattoo!!

And then to me. He looked at me and said "Hello." and I said "Hi." And we shook hands...Then he moved on to the next person.

*Insert extremely frustrated moan here*

ALL I SAID WAS "HI"??????? I hate myself for that! I said more to him at the Wiltern when he had no clue who I was for heaven's sake! Why did I get like that? That was pretty much the only part of that night I wish was different. :sad:

So he moved on and a few people down was Zoots (Chandra. I hope I'm spelling her name right! Probably not...) and I noticed that he was standing so incredibly close her her!!! SO CLOSE! I even pointed it out to Vanessa who agreed.

He spoke to everyone and then I'm not sure who suggested it, but we took a group picture. And then Mika said he would take ones with us individually. We didn't even ask! He just said he would! Which I loved because I've wanted a picture of me and him for fourteen months now :naughty:. Once again, I was towards the back of the line. When it was my turn, I walked up to him, I might have said hi again. I don't know. Haha. He put his arm around me and kind of rested his head on my head. This is going to sound creepy, but I think I felt his pulse! :aah: So the picture was done, and I looked at him and said "Thank you." I meant it with every cell in my body. I hope he knows that.

After that, we all walked outside, freaked out a little. Everyone hugged each other about twenty times before leaving. Charlotte and I got in the car and drove to a diner where I pretty much just sat staring. :hypo: I'd come back to reality every once in a while, but mostly I was just in awe. Charlotte would say, "Uh oh. You went away again." when I was being really quiet. She was right.

She drove me home, we gave each other a big hug, but I didn't want to get out of the car, because then I knew that the night would be officially over. I didn't want it to be over because I knew what came next. Post gig depression. I got out anyway, said goodnight again, wrote on Mika's twitter saying thanks, and got in bed. I watched my videos and looked at my pictures once more before falling asleep. I admit, it was the best I've slept in a long while.

I'm no Mana when it comes to reports. That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading, guys!

AWESOME.

Ha, at least you said SOMETHING:aah:

I really loved reading your report.

Yesterday seems like such a magical event... And I wasn't even there! :naughty: I read this thread through quickly and it still took about an hour and a half. Loving the new songs! Having said that, I can't believe Mika wrote a song about Mini Mika! :lmao::mf_rosetinted:

Thank you all for the amazing reports, pics and videos. Magical! :thumb_yello:

I just respectfully explained to her that although they let 10 people in, there were more than 10 MFCers there and we would really appreciate if we could go in with the rest of them. She seemed a little unsure until we said that Nono had been there since 9 AM :naughty: Allison totally deserves something, you're right, I'm SO grateful! I told her twice how much we appreciated it!

And I loved our group hug, it was so funny and totally spur of the moment, inspired by our happiness :bleh:

Edited by lovempls

Where´s Avoca when you need her? Or anyone who can provide us with non-watermark pics!!

I finally caught up with the whole thread..Woaaaaaaaaaah, great experience, guys! I´m so happy that you had an amazing time, front row and after that a M&G and you all were able to get in!! Awww, i love this place.

I really like the new songs, but i need more time :naughty:

Can´t wait to hear all your reports, to watch all your vids & pics..To feel like i was there a bit more :wink2: