REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Back on a computer for a short while, before I leave the hotel to go back home and suffer my jetlag in its full glory :roftl:.

Please excuse me if things don't make much sense, but I am INCREDIBLY tired and still in some sort of daze right now.

The past 2 days have been so intense, yet so amazing. This impromptu trip (work time off cleared/plane ticket bought at 11 pm and plane departing at 4 pm the following day; How do you get more spontaneous than that :mf_lustslow:) has ben worth every single penny and all the tiredness in the world.

Firstly, I got to spend a lot of time again with my good North American buddies Christine, Zoots, Charlie, and on top of that I also met some amazing new people, & even saw a bit of others that I already knew. If only for that, it was already super special, and I cannot express how much it meant to me to spend time with you guys again.

*cursing the layout of this American keyboard that makes me insert a \ every time I want to hit enter :sneaky2:*

Secondly, the concert was ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING AMAAAAAAAAAZING!! Believe me, I've gone to many Mika gigs, and for me this was just unbelievable. It was shorter than some of his gigs, but boy was it special. It's just impossible to express how it felt, as I don't have enough words to describe how the energy was flowing in that room. It was like the new Mika coming out with the best bits of the old Mika, and renewed everything, and all this raw passion that I haven't seen in him for a while, and he was just SO alive, so happy, so dedicated, so feeling it.....As I said, I can't really express it, but it made me feel incredibly excited about the next Mika future.

It was obvious that most people there (the Mika fans, not the occasional Perez mates/casual spectators) felt the same, and you could see how much it meant to Mika himself that people were reacting like that.

He made a joke or two about 'people possibly thinking that the songs would be crap', which I think reflected the way that he felt about it, deep down. It was obvious that as the gig progressed and people were ecstatic, he started to realise that everyone was loving it, and his confidence sky rocketed.

It was also extremely rare and amazing to be standing next to the tny stage, with our arms and bags/coats resting on it, and the man himself coming over to touch people's hands a few times :wub2:. He high fived Zoots once after a song and grabbed her hand, which caused an acute attack of fangurliness. So cute :naughty:.

Seriously, it was just incredible. SO tiny as well. The venue was fantastic, and the stage had a curved shape that made it unbelievably cosy. We had the best spot in the house (just in front of Mika's line of vision) and the connection was very stongly felt.

I will carry on in a sec, as I don't want to lose my post and need to renew the internet time.

Btw I tried to put vids up but it won't work so I need to wait until I get back home to London on Friday. They are worth it though :wink2:

I can't think of anything intelligent to say but :wub2:*sigh*:wub2:

:blush-anim-cl:

Just listening to the new songs right now, and I like them. But some vids have already been deleted from YT, because of an issue with the rights? :boxed: What a pity.

Why are Christine's videos removed ..... :( Bugger .... thank the lord I managed to watch them .... should have RP'd them before they disappeared .... weird if Mika or team Mika has done that .... as there are alot of others and HMDYLM has been on it for ages :thumbdown:

Back on a computer for a short while, before I leave the hotel to go back home and suffer my jetlag in its full glory :roftl :.

Please excuse me if things don't make much sense, but I am INCREDIBLY tired and still in some sort of daze right now.

The past 2 days have been so intense, yet so amazing. This impromptu trip (work time off cleared/plane ticket bought at 11 pm and plane departing at 4 pm the following day; How do you get more spontaneous than that :mf_lustslow :) has ben worth every single penny and all the tiredness in the world.

Firstly, I got to spend a lot of time again with my good North American buddies Christine, Zoots, Charlie, and on top of that I also met some amazing new people, & even saw a bit of others that I already knew. If only for that, it was already super special, and I cannot express how much it meant to me to spend time with you guys again.

*cursing the layout of this American keyboard that makes me insert a \ every time I want to hit enter :sneaky2 :*

Secondly, the concert was ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING AMAAAAAAAAAZING!! Believe me, I've gone to many Mika gigs, and for me this was just unbelievable. It was shorter than some of his gigs, but boy was it special. It's just impossible to express how it felt, as I don't have enough words to describe how the energy was flowing in that room. It was like the new Mika coming out with the best bits of the old Mika, and renewed everything, and all this raw passion that I haven't seen in him for a while, and he was just SO alive, so happy, so dedicated, so feeling it.....As I said, I can't really express it, but it made me feel incredibly excited about the next Mika future.

It was obvious that most people there (the Mika fans, not the occasional Perez mates/casual spectators) felt the same, and you could see how much it meant to Mika himself that people were reacting like that.

He made a joke or two about 'people possibly thinking that the songs would be crap', which I think reflected the way that he felt about it, deep down. It was obvious that as the gig progressed and people were ecstatic, he started to realise that everyone was loving it, and his confidence sky rocketed.

It was also extremely rare and amazing to be standing next to the tny stage, with our arms and bags/coats resting on it, and the man himself coming over to touch people's hands a few times :wub2:. He high fived Zoots once after a song and grabbed her hand, which caused an acute attack of fangurliness. So cute :naughty :.

Seriously, it was just incredible. SO tiny as well. The venue was fantastic, and the stage had a curved shape that made it unbelievably cosy. We had the best spot in the house (just in front of Mika's line of vision) and the connection was very stongly felt.

I will carry on in a sec, as I don't want to lose my post and need to renew the internet time.

Btw I tried to put vids up but it won't work so I need to wait until I get back home to London on Friday. They are worth it though :wink2:

:wub2::huglove::wub2: and :wub2:

I'm so happy you had such a fantastic time!!

daydreambeliever, thank you so much for your lovely report. I felt like i was there with you. What a great night. :thumb_yello:

No need to be worried anymore. This album is gonna be fanf**kingtastic:wub2:

Absof**kinglutly! :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mici

Back on a computer for a short while, before I leave the hotel to go back home and suffer my jetlag in its full glory :roftl:.

The past 2 days have been so intense, yet so amazing. This impromptu trip (work time off cleared/plane ticket bought at 11 pm and plane departing at 4 pm the following day; How do you get more spontaneous than that :mf_lustslow:) has ben worth every single penny and all the tiredness in the world.

*cursing the layout of this American keyboard that makes me insert a \ every time I want to hit enter :sneaky2:*

It was also extremely rare and amazing to be standing next to the tny stage, with our arms and bags/coats resting on it, and the man himself coming over to touch people's hands a few times :wub2:. He high fived Zoots once after a song and grabbed her hand, which caused an acute attack of fangurliness. So cute :naughty:.

I can't believe you went all that way to see him .... you are completely amazing - dedicated etc .... or mad ...... lol ..... then again ... if I'd had the money ..... the choice between a Morrison's shift or a flight to LA to see Mika ..... no contest *sigh*

:huglove:

Hey! Thank you all for your reports and pics, you really had a FAB night! :punk:

I've converted the new songs in mp3, I believe that, as long as we can watch the videos and so actually listen to the acoustic version of the new songs, as we live in the technology-era, we can convert the songs in mp3...or am I wrong?:blink: Please, tell!

Blue Eyes: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmafnmniymz

Clap song: http://www.mediafire.com/?qftadbgjmm2

Good Gone Girl: http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyn5nyhzzk

Toy Boy: http://www.mediafire.com/?l4ih5jmtfnm

Thank you :wink2: Couldn't listen to them all, but Good Girl Gone (?) is quite catchy!

P4150440-1.jpg

:wub2:

Love your pics! Thank you :thumb_yello:

Why are Christine's videos removed ..... :( Bugger .... thank the lord I managed to watch them .... should have RP'd them before they disappeared .... weird if Mika or team Mika has done that .... as there are alot of others and HMDYLM has been on it for ages :thumbdown:

Oh really? They're gone now? :thumbdown:

Edited by Miro

Thanks for your reports and pics and videos guys, you are BRILLIANT! :huglove::flowers2: I'm so happy you've had such an amazing time!

I've watched all the videos, saved many pics - I love all the 4 songs except "Blue Eyes" - I don't like it very much :bleh:

But "Toy Boy" has the most beautiful lyrics I've ever read. The best of his so far. I have analysed it with my mom the whole afternoon.

Anyway - it's SO good to see him live & kickin' again! I love him! :punk::wub2:

I will skip a lot of the other stuff that people have already detailed, and move straight to the meeting Mika after the gig part now.

When we finally went in to see him, after much drama which I will only lightly touch on now to say that I can't say how extremely disappointed I am at one particular person who IMO behaved in a very selfish way, which nearly meant that Nono would miss out on meeting him (being the first one there), but let's not go into that right now....

Meeting Mika was a pleasure and definitely the most relaxed situation ever (as you will see from my video, I video'd a lot of the meeting with him and it's quite funny :naughty:) and both Mika and fans were super relaxed. Everyone behaved, people didn't crowd or follow or hog him (granted, before he came out we repeated like a 100 times: 'everone stay put, nobody move or follow him!!' :roftl:), but in any case it worked and when he came in he could work the line (semicircle) and chat to everyone with no stress or hassle.

We all got a nice chat, and it was lovely. He was in very obvious good spirits, and really chatty. Everyone can report on their own chats if they like but I found it quite funny when someone commented on his necklace (was it Charlie or Vanessa?? Or someone else? Sorry, I didn't see who it was) and he got really excited (very cute) saying: 'oh, it's full of perfume' and then proceeded to put some on my and Charlie's hand so that we could smell it. He was very excited about his perfume. Very cute.

I said that I was disappointed not to hear Relax and he said that he wanted to do it but he'd forgotten all the cords and just sat there thinking: 'how on earth did it go??" so in the end he decided not to do it cause he'd get them all wrong and 'would look like a dick'. I really hope that he'll rehearse that one for the acoustic tour, because the acoustic Relax has to be one of the most beautiful things EVER!!

What else...We just chatted very relaxedly, everyone saying something here or there but without monopolising, it was just all very natural. At one point I couldn't help myself (as these things seem to go :blush-anim-cl:) and told him that he looks A LOT nicer with this natural hair and dressed casually than with his super done up look, and that he should ditch the hair curler.

When he heard about the hair curler he let out this high pitched laugh and said that we are very picky, and then spontaneously said that when he wore that ICA jacket his sister told him that people didn't like it, that weall hated it, but that he loves that jacket and that he will wear it :naughty:.

He then proceeded to show Christine how he needs to wear these jackets unbuttoned because, again (his new fav word it seems), 'if he wears them buttoned up he looks like a dick'.

He even demonstrated this theory by closing the one he was wearing then, to show the difference. So funny. As things were so cool and chilled I also got carried away about the jackets and mentioned the PDP one as a not so great looking one but I can't make out his reply properly so I will have to watch the vid again to check that.

He also had a hilarious reaction with this massive laugh-groan when he saw Mana's tatoo, which is also on the video. He even lifted her leg up to give the tat a good closeup look and he seemed very impressed by it, haha.

Oh anothe bit that I loved was that when he gave me the customary hi-hug he had this funny little look and said 'thank you' very intently. He said that he really appreciated the traveling, and that he didn't take that lightly at all. All in all, this kinda made my day, as the previous Twitter post saying that people were even coming from London 'you are mad and amazing' made me feel quite warm, so this just added to it. He was just really genuinely appreciative about the whole coming to see him from afar, and it was just really nice to hear and see.

He also seemed happy when we gave him feedback on the new songs, and said that one had to change, that you could not remain static in life, and all in all I think that he seemed pretty chuffed with the response to the new stuff.

John also spent some nice time with us yesterday; The man is SUCH a sweetheart, I officially love him. He's such a nice guy, and you can see that he genuinely loves his job, and that he loves Mika and respects him a lot. He also has quite a wicked sense of humour, which was a great discovery. Sheryl was also really sweet, and Cherisse came out for a few minutes to say hi.

Anyway I think that this is all for now, but I'll see if I can remember bits and bobs to add.

Queuing was fun as usual, to a degree, but when the inevitable (it seems, and it also seems that it's aways mfc'ers doing it) queue jumping drama comes up, it kinda ruins things. I really really REALLY wish that people would examine their freaking consciences and try and do things a bit more fairly towards everyone else. Really, if you want to be there so badly, get up and come and queue.

We didn't stand there in the crappy cold since 10 am (Nono 9) so that a last minute smartie could turn up at 5 or 6 or whatever and jump straight into the front, ahead of other people who had been three since the morning.

IT'S SERIOUSLY NOT COOL. It's disrespectful and mean.

I really don't want to end this on a bad note, as it was an amazing day, but it did bother me a lot and I hope that whoever did that will maybe think about it and realise how unfair their actions were.

On this note, I must mention something that I was gonna say last night and ddn't get the chance, which was that I give total credit to Cynthia for stepping out when there were too many people there, and not playing the same game as the other person who just stood there and refused to do the right thing. Very disappointing; I was expecting more from this person :thumbdown:.

OMG i have spent the day flicking through the pix and the reports etc, watched all the vids and... WOW!:shocked: words cannot describe how excited i am for this new album!:mf_lustslow: the songs sound amazing! i literally cannot wait:roftl: the Mikanator truly is a genius :-D x

These are pretty much the last ones for now guys. I'm going to head off. Not feeling too great. :boxed:

P4150452-1.jpg

P4150453-1-1.jpg

P4150451-1.jpg

Enjoy. :wink2:

Still haven't forgotten about the videos. Waiting for my dad to clear out some of his memory so they can fit.

thank you...great pics :wub2::wub2:

just edited first post with ice cream man report!

http://www.icecreamman.com/review/detail/mika-at-the-roxy

i bet it's been posted already, but i've been so busy today i could not check.

i want to thank the guy again, he's so sweet to MFCers!

great review!

and my congrats to MFCers in LA: you have conquered every heart!:wub2:

Nice report, Sara! :thumb_yello:

Shame about the queue thing, but it seems to be always like that! People just seem to lose their minds in those situations. :thumbdown:

Edited by Mary

Thanks for the lovely report Sara! Man, that's just make me appreciate Mika all the much more.

That reminds me.. We can always rely on you to tell him the bitter truth huh :roftl:

Edited by hotdlp