REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Wow. Now that I've read some more reports, looked at more pics and listened to more vids, I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Yesterday I was excited. Today it's more emotional.

More acoustic gigs. More small venues. An acoustic EP out in summer and new album in autumn (well, yours, my winter and spring actually). It just keeps getting better and better.

Ok, here we go.

Arrived at the venue at 9am, and waited for about an hour for more people to show up. We staked are places in the queue in our beach chairs and froze. Seriously, it was the most cold I've ever been, I think. I saw that Mika had replied to be on twitter and was gonna send us some hot chocolate and donuts. So freakin' sweet. So John and Sheryl came and took our orders and then came back with the goods. Though the hot chocolate felt so nice and warm and my hands, it did not help my already nauseous stomach. I came so freaking close to just calling my mom and going home. Yes -- it was that bad. However, I stuck it out. As I was laying on the floor, practically dead, Christine whispered "Mika's here" and BAM! I shot right up and felt immediately fine. SO WEIRD. We listened to the soundcheck at which point I thought he was doing a bunch of covers 'cause one of them sounded like the Beach Boys and another one sounded familiar aswell.

Eventually we were let in. Almost all of us made it front row. Some stupid VIP people got there before the rest of MFC could. The opening act was so f*cking WEIRD! It was just some burlesque dance/borderline stripper. I was laughing so hard.

Now the part you care about.

Mika sprung on the stage, starting with Grace Kelly. He kept joking about missing the high G on the keyboard. Next was Big Girl I believe. It was cool hearing the "acoustic" version of that. It didn't sound that acoustic though, but it was tons of fun. After that I believe it was a new song called "Good Gone Girl". I really liked that one. Next was "Billy Brown" where he forgot quite a bit of the lyrics, but it was very cute. I have to admit, I sort of forget them myself. After that was "The Clapping Song" which I still don't know the official name for. It's a lot of fun though. The crowd caught on quickly and were singing along. The main phrase from it is "Blame it on the girlssss, blame it on the boyyys." Then came "Stuck In the Middle." At one point he messed up on piano and smiled at me. I was laughing. He could be the worst piano player in the world but no one would give a f*ck. He's just too lovable. After that was this song called "Toy Boy." It was really funny 'cause he looked at the band and was like "And it's in...A?" (he was talking about what key it was in.) The lyrics are sort of Billy Brown-ish. They're quite funny at times and very...interesting. :wink2:

Then he played "Love Today." When he got up from the keyboard he accidentally knocked the mic stand down which fell to my crotch, but he left it there for a while, until he finally whipped it back up and then moved two feet and dropped it on the other side. :lol3: Then he played "Lollipop" as a finale, though he came back afterwards with a song called "Blue Eyes" (I think). It's very pretty and catchy (of course :rolls_eyes:). And after that he played "Grace Kelly" again 'cause he said he wouldn't be playing it much on this acoustic tour. I really wanted him to pay "Relax" though. Whatever, it was amazing.

After that, we walked down about half a block and collected all of the MFC peeps. Andrew was waiting for Allison to give him the "OK" in order to go back and meet Mika. They said they were only going to allow 10 people, and unfortunately 5 of us got left behind. We were on the verge of tears when we saw Allison smoking outside. I didn't want to bother her 'cause she seemed stressed but the others asked her nicely if we could go in as well and told them I'd been waiting there since 9am and she saw me and remembered me. "You used to have blond hair, didn't you" etc. So thankfully she said not to worry and that she'd let us in. I don't know how many times I can say it, but I LOVE ALLISON! This is the second time she's made me the happiest fan ever. I'm gonna send her flowers or something.

Anyways, we met with the other 10 MFCers in this platformed area with booths, and everyone stood in a line to get ready for Mika. But me being the freak I am and to stay sitting down 'cause I was beginning to feel sick again. When he got to the last person (Ashley) I noticed he was about to leave so I ran next to her and said "MIKAAA!" and he turned around and gave me a big hug. :stretcher:

Then I asked "You know how I have a bad habit of giving you the most random gifts?"

"..Yah" he said.

"Well, I've done it again, though I've made it this time."

He started looking at it, but I was like "No, don't look at it here!" and he said "I like embroidered things. Ok, I'll look at it later."

Then he asked if we wanted a group picture or a picture of him with each member. We let him choose, and he said he'd do both, so we took the group photo and then he posed with everyone. *dies*

After he was all done, I asked him to thank Perez for everything, but I don't know if he heard me.

Then we all floated out of the club on our clouds and said our goodbyes.

I am so lucky to have been part of this and I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to Mika, Perez, Allison, John, Sheryl, and all of his management for just being so awesome to us.

And all of the people I got to meet yesterday and today are AMAZING! I love you and guys and I'm very happy to have met you!

THE END.

thank you for yr nice and detailed report Nono! :wub2::wub2: :D

Can't tear myself away yet. Although, I think I have an ear infection & fever now. I burst into tears on the flight when the plane started descending... ears popping + ear congestion = bad!! But still 110% worth it.

Just a few pics. I loooove this one of Ella and am making it my new profile pic... she's so happy!!!

3.jpg

Confetti.jpg

SaraChristineZoots.jpg

(Hope you'll forgive me Christine but it's such a good pic of us! No more, I swear, and I probably won't keep it up for long - you know me! I never have pics of myself here.)

Ps - just realized how funny it is that the first 3 pics I wanted to share don't have Mika in them! :roftl:

Pss - WOAH, just noticed... look at the girl gritting her teeth in the background!!! LOL... is that hoodie girl? :naughty:

Edited by zoots14

Ok, I've never been so depressed after a Mika gig in my life. I've been crying all day like a psychopath, and it's because I miss him so so so so much. I feel dead inside, as if Mika has died or something. It's very strange. :blink:

P.S. Is it bad that I still have no desire to eat? I think all I've had in the last 4 days is 2 pizza bagels, an ice cream bar, and a donut.
I think its because you weren't feeling well plus all the excitement and tiredness.

You just need to calm down, relax, sleep and rest and you'll be better very soon!

Take care! :huglove:

I think its because you weren't feeling well plus all the excitement and tiredness.

You just need to calm down, relax, sleep and rest and you'll be better very soon!

Take care! :huglove:

I don't know how to handle excitement :naughty:

Plus I miss him soooo much :thumbdown: (hence the tears earlier)

I'm a wreck :rolls_eyes:

I feel a bit better now though.

I don't know how to handle excitement :naughty:

Plus I miss him soooo much :thumbdown: (hence the tears earlier)

I'm a wreck :rolls_eyes:

I feel a bit better now though.

i know its not easy, you should try to find a way.... everyone has his own.. anyway it will subside little by little by itself

Think about how lucky you are, not everyone has seen him live or met him :wink2:

Can't tear myself away yet. Although, I think I have an ear infection & fever now. I burst into tears on the flight when the plane started descending... ears popping + ear congestion = bad!! But still 110% worth it.

Just a few pics. I loooove this one of Ella and am making it my new profile pic... she's so happy!!!

3.jpg

Confetti.jpg

SaraChristineZoots.jpg

(Hope you'll forgive me Christine but it's such a good pic of us! No more, I swear, and I probably won't keep it up for long - you know me! I never have pics of myself here.)

Ps - just realized how funny it is that the first 3 pics I wanted to share don't have Mika in them!

Pss - WOAH, just noticed... look at the girl gritting her teeth in the background!!! LOL... is that hoodie girl? :naughty:

zoots!!! love your gig report! lovely pictures! :wub2: ella!

did you see the faces of the guys behind you :naughty: then there is a creepy looking girl/boy half face i see... scary :blink:

i know its not easy, you should try to find a way.... everyone has his own.. anyway it will subside little by little by itself

Think about how lucky you are, not everyone has seen him live or met him :wink2:

I hope so. I can't deal with this every concert. It's really a pain in the ass :naughty:

That just makes me feel guilty/lucky :naughty:

We all got a nice chat, and it was lovely. He was in very obvious good spirits, and really chatty. Everyone can report on their own chats if they like but I found it quite funny when someone commented on his necklace (was it Charlie or Vanessa?? Or someone else? Sorry, I didn't see who it was) and he got really excited (very cute) saying: 'oh, it's full of perfume' and then proceeded to put some on my and Charlie's hand so that we could smell it. He was very excited about his perfume. Very cute.

:roftl:

Oh anothe bit that I loved was that when he gave me the customary hi-hug he had this funny little look and said 'thank you' very intently. He said that he really appreciated the traveling, and that he didn't take that lightly at all. All in all, this kinda made my day, as the previous Twitter post saying that people were even coming from London 'you are mad and amazing' made me feel quite warm, so this just added to it. He was just really genuinely appreciative about the whole coming to see him from afar, and it was just really nice to hear and see.

No way would that go unnoticed, flying in from London :roftl:

I'm so argh... freakingly happy he let show how much he apprechiated that. :cheerful_h4h::wub2: AHHHH! :wub2:

heyy i am a new member (joined like 2 hours ago)

and i am having the HARDEST time figuring this site out! hahah

and am desperate to see if any of these awesome fans took any pics last night of Mika with the 'Mexico' sign??

it was my sign and I don't know if you rememebr how he held it up and stuff, I tried to get pictures but was waaaay to excited and couldn't stop jumping and screaming that none of my pictures are descent lol

so if anyone has a picture of him with the mexico sign could you pleeeaaaseee send it to me?! :naughty:

I would be eternally mexicanlly grateful! hahah

pleasee and thank you!

please send me a message or contact me trough my myspace, because honestly this forum thing is completely new for and I have no idea what I'm doing lol

so thanks again!!

....damn that was a long post sorry :bleh:

I really don't think my dad realizes how important it is to clear some memory so I can get these video's up.

"Oh, I'll do it tomorrow. Maybe..."

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I'm really sorry guys, I woke up early today to try to post them, I've been trying all day to post them, but nothing's cooperating with my right now. :tears:

I really don't think my dad realizes how important it is to clear some memory so I can get these video's up.

"Oh, I'll do it tomorrow. Maybe..."

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I'm really sorry guys, I woke up early today to try to post them, I've been trying all day to post them, but nothing's cooperating with my right now. :tears:

No worries :huglove:

Youtube takes FOREVER anyways. Seriously....7 videos took me like 6 and a half hours to upload :thumbdown:

and am desperate to see if any of these awesome fans took any pics last night of Mika with the 'Mexico' sign??

it was my sign and I don't know if you rememebr how he held it up and stuff, I tried to get pictures but was waaaay to excited and couldn't stop jumping and screaming that none of my pictures are descent lol

so if anyone has a picture of him with the mexico sign could you pleeeaaaseee send it to me?! :naughty:

pleasee and thank you!

please send me a message or contact me trough my myspace, because honestly this forum thing is completely new for and I have no idea what I'm doing lol

so thanks again!!

....damn that was a long post sorry :bleh:

i wish i could say i had pictures, but i didnt get to go last night :bleh:

i hope someone has a picture w/ the sign :]

if you need any help about the forum, we will be glad to help :]

uhm...so did mika release the release date for his album?:naughty:

All I've heard is that he said "fall" -- which would be September, October...

still a ways off, unfortunately.

i just uploaded some photos if your interested:

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss164/irmaintheoffice/mika/

ima upload more tomorrow.

Wow, thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has written a report, posted pics and

videos since the *last* time I thanked you all! :naughty:

Keep 'em coming -- I don't get tired of any of it! :thumb_yello:

3447016106_7754f3a416_b.jpg

thanks for the nice comments guys. Will get the vids up as soon as i get home.

Suzie, as far as i understood, he's doing the acoustic tour with this band, so Cherisse is the only one that would remain for now.

We'll see about the new proper tour,but i get the feeling that the rest of the old band won't be back

You know, that has one positive point though.:naughty:

AIN'T NO SUNSHIIIIIINE!:groovy:or trolls"]

"The Hilton-sanctioned show preceded the release of Mika’s acoustic EP, which he has been recording in Los Angeles."

So that's the secret project...

WHUTWHUTWHUTINDABUTT?!:shocked: