REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Just read all the reports and the combination of them just make me feel like I was there:wub2: Thank you so much to the ones who went and told us about it in first hand:huglove: Hope I can get at least something similar soon...:naughty::roftl:

Here are all of my videos (yes, I re-uploaded the new songs, shhh...:cool:)

Watch them in chronological order and it's like you were there :bleh:

GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much !!!!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

:roftl: What do you mean weird titles, it's the initials to the songs, hahaha.

You're very welcome!

I absolutely love the energy in this one:

It also gives a really good idea of how TINY the place was and how close the stage (and him!) was .

He even nearly killed us with the microphone that he dropped right in front of Nono

Oh my!

Has that man got energy and charisma on stage or what?:sweatdrop:

I could as well have been there with you guys, jumping up and down, that was what it felt like.:boing:

It's so fun to hear you all singing along in this one!

MFC people are brilliant singers!:wub2:

It wouldn’t be the same, looking at Mika videos without the cute singing along, something would be missing!:naughty:

Oh, I forgot to mention. "9 to 5" didn't play so we didn't know when Mika was coming on :no:

Changes are hurtful!:boxed:

Often our friends and family in “real life” don’t quite get what all the fuss is about. Your fellow MFCers, however, totally understand. They know what it’s like to see a new video blog with 15-second snippets of new songs, and to have it make your week. They know what it’s like to stand outside a venue before a show, and to have that feeling of excited energy knowing you’re about to see something amazing. They know what it’s like to see Mika somehow manage to show off that million-kilowatt smile while singing at the same time, his eyes literally sparkling when a crowd full of people sings his lyrics back at him. And they know why all this matters so much. They know why you hang on to little details of his career, why the music touches you, why it resonates so deeply.

To put it simply, your fellow MFCers feel the magic.

That is so true Mana! Thanks for this wonderful report, it touched me so much and made me feel all aww :wub2:

What is his power eh? He's a real magician and I think you're right talking about "magic". It IS magic.

Ahhhhhh I'm so proud being a Mika fan :wub2:

Here are all of my videos (yes, I re-uploaded the new songs, shhh...:cool:)

Watch them in chronological order and it's like you were there :bleh:

As I have understood new it is impossible)). Coded girls)))). Independently to find it is problematic) Thanks, I adore all of you

Aww, thanks for posting these! So cute! :wink2:

Yeah, the group one is a really cute picture! :cheers:

ROFLMAO!

*dies laughing*

At first I was like OMG, she's going to mention that I was bawling, ugh, so embarrasing. Then I read that little snippet about Andrew and nearly fell off my chair laughing. I could barely read it out loud to him 'cause I was laughing so hard. :lol3:

Thanks for that, Vanessa. That totally made might night. The tough StandardToaster doesn't want everyone to know he's just as much of a fangurl as the rest of us, but he can only hide it so long. :roftl:

Ahem... I remember an "I LOVE YOU MIKA!" from that direction as well.

:naughty:

Edited by zoots14

OK, FINALLY the complete list. Here they are, in case someone wants to update the front page:

Meeting:

Grace Kelly:

Big Girl:

Billy Brown:

Stuck In The Middle:

Love Today:

Lollipop:

Grace Kelly2:

goodbye:

&fmt=22

Ok, what the heck, here the new ones. I hope that they will be safe

TB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfuUKmHLe4&fmt=22

BIOTG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eKa-0SKoc&fmt=22

GGG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XILstP_D3DA&fmt=22

BE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBnXl-2U9s&fmt=22

Thanks Sara for the videos :thumb_yello::huglove:

Edited by clara85

I have been a good girl and read all 100 and smt pages of the thread, looked at all pics and read all reports: I particularly enjoyed sara's, mana's, zoots and nono's. thanks for those. :wub2:

thx for all the incredible pics and videos: mika looked great and I don't see his hair being particularly "careless" as it's been defined. it's very accurately curled up, just not a granny style, finally. he also looks grand with his hair growing a little longer. :blush-anim-cl:

how lovely lovely lovely he behaved once again with fans at the meet and greet, and so did john, but then again, i am not surprised. :punk:

I'm so glad m'fcers had a brilliant time and that both them and him felt the mutual love and felt rewarded of their mutual care (on 2 different levels, but still). I do think it meant a lot to him to his the "familiar faces" on his first "new gig" and that the love is still there and people showed the usual devotion.

I'm not particlarly shocked by the stripper show. call it burlesque or strip, not much of a difference. I agree it's not for small kids, but if it was funny and playful, it could be done, though I don't particularly care it gets to be an habit. :wink2:

I'm a little left down the new album comes not sooner than autumn, but at least we have a "date" now. anyway it cannot be helped, can it? and I am convinced what comes before -possibly artbook/video and project- will keep us enterteined anyway.

everything perfect for me too..? I wish i could say so. I didn't like at all the new songs. :boxed: I know that's life and there's nothing wrong, but I still didn't feel good about it at all. I feel actually depressed about it. :boxed:

anyeone that feels the same and care to discuss it? :tears:

oh!:shocked:

i love them all! :shocked:

what can i tell you?

have you listened to them without watching at him? just the songs?

maybe the quality of sound is not perfect..maybe you miss the lyrics...i don't know.

probably in the cd, with all the arragements? maybe you'll change your mind

i'm sorry, how can i convince you?:naughty:

Impossible my dear! :naughty::bleh:

I didn't like two of them first, but then I heard them closer and loved them... Have you heard them over and over and over again? If it doesn't work, oh well, they may grow on you later! :biggrin2:

Thank you so much for the great reports, pics and videos. It looked like a truly memorable night, for Mika and the fans. :thumb_yello: Wish I had the vacation time and cash to join you, but I'll live vicariously through all of you who were there. :naughty:

everything perfect for me too..? I wish i could say so. I didn't like at all the new songs. :boxed: I know that's life and there's nothing wrong, but I still didn't feel good about it at all. I feel actually depressed about it. :boxed:

Hey Avoca,

well, I looove TB and GGG but I really am not a fan of the BIOTG (clapping song) but I imagine it will grow on me! Also, as Robertina said, I think they'll all sound quite different on the album - you know, fully produced and maybe arranged differently.

I can understand you feeling depressed because like us all, you had high hopes, and now you're wondering if you lost what you felt....but remember, these are only a small number of songs..and on twitter he mentioned that he was scrapping things and changing things for the album versions! :huglove:

I have been a good girl and read all 100 and smt pages of the thread, looked at all pics and read all reports: I particularly enjoyed sara's, mana's, zoots and nono's. thanks for those.

thx for all the incredible pics and videos: mika looked great and I don't see his hair being particularly "careless" as it's been defined. it's very accurately curled up, just not a granny style, finally. he also looks grand with his hair growing a little longer. :blush-anim-cl:

how lovely lovely lovely he behaved once again with fans at the meet and greet, and so did john, but then again, i am not surprised. :punk:

I'm so glad m'fcers had a brilliant time and that both them and him felt the mutual love and felt rewarded of their mutual care (on 2 different levels, but still). I do think it meant a lot to him to his the "familiar faces" on his first "new gig" and that the love is still there and people showed the usual devotion.

I'm not particlarly shocked by the stripper show. call it burlesque or strip, not much of a difference. I agree it's not for small kids, but if it was funny and playful, it could be done, though I don't particularly care it gets to be an habit. :wink2:

I'm a little left down the new album comes not sooner than autumn, but at least we have a "date" now. anyway it cannot be helped, can it? and I am convinced what comes before -possibly artbook/video and project- will keep us enterteined anyway.

Avocachka!

I at all do not know, what lyrics in songs). But I have grown fond of them. Though from the first I have not understood melodies. But it because then I listened to sounding not such high quality, as today. It was necessary to listen. And just now I have finished to load all in my computer. Now I have from this concert 50 videos, all photos and audio from the links. And while I downloaded, I listened, listened, not stopping.

It is necessary to open heart to new music. And you will grow fond of it. In fact it is our darling Mika:blush-anim-cl:

Impossible my dear!

I didn't like two of them first, but then I heard them closer and loved them... Have you heard them over and over and over again? If it doesn't work, oh well, they may grow on you later! :

I have no idea. I listened to them once and I I liked them so little, I didn't wish to listen to them again... :boxed:

oh!:

i love them all! :

what can i tell you?

have you listened to them without watching at him? just the songs?

maybe the quality of sound is not perfect..maybe you miss the lyrics...i don't know.

probably in the cd, with all the arragements? maybe you'll change your mind

i'm sorry, how can i convince you?:

I tried. I think the sound quality surely affects it and the fact the arrangement was VERY VERY basic to me..

mind you, I have heard other songs in acoustic/studio version (..) and they sound ALL GREAT to me.. I dunno what to say.. these new songs melodies sound so repetitive and so flat IMO..

Hey Avoca,

well, I looove TB and GGG but I really am not a fan of the BIOTG (clapping song) but I imagine it will grow on me! Also, as Robertina said, I think they'll all sound quite different on the album - you know, fully produced and maybe arranged differently.

I can understand you feeling depressed because like us all, you had high hopes, and now you're wondering if you lost what you felt....but remember, these are only a small number of songs..and on twitter he mentioned that he was scrapping things and changing things for the album versions! :

I'm crossing my fingers for that. I did love the songs presented in the new music clips and one of them was played at the gig too. perhaps it doesn't benefit of the acoustic version, perhaps in the video I have heard the only bit of it I like. I dunno, I can't tell. I need to digest my 1st impression and understand if it's my real opinion about it.

lena, I'm trying to get over this and will listen to them soon again. I wanna test my reactions for the 2nd time.

thx for all the kind words, everyone. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by avoca

I have no idea. I listened to them once and I I liked them so little, I didn't wish to listen to them again... :boxed:

I tried. I think the sound quality surely affects it and the fact the arrangement was VERY VERY basic to me..

mind you, I have heard other songs in acoustic/studio version (..) and they sound ALL GREAT to me.. I dunno what to say.. these new songs melodies sound so repetitive and so flat IMO..

I'm crossing my fingers for that. I did love the songs presented in the new music clips and one of them was played at the gig too. perhaps it doesn't benefit of the acoustic version, perhaps in the video I have heard the only bit of it I like. I dunno, I can't tell. I need to digest my 1st impression and understand if it's my real opinion about it.

lena, I'm trying to get over this and will listen to them soon again. I wanna test my reactions for the 2nd time.

It will grow on you I'm sure... You won't resist its charm, believe me:wub2:

Hey Avoca,

I can understand you feeling depressed because like us all, you had high hopes, and now you're wondering if you lost what you felt....but remember, these are only a small number of songs..and on twitter he mentioned that he was scrapping things and changing things for the album versions! :huglove:

Certainly, He has changed sounding for a concert... And He make it meaningly. I at once have understood He will make new songs in other manner of execution. That have not taken advantage and did not begin to distribute ahead of time. Has simplified). But has not spoiled)

Remarkable concert, charm! And how many lovely looks He has distributed!)) and His movements.. mmmm.... That woman in soles to Him is not suitable:thumbdown:

Avoca, don't stress about the new songs. Can I tell you my experience? I've been obsessed about the claping song (Blame it on the girls) since the new music blog, and when I heard it on YT I was really disapointed, but then I realized it sounds really different than it will in the album.I've only listened to the rest of the songs a couple of times, because I don't want to spoil them. So don't worry:thumb_yello:

Another thing that I've been thinking lately is that we are putting to much expectations on this new album, the first one took us by surprise, now we are expecting things to be a certain way, that's simply impossible.I've decided that I'm going to try to relax and see were it goes. I hope it helps.

What, more repetitive and flat than the PDP Rain? :roftl: