2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

I am beginning to think that Mika might take his lyrics seriously:

"Teenage dreams in a teenage circus

Running around like a clown on purpose"

I think after watching tonight's performance with the eye make-up & overalls that there is a chance that Mika will be "dressing up" at each of his performances.

I hope so!

There aren't enough superlatives in creation to say how great this was!

He was amazing, the songs were amazing, the band were amazing, the choir was amazing!

I was standing with Laurel, and the amount of eye contact we kept getting was staggering!!!

Talked to him after and we WILL be getting the clogs we won on Twitter, he does have them, bit of confusion about when that will be though.

I'm sure he meant next month, probably at Bestival, when he said to me, next week!

Unless he's going to do a secret gig, I don't know, SO DON'T QUOTE ME, he totally threw me when he said it!

Random Question : Would you sing Lonely Alcoholic, in a pub?

Answer: What a good idea!

There aren't enough superlatives in creation to say how great this was!

He was amazing, the songs were amazing, the band were amazing, the choir was amazing!

I was standing with Laurel, and the amount of eye contact we kept getting was staggering!!!

Talked to him after and we WILL be getting the clogs we won on Twitter, he does have them, bit of confusion about when that will be though.

I'm sure he meant next month, probably at Bestival, when he said to me, next week!

Unless he's going to do a secret gig, I don't know, SO DON'T QUOTE ME, he totally threw me when he said it!

Random Question : Would you sing Lonely Alcoholic, in a pub?

Answer: What a good idea!

Good for you - you are so lucky to have been there.

From the feel of the room do you think Mika picked up any news fans there?

Did he have everybody in the palm of his hand like it looked on the few vids I have watched?

This has been so exciting - even from a distance.

Good for you - you are so lucky to have been there.

From the feel of the room do you think Mika picked up any news fans there?

Did he have everybody in the palm of his hand like it looked on the few vids I have watched?

This has been so exciting - even from a distance.

Oh yes, I would say that he picked up quite a few, he definitely had everyone in the palm of his hand.

And I forgot to say, I gave him a donkey toy.:naughty:

Oh yes, I would say that he picked up quite a few, he definitely had everyone in the palm of his hand.

And I forgot to say, I gave him a donkey toy.:naughty:

excellent!

You should keep an eye on the look-out for your donkey toy - you never know when & where it might show up.:original::original:

excellent!

You should keep an eye on the look-out for your donkey toy - you never know when & where it might show up.:original::original:

Not holding my breath, my penguin hasn't seen the light of day, since I gave it to him!

I don't know that anyone's commented on this yet, but what is that black tape on Mika's right bicep and shoulder in some of the photos? It all seems to have come off by the later songs, but it's definitely there early on.

I don't know that anyone's commented on this yet, but what is that black tape on Mika's right bicep and shoulder in some of the photos? It all seems to have come off by the later songs, but it's definitely there early on.

I thought it was a piece of confetti. :dunno:

From Twitter:

anniefromisland (obviously his record company!):

Well @mikasounds just killed it! Glitter everwhere, whole stage + backline covered in silver, white dungarees!! http://mypict.me/fYdS

3806420-500x500.jpg

Haha @mikasounds is playing a dustbin on a silver foil stage surrounded by big bouncy silver BALLS http://mypict.me/fYPV

3808779-500x500.jpg

I see some yellow cloth fly up during this video. Were they Sara's boxers? :lmfao:

Yes those would be Sara's boxers :roftl: That was hilarious trying to get them back she asked the guy 'I left a yellow thing on the stage could you get it for me?' and the guy was like no, blah blah blah.. Then the next one she asked if she could haver her yellow boxers back :naughty: Sounded a bit weird at the time.

Yes those would be Sara's boxers :roftl: That was hilarious trying to get them back she asked the guy 'I left a yellow thing on the stage could you get it for me?' and the guy was like no, blah blah blah.. Then the next one she asked if she could haver her yellow boxers back :naughty: Sounded a bit weird at the time.

Go Sara :roftl:

= WAG live from Racha, but really really live, not fixed-up-overdubbed-edited-made-for-TV live. :fangurl:

Pisses me off, excuse me, that he does such an epic first live performance of this song, and clearly the sound on the TV broadcast is running the recorded track along simultaneouslyt too, with the Andrae Crouch choir, not just the people he had on stage.:sneaky2:

= WAG live from Racha, but really really live, not fixed-up-overdubbed-edited-made-for-TV live. :fangurl:

Pisses me off, excuse me, that he does such an epic first live performance of this song, and clearly the sound on the TV broadcast is running the recorded track along simultaneouslyt too, with the Andrae Crouch choir, not just the people he had on stage.:sneaky2:

Phew, I thought I was imagining it :naughty: