2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

Yeah, lovely pic. It's a shame I didn't get to sign the flag at Sadler's Wells. :crybaby: Then again it seems that I and all the others only imagined Sadler's Wells, so it doesn't really matter. :roftl: But wait, if it was a dream then where's Mini Mika?!? :shocked:

Has Mika written that "Wagawagawagawaga Mika" thing? :lmfao:

Edited by Marianne84

Gig over, we went to line up for a meet and greet. Twas really nice, everyone waited for their turn. No pics were allowed with him but he casually chatted with everyone and signed stuff. I told him how I was doing something for the MFC documentary so I asked him if he could say a quick 'The MFC are amazing' so he did.. Well in his words it was more of a 'The MFC are fierce!' then he said how he doesn't go on the MFC and I told him he was missing out then he was like 'no, I'm not' lol. Yeah right!

A MFCer commented upon his answer, saying it likely was another white lie. It definitely was a lie, of course -even if he doesn't often do it himself, he has quite a few spies who do it for him :bond: -. But 'white' ? There is nothing white about it, actually it's quite surprising in Sire's mouth :shocked: , he usually is much more kind and polite than that.

It was probably a clumsy attempt at 'washing his hands' of what happens on the forums. Nice try, Your Majesty, but in the big bad real world, things are a bit more complicated :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

PHOTOS

Enjoy! There's a little bit of nakedness. XD

Congrats, you've just won the understatement of the millenium contest :bow: !

If there had been just a 'little bit' more :

- you would have been told off by the mods for corrupting younger fans' minds :sneaky2: ;

- the pics would have been X-rated :blush-anim-cl: .

Thanks, anyway :huglove: .

Cheers,

Id3

Hi everyone!

I am back from London and I just wanted to let you know that I’m in seventh heaven and stuck on smile mode :pinkbow:

I haven’t read anything about the gig on MFC yet and I am not really good at writing sophisticated reviews, so I’ll try to visually illustrate how I feel after the gig...

After the Berlin gig I was like:swoon: for days because of the kind of intimate atmosphere we had there, and then at Sadlers Wells he took the show to another level – it was an absolutely fantastic, theatrical performance... :wub2:

But this one at the Roundhouse, was just sooo different. :mf_lustslow: He looked and sounded like a confident and mature performer and was in full control from the beginning to the end. As a consequence, the house was rocking from the start :punk:... it was amazing. :fangurl:

His voice was perfect, the sound was perfect and he was feeding the audience from his hands. :bow:

Also, considering that all songs were recorded for i-tunes, he chose the songs in a professional way, leaving out all the technically difficult ones like LJ, TB, OMS and did not play the piano at GK, either. But despite two of my favourite songs missing from the setlist, I did not miss anything at all...The show was technically perfect and I don’t think my experience can ever be topped. But with him, you never know. He keeps perfecting his act and is full of surprises.

After the gig it felt like I was on drugs....:blush-anim-cl:...Very scary.... :teehee:

I seem to be addicted to his shows now and I know I’ll do everything to go to the next one again.:thumb_yello:

Just come back to frane, go to sleep a while;

Thank you for all who helped us ( mods, sara..): we were on front rows anyway.

I'll almost cried with Rain, ( i prefer to WAG), the sound was not perferct but the show: oh my God!!!Yes , some of us thought it was a TV show ...

Oh , i asked Mika if he had takeb dancing lessons , he answered "no" and i explaned to him that he was moving more easily on stage than before, i suppose he was happy.

Oh , and i offered a glass to John , he said "yes" , at midnight, but not WHERE!!!

So , we went back to the hotel after the meet and greet....I suppose he is shy and didn'd dare to remind my proposition?Am i right?:mf_rosetinted:

So gald to meet you again, i suppose i won't go to any "secret" gig ( organisation at last minute is streeful), but if someone has informations , why not...

Kisses to all of you, save money for Australia and south america tour!!!:roftl:

Hi everyone :bye:

I came back from London yesterday, but I had to sleep first before posting a report.

It was just amazing. It was my 4th Mika-gig and one of the best, if you ask me!

We (Celien, Joyce and me) arrived very in London on Friday. We first took some time to see a bit of London and went to the Roundhouse at 3pm. Queueing was very nice ... talking to other MFC members, the cookies and the icecream (we were spoiled by Mika), ... :thumb_yello:

When we've got in, we were on the 4th or 5th row right in front of the piano!

The atmosphere was very good ... I liked WAG live and Doctor John ... but most of all I fell in love with Rain ... it's my new favourite :wub2:. I liked his outfit a lot :mf_lustslow:! His voice was amazing and looked very confident and relaxed!

Afterwards we went to the M&G ... it was very calmed and he came out very quick. It was my second M&G, but I was still very nervous ... :blush-anim-cl: he signed me EP and I asked him when he's coming back to Belgium. He sad "very soon". I hope he does ...

Thanks to Celien I now have I picture from me and Mika ... He's looking so sweet on it ... THANK YOU CELIEN :huglove:

Then we went to our hostel. Yesterday we almost missed our train back ...

I've never done something impulsive and spontaneous, but it was worth it!!! I enjoyed every minute of it!

THANK YOU AGAIN TICKETFAIRY AND EVERYBODY WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!!!

My pics are on their way!

Congrats, you've just won the understatement of the millenium contest :bow: !

If there had been just a 'little bit' more :

- you would have been told off by the mods for corrupting younger fans' minds :sneaky2: ;

- the pics would have been X-rated :blush-anim-cl: .

Thanks, anyway :huglove: .

Cheers,

Id3

Oh dear, how guilty I would feel for corrupting MFCers with a semi-naked Mika. :teehee:

Don't worry, next time I'll only take pictures of him with his clothes on.

Oh, the lies I tell

Oh dear, how guilty I would feel for corrupting MFCers with a semi-naked Mika. :teehee:

Don't worry, next time I'll only take pictures of him with his clothes on.

Oh, the lies I tell

No, love, I was kidding, please, please, please, ignore what I wrote before :emot-sad::tears::crybaby: !

Cheers,

Id3

I'd never forgive myself if I came away from one of his gigs without at least ONE decent naked picture.

I always have a spare battery and SD card, just in case. XD

That's my girl :thumb_yello::wub2: ! Plus, it's easy peasy, he is so generous that he wants his audiences to enjoy :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

That's my girl :thumb_yello::wub2: ! Plus, it's easy peasy, he is so generous that he wants his audiences to enjoy :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Hahaha I guess it's fun for him too - having people scream in a good way when he gets naked.

And you can hope as much as you like.....anyway it was probably reported to Mika that London M&Gs were always crap so he made an effort this time. Obviously moaning works. Gotta continue with a successful formula, you know.

You think Mika's efforts made it less insane? It sounds like it was less people...behaving themselves?

Maybe you can thank Air Canada's ridiculous prices for this one. Seems I always bring the crap luck to London. :naughty:

Also, considering that all songs were recorded for i-tunes, he chose the songs in a professional way, leaving out all the technically difficult ones like LJ, TB, OMS and did not play the piano at GK, either.

I don't think it's a technical issue (per se). This wasn't an acoustic set. I don't think we'll be hearing any of these songs when he does a proper tour to the support the album.

I hope he doesn't abandon the piano altogether and go back to a keyboard when he tours but it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh , and i offered a glass to John , he said "yes" , at midnight, but not WHERE!!!

So , we went back to the hotel after the meet and greet....I suppose he is shy and didn'd dare to remind my proposition?Am i right?:mf_rosetinted:

:shocked:

Maybe next time Lillibet? :das::teehee:

I told him how I was doing something for the MFC documentary so I asked him if he could say a quick 'The MFC are amazing' so he did.. Well in his words it was more of a 'The MFC are fierce!' then he said how he doesn't go on the MFC and I told him he was missing out then he was like 'no, I'm not' lol. Yeah right!

My recollection of this is as follows:

you asked him to say 'The MFC are amazing'.. He took a deep breath and said: "The MFC is ffff.......fierce... but I'm proud of it" and he added later "I don't read it".... and we were all laughing at that in disbelief:naughty:

I was hoping you'd put it on youtube... :wink2:

I mean I might as well be wrong since my head was in the clouds after the gig but I was standing next to you and when he started to say the MFC is ffffff.. I knew it would be something to remember. :teehee:

Yeah and you know, there is no danger of dungarees falling off his ass like his trousers do on stage, post braces era.

And you can hope as much as you like.....anyway it was probably reported to Mika that London M&Gs were always crap so he made an effort this time. Obviously moaning works. Gotta continue with a successful formula, you know.

To be honest, I don't think it was Mika that made any extra effort - the staff were the same as the rest of the venues - in fact one of the security guys was a little bit too loud giving orders around) ... Mika was simply his usual pleasant self - I think this time around it was the quality of people that were in the M&G

:thumb_yello:

it's always the screaming, the pushing, and asking for more that makes it all annoying.. and there was none of that...

also, I noticed more men in the Q and the audience than the other gigs that I have been to (except in Beirut it was filled with families and people of all age groups and genders)

I think there was a big number of men in the audience - most were gay and friendly

To be honest, I don't think it was Mika that made any extra effort - the staff were the same as the rest of the venues - in fact one of the security guys was a little bit too loud giving orders around) ... Mika was simply his usual pleasant self - I think this time around it was the quality of people that were in the M&G

it's always the screaming, the pushing, and asking for more that makes it all annoying.. and there was none of that...

also, I noticed more men in the Q and the audience than the other gigs that I have been to (except in Beirut it was filled with families and people of all age groups and genders)

I think there was a big number of men in the audience - most were gay and friendly

Attn everyone! I was being ironic with my Mika makes more effort comment.

As for the M&G I was pretty much dreading it but it went REALLY well...especially by London standards. We were right at the end of the line because it was a bit crowded towards the front but we were single file along the barrier at the end and there was no pushing or anything. I didn't even realise he was making his way down until he was almost at the end. No screaming or shouting or sounds of commotion, it was really good! I guess it was partly due to the people there, there weren't that manyand everyone seemed nice and calm. There seemed a nice lack of screaming teenagers (not that they're all like that obv. but you know what I mean)

Kinda like when he arrived at the venue. We all saw him walk right infront of where we were all queuing, smile on his face and through the front door and not one person made a move towards him or shouted anything out. We all kinda looked at each other and said, "oh look, Mika's here" and then got on with whatever we were doing :thumb_yello:

Somehow I don't think next time he does a regular tour it'll be like this, I reckon things will be back to the way they were unfortunately....

Edited by -Jennie-

I don't think it's a technical issue (per se). This wasn't an acoustic set. I don't think we'll be hearing any of these songs when he does a proper tour to the support the album.

Yes, I know what you mean. But I always think in a rational way (unlike him:teehee:), so it made sense to me he did not risk playing TB when something went wrong with it on every other night of the tour... I understand, however, it might not have bothered him that much.

I hope he doesn't abandon the piano altogether and go back to a keyboard when he tours but it wouldn't surprise me.

He did have a piano on stage though (and not only for aesthetic purpose or to dance on..:biggrin2: )

Mika was simply his usual pleasant self - I think this time around it was the quality of people that were in the M&G

That's flattering :pinkbow: (:biggrin2:)... and partly agree but it was also the number of people queueing.

Most people in the audience (the i-tunes ticket winners) were non-fans so they wouldn't be queueing for him, whilst the MFCers / other fans were displaying good manners - most of them had already met him, so no first time M&G (:fangurl:) excitement.