2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

If they were thrown at him while the TV crew were filming, I would imagine he was not amused :thumbdown: .

Cheers,

Id3

I threw them onto the stage with the prior consent of his Tour Manager, who thought that the idea posed absolutely no problem, and that it was absolutely ok for us to do this.

I trust that he would have told me not to do it if he had had even the slightest doubt of how Mika would receive the joke, so I am quite certain that you don't need to worry about this :thumb_yello:.

I have asked couple of times & in a couple of different threads here if it was true that a couple of fans were waving white boxer shorts at Mika.

No one replied.

Did that happen?

They actually threw them at him??

Too Funny!:lmfao::woot_jump::clap:

In the end the whole thing went out the window becuase of the chaos that we had before the gig, so we never reached an agreement on when to throw them, and I just improvised and threw them at one point when he was in front of me and he saw me waving them.

They fell on one of the speakers at the front of the stage so he picked them up, and when he saw what they were he threw them at Martin, who had to carry on playing with the things on his arm :lmfao:

After the gig I managed to get one of the stage guys to give them back to me and I offered them to Mika as a present after the gig but he said that they were horrible and that he had no interest in them so he was refusing my gift :lmao:

It was hilarious. Jennie was filming the exchange, and she said "your embarrassment is on camera now" or something like that, to which Mika started laughing his head off :sneaky2:. Quite cruel I found :biggrin2:. I still can't believe that he refuses my presents :roftl:. I guess that he feels like he won't offend me if he does, or hurt my feelings. Or he doesn't care :aah:.

Honestly can't say I saw any being waved in the air, but saw Sara's being thrown, and John bringing them back to her afterwards.

It wasn't John, it was some stage guy :naughty:

It was hilarious. Jennie was filming the exchange, and she said "your embarrassment is on camera now" or something like that, to which Mika started laughing his head off :sneaky2:. Quite cruel I found :biggrin2:. I still can't believe that he refuses my presents :roftl:. I guess that he feels like he won't offend me if he does, or hurt my feelings. Or he doesn't care :aah:.

:roftl: I think I just said something like do you want this (camera) back now that you've just been completely rejected on film? and yeah it brought on a pretty evil laugh hahah. Could you honestly see him accepting them willingly though? I'd be concerned if he did. Yellow's really not his colour anyway...

Sara: :shocked: Are you rejecting my gift?

Mika: ...Yes!

:naughty:

And because of this I was too amused to even bother saying anything to him myself hahah

Edited by -Jennie-

Well I knew it was both of you since I was leaning on you both. :naughty: Suzie, meet Danika. Danika, meet Suzie. :aah:

Oops this isn't Kata, it's bab!:teehee:

Lmao I was trying to remember when Kata was leaning on me:aah: This makes more sense, Babs stop going other people's accounts :original:

:roftl: I think I just said something like do you want this (camera) back now that you've just been completely rejected on film? and yeah it brought on a pretty evil laugh hahah. Could you honestly see him accepting them willingly though? I'd be concerned if he did. Yellow's really not his colour anyway...

Sara: :shocked: Are you rejecting my gift?

Mika: ...Yes!

:naughty:

And because of this I was too amused to even bother saying anything to him myself hahah

Yeah, he DID sound evil didn't he? Hahaha :roftl:, it was really funny. Oh well, they were pretty horrid boxers, yes, but I'm sure that he's gotten far worse gifts over the years :naughty:. AND they had my autograph on them!

I even tried to entice him saying: "look they even have Christine's name on the back" but he didn't bite :aah:

It was lovely to meet you 3 girls in the queue and i hope we can meet again soon, i love the pictures too!! sorry if i asked you not to push at start i was just concerned in case it happened again as it has many times and we get pushed back!! :wink2: Do you know if any were when he was talking to me as i know we were next to eachother in M and G?

Hi :bye: Nice meeting you too! Don't worry abouy it, I totally understand. I didn't mean to push you, but I can understand what you were worried about! During the concert there was a lot of pushing and some fans do ugly things to get close to Mika ...

Great!!! I was next to Katrien who got her ep signed, am i right?

I wonder if any of these were when talking to me too!!Thanks xx

Yeah, you were standing next to me ... I don't know for sure if he's talking to you at this one ... but that one of the first ones I took after his signed my EP.

IMG_1597.jpg

Mika - WAG @ Roundhouse in London 310709

Mika - Big Girl @ Roundhouse in London 310709

Mika - Stuck In The Middle @ Roundhouse in London 310709

Mika - Doctor John @ Roundhouse in London 310709

Great, now I have Doctor John stuck in my head again, I've only just got it out from Friday!

Loving the videos by the way...they're practically from my perspective too so I'm glad I didn't bother with my camera, they'd have been identical :naughty:

After a very long week at work doing 13 hour days (all of which spent on my feet) I was exhuasted by Friday and just could not face hours of queuing and being on my feet for the gig. It seemed unfair for me to ask the Ticket Fairy for a place when I knew someone else would enjoy it more so the plan was for my lovely wife Jules (Blue Eyes) to travel up alone in the moring while I was at work so she could join the the queue nice and early. Then I would meet up with her after the gig so we could travel home together.

I arrived in Camden at 8.30 and went to Bartok which is directly opposite The Roundhouse, ordered a drink, found a lovely comfortable leather chair at the back of the bar and prepared myself for a nice relaxing evening. Within 2 minutes of me sitting down they dimmed the lights and Grace Kelly came on the music systyem and I thought "what a perfect way to spend the evening"

....then Lollipop came on

.....then My Interpretation

....by the time Love Today started I downed my drink and headed over the road with the intention of getting in one way or another, the pull of seeing MIKA live was just too strong. I asked a doorman if there were any standby places left and was met with a very grumpy "NO" so I tried one of his colleagues who had just turned two girls away and got the same response from him. I was just resigning myself to heading back over the road when the head doorperson came out to give her staff some instructions and I thought I'd have one last go. Once she had finished talking, I took her to one side and asked really politely if perhaps any of the competition winners had not turned up, and if there was any chance if I could get in, she apologised but said all of the places had been taken. I told her that my wife was in there and that I had come to collect her but not to worry, I would wait for her outside and I sat down on the step. She must have felt sorry for me as she re-appeared 30 seconds later with a wrist band and lanyard and motioned for me to come in.....I didn't need to be asked twice :biggrin2:

When I entered the gig, 'Blame It On The Girls' was just starting so I had missed the first couple of songs but I wasn't worried about that

...I WAS IN !!!

I went to the side of the stage and could see Jules, Babs, Daz etc in the middle of the front row but decided it would be unfair to try and join them....at 6'2 and size XXL I'm not someone you want to be behind at a gig so I stayed further back and I have to say the perspective of seeing a show from there was really enjoyable, I found I could take in the whole spectacle without all the bumping and jostling. I've been lucky enough to go to quite few of MIKA's gigs over the past 2 and a half years and they have all been special for different reaons but it's funny.....I expected the least from the itunes Festival and yet it delivered so much. MIKA was in outstanding form and the whole feel of the evening was electric. My only regret is that I didn't get to hear 'We Are Golden' live but the rest of the gig more than made up for that disappointment....also, it was safely saved on the Sky+ when we got home anyway.

Guess what, by the end of the gig I had completely forgotten I had blisters, I'm sooooooo glad I decided to blag my way in. As always, the icing on the cake was meeting all the lovely MFCers after the show, who we both think of as friends now (in fact we see more of you guys than we do some of our 'real' friends :wink2:)

The meet and greet was very light hearted and relaxed. We have been very lucky in the past, seeing MIKA at small gigs like Fopp and Concorde2 in Brighton. In those days not many people would stay and talk to him and he was happy to chat at length with anyone who wanted to, we thought those days were long gone, given how successful he has become but Friday night was a nice reminder of how relaxed he used to be with fans after a gig. Not the same obviously but as near as we will ever get to those days again.

Just realised I have been waffling a bit now so I'll stop hogging the computer and let Jules post her thoughts on the evening (she has some nice piccies to post too.....think I'd better leave the camera with her all the time in future)

Roll on the next gigs

Sorry, wasn't paying attention:roftl:

Interesting, he thought someone with that name was on, at that time. Unless they left and took their name off after, possibly.

I have no idea why I quoted you Rose.. can't remember..haha.. no sleep again.

I threw them onto the stage with the prior consent of his Tour Manager, who thought that the idea posed absolutely no problem, and that it was absolutely ok for us to do this.

I trust that he would have told me not to do it if he had had even the slightest doubt of how Mika would receive the joke, so I am quite certain that you don't need to worry about this :thumb_yello:.

In the end the whole thing went out the window becuase of the chaos that we had before the gig, so we never reached an agreement on when to throw them, and I just improvised and threw them at one point when he was in front of me and he saw me waving them.

They fell on one of the speakers at the front of the stage so he picked them up, and when he saw what they were he threw them at Martin, who had to carry on playing with the things on his arm :lmfao:

After the gig I managed to get one of the stage guys to give them back to me and I offered them to Mika as a present after the gig but he said that they were horrible and that he had no interest in them so he was refusing my gift :lmao:

It wasn't John, it was some stage guy :naughty:

Cool beans.. John consented to it....he is such a good sport. and Mika refusing your special thoughtful gift..how rude! Haha!

:thumb_yello: Reliable as always... can't wait to hear your giggles in them... haha.. :naughty: i tell you they're infectious.. most of your vids have them..and it's somewhat comforting...

Edited by nikjass

I am so glad you made it in too, kevin! :thumb_yello:

mika's infectious, eh..? :naughty:

After a very long week at work doing 13 hour days (all of which spent on my feet) I was exhuasted by Friday and just could not face hours of queuing and being on my feet for the gig. It seemed unfair for me to ask the Ticket Fairy for a place when I knew someone else would enjoy it more so the plan was for my lovely wife Jules (Blue Eyes) to travel up alone in the moring while I was at work so she could join the the queue nice and early. Then I would meet up with her after the gig so we could travel home together.

I arrived in Camden at 8.30 and went to Bartok which is directly opposite The Roundhouse, ordered a drink, found a lovely comfortable leather chair at the back of the bar and prepared myself for a nice relaxing evening. Within 2 minutes of me sitting down they dimmed the lights and Grace Kelly came on the music systyem and I thought "what a perfect way to spend the evening"

....then Lollipop came on

.....then My Interpretation

....by the time Love Today started I downed my drink and headed over the road with the intention of getting in one way or another, the pull of seeing MIKA live was just too strong. I asked a doorman if there were any standby places left and was met with a very grumpy "NO" so I tried one of his colleagues who had just turned two girls away and got the same response from him. I was just resigning myself to heading back over the road when the head doorperson came out to give her staff some instructions and I thought I'd have one last go. Once she had finished talking, I took her to one side and asked really politely if perhaps any of the competition winners had not turned up, and if there was any chance if I could get in, she apologised but said all of the places had been taken. I told her that my wife was in there and that I had come to collect her but not to worry, I would wait for her outside and I sat down on the step. She must have felt sorry for me as she re-appeared 30 seconds later with a wrist band and lanyard and motioned for me to come in.....I didn't need to be asked twice :biggrin2:

When I entered the gig, 'Blame It On The Girls' was just starting so I had missed the first couple of songs but I wasn't worried about that

...I WAS IN !!!

I went to the side of the stage and could see Jules, Babs, Daz etc in the middle of the front row but decided it would be unfair to try and join them....at 6'2 and size XXL I'm not someone you want to be behind at a gig so I stayed further back and I have to say the perspective of seeing a show from there was really enjoyable, I found I could take in the whole spectacle without all the bumping and jostling. I've been lucky enough to go to quite few of MIKA's gigs over the past 2 and a half years and they have all been special for different reaons but it's funny.....I expected the least from the itunes Festival and yet it delivered so much. MIKA was in outstanding form and the whole feel of the evening was electric. My only regret is that I didn't get to hear 'We Are Golden' live but the rest of the gig more than made up for that disappointment....also, it was safely saved on the Sky+ when we got home anyway.

Guess what, by the end of the gig I had completely forgotten I had blisters, I'm sooooooo glad I decided to blag my way in. As always, the icing on the cake was meeting all the lovely MFCers after the show, who we both think of as friends now (in fact we see more of you guys than we do some of our 'real' friends :wink2:)

The meet and greet was very light hearted and relaxed. We have been very lucky in the past, seeing MIKA at small gigs like Fopp and Concorde2 in Brighton. In those days not many people would stay and talk to him and he was happy to chat at length with anyone who wanted to, we thought those days were long gone, given how successful he has become but Friday night was a nice reminder of how relaxed he used to be with fans after a gig. Not the same obviously but as near as we will ever get to those days again.

Just realised I have been waffling a bit now so I'll stop hogging the computer and let Jules post her thoughts on the evening (she has some nice piccies to post too.....think I'd better leave the camera with her all the time in future)

Roll on the next gigs

Yeah, he DID sound evil didn't he? Hahaha :roftl:, it was really funny. Oh well, they were pretty horrid boxers, yes, but I'm sure that he's gotten far worse gifts over the years :naughty:. AND they had my autograph on them!

I even tried to entice him saying: "look they even have Christine's name on the back" but he didn't bite :aah:

You shouldn't moan at least he has taken some of your offerings.

Yeah I am always up for the Racha after party. :

next time you're in London we will party the night away..

And re the Racha afterparty I was also annoyed to miss it but I had to get home as I had absolutely NO energy left and had felt sick all day :boxed: but I would have loved to be there with everyone.

yes! now we're talking... :wink2::thumb_yello:

we both live now in the same city... no excuses... and I promise you, we will get lost in the "safe" side of the city this time :roftl:

we partied till quiet late .. and I had to wake up very early the next morning to go to Brighton's pride...

I think I slept like a baby last night...

Yep, the same in Berlin. Perhaps that's why the queue and the audience were quieter.

I think next time he should play somewhere in Le marais or soho - THAT WOULD BE A MONUMENTAL gig... especially if he pulled some of those moves in his director's cut WAG...:naughty:

THAT will insure more friendly men in Q

Ok, another video up...I filmed everything so it will take a while before they all come up, so I will just update as I go along. So far I have:

WAG:

Stuck In The Middle (also known as My Interpretation in Silver & Racha land coming up now

lovely videos.. thanks sara

I think it was Laurel and me that were confused :naughty:.. Silver remembered the correct name of the song

Count me in please I would love to party with you Racha!

YAY!!!!:wub2:

that's it... am writing down the party guest list :naughty:

next time everyone plans a sleepover in London - not that many of you will end up sleeping...

May I borrow your gaydar ? Please !

Mine has never worked properly and it can lead to most embarrassing situations

Cheers,

Id3

Oh dear! I thought you already have a boyfriend...

but hey, my gaydar works almost 100% - I can even detect the in the closet married to a women types

:roftl:

if that doesn;t work... I can always introduce you to one of my friends... they didn't nickname me the "the godmother fruit fly" for nothing :roftl:

I agree, it makes a lot of difference not having ppl screaming nonsense at him etc...and pushing, shoving and stuff.. but I think it was also because Mika was much more relaxed, unlike at the Sadler's Wells gig and from what I can remember of Brixton (not at the after party) he is always rushing.. it's especially clear at the sadler's wells gig cause of one of the videos on youtube.. he specifically said no autographs, just handshakes..until Daz managed to persuade him.. even then he was rushing through the line, until he eases out a bit...

yea.. I agree with your point... wasn't at the sadler's wells... but if it was half of what brixton was then I can imagine how it was...

next time I meet Mika, can someone please snap a picture of me with him - or a video - or anything.. I have met him 5 times already and have nothing - nada- zilch - zero pictures (just one taken with me in the background - but that doesn't really count) - and one video with my horrible squeaky voice saying am from Lebanon...

don't want him to stop the q or delay the whole meet and greet process - I have total respect why he declined taking a picture with me... but next time a candid video shot would have made me just as happy... that way he is happy not posing for a picture... and I can finally show my friends that I have indeed seen mika... :roftl:

Stop giggling, will you :sneaky2: !

Gay men can be so manly and straight guys so fruity... how on earth can you tell which way a man sails :confused::dunno: ?

So you don't want to lend your gaydar to me :tears: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Funny that reminds me of something my friend once said to me, while we were walking in Cardiff one night. A few drunken men were walking ahead of us, and he said, "why do straight men act so camp, when they're drunk?"

He's not wrong!:naughty:

Sorry back on topic now.

Funny that reminds me of something my friend once said to me, while we were walking in Cardiff one night. A few drunken men were walking ahead of us, and he said, "why do straight men act so camp, when they're drunk?"

He's not wrong!:naughty:

Sorry back on topic now.

I know !

Cheers,

Id3

I think next time he should play somewhere in Le marais or soho - THAT WOULD BE A MONUMENTAL gig... especially if he pulled some of those moves in his director's cut WAG...:naughty:

Oh dear! I thought you already have a boyfriend...

but hey, my gaydar works almost 100% - I can even detect the in the closet married to a women types

if that doesn;t work... I can always introduce you to one of my friends... they didn't nickname me the "the godmother fruit fly" for nothing :roftl:

They would love him in Le Marais, but there no club would be big enough for him now.

So what :wink2::rolleyes: ?

OMG ! You are the King of queens :bow: ! You're not boasting, are you :sneaky2: ?

Nah, thanks, it's just that a gaydar helps not hitting on fruity guys who turn out to be ramrod straight or, even worse, poof bashers ; my nose is longish, I don't want it to be broken into the bargain :no: ... But it was a sweet offer to make :huglove: .

Cheers,

Id3

Edited by identicaltwin3

** Reminder **

this is a gig thread, let's keep chitchat to a minimum please! :wink2:

thank you!

Oups! sorry Guy... you know oldlings tend to forget and talk a lot... although we are not talking about things that are too far from the gig subject... :naughty:

I was referring to the new target audience noticed in the theatre :naughty:

So what :wink2::rolleyes: ?

OMG ! You are the King of queens :bow: ! You're not boasting, are you :sneaky2: ?

Nah, thanks, it's just that a gaydar helps not hitting on fruity guys who turn out to be ramrod straight or, even worse, poof bashers ; my nose is longishI don't want it to be broken into the bargain :no: ... But it was a sweet offer to make :huglove: .

Cheers,

Id3

Oh, oh well - I don't know what type of relationship you have - not all gay men I know live a promiscuous life or have an "open" relationship - so I rarely assume anything... to each his own - enjoy it ....

no am not boasting :wink2:... anyhoo... this is the MFC (very PG friendly forum) and this thread is a gig one - so to avoid having Guy shoot me soon I will wish you the best of luck in your future and give you a vistual hug :naughty:

Hi :bye: Nice meeting you too! Don't worry abouy it, I totally understand. I didn't mean to push you, but I can understand what you were worried about! During the concert there was a lot of pushing and some fans do ugly things to get close to Mika ...

Yeah, you were standing next to me ... I don't know for sure if he's talking to you at this one ... but that one of the first ones I took after his signed my EP.

IMG_1597.jpg

Thank you so much.:wub2:

This was a great meeitng with Mika but as you know sometimes they get quite fraught! you were lovely :wink2:

YAY!!!!:wub2:

that's it... am writing down the party guest list :naughty:

next time everyone plans a sleepover in London - not that many of you will end up sleeping...

next time I meet Mika, can someone please snap a picture of me with him - or a video - or anything.. I have met him 5 times already and have nothing - nada- zilch - zero pictures (just one taken with me in the background - but that doesn't really count) - and one video with my horrible squeaky voice saying am from Lebanon...

don't want him to stop the q or delay the whole meet and greet process - I have total respect why he declined taking a picture with me... but next time a candid video shot would have made me just as happy... that way he is happy not posing for a picture... and I can finally show my friends that I have indeed seen mika... :roftl:

I thought i just posted my reply but don't see it??:aah:

anyway i was saying that i was very happy to take a video of you next time, please only ask, i wish i had of the tattoo artist but i got pics anyway!:wub2:

Glad you got to Brighton too!!