2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

It’s been lovely to read and look at all the videos, thank you all so much!:wub2:

I felt sorry for Mika because of the failed stage invasion!

He's standing there waving and waving :bye: during Lollipop and is trying to get you up on stage... but nothing, until he got a grip on Olga and pulled her up… what happened? Details please!:naughty:

Was the barrier really that high? How high?

Just asking because at Sadler's wells the stage was, imo really high and that didn’t seem to stop anybody….. only me.:blush-anim-cl:

It’s been lovely to read and look at all the videos, thank you all so much!:wub2:

He's standing there waving and waving :bye: during Lollipop and is trying to get you up on stage... but nothing, until he got a grip on Olga and pulled her up… what happened? Details please!:naughty:

Just asking because at Sadler's wells the stage was, imo really high and that didn’t seem to stop anybody….. only me.:blush-anim-cl:

and me :teehee:

ive tryed so hard to get my itunes and m&g pics on here :aah: i give up!!!!!!! :boxed: if you want to see them and your on facebook just add me and say ur off mfc :naughty: as most of my friends are off mfc anyway :roftl: got some really nice ones :thumb_yello: katie 'mika' perrett is my name on fb xx

I think people hesitated because A) the barrier was really high and B) the first of us who went over were dragged away by security :aah:

Just asking because at Sadler's wells the stage was, imo really high and that didn’t seem to stop anybody….. only me.

I think people hesitated because A) the barrier was really high and B) the first of us who went over were dragged away by security :aah:

Yeah, he was really trying :biggrin2:, but it was just the wrong setting.

It's basically what Kata said. The crowd (at least on my side!) was a bit wild, I had had to push the guy on my left with my thigh for the duration of the whole gig in order to keep my position, and we'd had a lot of pushing throughout, which went mental with the balloons for Lollipop, so it was just too chaotic when he started waving at us to get up there.

On top of it, the barrier in front of us was high, there were railings with the tv cameras in front of that, and security were VERY opposed to the idea of people jumping- I saw Kata and another girl being literally caught in the air the second they jumped, and being taken out to the side, so I figured I'd have zero chances of going on stage unless I punched them out of my way :lmfao:

Also, the way the barrier was set up, if I had jumped it, I would have broken my face for sure because I was standing in the joining point of the 2 barriers and I had no way to get over the thing without hurting myself, so the conclusion was that it was a stupid idea to go up there. I've been doing a lot of stage invading this summer during the acoustic gigs as you know, but this time it just wasn't right, and I actually felt annoyed with him that he was trying to encourage it, when it would be a potentially dangerous situation for us.

After Kata and someone else were taken away by security, this is when Mika beckoned for Olga to go, and this time they let her on stage, but this was towards the end of the song already.

Also, the way the barrier was set up, if I had jumped it, I would have broken my face for sure

It was possible to jump the barrier if you were given a helping hand (like the enthusiastic Mika fan in front of me was:biggrin2:) but rather discouraging as she was taken away immediately...:blink:...

However, it did not stop Mika waving at us to come up, though..:teehee:..

probably the ones in the 3rd row or so did not see the fate of the bravest one (:naughty:) so they kept pushing to get near the barrier and I really feared for my safety:shocked:

I personally think Mika should give up on the idea of the stage invasion unless the circumstances are absolutely perfect and there are no barriers at all.. I can see it easily leading to tragedy or at least full chaos..:sneaky2:...

It was possible to jump the barrier if you were given a helping hand (like the enthusiastic Mika fan in front of me was:biggrin2:) but rather discouraging as she was taken away immediately...:blink:...

However, it did not stop Mika waving at us to come up, though..:teehee:..

probably the ones in the 3rd row or so did not see the fate of the bravest one (:naughty:) so they kept pushing to get near the barrier and I really feared for my safety:shocked:

I personally think Mika should give up on the idea of the stage invasion unless the circumstances are absolutely perfect and there are no barriers at all.. I can see it easily leading to tragedy or at least full chaos..:sneaky2:...

I've been saying this all along, one day someone is going to get hurt.

If he wants to do something like this, then organise it properly and have fans come on at the end from the side, then no one gets hurt.

May sound boring and unspontaneous, but at least everyones safe.

If he wants to do something like this, then organise it properly and have fans come on at the end from the side, then no one gets hurt.

I evidently didn't care much about my own safety, but I was quite scared to land directly on the cute paparazzi in front of me if I had just tried to jump directly over, that's why I went backwards and got caught :sneaky2: I am afraid it will eventually end in disaster if he keeps going on, cause sooner or later someone will go head first over and hurt either themselves or whoever happens to be in the way :boxed:

Completely agree ... I've lost count the number of times I've seen crowd surfers at festivals come over those barriers so fast the stewards haven't caught them - or are dealing with someone else ... and gone smack down onto the metal bit at the front ... scary sight I can tell you ..... :(

I strongly agree with the invasion concern.. I remember in Brussels how he just pulled up someone (I think Olga?), poor woman smacked against the stage! :shocked: And those circumstances were pretty good!

I really don't want to be afraid of getting hurt because of people behind me wanna go on stage whilst I don't need that...:blink: (+ no, I don't want to stand further back then :teehee:)

I don't think stage invasions are that bad what safety concerns, most Mika fans are more careful, female (:teehee:) and social than for instance fans of a rock band. I've once been in a mosh pit during a Foo Fighters gig, surrounded by 45 yo drunk men who are pushing everything that's on their way and moving their arms around like a helicopter, that's when it really gets scary.:naughty:

Hello everybody! Back from London!!

I spent the whole afternoon saving and uploading the pics so I'm not too keen on writing a report, I guess Emerald already wrote everything:naughty:

Just let me thank Deb and the mods: great work, everything went smooth and great!:cheerful_h4h:

Oh, I'm still uploading the videos, but in the meanwhile here's the new song, Dr John:

(sorry for the blurriness, but the lens got too steamy:biggrin2:)

Teasers:

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

FULL SIZE AND 86 MORE HERE.

It's basically what Kata said. The crowd (at least on my side!) was a bit wild, I had had to push the guy on my left with my thigh for the duration of the whole gig in order to keep my position, and we'd had a lot of pushing throughout, which went mental with the balloons for Lollipop, so it was just too chaotic when he started waving at us to get up there.

On top of it, the barrier in front of us was high, there were railings with the tv cameras in front of that, and security were VERY opposed to the idea of people jumping- I saw Kata and another girl being literally caught in the air the second they jumped, and being taken out to the side, so I figured I'd have zero chances of going on stage unless I punched them out of my way :lmfao:

Also, the way the barrier was set up, if I had jumped it, I would have broken my face for sure because I was standing in the joining point of the 2 barriers and I had no way to get over the thing without hurting myself, so the conclusion was that it was a stupid idea to go up there. I've been doing a lot of stage invading this summer during the acoustic gigs as you know, but this time it just wasn't right, and I actually felt annoyed with him that he was trying to encourage it, when it would be a potentially dangerous situation for us.

After Kata and someone else were taken away by security, this is when Mika beckoned for Olga to go, and this time they let her on stage, but this was towards the end of the song already.

Thank you for the explanation, I know only a really big obstacle would prevent all of you to get on stage!:naughty:

And Suzie, Rose, Kata, Droopsy and Laurel, I agree, step stools or a cute little ladder would come on handy next time! :teehee: Mika is really tall himself, I guess he would be able to climb easily and he doesn’t realise how hard it is for shorter people.:roftl:

..oh, and someone else I saw the day after :teehee::

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

I know, completely off-topic, but forgive this one time :blush-anim-cl:

Why is this bloke sulking :confused:? Has anybody just insulted him :shocked: ? Bet you there is no 'Smiling pics thread' on his FC forum :naughty: ...

But at least HE doesn't shave his chest :sneaky2: .

Cheers,

Id3

Why is this bloke sulking :confused:? Has anybody just insulted him :shocked: ? Bet you there is no 'Smiling pics thread' on his FC forum :naughty: ...

But at least HE doesn't shave his chest :sneaky2: .

Cheers,

Id3

:lmfao: Jude Law ... happy bloke that he is .... :roftl:

:lmfao: Jude Law ... happy bloke that he is .... :roftl:

I saw Jude Law a few months ago, he was walking down the street on his phone to someone and I just smiled at him as he walked past and he waved and mouthed 'hello!' as he went by :naughty: