2009 - Mika @ Bestival, Isle of Wight, UK - 12 Sept - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes he DID cos he had make up as well last night which made it difficult to see his eyes, this was much better than last Fridays facial decorations etc but I too prefer his face naked. :teehee:

yeah it was difficult to see whether he was giving eye contact or not! I couldn't even distinguish his eyes at first at Popstarz :aah:

Sariflor, I notice in your signature the line:

"I have bitched about this man for the last year & he hasn't even noticed yet."

Who is mika referring to?

Thanks.

Tommy Mottola. He's referring to the Billy Brown story he used to repeat at gigs where Tommy Mottola said that Wal Mart wouldn't stock the album because of it.

:naughty: i think it looks really good, but i prefer my mika "au naturel" :teehee:

Yes I realise what you mean, but I think it's good that he feels he can try different appearances for different performances. Popstars who appear to be in a time warp because they look the same all the time, get boring, and I don't think they last as long. I think Mika won't always wear the facial jewels. He will dress according to the place he's performing at, but I also think that his dress sense, and now his facial adornments, keep him exciting and will give us something to talk about after each gig/festival

Sariflor, I notice in your signature the line:

"I have bitched about this man for the last year & he hasn't even noticed yet."

Who is mika referring to?

Thanks.

I never noticed that in her signature - thanks for drawing my attention to it:biggrin2:

Tommy Mottola. He's referring to the Billy Brown story he used to repeat at gigs where Tommy Mottola said that Wal Mart wouldn't stock the album because of it.

...Mika obviously thinks it sounds rebellious to keep telling these stories about his record label boss ( there is another comment on him in a recent interview, too), but I wonder how much he is aware that he is playing with fire. :cool:

Thank you Christine!

I tried searching around for some info on it & couldn't find anything.

Cheers!

Bestival are pleased to welcome the Grammy nominated, Brit Award winning pop phenomenon that is Mika for a UK festival exclusive performance.

The Lebanese born, pop wunderkind exploded onto the scene in 2007 with his audacious debut album ‘Life in Cartoon* Motion’, a record that ripped up the pop rule book, taking in influences as diverse as Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Bowie, Prince and The Scissor Sisters and coupling them with Mika’s classically trained background it went on to take the world by storm with it’s unique inventiveness and joyously unabashed sense of fun, while debut single ‘Grace Kelly’ smashed it’s way to number 1 in the UK charts giving the musical landscape a much needed injection of high-camp glitz and glamour.

2009 sees Mika return with a vengeance with a new e.p. and an album later in the year backed by his only UK festival appearance at Bestival 2009.*

http://www.mikasounds.com