REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23-AUG-2010

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that´s exactly what i´m afraid of.... and now mika says he´s going to do a more easy album... more music to dance.... MORE SCREAMING TEENAGERS!!!!!! i´m about to die....:boxed: i would love him to realease an album with songs like toyboy or dr.john... so the yellings girls would run away!! :aah:.. ok,off topic,sorry....:blush-anim-cl:

I'm with you! OT closed, sorry :teehee:

Yeah I saw that, but it didn't seem to work for me, I got a white screen, does it work for you?

Anyways, I used some little tools :mf_rosetinted: And I finally got the pictures :teehee: So if there's anyone who has the same problem I had, here is the link that does work:

http://musique.premiere.fr/Photos-Musique/PHOTOS-Mika-etait-en-concert-hier-a-Edimbourg/(gid)/35277841

Mika_diaporama.jpg

Mika_diaporama.jpg

Yeah I saw that, but it didn't seem to work for me, I got a white screen, does it work for you?

Anyways, I used some little tools :mf_rosetinted: And I finally got the pictures :teehee: So if there's anyone who has the same problem I had, here is the link that does work:

http://musique.premiere.fr/Photos-Musique/PHOTOS-Mika-etait-en-concert-hier-a-Edimbourg/(gid)/35277841

Mika_diaporama.jpg

Mika_diaporama.jpg

Thanks, Droopsy! :thumb_yello:

Mika_diaporama.jpg

Mika_diaporama.jpg

I love your little tools :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

*saves pic* :teehee:

AAAAND finally the last part :aah:

Thank you so much for the pics i am the BG on stage. It was an amazing night.xxx

watermark

watermark

Who was on stage?

Me and my sister shoni were on stage it was the best night ever. :naughty:

I love your little tools :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

*saves pic* :teehee:

Who was on stage?

I'm not sure of all of them- Mrs P took ages trying to find people who hadn't done it before, though she rejected me instantly, saying she only wanted younglings as the stage was small and dangerous (which IMO is a good reason for NOT wanting younglings anywhere near it :naughty:) Shoni and Anjibaby were the two main big girls though (she liked the idea of twins, apparantly) and Gayvid, Luke and Sheena's son were carriers, I think.

It was really good though- I was right at the front, but out to the side (Martin's side, for once) I loved seeing all the stuff I'd heard so much about- Kick Ass, shooting the band, the big puppet, the sunflowers and Eden set, and Mika himself was really lovely, though I thought he seemed a bit tired. (Other people were saying it was one of his best though, so :dunno:) It was even good to finally see the red and white stripey teeshirt live, though I do hope he goes back to wearing different clothes- whenever the THIRD album finally arrives. Sigh.

I enjoyed meeting Enigma in the queue, and Sharonkitten, TeaTel21(?- Ruth, anyway) shoni and angibaby. And there were a couple of rare special guests- Wendi and Deb. We were all good and wet and freezing by the time we got in- solid rain for a good hour or two after sustained drizzle, but they were very organised with the queue, though some had little faith, as instead of the usual (repeated?) getting in order outside, the security people (rather shouty but OK) simply loaded all numbered people into the foyer then called the numbers one by on in order. I even managed to go to the loo on the way in AND at the interval and still get front row! Now that's what I call classs (oldling style)

Now I'll see if my pics (hopefully) look better on a bigger screen- they're not that good though- I could see Deb next to me taking much better ones- but then, I could tell she actually knew how to work her camera

Oh, and we did all the stuff with the goodie bags, though the best reaction was from the band- when we got the party hooter thingies out for Mika's world's best ever trumpet solo :roll1:

As for the meet and greet, much as I enjoyed the debate earlier in this thread about the effect of lots of screaming young fans- it was very quiet and sedate, no screaming, not much pushing (though as usual, we got into single file then had latecomers stand in front, at least where I was.) He kept moving so fast I couldn't even get a photo of him and there wasn't much eye contact going- he was just obviously in a tearing hurry

Once he'd gone, security tried to move us along, but as we all felt we might not see each other again for ages, and kept remembering people to say goodbye to, they gave up in the end

AND- call me evil if you like- I really like the fact that for once I'm nearly first home, with all the southerners probably still on the train or in the car

Edited by Soaring Simpson

i hope so too.... but he´s getting more and more fans.... and most of them (at last here in spain) are screaming and yelling teenagers....:sneaky2: jumping around him.... i´m praying for this not to become into a "tokio-hotel"ish phenomenon... :boxed:

Noooo por Dios!! Eso nunca No never, never :shocked:

Originally Posted by basicamenteyo View Post

i hope so too.... but he´s getting more and more fans.... and most of them (at last here in spain) are screaming and yelling teenagers.... jumping around him.... i´m praying for this not to become into a "tokio-hotel"ish phenomenon...

Noooo por Dios!! Eso nunca No never, never :shocked:

I love how people always refer to Tokio Hotel fans, when it comes to crazy.

I'm a Tokio Hotel fan myself (yeah:fisch::teehee:) and I feel, that it will never be like that with Mika's fandom and I'm really sure about it. I wouldn't even want this myself.

watermark

wow, that looks tiny! :shocked: don't know why, but i always thought this was a huge festival! :blink: was it a mika only gig then, no other bands? :blink:

Yes- though with Pearl and the puppets in support.

And it was a small place- Edinburgh Festival is huge- but it's a lot of small things at the same time rather than huge venues. There were loads of comedians in small venues, plays, opera, ballet (probably pretty big venues, though not arenas, obviously), talks from literary writers, art exhibitions, loads and loads.

Yet it's really huge- for example, it's one of the UK's two biggest book festivals, but I didn't even know it was on untill I got talkikng to someone on the train back, the books were lost among all the other stuff