REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23-AUG-2010

lollipop_monkey

I love how people always refer to Tokio Hotel fans, when it comes to crazy.

I'm a Tokio Hotel fan myself (yeah:fisch::teehee:) and I feel, that it will never be like that with Mika's fandom and I'm really sure about it. I wouldn't even want this myself.

i really hope you're right... i especially wouldn't like the queuing 2 days in advance. :fisch: it's already getting worse and worse at mika's gigs - in helsinki there were even 5 people camping from 4pm the day before. :boxed:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of all of them- Mrs P took ages trying to find people who hadn't done it before, though she rejected me instantly, saying she only wanted younglings as the stage was small and dangerous (which IMO is a good reason for NOT wanting younglings anywhere near it :naughty:) Shoni and Anjibaby were the two main big girls though (she liked the idea of twins, apparantly) and Gayvid, Luke and Sheena's son were carriers, I think.

It was really good though- I was right at the front, but out to the side (Martin's side, for once) I loved seeing all the stuff I'd heard so much about- Kick Ass, shooting the band, the big puppet, the sunflowers and Eden set, and Mika himself was really lovely, though I thought he seemed a bit tired. (Other people were saying it was one of his best though, so :dunno:) It was even good to finally see the red and white stripey teeshirt live, though I do hope he goes back to wearing different clothes- whenever the THIRD album finally arrives. Sigh.

I enjoyed meeting Enigma in the queue, and Sharonkitten, TeaTel21(?- Ruth, anyway) shoni and angibaby. And there were a couple of rare special guests- Wendi and Deb. We were all good and wet and freezing by the time we got in- solid rain for a good hour or two after sustained drizzle, but they were very organised with the queue, though some had little faith, as instead of the usual (repeated?) getting in order outside, the security people (rather shouty but OK) simply loaded all numbered people into the foyer then called the numbers one by on in order. I even managed to go to the loo on the way in AND at the interval and still get front row! Now that's what I call classs (oldling style)

Now I'll see if my pics (hopefully) look better on a bigger screen- they're not that good though- I could see Deb next to me taking much better ones- but then, I could tell she actually knew how to work her camera

Oh, and we did all the stuff with the goodie bags, though the best reaction was from the band- when we got the party hooter thingies out for Mika's world's best ever trumpet solo :roll1:

As for the meet and greet, much as I enjoyed the debate earlier in this thread about the effect of lots of screaming young fans- it was very quiet and sedate, no screaming, not much pushing (though as usual, we got into single file then had latecomers stand in front, at least where I was.) He kept moving so fast I couldn't even get a photo of him and there wasn't much eye contact going- he was just obviously in a tearing hurry

Once he'd gone, security tried to move us along, but as we all felt we might not see each other again for ages, and kept remembering people to say goodbye to, they gave up in the end

AND- call me evil if you like- I really like the fact that for once I'm nearly first home, with all the southerners probably still on the train or in the car

:teehee: Actually, I got home at 11:30 this morning, but only because Danika, Bab and I drove off when we left the venue at around midnight (via a quick kebab stop, to a place recommended by Sunshine -who, incidentally, called Bab a bitch when he was offering her a hug and she said that she wasn't looking for a hug, but for directions to a kebab place nearby :lmfao:) and came back straight to London :naughty:.

It was a slow drive (as in,with a few "rest" stops) but Bab is a legend and she got us to London by 10 or so. Now I am probably feeling more jetlagged than Deb, due to my severe lack of sleep :roftl:, but I don't know if I will manage to get any before tonight. The things we do!

Anyway, it was a great gig. We got a great spot centered slightly towards Jimma, and the gig had a great atmosphere. I also had a lot of fun during the day, meeting a few new faces, and meeting again with some people who I hadn't seen in a long time, even managing some quality time with some of them.

We had a special "comedy" act provided by Cameron, Sheena's son, who kept us laughing for hours with his prancing around playing with a balloon, and David's "Gayman" impersonation that was also cracking me up.

Despite the crap weather, it was a really nice day.

I did find that Mika seemed tired during the gig, but he still gave it his all, as usual. He seemed in a good mood, and like he was enjoying it. At one point he was really cute, because he made a comment that I can't recall now, I think that he was asking what we were saying, and he looked in our direction (although we weren't saying anything) so I shouted out "you're hearing voices in your head!", but he understood it wrong :roftl:. So he started looking really confused and looking at me like wtf, and then he goes: "did you say 'you really need to fix your hair'???" and he started plumping up his hair :lmfao: in this really funny way.

It was very endearing, I found. Cute. Of course, that was not what I was telling him, but hey.

Anyway the gig was super high energy as usual, and I just can't get enough of some songs like Rain, Kick Ass, WAG....They always make me jump and go mad, no matter how many times I've heard them before! And you can just tell that Mika enjoys them too, because he gets so into it.

He did a few cute new dance moves, and he just basically goofed around randomly every now and then. It was a good venue, as in, the stage was nice an low, and the barrier very close. There was a nice vibe flowing between the stage and the audience. His voice has been better on other occasions,but it was perfectly ok. Just maybe a little tired and not at his prime, but because his prime is very freaking high, it means that when he's not on his 100%, he is still far ahead from your average singer anyway.

I must say that I was happy with the security people at the venue. They were efficient, and very anal about following the numbers system properly once they were briefed on how crucial it was that we did go into the venue in the order that we had arrived in (numbered) :fisch: Of course John was, as usual, our hero, but that is just standard nowadays and goes without saying.

They cleared the room very fast after the gig (someone had told us earlier that they were meant to have a 10.30 curfew) and we were lined up outside.

Mika did seem tired, and the line was quite long, so he didn't spend ages chatting to people,but it was enough to say hi, and have a little chat. I loved his trousers, and his outfit in general. He seemed happy and in a good mood.

When we were talking to him and I think Danika had said something about him not coming back until the third album, I told him that that sucked, and if that was actually really the case, and he said "oh,I always end up doing something anyway" so I figured that it might not be that long until he actually does a gig anyway :roftl:.

I know that he said something about 6 months time,but I reckon that there might be more, once he gets back home and into a routine, and he starts missing performing. At least, I hope :naughty:.

Anyway, I'm very tired so I think that this will have to do for now. I filmed a few songs so I will upload them as soon as I can. It was a very nice day/evening and I'm very glad that I got to finish the tour like this, and to spend time with some nice people.

Edited by sariflor

When we were talking to him and I think Danika had said something about him not coming back until the third album, I told him that that sucked, and if that was actually really the case, and he said "oh,I always end up doing something anyway" so I figured that it might not be that long until he actually does a gig anyway :roftl:.

Oh Gosh...I REALLY hope too!

Thanks for the report Sara :thumb_yello:

LOL about the fixing hair part :roftl:

:teehee: Actually, I got home at 11:30 this morning, but only because Danika, Bab and I drove off when we left the venue at around midnight (via a quick kebab stop, to a place recommended by Sunshine -who, incidentally, called Bab a bitch when he was offering her a hug and she said that she wasn't looking for a hug, but for directions to a kebab place nearby :lmfao:) and came back straight to London :naughty:.

It was a slow drive (as in,with a few "rest" stops) but Bab is a legend and she got us to London by 10 or so. Now I am probably feeling more jetlagged than Deb, due to my severe lack of sleep :roftl:, but I don't know if I will manage to get any before tonight. The things we do!

Anyway, it was a great gig. We got a great spot centered slightly towards Jimma, and the gig had a great atmosphere. I also had a lot of fun during the day, meeting a few new faces, and meeting again with some people who I hadn't seen in a long time, even managing some quality time with some of them.

We had a special "comedy" act provided by Cameron, Sheena's son, who kept us laughing for hours with his prancing around playing with a balloon, and David's "Gayman" impersonation that was also cracking me up.

Despite the crap weather, it was a really nice day.

I did find that Mika seemed tired during the gig, but he still gave it his all, as usual. He seemed in a good mood, and like he was enjoying it. At one point he was really cute, because he made a comment that I can't recall now, I think that he was asking what we were saying, and he looked in our direction (although we weren't saying anything) so I shouted out "you're hearing voices in your head!", but he understood it wrong :roftl:. So he started looking really confused and looking at me like wtf, and then he goes: "did you say 'you really need to fix your hair'???" and he started plumping up his hair :lmfao: in this really funny way.

It was very endearing, I found. Cute. Of course, that was not what I was telling him, but hey.

Anyway the gig was super high energy as usual, and I just can't get enough of some songs like Rain, Kick Ass, WAG....They always make me jump and go mad, no matter how many times I've heard them before! And you can just tell that Mika enjoys them too, because he gets so into it.

He did a few cute new dance moves, and he just basically goofed around randomly every now and then. It was a good venue, as in, the stage was nice an low, and the barrier very close. There was a nice vibe flowing between the stage and the audience. His voice has been better on other occasions,but it was perfectly ok. Just maybe a little tired and not at his prime, but because his prime is very freaking high, it means that when he's not on his 100%, he is still far ahead from your average singer anyway.

I must say that I was happy with the security people at the venue. They were efficient, and very anal about following the numbers system properly once they were briefed on how crucial it was that we did go into the venue in the order that we had arrived in (numbered) :fisch: Of course John was, as usual, our hero, but that is just standard nowadays and goes without saying.

They cleared the room very fast after the gig (someone had told us earlier that they were meant to have a 10.30 curfew) and we were lined up outside.

Mika did seem tired, and the line was quite long, so he didn't spend ages chatting to people,but it was enough to say hi, and have a little chat. I loved his trousers, and his outfit in general. He seemed happy and in a good mood.

I know that he said something about 6 months time,but I reckon that there might be more, once he gets back home and into a routine, and he starts missing performing. At least, I hope :naughty:.

Anyway, I'm very tired so I think that this will have to do for now. I filmed a few songs so I will upload them as soon as I can. It was a very nice day/evening and I'm very glad that I got to finish the tour like this, and to spend time with some nice people.

actually I'm huge fan of your reports :bleh:... thank you

he said about 6 months before huh? 6 months after New album or 6 months after another gig in UK ? thinking of last year's acoustic gigs, those are different....:blink:

too much people??

a year ago perhaps he had like 50 people waiting for him.... but in my four gigs,i remember in madrid there were like 200 people waiting for him,he did a normal "m&g"... he signed and chatted a little bit.. but for example in vigo two weeks ago,security guys told us to line up,and he went away through another door... there were about 200 people waiting for him....

i think that perhaps,if the thing goes on like this,he will do no so much m&g... :dunno:

Yes, could be cause too many people wait for him. But in Cattolica there were few if them..

Anyway, let's hope are just wrong circumstances!

Maybe he's just tired ...

How many gigs has he done since last February???

How many days off did he take since the release of the2nd album???

He's probably totally exhausted ...

But I also understand what you said ... It's a weird feeling ...

On the one hand, we want to see him win over the world and honestly he does it perfectly well, but on the other hand, we want to keep him only for us ...:naughty:

Times change and the intimate M&Gs we had before are probably ended now - means to me that I shall never had...:sneaky2:

Just hope he'll not forget the MFCers too much...:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by francoise

Ok here goes for my first ever report. It was a really fun day to start with me and shoni were having trouble finding the place when we heard a voice shouting on shoni ! It was rose to the rescue and she pointed us in the right direction. (thanks rose x). We arrived and got our numbers 45+46. Met a few new faces for us it was great to finally put faces to names also a familiar face was oor sheena and her boy cameron who was lovely (credit to you sheena). We got busy helping to fill the party bags with freddie and others we got them all done quite quickly before the rain came on and boy did it rain. Poor soaring simpson was soaked but kept up good spirits (great to meet you btw). Eventuallu mama p came out to find lollipop girls and big girls but she was looking for people who had never done it before but as she walked back down the queue she saw me and smiled and i said we had already been big girls and she said she rememberd us from glasgow and would we like to do it again, well we had to think for a least half a second before deciding Hell Yeah! Yes venue was very small but intimate which was nice. Couldnt believe mama p asked me and shoni to go on just the 2 of us with mika for big girl OMG! She asked if we could maybe make up a wee routine or something to do together and we said yes but when we got out there we just forgot all we had practised (all of 5 mins:roftl:) and just enjoyed it. The rest of the boys and girls were all great Gayvid is just mental and luke was a gem we all had a great time dancing about at the side of the stage so we got to see all of the show nearly! At the end we were all told to wait then john came out and asked for just one persons camera as there would only be one pic taken. Mika came out and said we were the best there had been all tour !! Got our pic taken then a few words then that was it but a great night was had by all. Ok thats my rambling over now got to get back to reality now :naughty:

Edited by anjybaby
add on

I'm not sure of all of them- Mrs P took ages trying to find people who hadn't done it before, though she rejected me instantly, saying she only wanted younglings as the stage was small and dangerous (which IMO is a good reason for NOT wanting younglings anywhere near it :naughty:) Shoni and Anjibaby were the two main big girls though (she liked the idea of twins, apparantly) and Gayvid, Luke and Sheena's son were carriers, I think.

It was really good though- I was right at the front, but out to the side (Martin's side, for once) I loved seeing all the stuff I'd heard so much about- Kick Ass, shooting the band, the big puppet, the sunflowers and Eden set, and Mika himself was really lovely, though I thought he seemed a bit tired. (Other people were saying it was one of his best though, so :dunno:) It was even good to finally see the red and white stripey teeshirt live, though I do hope he goes back to wearing different clothes- whenever the THIRD album finally arrives. Sigh.

I enjoyed meeting Enigma in the queue, and Sharonkitten, TeaTel21(?- Ruth, anyway) shoni and angibaby. And there were a couple of rare special guests- Wendi and Deb. We were all good and wet and freezing by the time we got in- solid rain for a good hour or two after sustained drizzle, but they were very organised with the queue, though some had little faith, as instead of the usual (repeated?) getting in order outside, the security people (rather shouty but OK) simply loaded all numbered people into the foyer then called the numbers one by on in order. I even managed to go to the loo on the way in AND at the interval and still get front row! Now that's what I call classs (oldling style)

Now I'll see if my pics (hopefully) look better on a bigger screen- they're not that good though- I could see Deb next to me taking much better ones- but then, I could tell she actually knew how to work her camera

Oh, and we did all the stuff with the goodie bags, though the best reaction was from the band- when we got the party hooter thingies out for Mika's world's best ever trumpet solo :roll1:

As for the meet and greet, much as I enjoyed the debate earlier in this thread about the effect of lots of screaming young fans- it was very quiet and sedate, no screaming, not much pushing (though as usual, we got into single file then had latecomers stand in front, at least where I was.) He kept moving so fast I couldn't even get a photo of him and there wasn't much eye contact going- he was just obviously in a tearing hurry

Once he'd gone, security tried to move us along, but as we all felt we might not see each other again for ages, and kept remembering people to say goodbye to, they gave up in the end

AND- call me evil if you like- I really like the fact that for once I'm nearly first home, with all the southerners probably still on the train or in the car

Sosi :huglove: Glad you had a great time - shame about not being a big girl, but at least you had a good view and two loo trips :thumb_yello: Thanks for the review :biggrin2:

A quick news flash form me ...will write my report tonight.

(Well now I've written more than i meant so part 1 it is!)

I had a great day all round and it was a lovely feeling despite the weather the queue wasn't too bad and passed surprisingly quickly.

The venue staff were lovely and even came out to us with umbrellas when it started to rain rain rain!!

The line up as Sara said was very meticulously handled and we are certainly kept in number order which was great. :biggrin2:

Of course it was well organized this was Edinburgh ...:teehee:

They let a few folk hang about inside the lobby area and much sewing on of Mc Tee kilts was done plus some hanging about, eating, chatting, drinking and generally having a laugh ...a few ticket worries over box office collections but again these were mainly all sorted out for everyone i think ...

I think it was one of the nicest 'waits' I've had ( not just cause it's home for me) it seemed to be more relaxed and less stressed that some of the other UK gigs this year. The venue staff , John and the number system certainly all worked very well together ....

It was great to chat to all MFcers and other people i met for the 1st time ...the vibe was good and i was certainly on a high with it being my home town and having quite a lot of friends and my hubby coming along too as well as several resident MFCers staying with me ..!!

I'm glad the system worked well for everyone.

part 2 later ... ( i better get my children back!)

Back now dudes! It was awesome. So awesome I cried a tiny bit and when he came on the stage, I could scream. Epic man.

When i met mika, my mum thought she was filming me and him meeting each other, but she wasnt recording :'( So does anyone have a video of a girl with a furry hat with horns kinda small, black coat, cos that is me, and i really wanna see what my face was like when i met him.

I shall do a report later, and just incase you were wandering, I did get in!!!!

Back now dudes! It was awesome. So awesome I cried a tiny bit and when he came on the stage, I could scream. Epic man.

When i met mika, my mum thought she was filming me and him meeting each other, but she wasnt recording :'( So does anyone have a video of a girl with a furry hat with horns kinda small, black coat, cos that is me, and i really wanna see what my face was like when i met him.

I shall do a report later, and just incase you were wandering, I did get in!!!!

I was wondering today if you got in or not, but you did!!! :yay:

good to hear!!!

I'm back from Edinburgh, but still in London, so I won't do a proper report --

after all, I think Sosi's and Sara's covered much of what I would have said!

But I will have a few comments, and maybe a few of my photos, if they

look OK. We'll see. I definitely have a few for Bab's album ;)

watermark

Oh I can see a few people we know there

Yes, I'm there under the g or a in belga -- I had Jazzy to my right and Sosi

to my left, and as Sara said in her report, the venue was nice and small,

and had a great vibe!

Ha! That's funny because I thought the same thing as I looked at the

photos Jazzy was taking to my right. :wink2:

Yes, he definitely was in a hurry but it was lovely of him to come out at

all -- and I did manage a few words with him, even after he surprised me

by saying, "Nice to see you again." (I never expect to be remembered!)

:wub2:

Oh, yes, we felt the same -- and still didn't manage to say goodbye to

everyone.

But I did get to at least say hello to about 40 of the MFCers there -- many

of whom I'd never met before, and I really enjoyed that. I don't want anyone

to feel left out, so I won't name names, but it was a pleasure to meet

you all! And I really just love that aspect

of MFC -- meeting fans from all over the world, not just the UK! As I looked

around me at one point last night I saw fans from Greece, Holland, Germany,

Italy, Belgium, France, as well as the UK and even another US MFCer,

although Aimee is living in France these days. :biggrin2:

:lmfao: And here I thought for sure it was you giving him a hard time

about his hair! Did you notice how he put his top hat back on after

that? He was so self-conscious! :wink2:

:yay: Six months is long, but hey, I just endured a 10-month drought, so

I think I can handle that. We'll keep our fingers crossed!