REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23-AUG-2010

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the same with me at other shows. I was just too shy to go up to MFCers, I know you don't bite but I didn't want you to think "who the heck is she?" :naughty:

Next time I'll introduce myself :blush-anim-cl:

I do love that hat Eloise!

And as always thanks for the reports from everyone! :biggrin2:

I know what you mean. And thankyou!

It is great, he is very impressed. I never contributed but them i'm not talented enuf with words and drawings but you can see he loves these things so much when people are creative:biggrin2:

I cant wait to see. I wish I had seen it in person.

Sheena we had fun there in the fronmt dancing and yer boy is some laddy!!

My new BF!!:teehee:

I think the great thin is we don't all need to be the same just have a laugh and yesterday was fun and funny!!

Well of course ..... look who he was with!:teehee:

yeah well i was going to bring up your antics but i thought i`d leave that up to you :wink2:

basically me n vicky had a tipple ..... i think she did that to distract me so she could molest my son :shocked::roftl:

oh. that's the group picture that's been uploaded to facebook.

40616_461399593178_657058178_6476812_512914_n.jpg

Hey, there was a big queue for the male toilet! :wink2:

Fortunately i used the female one :naughty:

Since i'm quite stupid and sentimental i thought that this gig could be different from the others, in particular more acoustic because the intimate venue and because the Fringe Festival atmosphere. I was wrong! Anyway the gig was great as usual.

It seems that M sips his pearls.

He does not sing anymore the intro of We are golden but he sings a touching final of Happy ending.

I started queue very early at 2 pm but i'm happy about this because we were in good company. Thanks to all for this funny afternoon despite the rain.

Probably M thinks i was rude.

I forgot to tell him i enjoyed his gig but i told him that Beirut's gig (the day before in the same venue) was special.*:punk:

I'm in love with Edinburgh and i will return there sooner or later.

:bye:

yeah well i was going to bring up your antics but i thought i`d leave that up to you :wink2:

basically me n vicky had a tipple ..... i think she did that to distract me so she could molest my son :shocked::roftl:

EH! no ..... !!:sneaky2:

tipple was it!! Well we had to keep up oor drunken Scots reputation didn't we!

:scot:

TBH i never drank THAT much i was just very hyper and not eaten much all day ...it were me nerves!!:aah:

TBH i never drank THAT much i was just very hyper and not eaten much all day ...it were me nerves!!:aah:

Hellooo. Do you mind me asking how old you are? You dont look old enough to be an olding!

Hey, there was a big queue for the male toilet! :wink2:

Fortunately i used the female one :naughty:

Since i'm quite stupid and sentimental i thought that this gig could be different from the others, in particular more acoustic because the intimate venue and because the Fringe Festival atmosphere. I was wrong! Anyway the gig was great as usual.

He does not sing anymore the intro of We are golden but he sings a touching final of Happy ending.

I started queue very early at 2 pm but i'm happy about this because we were in good company. Thanks to all for this funny afternoon despite the rain.

Probably M thinks i was rude.

I forgot to tell him i enjoyed his gig but i told him that Beirut's gig (the day before in the same venue) was special.*:punk:

I'm in love with Edinburgh and i will return there sooner or later.

:bye:

Edinburgh wants you back!! :wink2:

It was great to see you again and thank you i have your special balloon ...how lovely .. i will post it later ..Allegra drew the gig on a small ballon ... she is another clever one:wink2:

Yes- I definately want one of the MFC bags like Silver's- and badges like Deb's, and mugs.... But first I'm gonna get a blow up, waterproof, camping cushion like Treasa was wishing she'd brought

Now i think about it, i saw you whilst i was on the balcony!!! i remember seeing the 999 :aah:

Well, am home now and have a bad case of the post gig blues.

Let's start at the very beginning...

Monday morning I high tailed it to Debenhams and had my very clever friend on Yves Saint Laurent do my make up (comes in very handy working in cosmetics!).

Asked her to use turquoise and purple (MFC colours hehe) and get some glitter and lashes in there and she did a fabby job.

Then met Sharon at the train station and we started our journey. The first train took us to Darlington then we got the next one to take us the rest of the way and this is where the fun started.

We had bags and bags of the party bag goodies with us so started to work on them, although we had a table there were also other passengers sat at it and we did get a few funny looks as we started the production line. The lollipop, streamers and bubbles went in the paper cup, which then went in a bag with the mask and a glow stick and on to the next one... 1.5 hours and 100 party bags later we arrived at Edinburgh.

A short taxi ride later and we were ar the Picture House yay!! Took the many bags and got Freddie, Shoni and her lovely sister to add the blowers, balloons and instructions and off we toddled to check in to the Travellodge.

After checking in we walked back to the venue and it rained and rained and rained ...

I think I had been hoping for something a bit special too. :sad:

But as it was the last UK gig for who knows how long, any Mika will do. :wub2:

top reply - likey story :wink2:

honestly i think having a few jars makes a gig better + aye there wisnae many of us scots there so we had to keep our good reputation flowing :roftl: btw my voice is fecked after last night , the kids have to me not to speak unless its needed ... wee sh*tes :sneaky2:

Edited by scg

I keep remembering things that happened!

I better write some bits down ...

my weekend was MFC awesome as i had the pleasure of the company of 7 of the people staying with me ...i'd have had you all if i could ..so next time Mika comes to Edinburgh you have to ALL stay with me in my new castle!!:aah:

The q i've said was brill organised .... rain could not be helped it was a shame as we've had nice weather of late but Mika and his rain rain rain!!

The venue is great ..low stage ..not big barrier ... it used to be a club called Century 2000 and then Revolution so it's not that long a gig venue but i'm pleased Edinburgh has this new one .... it seemed to suit the gig well.

I had some friends and my hub there so it was extra special for me and the day in the Q passed very quick ...

Jazzy got her sewing circle orgnaised and it was good to be able to wander about and use the lobby ..i really could not stand still much of the time i was so buzzy .... The Mc Tee's were great Jazzy, well done again .. i used up my nervous energy by calling people for their T's and seilling the wristbands we had made ... think they were quite good?

The gig was really great ...i'm not sure about technically but i was having such fun with everyone i just loved it and was feeling so in to the groove i couldn't stop dancing with Ingie!!! Sheena and her boy were lots of fun too and Robi i hope we weren't a pain! lots of other lovely people too were everywhere .. i think MFC had front row covered and lots of 2nd too.

I've seen Peral and Puppets support Keane before and they seemed to fly by .. we had fun with the drummer i think with banter!:teehee:

Neil ( hub) came down to say hi to me and my pals Jen and Brian who'd come along which was nice and they went back to enjoy the MIKA experience form the back and said it was an amazing show ..this was Neil's 1st time but i really wanted him to exp what we all do and share the vibe ...he did enjoy it ...

oh i forgot the gifts ...

We saw the band arrive in the afternoon at the stage door is at the front of the venue so we managed to speak to Cherrise and she was her usual sweet self and we handed over the gift bags we'd prepared from Edinburgh and Jazzy gave the band their T's! They all seemed pleased and Mama P and John were handed theirs perosnally too...( gifts not T's!) John was nice and said we really shouldn't do it but when i said we appreciated his help and all he said he appreciated us too which i thought was nice:biggrin2: So he was happy i think. ( it was just some local gits, tablet, shortbread ... a nip glass etc!)

I'm glad people were mostly picked who wanted to be for stage tho i'm sorry for sosi .... it wasn't so good but i know you had a great gig in the end:thumb_yello:

We would have done a 2nd time but mama p was pretty strict that if you had done it before ( even once) then she didn't want you to do it again ... fair doo's. I'm actually pleased that maybe i didn't in the end as i was so happy dancing away :biggrin2:

I'm goona have to do part 3 tomorrow ..RL work and all is calling and so is my bed ..i've hardly slept this weekend .... you prob need a break from this too now!!

see you soon:thumb_yello:

Finally, here the full list of my videos

Mika - Big Girl @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Blue Eyes @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Touches You @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Rain @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Happy Ending @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Love Today @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - We Are Golden @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Sweet Dreams @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Kick Ass @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

I got home on South Coast a few hours ago.

It was one amazing night!!! I am still excited. Infact, too excited to sleep.

I have FOUR dreams have come true!!!

1) meeting (not seeing!) Mika first time - tick!

2) get an autograph at meet and greet - tick!

3) Mika ate my strawberry sweets - tick!

4) the first time wearing wedding dress (which I missed on my wedding day) - Unexpectedly tick!

As this was just the second gig I managed to come (In my mind, this was almost the first one, as I was with my hub and had to rush back to get home to pick up kids from friend's house...no pressie, no m&g last time.), I wanted to enjoy the event (not only gig) to every bits. and So did I!

I arrived at the venue around 10am, but waiting was very enjoyable experience. Getting wet... Never mind, can I say it's because of being in Scotland???

I was soooo happy to see and have a chat with a lot of MFC members!

I am not good at remembering names, so if you don't mind, please write me whoever talked to me on the day. Sorry.

Everyone is so sweet and kind. You surely made this night unforgettable!

Sorry at the end, but I want to say a special thanks to those who made effort to prepare T-shirts, party bags and arm bands. They are brilliant and going into my treasure drawers (keeping off from my kids!!!).

xxx

I read every report so far and really enjoyed them all. This sounded like such a fun day, I wish I could have made it. But like Mika says there is always a next time and reading the reports and seeing the pics is the next best thing to being there. Reminds me of all my great trips to the UK. :fangurl:

Thanks everyone for sharing. :pinkbow:

I got home on South Coast a few hours ago.

It was one amazing night!!! I am still excited. Infact, too excited to sleep.

I have FOUR dreams have come true!!!

1) meeting (not seeing!) Mika first time - tick!

2) get an autograph at meet and greet - tick!

3) Mika ate my strawberry sweets - tick!

4) the first time wearing wedding dress (which I missed on my wedding day) - Unexpectedly tick!

As this was just the second gig I managed to come (In my mind, this was almost the first one, as I was with my hub and had to rush back to get home to pick up kids from friend's house...no pressie, no m&g last time.), I wanted to enjoy the event (not only gig) to every bits. and So did I!

I arrived at the venue around 10am, but waiting was very enjoyable experience. Getting wet... Never mind, can I say it's because of being in Scotland???

I was soooo happy to see and have a chat with a lot of MFC members!

I am not good at remembering names, so if you don't mind, please write me whoever talked to me on the day. Sorry.

Everyone is so sweet and kind. You surely made this night unforgettable!

Sorry at the end, but I want to say a special thanks to those who made effort to prepare T-shirts, party bags and arm bands. They are brilliant and going into my treasure drawers (keeping off from my kids!!!).

xxx

:fangurl:Congrats !! Awwwww you did Mika's bride!! envyyyyy:wub2:

Happy for you :mf_lustslow:

Thank you so much for all reports and pics and Sara´s vids, I love them.

But where are Rose or Jazzy, a lot of us want to hear about the Birthday present so badly. How did it go....., pleeeeeaaase :teehee:

Looking for us?:naughty:

Firstly, just want to post this

watermark

And say, Martin was on FIRE last night!

We were feeding off his energy on our side, and he was fantastic, so if anyone from the band happens to be reading this, tell him I am in awe of him all over again:wub2:

The reason I posted the pic, is because that flag he has, is the one we brought to wave at them, and when Martin saw it, he came forward and asked to have it, and it would have been rude to refuse:naughty:

I actually bumped into him on the way to the stage, and we said a quick hello, and because we had the flag, I stood on his and Davids side, to wave it at them.

But I digress.

I stayed at Chez Vicky&Neils over the weekend, the maze that it is, made it quite an adventure to get around. I'll be totally confused when they move to a bigger house:roftl:

The whole Fringe experience, along the road up to the castle has to be seen to be believed. There is pretty much any street entertainment you can think of, and lots of craft tents too. Loved getting the whole vibe from it, maybe next year go up and take in some of the comedy shows (which is where Jazzy was tonight).

Well on Saturday Vicky, Ingie and myself, went round the shops looking for things for the giftbags, and a suitable Scottish flag, and ended up getting soaked:naughty:

Sunday, we went with Freddie and Viv into town to check out the Fringe, and Fred went to the Castle with Nightbird (Katheryn), Funkycowgirl (Caroline) and a couple of other overseas MFCers, Jessica and the other lady I can't remember the name of right now. We met with Eloise and her mum, then Sheena and Cameron, and walked down and started watching the rather bizarre fire juggler. We left Eloise and her mum watching him, while we went shopping again, and got all we needed for the giftbags and the flag, then left Sheena and Cameron to go to the show they wanted to see, and went up to the pub for the meetup with everyone coming on Sunday. We had a pretty good night, a few laughs, and then much later, went and get some food and then back to Vickys.

Monday morning, about 11.30am we left to go to the venue, Most of us fancied a lie in, after the late night the night before.

So we got there about midday to get spots around the late 20's early 30's in the numbers, which was pretty good, I thought. Helped Jazzy with the kilt sewing on the tee shirts, chatted to a few people in the queue, went and got some food with Jazzy and Viv, came back and got our spots in the queue, ready for going in.

The Show!

I must say that the organisation of the queue was the best so far, and I was impressed by Guillettas last Thursday at Cattolica, where she got 100 people in single file, with military precision, to go into the square!

We got in and like I said earlier, I got over on Martins side of the stage with Viv, Jazzy, Deb, and SoSi, and we chatted until the support act came on, I was fascinated by their drummer, who was right in front of us, enjoyed watching him play.

Then Mika came on, and from the very start you could see Martin and David were up for it, David was home, and Martin was back in Scotland, so both happy boys.:naughty:

Mika seemed quite playful, and SITM was really funny, as the boys had the flag by this time and when Mika did his piano dance they waved it at him, he pretended to not be impressed. It was just like this through the show, it was so much fun.

Before the show, Luke had come out and told us that Mama P was happy that we had the party bags and to praise Sharon and Caroline for doing them, and asked if we had bubbles in them, which we did for Rain. the balloons went down well for Relax and HE, and the blowers for SITM seemed to bemuse Mika at first, but the band loved them and David picked one up that got thrown on the stage, and blew it at Mika at one point:roftl:

Mika did seem tired, but it's not suprising the amount of travelling he's done over the last year, I think I'd want to sleep for a month, I don't know how he keeps going!

Afterwards with the M&G, John had taken the birthday present and kept it in the van for us, so it wouldn't get damaged during the show, SO grateful to him for that.:wub2:

He gave it to Jazzy and we got in the queue, to wait for Mika and we thought he would come out the door and work his way down the queue, and come back to the van. But he emerged from the venue, looked over at us, said " I'll be right back" (sounds familiar, see Cattolica report later:naughty:), and went right down the bottom and worked his way back up.

He seemed to be racing through the queue, obviously to get going as quickly as possible, and when he got to Jazzy holding the box the present was in he went to sign it, then Jazzy said "this is your present from the MFC" which took him aback slightly. Thankfully Ingie videoed it for us, so you can see the rest when she get's it loaded up.

When we'd finished presenting him with the gift, I got him to sign a gift Kath got me from Russia, which made him smile. It was a penguin like the Russian dolls that get smaller when you open them up. It's really cute, Thanks again Kath:wink2:

Then when he'd finished, he went, and we hung around chatting and catchingup with each other, and then the band came out. I saw Martin and had a great chat with him, he said he can't wait to have the break, as he's shattered, which they all are, so he's looking forward to the down time coming up. Got a little torn then, as Jimmy came out and started chatting to me, as I was talking to Martin, I hope you guys aren't upset with me, trying to talk to you both at the same time. It's a bit tricky:naughty:

Then I got tapped on the shoulder, and it was Cherisse, and we hugged and chatted about her giftbag, and the Nessie toy in it. Again a spill over conversation from Cattolica:biggrin2:

When Cherisse went off, Vicky pulled me into a picture with her and Imma, I think the only person I didn't speak to was David, as he'd already got in the car by this time.

So that was it.

We all said our goodbyes to each other, and all went back to our various bunks, our gang went back to Vickys for tea, toast, and a late night chat about the show, and then all went to bed.

Just a few things.

Thanks to Jazzy for being a brilliant travel buddy over the last week, and for the stunning tee shirts, and the well able assistance with the birthday project. You are a diamond:wink2:

To Vicky and Neil for letting us stay in your lovely home, you are excellent hosts, and for Lewis and Ben for letting us use your rooms, very much appreciated all round:thumb_yello:

Hope to be able to receiprocate one day soon.

To the security at the venue, who were accomodating all day, letting us use the lobby for sewing, bringing out umbrellas for those without them, and the brilliant system for queueing inside to make it fair for getting into the hall.

To John, for being his usual helpful self, going above and beyond to help us with whatever was needed. You did deserve the gift bag John, as much as anyone:thumb_yello:

To all the fantastic MFCers who made it a pleasure to be at the show and the queue before hand, the ones who travelled vast distances to be there, and made it fun.

To Mama P, Yasmine and the backstage crew, for the work they put in to this and every show. It can't be easy, negotiating a small venue like that, with the amount of stuff they have to work with, but you do, and you are amazing at it. We all love you for it.

And lastly to Mika and the band, who no matter how far they've travelled over the last year, and how tired they are made it such a fun show to be at. I hope after the last shows next weekend you all have a good rest (although I know Imma is about to go into overdrive with her own EP, I hope she gets a bit of rest in between).

I look forward to the next album with great excitement!