REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23-AUG-2010

lollipop_monkey

same here!!! Just read through all the pages....aah, it was just soooo amazing....

my report will follow this afternoon...together with the pics...

it was awesome meeting so many mfc'ers. :mf_lustslow:

Thank you Caroline for making my dream come true! :bow::huglove:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great reports. They pretty much say it all.

I had such a great time. Enjoyed the queuing despite getting soaked right through. It was so great to meet everyone. MFCers are such a lovely bunch of people:wub2:

The gig was fantastic! The M&G quick but lovely to see him up close. Got my photos signed including 'that photo'...

My camera was acting up a bit so I don't think I got many good pics, will check them out shortly.:thumb_yello:

It was lovely to meet you all, I am on such a high still, I think this one will last for a while.

It was lovely to have your company for the two days Silver.

Jazzy your a great girl, thanks for the T and tickets:thumb_yello:

First few pics now.... the new MFC sewing club and birthday banner.

800913d6.jpg

800913d6.jpg

7f4b59cb.jpg

702a4339.jpg

18529480.jpg

You know what, it actually took me a few seconds to discover Rose :roftl: I was like "I see Deb, there's Jazzy....erm...Rose? Where?" and then I was like "Oh, it's the tiny one next to Jazzy" :lmfao:

Ahh. I wonder if people do that to me sometimes LOL :roftl: I'm smaller than Rose!! :shocked:

I had my hair cut to confuse everyone:naughty:

Trip to Edinburgh was an absolute blast! We (Ilseh1983 & I) first met some MFC'ers on Sunday at the Last Drop Tavern, and we had such a good time. It was amazing to meet everyone, especially Nightbird (love you, sweetie!:wub2:), and we had way too much wine...in the end I nearly got a proposal from an older yet interesting guy called John, let's say it was a night full of mayhem for me. When we left, I stumbled over some concrete thingy, got both my knees smashed, got dropped off at the wrong place by a cabbie, got to the right place thanks to the cops, etc. yeah. one of those nights.

On Monday, we left early and stopped by the venue, thinking no one would be there yet, but we were already nr 12 & 13. :biggrin2:

Had my inflatable pillow to get my butt on but sadly we had to shift because we had to stand in a queue from noon onwards! Helped out a bit with the sewing (loved the T-shirts!!!) And it was just amazing to meet everyone. Had such a good time, just such a pity with the rain and all that. Had numerous coffees and some chocolate muffins to feel better. :teehee:Had such a laugh with Gayvid and his pink blanket surprising the people on the buses that passed by. :thumb_yello:

Saw Martin, Cherisse and John passing by, Maria, Mama P....And around 5pm it started pouring down...so we were all chilly and wet when we could finally enter the venue. The number system worked out extremely well and we could enter the place when the support act was still soundchecking.

Nightbird, Freddie and myself were already completely up for it just listening to the music in between the support and Mika. Singing along like crazy. :aah:

Mika was just stunning, such energy, and he was quite relaxed, didn't give a toss about his setlist...did Over My Shoulder, Sweet Dreams, ... although it wasn't on the setlist at all! Made some mistakes, but just had a good laugh about it, had great chats with the audience, loved the banner that was made for his birthday, loved all our balloons, bubbels, party blowers...I threw mine on stage like many others did and Imma took it and blew it into the microphone. She also loved our Kick Ass masks...

had some great eye contact with the man during Blue Eyes (& at TW classic my chicken message was also during that song...hmmm. I see a pattern! :biggrin2:)

Loved the new thing they did with Jimmy during Love Today....I don't know, the whole show just felt like one big amazing party.

M&G was quick but nice. Got to give him my and Crazyaboutmika & Eriko's gifts, got him to sign my Korean booklet, he was so nice and kept thanking me when I thanked him for the amazing show.:biggrin2:

Met Imma!!! and got my pic taken with her...:wub2:

Goodbye's were so hard afterwards...I felt a bit like my heart was being torn apart.

let the post-gig depression kick in.

Well done so much with the party bags!!

I remember Luke telling Me Mama P was so pleased and to pass on the message down the line ..which we did:thumb_yello:

I did my best and i know he spoke to me and Ingie saying what are u doing when we blew the party blowers!!:naughty:

In video form Edinburgh blog

I'm so gald you had a good tme!!

I remember your t shirt!!

glad you liked the bands too x:thumb_yello:

I hope it's not long FD! I need more already ....:aah:

Great 1st one with link to video but 2nd one seems to Feb Glasgow gig for me!:blush-anim-cl:

I'm checking out the local papersw today too.

Thanks for your review Rose, great to have you all as i say and thanks Sari for more videos!!!!

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: Sorry - I was an idiot in a hurry and didn't spot that :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

I agree with you about the extended version of Rain Vicky. Loooove it!!

They mean that David is assisting with the keyboard playing. I think they're kind of implying that Mika should be the main player but he's just faffing around dancing and stuff while David does the important bits. :teehee:

Oh and by the way, this interview is from Glasgow in February, not Fringe. :blink:

oops:teehee: mea culpa :blush-anim-cl:

just a quick report from me as a) most people have said what i want to say and b) i only had a flying visit, arriving in Edinburgh 9.30am on Mon and leaving again by 8am Tues!

I arrived at the queue at about 12noon, with Jazzy and my friend Ruth (tealstar21). We were numbers 34/35/37

Had a lovely time in the queue, meeting some new people and chatting to others i had met before. Ruth and I then went off to lunch with Jen (Jengafer) to the pub just down the road. It was manically busy inside so we sat outside - Jimmy came up to us and asked us if any of us had a light, but sadly none of us did so we couldnt help. He then walked up and down the road by us for a few mins on his mobile phone before going back in to the stage door.

I ended up being 2nd row to the right hand side of the stage, behind Nightbird (who is lovely but VERY tall :roftl:) but despite that I had a great view. Was rocking away with Freddie, Ruth and Jengafer.

Unfortunately we had some teenage girls behind us who were determined to push and shove throughout :sneaky2: and one of them had her fist in my back for the majority of the show. When i asked her to stop her dad told me to stop picking on children, and the other teenagers with her said we should be more mature :roftl::roftl: and that i had obviously never been to a gig before :naughty:

At the end of the night I was punched in the back before the group walked away - nice behaviour!

Despite that though i thought it was the best Mika gig i had ever been to. Although his singing seemed not quite perfect in places (agree with the others who say he seemed tired) he put SO much energy into his performance, as did the audience and it seemed that everyone was just buzzing and the atmosphere was amazing

He looked gorgeous as ever :wub2: and there was a bit of eye contact too. Loved his reactions to the balloons, the blowers, the cups etc. Fantastic!! Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas, time, money etc into making that all happen!

After the gig I stood with Rose and Jazzy when they gave Mika the birthday present - he absolutely loved it :thumb_yello:

Am gutted that I dont now know when i will next get to see him :shocked:but it will be worth the wait i know....

Just to say thank you to everyone who i have met this year who has made me feel so welcome at the gigs i have been to *mwah* xxx