2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

I'm sorry but I don't think he should classify his fans as safe or not safe.

If he has screaming fans at hig gigs, it's because he has attracted those ones, too. If he plays the sexy shirtless pop star on stage, he's likely to direct his fans' behaviour in a certain direction or appeal to a specific kind of audience.

Moreover, he's 6ft3, don't tell me he can't find a way to show the fans what he wants. Is he so weak that he can't make his fans understand the kind of attitude he expects? Instead of telling the usual fibs in his interview, he could talk about that and make things clear. Unless he pretends to accept all sorts of fans, but then he secretly makes a choice at M&Gs, which wouldn't be honest at all in my opinion.

Following the safe/not safe classification always the same people will end up getting attention at M&Gs. I don't think that's fair.

What I mean by that, is he knows the people who will talk to him without screaming that they love him all the time. As nice and possibly ego boosting as that is, after a while it must get a bit tiring. I'm not knocking the girls who do it, they are entitled to show how they feel, in whatever way they like (as long as it's not threatening to him), but Mika does seem to like having a proper conversation with fans too, and those are the ones who are more likely to get facetime with him than the screaming ones.

That was my point:thumb_yello:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has screaming fans at hig gigs, it's because he has attracted those ones, too. If he plays the sexy shirtless pop star on stage, he's likely to direct his fans' behaviour in a certain direction or appeal to a specific kind of audience.

Moreover, he's 6ft3, don't tell me he can't find a way to show the fans what he wants. Is he so weak that he can't make his fans understand the kind of attitude he expects? Instead of telling the usual fibs in his interview, he could talk about that and make things clear. Unless he pretends to accept all sorts of fans, but then he secretly makes a choice at M&Gs, which wouldn't be honest at all in my opinion.

Following the safe/not safe classification always the same people will end up getting attention at M&Gs. I don't think that's fair.

i don´t think rose wanted to mean that.... it´s just that if he doesnt feel confortable with that kind of fans,m&g will be over,perhaps...

anycase,he is the master and if he wants to do private meet and greets, he is in his right.. as a human being he can do what he wants to... if he feels like chatting with some fans he knows well,and he does it,it´s his choice,so it will be right.

i don´t think rose wanted to mean that.... it´s just that if he doesnt feel confortable with that kind of fans,m&g will be over,perhaps...

anycase,he is the master and if he wants to do private meet and greets, he is in his right.. as a human being he can do what he wants to... if he feels like chatting with some fans he knows well,and he does it,it´s his choice,so it will be right.

Agreed. :thumb_yello:

He knows the people who are safe to talk to, and those who aren't.

I guess you mean 'senses', not 'knows':wink2:

I had a relatively long conversation with him the first time I ever met him even though he only first saw me on that show, really, so he can't have known me. And it wasn't just me talking, it was a dialogue.

if he feels like chatting with some fans he knows well,and he does it,it´s his choice,so it will be right.

He does not do that. He friendliest and most prejudice free pop star, ever. If fans get too excited or turn numb when seeing him and get focused on the things they want to have signed or the pictures they want to take at m&gs, of course he is not going to talk to them but simply get on with his "job" if he has time for that at all. It is not him who is supposed to initiate a conversation in that situation. If fans don't take their chance, it is only themselves to blame :dunno:

He does not do that. He friendliest and most prejudice free pop star, ever. If fans get too excited or turn numb when seeing him and get focused on the things they want to have signed or the pictures they want to take at m&gs, of course he is not going to talk to them but simply get on with his "job" if he has time for that at all. It is not him who is supposed to initiate a conversation in that situation. If fans don't take their chance, it is only themselves to blame :dunno:

True, yet when a M&G happens like it was on Monday (and I'm *very* grateful for it), and you know that he's in a bit of a hurry to get back to the hotel, I don't particularly feel the need to start a whole dialogue with him. I'm just pleased to have met him and to have been able to tell him how much I enjoyed the show. Especially since I had no special project to hand over to him. You know? I guess at other M&G where he's less in a hurry (for instance with the birthday cake in Italy or in Colmar), I'd also feel more inclined to have a proper conversation, given the opportunity.

But he is under all circumstances incredibly sweet and friendly. It's always a joy to meet him, frankly.

I had a relatively long conversation with him the first time I ever met him even though he only first saw me on that show, really, so he can't have known me. And it wasn't just me talking, it was a dialogue.

that's not always true i think, i met him the first time this monday at fringe and did'nt get to say anything, cause someone next to me was talking to him while i gave my gift and got a signature. I think it sometimes depends on how much time he's got as well. Ok maybe i should have waited or smth, but was only first time for me to meet him so :dunno:

that's not always true i think, i met him the first time this monday at fringe and did'nt get to say anything, cause someone next to me was talking to him while i gave my gift and got a signature. I think it sometimes depends on how much time he's got as well. Ok maybe i should have waited or smth, but was only first time for me to meet him so :dunno:

That was the same for me first time at Eden. I didn't get a chance to say anything because the person before me continued to talk to him as I handed him my book for signing and continued to do so as he went on to the next person again. He didn't even look at me (probably couldn't see me way down there anyway:teehee:).

This time I managed to ask for his signature and I think he did look at me. Also I was with nice MFCers who wouldn't be so rude as to butt in. But I do think you have to be a little bit pushy or certainly not too shy to get him to stop and chat.

i just meant that if m&g become in something that mika or team mika think is dangerous,and he still wants to do m&g,perhaps they will organize private m&g for the fans he "knows"... but that was just my opinion... it´s just what i would do....

There's definitely a time element, I only managed to say "Could you sign this please" and he was on to the next person, though he has chatted to me on other occasions. He was a man in a hurry at Edinburgh :naughty:

i just meant that if m&g become in something that mika or team mika think is dangerous,and he still wants to do m&g,perhaps they will organize private m&g for the fans he "knows"... but that was just my opinion... it´s just what i would do....

I think there is no problem with the M&Gs at the moment as long as the security guys get it organised properly. I don't think Mika would want to restrict himself to the fans he knows.

That was the same for me first time at Eden. I didn't get a chance to say anything because the person before me continued to talk to him as I handed him my book for signing and continued to do so as he went on to the next person again. He didn't even look at me (probably couldn't see me way down there anyway:teehee:).

This time I managed to ask for his signature and I think he did look at me. Also I was with nice MFCers who wouldn't be so rude as to butt in. But I do think you have to be a little bit pushy or certainly not too shy to get him to stop and chat.

maybe so, and seeing as i'm quite shy, that might be an element i have to work if i ever get the chance to meet him again (i was kinda shaking on my legs when he just passed the qeue for M&G and didn't realise it was reall till the morning after :blush-anim-cl:

don't think he looked at me either, but he did look inside the gift bag i gave him :wub2: and he did touch my hand when taking the leaflet i got signed :wub2:

There's definitely a time element, I only managed to say "Could you sign this please" and he was on to the next person, though he has chatted to me on other occasions. He was a man in a hurry at Edinburgh :naughty:

yes he certainly was :teehee:

@funkycowgirl @ilseh1983

oh yes, I understand what you mean. :wink2:when there are tons of people waiting I don't even queue:naughty:

I only wanted to state that it is not true that he'd prefer to have a conversation with some fans over others just because he knows them. I never saw that happen. In fact, I don't think he wants to see the same faces all the time - whether that be gigs or m&gs. I am absolutely sure he likes to meet and talk to new fans when he has the time.

So good luck for you next time:thumb_yello:

True, yet when a M&G happens like it was on Monday (and I'm *very* grateful for it), and you know that he's in a bit of a hurry to get back to the hotel, I don't particularly feel the need to start a whole dialogue with him. I'm just pleased to have met him and to have been able to tell him how much I enjoyed the show. Especially since I had no special project to hand over to him. You know? I guess at other M&G where he's less in a hurry (for instance with the birthday cake in Italy or in Colmar), I'd also feel more inclined to have a proper conversation, given the opportunity.

But he is under all circumstances incredibly sweet and friendly. It's always a joy to meet him, frankly.

I l:mf_lustslow:ve your new siggie! It makes me so happy to see it! :woot_jump:

True, I had the chance to give my presents & tell him who they were from (brought some from other fans), ask him for a siggie, tell him how amazing his show was and thank him for it, and he just looked me straight in the eyes, smiled and thanked me like 3 times for that. Yes, I'm that easy to please. :naughty:

*must try not to think about that moment too long/too often* :teehee:

Hey!

I just got back home last night, I want to go back so bad, Edinburgh is lovely!

I wrote a report and was ready to post it when I was asked to log in again and now it's gone.:boxed:

But anyway, I have a new found love of all things Mika.

I travelled with my family for a holiday so I was looking forward to escaping to meet up with fans. I am so grateful that MFC exists because there really are no other people who understand how important Mika gigs are. :naughty:

The queue was great in spite of the rain I think, well it was as fun as it could be in that weather. I loved meeting all the people that I didn't know online as well, you are all really nice. I'm trying to remember names...Elizabeth from Italy and Alice from France? It was lovely meeting you two! Everyone I met was lovely, so I won't list you all, but you know who you are.:wub2:

Luke, Ingie and Bubbles, I love you guys! :wub2: You really made the day fly by, can't wait to see ye again. :huglove:

I also loved the number system this time, it was really fair and worked really well. I did feel really proud to be on the MFC when I think it was sariflor who explained what was going on before we all went in the venue. It was really nice that the venue allowed it to work as well. It was great to see all the fans had got near the front. :wub2:

I haven't even mentioned the concert but it was brilliant. I loved every second of it. That was my sixth one and I feel it's been well rounded off now if Mika dissappears for a year. I'm so glad I went! I just love how every song is so euphoric and fun and he can still turn around and do over my shoulder and change the mood. He is just amazing.:wub2::fangurl::naughty:

I'll really miss Edinburgh, the atmosphere with the fringe was so strong, I loved it there!

I've got so much love for the MFC and Mika right now. :wub2:

I have a few pictures I'll post when they're uploaded...though there's only about 3 from the concert.:teehee:

Edited by tauruslady

Hey!

I just got back home last night, I want to go back so bad, Edinburgh is lovely!

I wrote a report and was ready to post it when I was asked to log in again and now it's gone.:boxed:

But anyway, I have a new found love of all things Mika.

I travelled with my family for a holiday so I was looking forward to escaping to meet up with fans. I am so grateful that MFC exists because there really are no other people who understand how important Mika gigs are. :naughty:

The queue was great in spite of the rain I think, well it was as fun as it could be in that weather. I loved meeting all the people that I didn't know online as well, you are all really nice. I'm trying to remember names...Elizabeth from Italy and Alice from France? It was lovely meeting you two! Everyone I met was lovely, so I won't list you all, but you know who you are.:wub2:

Luke, Ingie and Bubbles, I love you guys! :wub2: You really made the day fly by, can't wait to see ye again. :huglove:

I also loved the number system this time, it was really fair and worked really well. I did feel really proud to be on the MFC when I think it was sariflor who explained what was going on before we all went in the venue. It was really nice that the venue allowed it to work as well. It was great to see all the fans had got near the front. :wub2:

I haven't even mentioned the concert but it was brilliant. I loved every second of it. That was my sixth one and I feel it's been well rounded off now if Mika dissappears for a year. I'm so glad I went! I just love how every song is so euphoric and fun and he can still turn around and do over my shoulder and change the mood. He is just amazing.:wub2::fangurl::naughty:

I'll really miss Edinburgh, the atmosphere with the fringe was so strong, I loved it there!

I've got so much love for the MFC and Mika right now. :wub2:

I have a few pictures I'll post when they're uploaded...though there's only about 3 from the concert.:teehee:

Oh! Its a shame about the report! But glad you had a good time! When i left Edinburgh, and came back to my home town, my home town felt like a dump compared to Edinburgh. seriously.

OOOh. I dont know if you know, but i am looking for a chance that someone filmed me. I know the chances are slim, but you never know until you try.

same here, that'd be awesome. or maybe not...since I look like I've taken drugs on every pic I've seen of me from after the gig. :roftl: