2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

It stops for me at 0.22:blink:

I just watched it and it works. Maybe it stopped yesterday cuz it was still processing. Try watching it again:thumb_yello:

Last but not least - Happy Ending!

Wow your vids are amazing!!! t4p

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love you too, Sweetie! And i totally understand that Scotsman John fell for you and wanted to marry you...allow me to post that adorable pic :naughty:

carolinejohn.jpg

Fe, fi, fo, fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman ! :biggrin2: he wasnt scottish ya numpty :naughty:

I was free with my hugs that night ... Mika was lucky .....

The security lady i believe was particularly pleased ......:teehee:

was that the wee fat security wuman that was shouting all the time ? aye she`d been happy with yer boobs in her mush fer sure vicky .... lemon comes to mind :naughty:

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay so. My report...nearly a week after the actual gig but whatever.

Got to the venue just after twelve after a traditional Scottish breakfast (om nom nom haggis), got our numbers, and then I went and set up shop inside the foyer with the tees. Soon enough we got a little sewing circle together to finish sewing the tartan on - thanks to Viv, Rose and Nightbird for helping out with that, it all went a lot more quickly. Ingie, Bubbles, Luke and Vicky provided entertainment throughout the morning and eventually we were kicked out into the rain, but it was ok cos the tshirts had all been finished.

Fast forward to going in, and we were told to respect our numbers. Which we did. Bless you Mr Scotsman. Got inside, there was a bit of front row left next to Rose so I went over there, and was soon joined by Deb, So-si and Enigma.

Pearl and the Puppets were pleasant enough, nothing too in your face but nothing too memorable either. I blew up my balloon ready for Relax and I think the bass speaker made it explode in my hand, though I was sure it had been shot by a sniper or something.

Eventually he came on, and his voice sounded a little bit tired but still brilliant. The whole gig was so much fun, particularly stuck in the middle, with the blowers. I threw my blower on stage and David picked it up and started blowing it. *girly sigh*

At one point I was lining up a picture of Mika and he looked straight at me, then at my camera, and I just grinned and clicked the button. It was quite a funny little moment, though I'm yet to find out which picture it was where it happened, but I haven't looked at them properly yet.

He messed up his setlist and I think he was supposed to play Kick Ass when he played OMS, but then at the end when he came back out, I saw him go over to David and mouth 'Kick Ass!' and we got it in all its ass kicking glory.

The M&G was particularly special - we got to give him his birthday present, which he initially tried to sign after I spent an hour and a half wrapping it so I said 'NO DON'T SIGN IT!! Silly!' and he laughed. And then I called the woman in the shop who lied to me (24 hours, no 7 days, no 14 days *strangles*) a bitch and he laughed. He was really pleased with it, so it definitely made all the late nights and organisation and stress worthwhile. I also asked him if he liked the umbrella I gave him in Cattolica (it was purple, and had the Rain rain drops on alternate panels and Dr John in his paper boat on some sea on the others) and he said 'what umbrella?' and I said 'the purple one' and he said 'oh yes, I liked that'. I thought that was it and then he turned back and said 'and I liked all the little surprises too'.

Now, that may seem like a throwaway comment, but it was the bit that actually made me die the most. I got him a birthday card (wasn't planning to, but was in paperchase and saw one that said 'True happiness is fitting into your skinny jeans' and just had to) and I said in it that the surprises were far from over. So basically, he actually read it, and remembered it was from me (he didn't open it while I was there) and also remembered what it said. Hence me dying and being a total fangurl at the end of the m&g video, hahaha.

It was a pretty perfect way to end an amazing year, and I'm totally gonna miss his face, but I'll battle on through it. Like it's been said many times, the gig is just a small part and it wouldn't be half as brilliant if I wasn't sharing the experience with so many great people. We absolutely need to see each other again soon, because we can't rely on the soppy one to organise anything in the near future. :mf_rosetinted:

So yes, this is the last report for the forseeable future. And it makes me sad. But at least my youtube account will be given a bit of a break. :aah:

Awww Jazzy, what a nice moment:wub2:

You better update your siggie now your gigs are complete for 2010:naughty:

You have done more in Feb alone than I ever have !!! (not jellus)

Edited by Blue Sky

Awww Jazzy, what a nice moment:wub2:

You better update your siggie now your gigs are complete for 2010:naughty:

You have done more in Feb alone than I ever have !!! (not jellus)

He's such a sweetie. :wub2:

And yeah... I do need to update, I'll get round to it eventually, haha. I guess I'm just lucky in that Mika and I both share the same line on the underground so any stuff he does at home is always gonna be within a reasonable distance. And I have absolutely no responsibilities either. :teehee: But I guess if you see him less often it makes the times that you do see him that much more special, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess. :thumb_yello:

I love this picture

P1040497.jpg

Martin looks SO happy!:wub2:

Awwwwww! Too cute!

I try, I really do............but it doesn't usually work :no:

But I take my hat off to all of you that cope with it :huglove:

Some of us don't really have a choice but to cope with it. I do find fangurling other bands and singers helps a wee bit... hence all my fangurling over Ben Parker and U2 :teehee:

SITM trumpet bizniz with blowers and giggles and David blowing my blower. (Saucy!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApqYofbJI4

Oooooh, kinky! :das:

The video doesn't like me... it stops at 1:30 :sad:

The whole gig was so much fun, particularly stuck in the middle, with the blowers. I threw my blower on stage and David picked it up and started blowing it. *girly sigh*

Awwwwwwww!

And your fangurling bit with Mika was very cute... it's awesome that he read the card!

Oooooh, kinky! :das:

The video doesn't like me... it stops at 1:30 :sad:

Awwwwwwww!

And your fangurling bit with Mika was very cute... it's awesome that he read the card!

Hmm, it works for me...anyone else got issues with the SITM video? Maybe try clearing out your temporary internet files cos if it messed up loading once, it's gonna save it messed up until it has to reload again, if that makes sense?

Yeah, I didn't even know if he'd see it, because it was just down the side of his presents in the gift bag, but the fact that he remembered it was from me, and remembered what I wrote in it was just so special. I swear, I say this every time I see him, but I keep falling in love with him a little bit more each time, hahaha. He just gets better and better and I said in the card that I often feel smug that I'm a fan of someone who treats his fans so well, and this is just another one of those times. *siiiiigh*

Ah sh*t. I miss him. *has vlog binge*

LEEDS!!!!!!

............... is all i'm saying

]

I have NEVER drunk so much is such a short space of time than I did in Leeds.......to be honest I don't think I have ever drunk so much full stop :naughty:

All I'm gonna say Vicky is that upon seeing Neil when we were waiting for Mika to come on, you shrieked 'OH THERE'S MY MAN!' and fought your way through the crowd, then proceeded to hug him, with a poor innocent woman in between the two of you.

Which is obviously very much the behaviour of an utterly sober person.

Of course.

:naughty:

I did. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

I was free with my hugs that night ... Mika was lucky .....

The security lady i believe was particularly pleased ......:teehee:

My God..............you even went for the security woman? Anything else you have failed to tell me yet?................And all that time, we were been held inside having being told that Mika would come and say Hello................and he was outside with you !:shocked::naughty:

OMG!!!! thankyou! There is me! Omg. *hugs until they sufficate*!!!! :roftl: thankyou!

So glad you got it in the end :thumb_yello:

Awwwwww! Too cute!

Some of us don't really have a choice but to cope with it. I do find fangurling other bands and singers helps a wee bit... hence all my fangurling over Ben Parker and U2 :teehee:

!

No, I know you don't :huglove:

Ruth and Jazzy.....thanks for your reports.:thumb_yello:

Ruth, I only paid £8 for parking............but I realise that you were there longer than me. I parked at about 2 30.