2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

*looks at shoe and reads...Looou-booooou-tin*

:lmfao:

Can't wait to see the rest, Kath! :huglove:

Yes, his shoes is the most interesting thing in that picture, of course... :naughty:

Thanks for sharing all the pics, vids and reports, people! :thumb_yello: Sounds like an amazing gig! :wub2:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this is so late, it has been a manic week at work, anyway here goes.

We had been worrying about what the numbers on the list would be up to by the time we arrived so were very happy and lucky to receive 49 and 50 as the list stopped at 50.

We started handing out the party bags and was so pleased to see that people were really excited to get one :)

Then it was waiting in the rain, it was the kind of rain that got you really wet! I could actually wring out my clothes and my fingertips were wrinkled like I had been in the bath for hours! Never mind, we were still excited and had a little sing song while we waited, met some nice people in the q and 5 minutes before we went in the rain stopped!

It's all been said how amazing the security were at getting us in the right numbers, we ended up on the second row next to Freddie and behind Nightbird. Unfortunately we had some very loud young girls behind us who seemed to shout "we love you Mika" every 10 seconds :blush-anim-cl:

We handed more balloons out and blew loads up, then a security guy came up to me and asked if the glow sticks were in "the bags" as they were a banned item and we shouldn't have them. He then came back after speaking to someone and said that we could keep them as "the band" wanted us to have them as they were in the bags they handed out :aah: He obviously got the impression somehow that Team Mika handed the bags out, which is fine by me as we got to keep the glow sticks :naughty:

Pearl And The Puppets were great, she liked our balloons!

Then He came out!!!! I think everyone has reported on the gig, as usual it was amazing. I personally thought he seemed a bit pissed off with the crowd at first as they seemed to take a few songs to warm up, he did comment about everyone "being about 50" when they didn't join in when he was tuning up before Doctor John! I loved his reaction the the blowers before SITM, I think he was really confused and after we threw the blowers and the paper cups at him I bet he wondered what was coming next! He gets gold hearts and paper planes in foreign climes he comes back to the UK and we throw stuff at him!! I hadn't seen Kick Ass live before or Sweet Dreams so that was nice. He messed up the set list big time, did anyone else hear the thunder clap and mwahhahaha laugh sounds? I think someone was "doing a Ross" on the keyboard or the sound man was having fun, Mika did remark abut the thunder clap, he said "did anyone else hear that or was it just me?"

When we came out we ended up at the end of the M@G q right by the bins (oh the glamour!). but that turned out to be the start of the q as he started from that end. He looked cute, looked like he was in his jim jams - he just needed his slippers and a Wee Willie Winkie hat LOL. I gave him a bracelet I had made with a little silver cedar tree charm I got from Lebanon - I was explaining what it was and he finished my sentence for me and said "thank you very much" several times, I had lost all power of speech and totally forgot how to breathe due to him looking right into my eyes!

He worked his way down the line then John took him to the foyer to meet the disabled fans, me and Sharon stood near the car and he got in the front seat. We were the only ones right by the car and he looked right in our eyes again and waved, yep, I forgot how to breathe again!

What an amazing gig and an amazing guy and lovely amazing people to enjoy it with. We met Jazzy and Tealstar the next day for a chat and a coffee then headed back for the train.

I loved every minute of it, loved getting the party bags together and loved his reaction to the things we did, apparently Mama P heard about them and was excited by them which was nice to hear. The Happy Birthday banner I made was out on the barriers and the girls at the front were waving it about during Lollipop but I don't know if he saw it, does anyone know if he did?

Then post gig depression hit, ain't that the worst feeling ever? Just hope we see him again soon :wub2:

Edited by Karimah

I only took a few videos, because I wasn't sure how they'd turn out -- we

were right in front of the speakers so I thought the sound would be too

distorted. Besides, Jazzy was right next to me, and I know how good her

videos usually are :biggrin2:

But here's Dr. John -- not too bad, although I didn't get the

intro that he did, which was a bit different than usual.

I shot it holding my camera

sideways, and when I rotated it, it doesn't fill the whole screen

like it should... but oh well... if you look at it in expanded mode, it's a little

better.

It could be a bit of Melachi's poo! :mf_rosetinted:

Could be:naughty:

I gave him a bracelet I had made with a little silver cedar tree charm I got from Lebanon - I was explaining what it was and he finished my sentence for me and said "thank you very much" several times, I had lost all power of speech and totally forgot how to breathe due to him looking right into my eyes!

Ahh, that feeling:wub2: Lovely report!

like it should... but oh well... if you look at it in expanded mode, it's a little

better.

Thanks for the vid:thumb_yello: That Dr. John coat sure is long:shocked:

videos usually are :biggrin2:

better.

Oh shucks Deb...I just point and shoot. :blush-anim-cl:

Actually that makes me sound like a sniper.

Or a ninja assassin. :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry this is so late, it has been a manic week at work, anyway here goes.

We had been worrying about what the numbers on the list would be up to by the time we arrived so were very happy and lucky to receive 49 and 50 as the list stopped at 50.

We started handing out the party bags and was so pleased to see that people were really excited to get one :)

Then it was waiting in the rain, it was the kind of rain that got you really wet! I could actually wring out my clothes and my fingertips were wrinkled like I had been in the bath for hours! Never mind, we were still excited and had a little sing song while we waited, met some nice people in the q and 5 minutes before we went in the rain stopped!

It's all been said how amazing the security were at getting us in the right numbers, we ended up on the second row next to Freddie and behind Nightbird. Unfortunately we had some very loud young girls behind us who seemed to shout "we love you Mika" every 10 seconds :blush-anim-cl:

We handed more balloons out and blew loads up, then a security guy came up to me and asked if the glow sticks were in "the bags" as they were a banned item and we shouldn't have them. He then came back after speaking to someone and said that we could keep them as "the band" wanted us to have them as they were in the bags they handed out :aah: He obviously got the impression somehow that Team Mika handed the bags out, which is fine by me as we got to keep the glow sticks :naughty:

Pearl And The Puppets were great, she liked our balloons!

Then He came out!!!! I think everyone has reported on the gig, as usual it was amazing. I personally thought he seemed a bit pissed off with the crowd at first as they seemed to take a few songs to warm up, he did comment about everyone "being about 50" when they didn't join in when he was tuning up before Doctor John! I loved his reaction the the blowers before SITM, I think he was really confused and after we threw the blowers and the paper cups at him I bet he wondered what was coming next! He gets gold hearts and paper planes in foreign climes he comes back to the UK and we throw stuff at him!! I hadn't seen Kick Ass live before or Sweet Dreams so that was nice. He messed up the set list big time, did anyone else hear the thunder clap and mwahhahaha laugh sounds? I think someone was "doing a Ross" on the keyboard or the sound man was having fun, Mika did remark abut the thunder clap, he said "did anyone else hear that or was it just me?"

When we came out we ended up at the end of the M@G q right by the bins (oh the glamour!). but that turned out to be the start of the q as he started from that end. He looked cute, looked like he was in his jim jams - he just needed his slippers and a Wee Willie Winkie hat LOL. I gave him a bracelet I had made with a little silver cedar tree charm I got from Lebanon - I was explaining what it was and he finished my sentence for me and said "thank you very much" several times, I had lost all power of speech and totally forgot how to breathe due to him looking right into my eyes!

He worked his way down the line then John took him to the foyer to meet the disabled fans, me and Sharon stood near the car and he got in the front seat. We were the only ones right by the car and he looked right in our eyes again and waved, yep, I forgot how to breathe again!

What an amazing gig and an amazing guy and lovely amazing people to enjoy it with. We met Jazzy and Tealstar the next day for a chat and a coffee then headed back for the train.

I loved every minute of it, loved getting the party bags together and loved his reaction to the things we did, apparently Mama P heard about them and was excited by them which was nice to hear. The Happy Birthday banner I made was out on the barriers and the girls at the front were waving it about during Lollipop but I don't know if he saw it, does anyone know if he did?Then post gig depression hit, ain't that the worst feeling ever? Just hope we see him again soon

lovely to read your report and so well done for organising the party bags!!

they were great fun and Yes they were appreciated!!

Luke and Bubbles very excitedly told us to pass the message down the front row that Mama p had been really happy about it and loved the bubbles especially!!!!:thumb_yello: i hope you got that message?

I hope he saw the banner too!! it was very pretty! Was it on the barrier the whole time?? Did he not react?:shocked:

I'm gonna miss him so much.

you too booo ... and MIKA:aah:

videos usually are

better.

Great! They are all good to watch :wub2:

Oh wow - 53 pages! :shocked:

I came home from Edinburgh on Tuesday (6am train), went straight to office, and then same day had to go away again (work :thumbdown:) and only just got home... so I have a lot of reading to do - only got to page 14 so far!

My post-Mika-tour depression is kicking in with a vengeance!:crybaby:.

Oh wow - 53 pages! :shocked:

I came home from Edinburgh on Tuesday (6am train), went straight to office, and then same day had to go away again (work :thumbdown:) and only just got home... so I have a lot of reading to do - only got to page 14 so far!

My post-Mika-tour depression is kicking in with a vengeance!:crybaby:.

Well, you've got plenty of time to catch up, with no gigs now :tears:

Unless you are off to South America :wink2:

Well, you've got plenty of time to catch up, with no gigs now :tears:

Unless you are off to South America :wink2:

Don't think I wasn't tempted... after all it's not THAT far, is it :roftl: (as long as you're looking at a very small-scale map :roftl:)...

But no, I will save up my money for the next tour, by which time I'll be that much older but probably no wiser :biggrin2:

Don't think I wasn't tempted... after all it's not THAT far, is it :roftl: (as long as you're looking at a very small-scale map :roftl:)...

But no, I will save up my money for the next tour, by which time I'll be that much older but probably no wiser :biggrin2:

Good decision - I'm saving up too. All those fares and hotels :naughty: I think I will set up a special Mika piggy bank

Luke, were you the one that got picked up by Jimmy at the end?? i got a bit of it on film :)

Yes that was me... OMG amazing, I didn't think anybody would have it :mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

Luke, I think I have some of that too, just need to work out how to put it on here now :)

Good decision - I'm saving up too. All those fares and hotels :naughty: I think I will set up a special Mika piggy bank

Good idea indeed!!

Ok guys and gals, i finally managed to upload all my pics:

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/NightbirdMFC/Mika%20Edinburgh%20-%20August%2023rd%202010/

Nearly 70 pics...i hope you'll like them cause it's a premiere - i've never made photos during a Mika gig before!

Mika1.jpg

Mika9.jpg

Mika11.jpg

Mika15.jpg

Mika17.jpg

Mika34.jpg

Mika20.jpg

Mika22.jpg

Mika23.jpg

Mika24.jpg

Mika25.jpg

Good idea indeed!!

Ok guys and gals, i finally managed to upload all my pics:

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/NightbirdMFC/Mika%20Edinburgh%20-%20August%2023rd%202010/

Nearly 70 pics...i hope you'll like them cause it's a premiere - i've never made photos during a Mika gig before!

Mika1.jpg

Mika9.jpg

Mika11.jpg

Mika15.jpg

Mika17.jpg

Mika34.jpg

Mika20.jpg

Mika22.jpg

Mika23.jpg

Mika24.jpg

Mika25.jpg

These are great - some nice pics there :thumb_yello:

Lovely pics Nightbird! :wub2: Gotta love that flower background!

Good idea... Should do the same :wink2:

aww, she was quite sweet actually , she let me and Viv and others at points shelter near the front door while we were wating ....

Lemons? gonee tell me what you mean hen?

dont know if your kidding here but .... a big lessie she looked the type :teehee:

WOW! U2 brilliant!!!!

Yep! I fully intend to stalk Adam and Bono... and if I get any pics or vids of them hugging or such (:das:) I will be a very happy little fangurl! :fangurl: I'm not expecting to meet them, but it would be nice if I did :teehee:

Oh shucks Deb...I just point and shoot. :blush-anim-cl:

Actually that makes me sound like a sniper.

Or a ninja assassin. :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: That's your second job, isn't it???

MartinFlag.jpg

Thanks so much for your pics!!! They're great and they bring back so many fantastic memories:wub2:

I was at the very end of the q too, maybe we were standing next to each other. Was so surprised that the end of the queue turned out to be the start. And he came so early too, not even half an hour after the gig ended.

that look right into your eyes:wub2: