I don't get it, but cool...

a footman ? what's the eek ? I don't understand a damm thing :aah:

I don't get much of what he writes either, and I read the whole article in Italian, and Italian is my mother tongue :lmfao:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get much of what he writes either, and I read the whole article in Italian, and Italian is my mother tongue :lmfao:

And it's not mine, and it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to translate :lmfao:

Valletto was a new word for me, it translates as footman or servant. I guess there's more chance he used servant in the original :dunno:

Edited by Nezza

Got my copy! Unfortunately I haven't got a scanner, hopefully one of the other girls will be able to scan their article soon. Here's a quick summary of the article:

It's a funny article, he writes about what he wants from 2011. He starts by saying how he started 2011 - he went to a glam rock themed party on new year's eve and woke up still in his outfit and with glitter in his hair :naughty:

So for 2011 he wants to find a cannon so that when he dies his ashes can be shot out of it (like Hunter S. Thompson did), but he has no intention of dying this year!

He's decided that he's going to stop being so nice, but he's still going to be polite. He says people who are nice to you only want something, whereas being polite is more honest, but more difficult to be.

He wants to embrace the people around him more, such as his family who follow him on tour. He says that in the past he often got annoyed of the group of people who followed him around.

Number 4's a bit bonkers - he wants to find a footman who will follow him around like a shadow and has very specific criteria - he has to be 35 or younger, of Asian decent, dressed well, and silent :roftl:

And his last desire for 2011 is to be able to work all day. He says when you work more your free time is more precious, and simple things such as watching the tv in the evening are worth more.

He ends by saying that readers are free to borrow his ideas for 2011 - except for the servant, if everyone had one it'd be a bit disorientating :roftl: And he wishes us a happy new year - to be polite though, not to be nice! :roftl:

cant wait to read the original version, it must be really funny:roftl:

And it's not mine, and it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to translate :lmfao:

Valletto was a new word for me, it translates as footman or servant. I guess there's more chance he used servant in the original :dunno:

you did a good summary Nerys! :thumb_yello:

I guess we're all more than curious to read the original version :naughty:

Fantastic, Nezza, thank you so much!!! :flowers2:

This is interesting, especially the polite - nice part, I bet he has so much experience of it, people wanting something from him. I think he is usually very polite, even when he is tired.

I wonder number 4 though :naughty:

Number 4 is typical of Mika, and ONLY Mika. Only HE could come up with something like that LOL

Got my copy! Unfortunately I haven't got a scanner, hopefully one of the other girls will be able to scan their article soon. Here's a quick summary of the article:

It's a funny article, he writes about what he wants from 2011. He starts by saying how he started 2011 - he went to a glam rock themed party on new year's eve and woke up still in his outfit and with glitter in his hair :naughty:

So for 2011 he wants to find a cannon so that when he dies his ashes can be shot out of it (like Hunter S. Thompson did), but he has no intention of dying this year!

He's decided that he's going to stop being so nice, but he's still going to be polite. He says people who are nice to you only want something, whereas being polite is more honest, but more difficult to be.

He wants to embrace the people around him more, such as his family who follow him on tour. He says that in the past he often got annoyed of the group of people who followed him around.

Number 4's a bit bonkers - he wants to find a footman who will follow him around like a shadow and has very specific criteria - he has to be 35 or younger, of Asian decent, dressed well, and silent :roftl:

And his last desire for 2011 is to be able to work all day. He says when you work more your free time is more precious, and simple things such as watching the tv in the evening are worth more.

He ends by saying that readers are free to borrow his ideas for 2011 - except for the servant, if everyone had one it'd be a bit disorientating :roftl: And he wishes us a happy new year - to be polite though, not to be nice! :roftl:

oh, Nerys! :wub2: grazie mille!....nice, funny, MIKA! :blush-anim-cl:

People being nice to him so that they can get something in return?:shocked:

I have never heard of such thing in Mikaland :fisch:

Thank you so much to all sweet MFCesr for the update...I loved it :wub2::flowers2:

This is both sweet and funny :clap:

I will call Mika "Carino "from now on :fangurl:

I'm on my Mika cloud now and will stay on it :woot_jump:

(hubby saw me smile and thought I was making fun of him :sneaky2:)

Got to go now, I'll be more online at night and starting from Wednesday in the day too :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Thank you to all sweet MFCesr for the update...I loved it :wub2::flowers2:

This is both sweet and funny :clap:

I will call Mika "Carino "from now on :fangurl:

oh no! :shocked:

he does not want to be 'carino' in 2011, but 'cortese'! :wink2:

find out the difference :mf_rosetinted:

'carino' is a fake attitude according to him, while 'cortese' means to be sincerely nice to people

Thanks so much Nezza :flowers2:

I don't understand this comment about his family following him around. The way it's phrased sounds like they are hangers on rather than members of his production staff who happen to be related to him. :blink:

I think the butler idea is the one I want to steal the most. I don't care what his ethnicity is though as long as he's silent. :roftl:

This is the best article he has ever written on xl. Finally!

I haven't read it yet, but yes the summary sounds like his usual odd but inventive and amusing ideas. :naughty:

It's nice that he's not an airhead or anything but he's not a politico so if he really wants to entertain people with his writing this is the way to go IMO.

I don't understand this comment about his family following him around. The way it's phrased sounds like they are hangers on rather than members of his production staff who happen to be related to him. :blink:

:boxed: I didn't get that either

:boxed: I didn't get that either

I'm afraid we must wait for the original english version. :dunno:

In No 3 he refers something related to Onasis family (probably a bit ironical, I can't see properly such tiny letters), and writes about the gathering the group of his friends, sisters, mother etc. who follow him during the tour.

Maybe he has a feeling that he can never be alone :naughty: It must be lovely to have his family with him while touring (he is always away from home but at least his special people are near him) but it must be sometimes difficult. With normal colleagues it's easier to keep a distance and stay calm, but with family members is cannot be always that easy? I cannot even imagine how it would be to work with my family :aah::roftl:

At the same time he is very lucky to have his family near him and work together with them :wub2:

But we must wait the original, can't wait to read it!

Thanks for the quick summary :thumb_yello:

Wise words :naughty:

Lovely :roftl::roftl:

Can't wait to read the original!