• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

altough I think my b-day is coming more earlier after seeing him in Comic Relief, HB add, 40th birthday Queen's Exhibition, besides the great gifts from my family

Now I just need Mika tweeting this day and I receiving a reply from him, it would complete my b-day this year :teehee::teehee::teehee:

Agreed! I think we all feel our birthdays coming at once, with our busy big bee buzzing around everywhere.

It's all really exciting!

Scan001-3.jpg

Thanks Robertina for this article. I just read the title and I know that I can't read this article for the moment, it's not the good time for me to do this because I have so much pain now with Axie in a deep coma and my grand mother dying from a cancer just before my 30th birthday. It's too much for me:boxed: I really love all Mika's family they are so nice and adorable. I had so much pain and I was so worry when Paloma horrible accident happened.

Edited by Sephira

Thanks Robertina for this article. I just read the title and I know than I can't read this article for the moment, it's not the good time for me to fo this because I have so much pain now with Axie in a deep coma and my grand mother dying from a cancer just before my 30th birthday. It's too much for me:boxed: I really love all Mika's family they are so nice and adorable. I had so much pain and I was so worry when Paloma horrible accident happened.

:huglove:

Thanks Robi! :biggrin2: Here's my summary :original:

The article's about Paloma. He starts by saying what happened to her, and that certain things in life happen that make you realise that in life people shouldn't be alone. He says that Paloma's accident happened after her housewarming party, and that she's disabled, in the sense that the left side of her body's much weaker then the right side. He went home around midnight, but around 5am he was woken up by people knocking at his door - Paloma had fallen out of her bedroom window on the 4th floor onto the railings below. When he arrived at her house the firemen and paramedics were trying to get her free. He hid with his brother in an ambulance and phoned his relatives all over the world, telling them to come over. It was his dad's 60th birthday, and he was away in Dubai, hearing Mika on the phone he thought that he'd come to Dubai to surprise him. It took 2 hours to free Paloma, and she was conscious for the whole time. He says that the whole neighbourhood was awake, watching silently as she was freed. Paloma was taken by helicopter to the Royal London Hospital, where her life was saved thanks to a 14 hour operation. Incredibly, the railings actually saved her life, because she didn't suffer any brain injuries.

Paloma's still in hospital. Once she leaves, she'll have to go through rehabilitation to learn how to walk again. It'll take years for her to recover completely. He says that he really appreciates the health system after the accident, that if they'd been in the US Paloma's care would've cost them a fortune, and that if you fall from a window in the States you get left on your own. He then writes about a relative of his who was treated in hospital LA, and that for 14 days in hospital it cost her 19,000 dollars.

In Europe governments are making cuts to the health system, its one of the two systems most at risk, along with the education system. His sister's accident's made him appreciate the UK more, and that he doesn't understand how people in the US can trust private companies with looking after their health. Obama's health reforms are a step in the right direction, but it'll take a lot to change the system. Many Americans see a public health system as a threat to their private health system. Italy's health system is the second best in the world (really??) after the UK, so it has a lot to defend; and we should defend it a lot more in the future.

Lovely Nezza is writing her usual short summary in English... :wub2: I'm sure she's having a hard time, you cannot read without tears in your eyes.

This is what happened to me at least. Although I admit I can cry easily...

edit: she was quick!

Lovely Nezza is writing her usual short summary in English... :wub2: I'm sure she's having a hard time, you cannot read without tears in your eyes.

This is what happened to me at least. Although I admit I can cry easily...

edit: she was quick!

Difficult yes, I'm the sort of person who cries easily too! But I wanted to get a summary out there for everyone to understand as quickly as I could.

Thank you very much for posting the article, Robi, and of course, for Nezza for the really good summary.

Of course I am waiting for the full article and probably some discussion on healthcare systems in different countries. At the same time, I keep thinking about what happened to Paloma, which also reminds me of Axie's current state and how fickle life is. :emot-sad:

Thank you Nezza, as always :flowers2:

I'm already crying. We really can't imagine what they are going/gone through, the whole family.

@Sephira :huglove: I'm thinking of Axie and you girls (her close friends) every day.