2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

I must have looked too weird and effeminate, and let me know it was impossible even in ice cream.

What the heck does that mean ffs????:roftl:

He's going to set up his own line of ice cream.

Yes, he's going to sell golden ice cream, toy boy ice cream and lollipop ice cream. :teehee:

goldenice.jpgtoyboyice.jpglollipopice.jpg

Sorry, little :offtopic: perhaps, so back to topic now:

I'm not a big fan of men in suit, but in this case I will make an exception. :thumb_yello:

And thanks everyone for the translation. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Oh I like this car pose! He looks very dapper. :wub2:

"But I think my favorite smell is that of bleach with a touch of tobacco."

Really Mika? :aah: I can totally relate to associating scents with a specific time and place, but tobacco? :shocked: I'm SO sensitive to tobacco smoke I can't be within 15 feet of it. Grossness. :roftl:

Really Mika? :aah: I can totally relate to associating scents with a specific time and place, but tobacco? :shocked: I'm SO sensitive to tobacco smoke I can't be within 15 feet of it. Grossness. :roftl:

I am the same. The smell could be associated with a lot of good things for me but it just makes me ill. I'm so glad it's illegal now. My first job my boss's secretary was smoking Winston's all day next to me. :shocked:

It means we could really do with an Italian member to give us an accurate translation :naughty:

so true...:naughty:

I don't see the point of several people copy-pasting google translations without even correcting obvious grammar mistakes :dunno:

I would have thought that those who post translations either speak the language they translate from or are able to translate it into an English version that makes sense, otherwise people speaking neither languages get fully confused when translating from bad English.:blink:

I don't see the point of several people copy-pasting google translations without even correcting obvious grammar mistakes :dunno:

I would have thought that those who post translations either speak the language they translate from or are able to translate it into an English version that makes sense, otherwise people speaking neither languages get fully confused when translating from bad English.:blink:

I just did it because no one had done it at the time. Quite alot of it makes sense, so it's better to have something rough in the meantime than nothing at all :naughty:

Mika Male!

Eclectic, talented, visionary.

And, above all, ironic. At the identikit corresponds the singer who owes much of its success to creativity. Exactly what we were looking for a men's fragrance!

Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button from Formula 1, Marco Melandri from Superbike, Marco Mengoni, the "Re Matto" (his song) from X-Factor. And then, Mika, the Anglo-Lebanese singer who charmed the music scene thanks to his vocal range (already compared to that of Freddie Mercury) and to his immagination, which gave rise to a recognizable world made of colors, cartoons, theater, games, costumes. They are the men that "Hugo Boss" chose as the face of its fragrance. Not just-beautiful-man but icon of success, driven by creativity.

Mika, tell us about this project.

When someone say to you "campaign for a perfume ", it is natural to think of something macho. Obviously, I've done things my way, throwing out the baby that's inside of me, trying to have fun.

So, icon of irony and not of sex appeal?

The irony is always useful, especially when others are most macho of you.I put my sense of humor anywhere. As in We Are Golden's video (where he sings in boxer, ndr) I felt very sexy, but also very ridiculous. Nothing is certain when you represent the seduction.

Hugo Boss has a very rigorous style, different from yours.

It is true, Boss is not among the designers who usually buy, however too "small" to make perfumes. But when you decide to join on a project like this, you do it because you like the society, the human relationship. The group has convinced me.

Do you usually wear perfumes?

I don't wear them so much for the truth. And, when I wear them, I choose fragrances of small shops, where they attack even the labels by hand. Usually I buy colognes very simple. And then I collect perfumes from all over the world. My favorite are animal scents like the musk.

Your memories related to perfumes.

The women of my family wore strong fragrances: my mother used a Bulgarian rose oil, she is Arabic. But I think that my favorite perfume is the the bleach with some tobacco. I had an aunt that when she finished cleaning the entire kitchen, she sat down and lit a cigarette, she was so sad, alone, we listened to music and drank coffee together. I don't smoke, but I like when people do it in my house because it takes me back to that time.

Do you have some memories linked to Bordighera, where you spent the holidays?

I hated Italy when I was a kid and with my family came in Liguria in the summer. I had to appear too strange and effeminate, and it was impossible to make myself understood even in ice-cream shop.

But now Italians love you.

It took a while, but now I feel accepted by Italy and Italians. If you feel an outcast and you don't give confidence, it is difficult to find a contact.

Have you ever thought about a your own clothings line or a your perfume?

I am interested in creating a world in constant change, with ideas that they don't become necessarily tangible and marketable . For example, it took three months of creative flow, to prepare my concert. If we had done it to sell T-shirts, nobody would have put the heart in it. For this reason, I believe that we should allow to make perfumes and clothes to those who really knows how to make them.

Do you not think that there is an excessive use of celebrity sponsors?No, if there is consistency. For example, everything that makes Beyoncè, it makes sense. She is a superstar and her projects are in line with her character.

Do you still believe that the stars have power on the public?

If there is a strong idea, yes. The campaign for Hugo Boss is interesting because we are a heterogeneous group, it is like leafing through a carnet of men.

Musk and tobacco, wooow, I love them too. Especially musk.:wub2:

Thanks for posting this gorgeous pics and translation girls :huglove:

I love musk too) This is a smell for men, but all the same I love it)

Perhaps, Mika spoke not about a smell of a tobacco smoke, but about a smell of the tobacco. This is absolutely different things...

Happens that I go along on a street and caught the acerb-sweet nutty aroma, and happens that there is a smell of some sour rotten stuff...

Mika Male!

Eclectic, talented, visionary.

And, above all, ironic. At the identikit corresponds the singer who owes much of its success to creativity. Exactly what we were looking for a men's fragrance!

Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button from Formula 1, Marco Melandri from Superbike, Marco Mengoni, the "Re Matto" (his song) from X-Factor. And then, Mika, the Anglo-Lebanese singer who charmed the music scene thanks to his vocal range (already compared to that of Freddie Mercury) and to his immagination, which gave rise to a recognizable world made of colors, cartoons, theater, games, costumes. They are the men that "Hugo Boss" chose as the face of its fragrance. Not just-beautiful-man but icon of success, driven by creativity.

Mika, tell us about this project.

When someone say to you "campaign for a perfume ", it is natural to think of something macho. Obviously, I've done things my way, throwing out the baby that's inside of me, trying to have fun.

So, icon of irony and not of sex appeal?

The irony is always useful, especially when others are most macho of you.I put my sense of humor anywhere. As in We Are Golden's video (where he sings in boxer, ndr) I felt very sexy, but also very ridiculous. Nothing is certain when you represent the seduction.

Hugo Boss has a very rigorous style, different from yours.

It is true, Boss is not among the designers who usually buy, however too "small" to make perfumes. But when you decide to join on a project like this, you do it because you like the society, the human relationship. The group has convinced me.

Do you usually wear perfumes?

I don't wear them so much for the truth. And, when I wear them, I choose fragrances of small shops, where they attack even the labels by hand. Usually I buy colognes very simple. And then I collect perfumes from all over the world. My favorite are animal scents like the musk.

Your memories related to perfumes.

The women of my family wore strong fragrances: my mother used a Bulgarian rose oil, she is Arabic. But I think that my favorite perfume is the the bleach with some tobacco. I had an aunt that when she finished cleaning the entire kitchen, she sat down and lit a cigarette, she was so sad, alone, we listened to music and drank coffee together. I don't smoke, but I like when people do it in my house because it takes me back to that time.

Do you have some memories linked to Bordighera, where you spent the holidays?

I hated Italy when I was a kid and with my family came in Liguria in the summer. I had to appear too strange and effeminate, and it was impossible to make myself understood even in ice-cream shop.

But now Italians love you.

It took a while, but now I feel accepted by Italy and Italians. If you feel an outcast and you don't give confidence, it is difficult to find a contact.

Have you ever thought about a your own clothings line or a your perfume?

I am interested in creating a world in constant change, with ideas that they don't become necessarily tangible and marketable . For example, it took three months of creative flow, to prepare my concert. If we had done it to sell T-shirts, nobody would have put the heart in it. For this reason, I believe that we should allow to make perfumes and clothes to those who really knows how to make them.

Do you not think that there is an excessive use of celebrity sponsors?No, if there is consistency. For example, everything that makes Beyoncè, it makes sense. She is a superstar and her projects are in line with her character.

Do you still believe that the stars have power on the public?

If there is a strong idea, yes. The campaign for Hugo Boss is interesting because we are a heterogeneous group, it is like leafing through a carnet of men.

Thank you Lucrezia!:wub2:

Perhaps, Mika spoke not about a smell of a tobacco smoke, but about a smell of the tobacco. This is absolutely different things......

Yes, you might be right. So far I have flatly refused to buy any scent called 'tobacco' as I don't like tobacco smoke, whilst the scent of the plant might actually bring back some childhood memories for me, too, as my grandfather used to grow tobacco plants and dry the leaves in their attic when I was a kid. However, if the scent reminds Mika of his aunt smoking a cigarette after cleaning, I doubt it is the scent of the plant he remembers, so I find it slightly contradictory. .... unless she made her own cigarettes before smoking, of course :doh:

@Lucrezia thank you for taking the time to translate the article for us :flowers2:

Edited by suzie

This is how rumours spread. You'll see, tomorrow in the sun: MIKA STARTS OWN LINE OF GOLDEN ICE CREAM.

Yes, you might be right. So far I have flatly refused to buy any scent called 'tobacco' as I don't like tobacco smoke, whilst the scent of the plant might actually bring back some childhood memories for me, too, as my grandfather used to grow tobacco plants and dry the leaves in their attic when I was a kid. However, if the scent reminds Mika of his aunt smoking a cigarette after cleaning, I doubt it is the scent of the plant he remembers, so I find it slightly contradictory. .... unless she made her own cigarettes before smoking, of course :doh:

@Lucrezia thank you for taking the time to translate the article for us :flowers2:

I remember, In Soviet Russia there were for one time some perfum " Fragrant tobacco ".

I think that the childhood memories of Mika can deceptive to idealize that smell)). The scent from of childhood:wub2: