Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Rest of the translation (not word for word sorry)

M: We can make love songs that are completely different. EMD, Celebrate are love songs. EMD is about some guy's mother who's telling her son, you are wasting your life, I hate you, I love you so much, look what you're doing with your life... And the guy loses his mind and thinks 'Am I going to kill myself, what am I going to do?'

The interviewer says he thinks and is even sure that Celebrate will be a summer hit, Mika seems not so sure but says he hopes so. Then the interviewer makes fun of him saying he doesn't sing perfectly in key but the music is great, and that a big hit is a song that you can sing even if you're completely drunk. And so they imitate drunk people.

M: There's a strange story about this song as it's a collaboration between me and Pharrell Williams and also a young artist that I found on the Internet who's not famous at all. His name is Ben Garrett (the interviewer acts as if he knew him) , his artist name is Fryars, I heard his music on the Internet, we contacted him by email, I went to his parents' house, he was 22

I: And now you live happily ever after

M: Nearly, but in the studio, that's sure! And I went to his bedroom, I sat on his bed, because he had a studio in his bedroom; and his mother gave us tea and biscuits, we sat and I listened to music, and my ears started to burn, and I told myself 'this guy is 22, he's in his bedroom, he's making discs that we'll hear for years!' So I said, come with me, he said ok, and the following week we were in Miami with Pharrell Williams

I : Fabulous. What I find great in this story is that you had tea and biscuits with the grandmother

It's great to leave the opportunity to other artists and to be open

M: Yes it's so important, it brought a whole new energy

I: Did you **** the mother? (:mf_rosetinted:)

Mika doesn't understand :teehee:

IMO,the first time I listened this song,I'm not really love it and think it not the best song as the first single.But when I listened it again I found this song is what we want to listen by MIKA,is so MIKAish.:wub2:And I think this album must be awesome,differnt kinds of song in it.Celebrate it, MIKA is come back!!!!:aah::teehee:

i really LOVE the song! amazing sound and gives me a summer feeling!

just made a music video for celebrate :)... what do you think?

I like it a lot! You've made a really good job. :thumb_yello:

And I love Celebrate as well, just makes me want to dance and sing along, a real summer hit!

The best part I think is in the beginning when he sings:

I wanna come home

to the only place I know

Where the trees I planted grow

I wanna come home

And what about trying to trend #CelebrateWithMika, are people trying to trend it right now?

Mika: "Elle me dit" can be a love song.

Boy: "elle me dit", you say it's about a guy's mum who says "I'm gonna hung myself". Am I right?

Mika: yes. She tells him "you're wasting your life. I hate you. I love you so much, look at what you're doing with your life!"

Girl: We all experience this when we are teenagers.

Mika: The guy's losing his mind and says "I'm gonna kill myself".

Boy1: Now we'll listen to people's questions. Here is Olivia's. Hello Olivia!

Olivia: Hello Manu (=boy 1)! Hello Mika!

Mika: hello!

Olivia: First, I'd like to say that I love your new single.

Mika: thanks, that's sweet.

Manu/boy 1: Olivia, Mika was really anxious. He thought you might not like the song.

Olivia: I love it!

Mika: that's true, I was anxious.

Manu: He was shaking (shivering?)

Mika: I was not!

Manu and boy 2: Yes! You were!!

Rest of the translation (not word for word sorry)

M: We can make love songs that are completely different. EMD, Celebrate are love songs. EMD is about some guy's mother who's telling her son, you are wasting your life, I hate you, I love you so much, look what you're doing with your life... And the guy loses his mind and thinks 'Am I going to kill myself, what am I going to do?'

The interviewer says he thinks and is even sure that Celebrate will be a summer hit, Mika seems not so sure but says he hopes so. Then the interviewer makes fun of him saying he doesn't sing perfectly in key but the music is great, and that a big hit is a song that you can sing even if you're completely drunk. And so they imitate drunk people.

M: There's a strange story about this song as it's a collaboration between me and Pharrell Williams and also a young artist that I found on the Internet who's not famous at all. His name is Ben Garrett (the interviewer acts as if he knew him) , his artist name is Fryars, I heard his music on the Internet, we contacted him by email, I went to his parents' house, he was 22

I: And now you live happily ever after

M: Nearly, but in the studio, that's sure! And I went to his bedroom, I sat on his bed, because he had a studio in his bedroom; and his mother gave us tea and biscuits, we sat and I listened to music, and my ears started to burn, and I told myself 'this guy is 22, he's in his bedroom, he's making discs that we'll hear for years!' So I said, come with me, he said ok, and the following week we were in Miami with Pharrell Williams

I : Fabulous. What I find great in this story is that you had tea and biscuits with the grandmother

It's great to leave the opportunity to other artists and to be open

M: Yes it's so important, it brought a whole new energy

I: Did you **** the mother? (:mf_rosetinted:)

Mika doesn't understand :teehee:

Are they insane !??!!? it's not even funny.:sneaky2: poor Mika :itsok:

Questions from fans

First the girl says she likes Celebrate, and he's happy, the interviewers say it's good because Mika was really stressed, he was trembling earlier (Mika tries to deny it), Mika explains that it's also because hearing a song on the radio is a different sound.

Question

Have you already been chatted up by fans or have you already used your fame to spend the night with someone?

M : (about being chatted up by fans) Yes of course, from time to time, but I don't know it's...

I : How many babies do you have left somewhere?

M: There are 2.

I : Do you have a lot of wedding proposals?

M : No. You know, I can also be in a bar or something and people don't talk to me. Simply because they don't want to talk to me, they think I'm a monster or something.

I: It's probably a bad breath problem.

M: I know. And now with my bronchitis.. Sometimes it's the other way around. People come and talk to me immediately, and it's often people I don't want to talk to.

Then he says he has a song called Lola because the girl is called Lola.

M: It's about a prostitute, but it's a tender song. It's one of my favourite songs on the album.

(Rest of the translation after the Virgin Radio interview!!)

Another question from a fan

What job did you want to have when you were a child and if you had to change job now what would you do?

M: There was a moment when I wanted to make cigarettes. Apparently when I was 5 all I wanted to do was to make cigarettes. I used to find them very beautiful as a child. I wanted to roll cigarettes. And when people used to ask what I would do later I'd answer 'tobacco'.

Do you often steal things in hotels?

M: Absolutely. Like everybody else. My weakness are spoons. You know the very small spoons that you never even have at home. Small tea spoons. I don't even know their use but I love them, it's like baby spoons. Silver ones, I always nick them here and there. And shampoo of course, sometimes small towels. Not the bathrobe as they'll always put it on the note. You need to take things they won't see. Sometimes what I do as I like cups a lot, don't take them in the bedroom or from the room service as they'll know, but go to the bar, order a coffee, and take your coffee up in your room. And then you have your cup and your coffee. And then I clean up the cup in the bathroom and put it in my bag.

if theres a link to the newest interview i can help translate :)

I recorded it, but too much of it, so the first half of it is Mika's interview, I had a customer so I couldn't press stop on the recorder. Uploading it to Mediafire now :thumb_yello:

I : How many babies do you have left somewhere?

M: There are 2.

Babies?! What does it mean? Real babies?:shocked:

Yes, he's just answering with some humour to the interviewer's joke :wink2:

In the last part of the interview he just talks a little bit about Lebanon and its food, about Madonna's gigs, his gigs in which he says he has already had a lot of problems and which he thinks are not very pop but unstructured

Edited by camille*

Another question from a fan

What job did you want to have when you were a child and if you had to change job now what would you do?

M: There was a moment when I wanted to make cigarettes. Apparently when I was 5 all I wanted to do was to make cigarettes. I used to find them very beautiful as a child. I wanted to roll cigarettes. And when people used to ask what I would do later I'd answer 'tobacco'.

seriously, what's all that smoking stuff about suddenly?! :aah: people are smoking in the myh video, and now he has a song about cigarettes and nicorettes and talks about wanting to become a cigarette maker. i'm an absolute non-smoker and would vote for banning all kind of tobacco commercials, and my favourite artist sings about it. i think this is the first thing ever about mika that i absolutely and 100% don't agree with!! :aah: :aah: :aah:

*rant over* (for now) :mf_rosetinted:

just could join up to this thread! I LOOOVED THE SONG!!! I had my doubts about Mika´s new music after listening to MYH, but after this...I just can wait to have the album!!!! I LOVED THIS SONG!!! happy, rythmical, colorful.... I really liked it!!!! :boing::boing: