Mika Gig for BBC Radio 2 (Jo Whiley) Oct. 4, 2012 + interviews BBC

Naectegale

I've cut song by song and tagged, do you want to upload in rar?

That's fantastic, thanks so much! :flowers2:

MIKA and Mel :wub2:

picture38556149previeww.jpg

picture38556073previeww.jpg

Awwww... a Boy and His Dog! :wub2:

I've made a cover for itunes if you want!!!! I've kept the original graphics from radio 2 website mix with the TOOL artwork. Tell me if you prefer a live picture ;)

radio2inconcertbymika.jpg

Perfect, thanks again! :thumb_yello:

This was such a brilliant performance. I so wish I could have been there.

:mikalove:

I can't wait to listen to this again so I can relive last night. It was absolutely amazing! I had nearly forgotten why I like Mika gigs so much :roftl: I thought this gig would require us to sit down and stay composed, so I was very glad that they wanted us to stand up and dance.

I was fortunate enough to be at the front centre, so that made the experience so much more exciting, between the amazing view, the eye contact, and having a microphone shoved in my face :roftl:

Let me add some of these as well, because this is how I've been feeling for the past 17 hours :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2: :wub2:

hmm donno why but feels like very alien or something not goes well whenever Joy sings 'Everybody stands up and have fun we just begun!' stuff..... :blink: like 'what is that...? :blink:'

The same feeling of me.:aah:

I think its just cause we cant see his mouth or his facial expression. I dont really find any difference from when he speaks anywhere else.

Though its also true that I dont even notice different accents in English speakers....:aah:

really? it's very different to me.... the accent is more British and he mumbles words whenever got interviewed by UK Press.... and the expressions are different.. I mean Mika seems to use more grammatically perfect sentences and normal expressions, talks every word clearly whenever talk to foreign media... and sounds more American English :aah: better to understand that for me.

Edited by Yuna

I think Mika's accent has changed a lot since he first came on the scene. I found him sort of 50/50 American/British and now his accent is mostly British with the occasional American pronunciation or phrase.

"I don't wanna be that guy" is very American though and makes me laugh. :naughty:

You would think with all the cross pollination of American and British TV/movies you would lose out on the distinction but the pop cultures and language are still evolving separately. Even the hip hop culture in the UK is its own thing and very different from the US.

First post updated with all links we have so far:

GIG: listen + download

Interviews: replay BBC Radio 2 + BBC london

Do you have links to the interview, please. I missed it last night and I can't access the podcast from outside the UK....

:puppy_eyes: