dcdeb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He will never live it down. :naughty:

Oh yay, I submitted a bunch of my photos for Mika's Facebook scrapbook, and they posted most of them! It makes me happy that I played a small part in documenting Mika history. :blush-anim-cl:

I have a short clip of Century Man uploaded, but my conscious is angry with me. Would it be frowned upon to post it here? It's really short, and poor quality, but it's still giving a good feel of the song...

I have a short clip of Century Man uploaded, but my conscious is angry with me. Would it be frowned upon to post it here? It's really short, and poor quality, but it's still giving a good feel of the song...

please:pray:

Actually, I take that back. It's in the same key as Century Man, and Origin of Love is in a different key. I think that's another wee bit of Century Man. That is my final answer! LOL

Hahaha!! Okay!! I was thinking that, but I wasn't positive! Thanks!

Finally just getting on here after the show!

My friend Todd and I got to the venue around 8 AM, we were first in line as always lol! In fact if anyone remembers Mika mentioning something about " the lady who got here at 7 AM and now she can't see a f*cking thing" that would be me...LOL! I chose the wrong side of the piano, but it's ok. I could still see, and he gave me a little wave after he said it.

He only knew we got there so early because we tweeted him a little video as soon as we got there.

At one point, I ran back to my friend's car to check on something, and Mika was coming out of the back stage door. He was getting in a cab, and I walked RIGHT BY HIM. I smiled and he smiled back.

I have to say it was totally worth getting there so early. We were ON the stage pretty much. I had to move my phone at one point so Mika wouldn't step on it!

The entire show was just incredible. All of it. I can't even pick out parts right now.

OH! I saw someone mention something about fans who were supposed to have had a meet and greet. That was us. Apparently we were told by someone who did not have the authority to tell us that at all, so the venue tried to work around it by having him come back out into the venue after. We were given permission to stay, but Mika didn't know anything about it, so he went right out to the bus. So then they corralled us to that area saying they'd bring him over to us, but then he just left :(

We were disappointed, but I've met him before and honestly I was still on a high from the show, so I guess all in all it wasn't the worst thing ever.

The concert? BEST THING EVER.

Finally just getting on here after the show!

My friend Todd and I got to the venue around 8 AM, we were first in line as always lol! In fact if anyone remembers Mika mentioning something about " the lady who got here at 7 AM and now she can't see a f*cking thing" that would be me...LOL! I chose the wrong side of the piano, but it's ok. I could still see, and he gave me a little wave after he said it.

He only knew we got there so early because we tweeted him a little video as soon as we got there.

At one point, I ran back to my friend's car to check on something, and Mika was coming out of the back stage door. He was getting in a cab, and I walked RIGHT BY HIM. I smiled and he smiled back.

I have to say it was totally worth getting there so early. We were ON the stage pretty much. I had to move my phone at one point so Mika wouldn't step on it!

The entire show was just incredible. All of it. I can't even pick out parts right now.

OH! I saw someone mention something about fans who were supposed to have had a meet and greet. That was us. Apparently we were told by someone who did not have the authority to tell us that at all, so the venue tried to work around it by having him come back out into the venue after. We were given permission to stay, but Mika didn't know anything about it, so he went right out to the bus. So then they corralled us to that area saying they'd bring him over to us, but then he just left :(

We were disappointed, but I've met him before and honestly I was still on a high from the show, so I guess all in all it wasn't the worst thing ever.

The concert? BEST THING EVER.

Awww! My mother and I were talking about how bad we felt for you. :( At least he kicked his Louboutins at you. ;)

He WAS getting really close to the edge! I had to move my phone also, and he stepped on my poster twice! I really though he was going to go over the side of the stage once. I braced myself for impact. :aah:

We were supposed to have a meet and greet?? :shocked: Oh my lord! That would have been AMAZING. So sad it didn't work out.

Awww! My mother and I were talking about how bad we felt for you. :( At least he kicked his Louboutins at you. ;)

He WAS getting really close to the edge! I had to move my phone also, and he stepped on my poster twice! I really though he was going to go over the side of the stage once. I braced myself for impact. :aah:

We were supposed to have a meet and greet?? :shocked: Oh my lord! That would have been AMAZING. So sad it didn't work out.

Haha! It's ok! I only wish someone had that on tape, because honestly I only caught a little of what he was saying and didn't even know he was talking about me until my friends started flailing lol!!

Haha! It's ok! I only wish someone had that on tape, because honestly I only caught a little of what he was saying and didn't even know he was talking about me until my friends started flailing lol!!

Yeah! I'll keep an eye out. I don't think my mother nor I got any of the speaking bits on tape, but if something pops up I'll shoot you a link!

Micah, you must have been standing right behind me after the show, because I totally heard you shout "No chicken tonight!" and it made me giggle. LOL!

There were some really lovely t shirts there, but I didn't get one, because they took cash only. :( The venue had an ATM, but it couldn't read the worn out strip on my debit card. That'll teach me to skip a trip to the bank before a concert! Fingers crossed that the extras eventually show up in his web store...

I was actually in line behind you at the ATM and I almost pulled out extra money to buy you a shirt too. lol Then I reminded myself that I had already spent way too much money on this trip and really shouldn't be buying stuff for strangers when I need to buy gas to get home. I don't know why I just told you that. Hey, I almost bought you a shirt, but then I got cheap and changed my mind. Sheesh.

That said, thanks for all the lovely photos. I didn't really get any good photos, they all came out blurry. I was actually right behind the girl with the sign for most of the show. It was a night of almosts for me. I almost got a good photo, he almost touched my hand and I damn near got an autograph. Another 30 seconds or so and I would have gotten my autograph. I'm all standing there waiting patiently and suddenly he says goodbye and walks away! I instantly felt sick to my stomach. I even chased after him. I stood right next to the van as they drove off. Every part of me wanted to knock on the window and beg for an autograph, but I didn't. That would have been rude and the last thing I wanted to do was piss off my idol.

Other than that, what a wonderful night. I drove 7 hours to get there. My boyfriend and 10 month old came up with me. They stayed at the hotel so I could go to the concert. Mommy needed some me time and I couldn't think of a better place to do that!

I don't know if anyone remembers me or not. I was the big girl with curly dark blonde hair wearing the black and grey sweater with an Iron Man arc reactor tattooed on my chest. I mention the tattoo because I noticed a lot of people staring at my chest so I'm going to assume they were checking out the tattoo.

I thought the people there were just amazing! Where I live everyone is out for themselves. I've been to concerts here where everyone shoved and punched their way to the stage and I got pushed back and knocked down. I've even been hit in the face a few times. I came to this one ready to stand my ground because nobody was going to shove me away from the stage this time. But just the opposite happened, I got pushed closer to the stage! Love it. Everyone around me was so polite, the tall people were looking back to make sure everyone behind them could see. A couple tall guys next to me let some short asian girls get in front of them. That is so awesome, I never see that where I live. And really that little bit of shoving that took place was nothing compared to what I'm used to so it didn't bother me in the least. As I was dancing I'd bump into people next to me and they would move over to give me a little more room. Just blew me away. I love Portland!

I actually got there just a half hour before the doors opened. Since we had the baby with us on this trip, I couldn't come any earlier, I was away from her long enough as it was. Despite getting there kinda late, I still ended up about a foot from the stage, how awesome is that?

Mika is unheard of where I live. Nobody knows who he is. Around here every listens to either country or heavy metal. I'm a lonely Mika fan here. It was just amazing to finally be around other Mika fans! I'm really thinking about moving to Portland.

I just loved that whole experience. I've been dieing to see Mika for years, it was a dream come true. It would have been the perfect evening if I could have gotten my autograph, but that's ok. Next time, definatly will be a next time. I still very much enjoyed myself.

How do you get to be a big girl dancer? I soooo want to do that! Some day, some day.

My thoughts are kind of all over the place here. The day after I came back from Portland I came down with the flu. I've still getting over it. I'm just glad it waited until after I got back to hit me.

ok I'm done. Thanks again everyone for all the awesome photos! I'll upload some of mine later. They aren't great but a couple of them came out ok. I was too busy dancing to take too many pictures.

I was actually in line behind you at the ATM and I almost pulled out extra money to buy you a shirt too. lol Then I reminded myself that I had already spent way too much money on this trip and really shouldn't be buying stuff for strangers when I need to buy gas to get home. I don't know why I just told you that. Hey, I almost bought you a shirt, but then I got cheap and changed my mind. Sheesh.

That said, thanks for all the lovely photos. I didn't really get any good photos, they all came out blurry. I was actually right behind the girl with the sign for most of the show. It was a night of almosts for me. I almost got a good photo, he almost touched my hand and I damn near got an autograph. Another 30 seconds or so and I would have gotten my autograph. I'm all standing there waiting patiently and suddenly he says goodbye and walks away! I instantly felt sick to my stomach. I even chased after him. I stood right next to the van as they drove off. Every part of me wanted to knock on the window and beg for an autograph, but I didn't. That would have been rude and the last thing I wanted to do was piss off my idol.

Other than that, what a wonderful night. I drove 7 hours to get there. My boyfriend and 10 month old came up with me. They stayed at the hotel so I could go to the concert. Mommy needed some me time and I couldn't think of a better place to do that!

I don't know if anyone remembers me or not. I was the big girl with curly dark blonde hair wearing the black and grey sweater with an Iron Man arc reactor tattooed on my chest. I mention the tattoo because I noticed a lot of people staring at my chest so I'm going to assume they were checking out the tattoo.

I thought the people there were just amazing! Where I live everyone is out for themselves. I've been to concerts here where everyone shoved and punched their way to the stage and I got pushed back and knocked down. I've even been hit in the face a few times. I came to this one ready to stand my ground because nobody was going to shove me away from the stage this time. But just the opposite happened, I got pushed closer to the stage! Love it. Everyone around me was so polite, the tall people were looking back to make sure everyone behind them could see. A couple tall guys next to me let some short asian girls get in front of them. That is so awesome, I never see that where I live. And really that little bit of shoving that took place was nothing compared to what I'm used to so it didn't bother me in the least. As I was dancing I'd bump into people next to me and they would move over to give me a little more room. Just blew me away. I love Portland!

I actually got there just a half hour before the doors opened. Since we had the baby with us on this trip, I couldn't come any earlier, I was away from her long enough as it was. Despite getting there kinda late, I still ended up about a foot from the stage, how awesome is that?

Mika is unheard of where I live. Nobody knows who he is. Around here every listens to either country or heavy metal. I'm a lonely Mika fan here. It was just amazing to finally be around other Mika fans! I'm really thinking about moving to Portland.

I just loved that whole experience. I've been dieing to see Mika for years, it was a dream come true. It would have been the perfect evening if I could have gotten my autograph, but that's ok. Next time, definatly will be a next time. I still very much enjoyed myself.

How do you get to be a big girl dancer? I soooo want to do that! Some day, some day.

My thoughts are kind of all over the place here. The day after I came back from Portland I came down with the flu. I've still getting over it. I'm just glad it waited until after I got back to hit me.

ok I'm done. Thanks again everyone for all the awesome photos! I'll upload some of mine later. They aren't great but a couple of them came out ok. I was too busy dancing to take too many pictures.

Aww, lovely report. I can feel you excitement reading it. I'm glad you had such a great time and sorry you didn't get your autograph, but there will be another time. :thumb_yello:

Welcome to MFC :welcomeani:

Ohhhh! Which side of the stage were you on? I had a sign! Maybe you were near me!

It's too bad you didn't get an autograph, but I have a good feeling that he will come back sometime. He talked about it at some of his later shows! Maybe you will be able to get an autograph then!

Ohhhh! Which side of the stage were you on? I had a sign! Maybe you were near me!

It's too bad you didn't get an autograph, but I have a good feeling that he will come back sometime. He talked about it at some of his later shows! Maybe you will be able to get an autograph then!

Yes I was behind you and saw when he read your sign. I didn't see what the sign said until I saw it on here. It's been pretty cool getting read these posts from people I saw at the show. And I'm so grateful for all the photos.

For a long time I really didn't think I'd ever get to see Mika. A few years back when I was still with my ex fiance I was a huge fan of the American Idol winner David Cook. I bought his first album when it came out and just loved it. Then I found out that he was going to be playing at the California state fair in Sacramento. I told my ex I was going and he told me no. He fought with me for two months because he didn't want to go and he didn't want me going with anyone else. I told him fine, I'm going by myself. He finally realized I was serious so he made me wait until he got off work that day so he could take me down there. It was a 3 hour drive and it was the most horrible drive ever. He was a total jerk the whole way, complained and threw a fit. We got lost trying to get to the fairgrounds and he went into a cussing rage. I tried to stay possitive, but I finally broke down crying when we became late. We finally got there an hour and half after the show was supposed to start and I was praying that I hadn't missed too much.

We got in there to find the show hadn't started yet. I was so relieved. In fact the show didn't start for another hour. It finally started and I was so excited...for about two minutes. Then I was horrified. He was just awful! It sounded like bad karaoke. I swear, he had to have been drunk or on drugs because he just didn't act like he was all there. He was slurring his words, messing up the lyrics. He kept wondering off the stage in the middle of songs. The band kept playing and waiting for him to come back. He left the stage during one song for ten minutes. The band finally gave up and quit playing. Then he played one of his songs, but sang the lyrics to Hotel California. OMG it was soooo awful. I was so angry. All I wanted to do was throw my shoe at his head. I was willing go home barefoot just to nail him with my shoe. It was so bad that when he left the stage nobody waited for the oncore. The crowd was leaving when he came back on stage and they didn't bother coming back to listen, they just left.

But yeah, it was just a horrible trip. I had planned to leave early and get to spend the day at the fair, but my ex made it so I only got to see the concert, made me leave before it was over, and I never got to see the rest of the fair. At least if I had gone by myself I would have gotten to enjoy the fair even though the concert was a disaster.

Luckily I finally got smart and dumped that jerk. I hooked up with one of my best friends from high school about two years ago and am happier than I have ever been in my life.

When I got the email about Mika's North America tour I was ecstatic. I told my boyfriend Mika was going to play in San Francisco, which was the closest one at about 5 hours drive from here. He said no to that one, which I don't blame him, we both hate driving in Frisco. So Then I said the next closest was Portland and he said maybe.

I brought it up again a little later and he started giving me a million reasons not to go. I got my feelings hurt and left the house. I knew he was right though, so by the time I got back I had made peace with the fact I wasn't going to get to go. When I came in the door he got up, gave me a hug, and said if I saved up enough money and got a hotel room in Portland, we could go. I've got the most awesome guy in the whole world.

I saved up the money to make it a three day trip. On the way up we had some awesome pizza in Medford and we hit the drive thru zoo in Winston and had a blast there. Saturday we got up and went to the Japanese gardens in Portland. My boyfriend is a photographer so he really enjoyed snapping pictures there. He stayed at the hotel and watched the baby while I went to the concert. Then we got up Sunday morning and had breakfast with some friends from high school that live in Portland.

It was such a wonderful weekend. Completely different from that awful trip to Sacramento with my ex. And Mika was everything I had expected him to be and more. Awesomely amazing. Whereas seeing David Cook was like being a kid and finding out your favorite TV superhero is really just a stinky bald guy in a rubber suit. I refuse to buy David Cook's new album, I haven't listened to any of his new songs and I haven't listened to his old album since.

David Cook and that awful trip with my ex left a nasty taste in my mouth for a long time, but this trip and seeing Mika has made it all better. Now I'm broke and my credit card is maxed out but it was totally worth it.

I don't know why I shared all that, just felt like it. If you ever think about going to a David Cook concert, don't. He's not worth it. Although one day I just might go to another one just to be able to finally throw my shoe at his head.