2013 - Le Printemps de Bourges - Festival - FRANCE - 25 April --REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamiecullum ‏@jamiecullum 6m

The happy couple. Good to see you at @PrintempsDB mikasounds

:wub2:

c16fd772ae7e11e2a0c0220.jpg

I love this pic, because Jamie comes from my neck of the woods in Wiltshire, in fact 10 miles from my hometown:wub2:

He went to school with my friends son:blush-anim-cl:

I love this pic, because Jamie comes from my neck of the woods in Wiltshire, in fact 10 miles from my hometown:wub2:

He went to school with my friends son:blush-anim-cl:

Aww, both look adorable :wub2:

He is signing my gig diary there and I´m really happy with what he did :wink2:

AWWW! That's great Sabine! So pleased for you! Are you home yet? I was with you in my mind on that train at 6am this morning!

AWWW! That's great Sabine! So pleased for you! Are you home yet? I was with you in my mind on that train at 6am this morning!

I´m at home but after 40 hours without sleep my brain isn´t able to write a proper report.

OMG This show was just perfect! :wub2:

I left Saint-Etienne early in the morning en route to Bourges by car with two of my friends. We arrived at 8 a.m and the waiting began. It was really hot, I even got a sunburn on the nose. We were given confetti for the traditional surprise (butterflies for Lola and golden glitters for Love Today)

The opening of the doors and the way to the front row was slightly chaotic but we still managed to get there, just in front of Tim. There were three artists performing before Mika and they were quite boring (ok one of them was actually extremely boring) except Jamie Cullum who was truly amazing! The basses were too loud though, our ears hurt a bit. Mika was late late late late, as usual :naughty: , but it was worth the wait! He started with Un Soleil Mal Luné, I was a bit disapointed because I would have liked him to begin with something more energetic like Relax so that we could scream, jump and dance (we were about to explode with anticipation)

I was very happy to see him again after 4 months and I think I have NEVER jumped more at a show! The stage set was a mix between the Origin Tour in October/November and the Intimate Evenings.

During the show he said he was really happy to be back in France, that he had missed us but also a lot of bull**** we didn't always understand ourself! He didn't talk a lot though : The concerts were supposed to end at 12 pm and he finished at 1 am! When it was over, we left and sat outside to wait for him. He took the time to go and see everybody to sign stuff. I told him I was happy to see him again and he answered 'So am I!' :wub2: He left and so did we after saying our goodbies to everybody. I didn't take any photo or video because I had forgotten my memory card at home.

All I have is this :

802291Sanstitre1.jpg

I don't usually write reports as I'm not very good at expressing my thoughts in written word but I'll give it a go.

I travelled to Bourges with Mr T, it was his first time to attend a 'proper' Mika gig (he doesn't count Arthur's Day as a proper gig :wink2:). I didn't intend to queue as it wouldn't be fair to leave him to wander around Bourges by himself all day. But we went in search of the venue early in the morning because we couldn't find it the night before. When we got there there was already a queue and Sabine, Melanie (Melalireine) and Nina were already there so of course I wanted to stay and chat. Mr T said he didn't mind if I queued, so that was that. :teehee:

It was a beautiful day, the time flew as it was quite a busy roadway, lots of pedestrian traffic and some nice photos to take.

The venue was a very large tent and around lunch time we could hear the sound check quite clearly. It reminded me of the gig at Eden, Cornwall a few years ago, with the nice weather and sitting outside listening to the sound check.

There was the usual bedlam when it came to opening the gates and it was a free for all (I'm getting way too old for this :teehee:) but we did get front row, and boy was it worth it - at least when Mika came on it was worth it.:thumb_yello:

I can't remember the name of the first act but she was quite good. Jamie Cullum was also good, a bit mad I think.:naughty: And then we had what I can only call a 'tindersticks' moment. Well maybe he wasn't as bad as Tindersticks but he came a very close second... Benjamin Biolay :aah: Or maybe it was just that he didn't play my kind of music and I couldn't understand or hear a word he sang... or maybe he annoyed me smoking and drinking on stage. :dunno: He just wasn't my cup of tea.

Time to catch my breath... back in a bit... :wink2:

Then it was time for the man himself, and what can I say except that he didn't disappoint. I thought that maybe after the NA tour this wouldn't be the same for him, but he gave an amazing performance as usual. He was he great form and the crowd were crazy for him. I can't remember the setlist but he began with Comme un Soleil and also sang Karen, Elle Me Dit and Ma Jeunesse... Doriand sang on Karen and Elle Me Dit with him. He still needed to read the words for Ma Jeunesse.

I can't say anything else about it, it was just another amazing performance from him.

Afterwards we went outside and waited only a short while before he came out. He got out of the car and was talking to someone inside the car, then Doriand got out, he seemed reluctant to do so and seemed quite shy. I thought Mika was also a bit subdued but as always was polite to everyone. I asked if he would mind if I took photos and used flash and he said 'not at all, go ahead'. So I took a few pics. Then it was all over very quick and he got back into the car and off they went.

IMG_9192_zpse6c97d9b.jpg

IMG_9189_zps553d29c0.jpg

IMG_9188_zps4aa7a1f3.jpg

You are a fibber Theresa - you are very good indeed at writing reports!

Thank you - it sounds like a great gig and I am glad you got front row. I have to say that when I saw the first pics yesterday of 'afterwards' that I thought he looked a bit subdued . Your pics are great though - I particularly like the last one of the first lot.:thumb_yello: