MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Thank you Marina and others for your pics, videos, articles and translations! :huglove:

Yes, let me add my thanks to all your help in keeping us connected with Mika will he's on his "Italian adventure"! :flowers2:

interview

[YOUTUBE]Um7cEJiC3JQ[/YOUTUBE]

I'll translate this one too, even if some concepts are the same as those of the press conference, but I think it's still interesting! :)

“For me this is a beautiful experience, it's an ever-changing experience, every day I don't know what... I can't prepare myself! Because everyday is a complete surprise.

I've found three people who are a mix of cultured, educated, very intelligent, but at the same time completely crazy, completely free, and thanks to this I feel... “tranquillo” [you can translate it with “calm/relaxed”], I feel free and this is very important, because a talent-show programme becomes clichè, becomes boring when the judges, and the “talents” too, are not free... Do you understand? When the judge is not … when the judges are not completely free, they become a little bit boring, a little bit clichè. But in this programme there is a lot of freedom, and this is very important.

I have a different perspective, I think, from the Italian people's, just because all of this for me... De Andrè [one of the most important Italian songwriters] is new, most of Mina's songs are new [Mina was one of the best and best-known Italian singers/interpreters from the 60s-70s] to me, and this is a great pleasure, of … of a discovery, in a month, to learn all of these songs, this is a great pleasure, but... It's true that for me it is a little bit difficult, to decide, to choose the repertoire for the contestants from Italian songs [in xf Italia contestants usually sing both English and Italian songs, sometimes even songs from other countries, but not often], for this I need a little bit of help and a little bit more time, but!, we'll see! I'll surprise!”

:)

Thank you Teresa :huglove:

He speaks fast :shocked: it seems he is not searching his words so much, is he? (I don't speak a word of Italian, so I just guess :teehee:) Does he make many mistakes when speaking?

As a language teacher I'm very curious about his ability to learn new languages :blush-anim-cl:

He speaks fast :shocked: it seems he is not searching his words so much, is he? (I don't speak a word of Italian, so I just guess :teehee:) Does he make many mistakes when speaking?

As a language teacher I'm very curious about his ability to learn new languages :blush-anim-cl:

He "knew" spanish, maybe this helps him, there're similar words in spanish and italian

I've tried to translate the other parts (about/from Mika) of the press conference that weren't part of the video Teresa translated already. I hope I didn't get anything wrong, I just begun to learn Italian :blush-anim-cl: - so please correct me :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3946831&postcount=639

http://xfactor.sky.it/2013/09/24/x-factor-2013-piu-interattivo-internazionale/

12.07 The first impression proves to be true: the focus is very much on Mika. A lot of photoshots are dedicated to him

12.54 Video dedicated to the Judges. It should be noted that Mika gives different opinions about every singer. An example? "You sing like a cat on drugs, gone out to the disco, at 5 in the morning"

13.07 At the beginning I was terrorized: We didn't make everything in order [how it is being broadcasted]. Milan was made later than the other days of casting. The audience will see me speaking good and 3 weeks after that they will see that I don't speak and don't understand.

13:14 Mika: "We have found very special talents, totally different than last year. The only thing that is difficult for me is to choose and to evaluate the Italian songs."

13:24 Morgan and Mika are collaborating at... something.

13.25 Mika is beginning to discover the Italian music. He appreciates the old ones, De Andrè, Mina and Paola Conte. He wants to try to make a remake of their songs in a modern way. Mika has asked Paolo Conte to make a duet and Morgan has commented: "Are you crazy?"

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3946980&postcount=681

http://www.tvblog.it/post/397485/x-factor-7-conferenza-stampa-live-tutte-le-novita

Of course, it's also hard to see myself in a video, I think that's a strange thing. I don't like seeing myself. The other thing that I find difficult currently will be to choose the songs in Italian. But you will see on the first episode that I catched up. Yes, because I wanted to know the "old" Italian music better. Very much I would like to reproduce this kind of repertoire with a very modern production

Attention, fans of Mika and fans of Morgan! It seems like the two Judges enjoyed themselves with making music ["suonare" means "playing" as in "playing an instrument", so I think it's meant this way?] together in their free time. What about the "birth" of a record? For now the involved parties prefer not to clear up things. Mika settles the matter this way: "We are doing something. At the moment we have much fun together…"

Honestly? I think he's amazing. I mean, of course he makes some mistakes- little ones, that are often quite funny for an Italian speaker :naughty:- but I think that the most impressive thing is that in a few months he has become able to express his thoughts in a very clear way, and he's willing to risk, he never sacrifices the complexity of his ideas just in order to use simpler words. And surely French and Spanish have helped him a little bit, but you can also see that he has studied Italian, its grammar, because you can't improvise Italian (especially if you're English-speaking, since English doesn't belong to the “Romance languages”) and he even uses some grammatical tenses (I don't know if this is the right word) that even some Italians can't use! :teehee: Really, I'm quite impressed, I'm aware that for foreign people Italian can be difficult, but -as he's said- he always surprises us! :wink2:

I've tried to translate the other parts (about/from Mika) of the press conference that weren't part of the video Teresa translated already. I hope I didn't get anything wrong, I just begun to learn Italian :blush-anim-cl: - so please correct me :wink2:

12.07 The first impression proves to be true: the focus is very much on Mika. A lot of photoshots are dedicated to him

12.54 Video dedicated to the Judges. It should be noted that Mika gives different opinions about every singer. An example? "You sing like a cat on drugs, gone out to the disco, at 5 in the morning"

13.07 At the beginning I was terrorized: We didn't make everything in order [how it is being broadcasted]. Milan was made later than the other days of casting. The audience will see me speaking good and 3 weeks after that they will see that I don't speak and don't understand.

13:14 Mika: "We have found very special talents, totally different than last year. The only thing that is difficult for me is to choose and to evaluate the Italian songs."

13.25 Mika is beginning to discover the Italian music. He appreciates the old ones, De Andrè, Mina and Paola Conte. He wants to try to make a remake of their songs in a modern way. Mika has asked Paolo Conte to make a duet and Morgan has commented: "Are you crazy?"

http://www.tvblog.it/post/397485/x-factor-7-conferenza-stampa-live-tutte-le-novita

Of course, it's also hard to see myself in a video, I think that's a strange thing. I don't like seeing myself. The other thing that I find difficult currently will be to choose the songs in Italian. But you will see on the first episode that I catched up. Yes, because I wanted to know the "old" Italian music better. Very much I would like to reproduce this kind of repertoire with a very modern production

Attention, fans of Mika and fans of Morgan! It seems like the two Judges enjoyed themselves with making music ["suonare" means "playing" as in "playing an instrument", so I think it's meant this way?] together in their free time. What about the "birth" of a record? For now the involved parties prefer not to clear up things. Mika settles the matter this way: "We are doing something. At the moment we have much fun together…"

:thumb_yello: This is great - thank you sooo much, both DerMoment and Teresa, and everybody else for sharing lots of stuff these last days - I love you all for your efforts to keep us "outsiders" updated - THANK YOU !!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

Jeez, you're really good!! it is a very good translation! :thumb_yello: P.s.: another thing that was said during the press conference- and that I think has not been translated yet- is that already during the Home Visit (last part of the auditions) the contestants will sing with a "superband" (sic!) live, and each judge will be in a different location and with a different special guest-judge for the HomeVisit. Mika will be (well actually has already been, they have already filmed it!:wink2:) in Dublin with the Italian young singer (and winner of XF 3) Marco Mengoni. And I'm very excited for this :) because I really like Marco, he's an amazing singer and person, even if I think he could do sooo much better than the songs he sings now, which are a little bit too "traditional" (blame it on the lazy Italian music industry). So if you want to check him out, search for his performances during XF, they were really amazing imo. So :thumb_yello: for the choice!! And again good job for the translation!!

Thank you everyone for posting all those vids and pictures,and helping us with the translations :flowers2:

I like his Italian accent,and I love how the entire world around him become charmed by his knowledge and personality,not only by his look. And I also like that the whole show seems focused on him,the Italians really love and appreciate him,I'm sure this is an amazing experience for him.

I think I've found a working stream:

http://www.coolstreaming.us/blog/diretta-tv/

(You have to click on "Cielo" above the player)

Could someone from Italy check it this stream is the right one?

"http://video.tvzap.kataweb.it/embed/show/conosciamo-i-giudici-di-xf7-animali-da-palcoscenico/2504/2508

cf715fba94a9c425f61cdb1dae04f20d.gif?r=672356cf715fba94a9c425f61cdb1dae04f20d.gif?r=672356

<FORM method=post action=/getvideo/>

</FORM>watch?v=JfuV4szpi1Q&rand=0.9189829038998762&0 soc1.gif soc2.gif soc3.gif soc4.gif soc5.gif soc6.gif :doh:

toy-story-3-trailer-h.gifiron-avatar-2-trailer-h.gifhaters-gonna-hate-l.giffrench-bulldog-roll-over-l.gifcute-french-bulldog-l.gif

Edited by mer

Honestly? I think he's amazing. I mean, of course he makes some mistakes- little ones, that are often quite funny for an Italian speaker :naughty:- but I think that the most impressive thing is that in a few months he has become able to express his thoughts in a very clear way, and he's willing to risk, he never sacrifices the complexity of his ideas just in order to use simpler words. And surely French and Spanish have helped him a little bit, but you can also see that he has studied Italian, its grammar, because you can't improvise Italian (especially if you're English-speaking, since English doesn't belong to the “Romance languages”) and he even uses some grammatical tenses (I don't know if this is the right word) that even some Italians can't use! :teehee: Really, I'm quite impressed, I'm aware that for foreign people Italian can be difficult, but -as he's said- he always surprises us! :wink2:

I'm so happy to read your description! I knew he would do well, he took his Italian studies so seriously! I'm sure you can hear his skills getting better during every live show.

I like his Italian accent,and I love how the entire world around him become charmed by his knowledge and personality,not only by his look. And I also like that the whole show seems focused on him,the Italians really love and appreciate him,I'm sure this is an amazing experience for him.

:thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone for links, vids and translations! :flowers2: I'm actually more excited about this than I thought I would be. He seems to have a lot of fun and I love it that we can see and hear what's happening.

here you are :wink2:

sorry quality isn't great

[YOUTUBE]LjOSYURLnzk[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my, this is totally crazy :aah::naughty:

And judging from these scenes we will probably see a bit more of his "wicked" site during XF :teehee:

Thank you :thumb_yello: I like this small interview-part very much, it's not what he is saying, but how he is saying it :original:

Seeing that and the crazyness & interaction between the judges in the first video (and in some parts of the other videos) I really believe him that he has much fun.

Mika is great, really great! On "Mika italia" on facebook I've seen a video of the press conference, I don't know if it is already posted but it's great (if it is not I can post it). I like when he friendly argues with Morgan, and i like listen to him speaking in Italian, and he's so cute when he makes some mistakes, in the video for example he says "scopato" (swept) instead of scoperto (found out). The funny was also that scopato in italian has also a slang and a bit voulgar meaning. Then he is extremely clever.

Teresa, thank you for your explanation about Mika's italian skills! :thumb_yello:

I think he is very talented for languages, he really feels the language, not academic at all, that's very natural. ok, i'm talking about French here, but i guess it's the same with Italian.

Welcome Fabi, yes, someone already posted this video, thank you! This is really funny :teehee: