MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Thanks Deb for posting:

Nice blog and photos! RT @marcopiraccini1: @XFactor_Italia Siete stati grandi nell'aver voluto @mikasounds http://lafamatifabella.blogspot.it/2013/09/mika-il-fattore-x.html

On this site is a longer video about the press conference as well - nothing really new, but some parts we haven't seen on video so far. Mika's talking is at the end.

0uLXtatBKSA

Thanks Deb for posting:

On this site is a longer video about the press conference as well - nothing really new, but some parts we haven't seen on video so far. Mika's talking is at the end.

0uLXtatBKSA

oh wow, thanks Deb and Berenike!! :wub2:

and here's just Mika's part

[YOUTUBE]E1YoGyJ6BAs[/YOUTUBE]

oh wow, thanks Deb and Berenike!! :wub2:

and here's just Mika's part

[YOUTUBE]E1YoGyJ6BAs[/YOUTUBE]

Oh thank you, thank you all! I had not seen it all! That's very interesting! :)

Oh, I forgot! Tomorrow if I have time I will translate the missing parts! :)

Edited by Teresa

This is the English translation of the third video of the press conference posted here, the one in which Mika talks. Enjoy! :)

MIKA: After having being afraid for many years of this kind of programmes, I've made the discovery of X Factor, I've discovered... [everyone starts laughing because he said “ho scopArto” instead of “ho scopErto”, and “scoparto” is a non-existent word that is quite similar to “scopato”, the past participle of the vulgar verb used to say “make love” ;) ]

MORGAN: Dario Fo would be very pleased... [Dario Fo is an important figure in Italian culture, especially for drama, he won the Nobel prize for literature in 1997]

MIKA: Just a minute Morgan!

MORGAN: No I have to write down these words! What is that he said? “Scoparto”...

MIKA: I like Dario Fo... I've studied Dario Fo in school, but in English...

MORGAN: Oh, Dario Fo in English [quite surprised!]

SIMONA: Ok, 1-1 and the ball is back in the middle of the football pitch [idiomatic phrase meaning that they “are even”]

MIKA: I've completely forgotten what I was saying... F**k...

MORGAN: you were saying scoparto!

MIKA: yes, I've scopaaarto... I've discovered... I've completely forgotten everything!!

MORGAN: That you liked the energy of the programme!

MIKA: Yes! And also I like the freedom of this programme... this freedom... That we can have a press conference in which we are completely free to say everything and nothing at the same time [hints at Morgan, who is known for talking a loooot :naughty:] but with intelligence and while having fun.

I have fun, I'm having a lot of fun. When someone arrives in a city, he looks for friends... that are intelligent, cultured, with access (?), educated, but also completely mad, and without discipline, and this is important, too much discipline is boring, and I've had the luck to find these three friends and thanks to them this challenge – because it's a challenge for me, it's a completely new language- this challenge has become one of the best experiences of these last years, I'm very happy, thanks to them.

MORGAN: thank you Mika. This made another thing come to my mind, since I'm such a “logorroico” [i think you can translate it with “too talkative/verbose”]... Right, you riminded me of one thing. I'm doing X Factor because Mika is in it. I mean... I've even written this to him in a letter. I didn't want to do it anymore [Morgan is a long time xf judge], but the fact that Mika was in it... Well this year according to me the challenge among us will be very different from the previous years, because the entry of a person, of a personality, of an artist like Mika, who has- as we said before- an international “appeal”, a different culture from ours, but who also has a great propulsion to know ours but also to offer his own... According to me this -and he has already done it and we know it [he refers to the auditions that took place in summer and that will now be aired]- well according to me this is giving a result, that the “game” is getting very higher, I mean, everything is higher, and so we are playing a higher, more beautiful match. I feel very stimulated by this, that's what I wanted to say.

ELIO: I also wanted to say one thing. I'm doing X Factor in order to listen to Morgan... too.

*INTERVIEWER starts talking without being listened to* [as usual :wink2: ]

MORGAN: I have to do again your bow-tie because this one sucks...

ELIO: But Mika did it!

MORGAN: and he did it badly!!

ELIO: he didn't like my bow-tie made by Mika...this is a title, a title!

MORGAN: but he did it very badly! This is not the way to do a bowtie!!

And the video ends! Sorry if sometimes I've made some mistakes, I've tried to keep it as litteral as possible :) And yes, Italians are a little bit crazy! ;)

Perfect translation, you rendered the atmosphere between them :thumb_yello:

Mika, tra i tanti talent, ha scelto X Factor Italia: dopo le audizioni e la scelta dei concorrenti (iter che si vedrà nelle prime 4 puntate), pensa di aver fatto la scelta giusta?

Dopo aver avuto un timore immenso per questo programma, ho scoperto la libertà assoluta che regna e l’intelligenza dei mie colleghi. La sfida è diventata una delle più belle esperienze della mia vita.

Si piace in tv?

Ero abituato a lavorare sulla mia voce, rivedermi in video è stranissimo.

Con Morgan sembra scoppiato l’amore (tanto che state preparando “qualcosa” insieme)…

Non solo con lui, tutti e tre sono un mix di cultura ed esperienze. Nel resto del mondo i giudici dei talent non sono così interessanti. E poi sono pazzi.

Crede di aver cambiato l’approccio dei suoi colleghi?

Forse sì, quando lavori con uno straniero, cambia il tuo modo di vedere la realtà di tutti i giorni. Forse in questo li ho influenzati.

Che concorrente cerca?

Un cantante che non sia un cliché, né uno da bar, ma un talento leggero. E quest’anno ne ho trovati tre…

Mika, among the countless talent shows you have chosen XF Italy: after the auditions and the selection of the participants […], do you think you have made the right choice?

After I had been having an immense fear towards this kind of programs I have discovered the absolute freedom that is dominating and the intelligence of my colleagues. The challenge has become one of the best experiences in my life.

You like it in TV?

I was used to work with my voice, to see me in videos is very strange.

With Morgen you seem to have found love (so much that you are preparing "something" together)…

Not only with him, all three are a mixture of culture and experience. In the rest of the world the judges of talent shows are not as interesting. And than they are crazy.

Do you think that you have changed the approach of your colleagues?

Perhaps yes, if you are working with a stranger it changes your way of seeing the reality every time. Maybe I have influenced them in this respect.

You are looking for which participant?

A singer who is not a cliché, nor one of a bar (???), but a talent with a lightness of touch. And this year I have found three of them…

80f18fb8-4c9a-3928-a99e-f7865798f55a

Quite interesting Morgan's shoes :teehee:

Love this pic because it looks they are genuinely having fun. He fits in well, doesn't he? :teehee:

You're right,I thought first that he'll be a little solitary in this story,but he's sticking so well with the rest of the team,it's obvious that he enjoy it.I can't wait to watch more,I like to discover different sides of his personality that usually you can not see it during one gig.I mean we all know he's witty and smart,but now it's even harder for him,having to deal with a new language and culture (AND live shows),and I admire his insanely courage to accept this challenge.

At the auditions in Milan I loved Simo how behaved with him. When he wanted to know a word while people sang, to express his judgement, he often asked to her, and she was always very sweet.

She's a strong woman, you'd never think at the word "sweet" talking about her, you'll see, but can be very protective with people she loves.

That's good to hear,because Simona seems a harsh woman to me.Anyway,my feeling is that all the three judges appreciate Mika,and the interaction between them is great :thumb_yello:

Quite interesting Morgan's shoes :teehee:

You're right,I thought first that he'll be a little solitary in this story,but he's sticking so well with the rest of the team,it's obvious that he enjoy it.I can't wait to watch more,I like to discover different sides of his personality that usually you can not see it during one gig.I mean we all know he's witty and smart,but now it's even harder for him,having to deal with a new language and culture (AND live shows),and I admire his insanely courage to accept this challenge.

That's good to hear,because Simona seems a harsh woman to me.Anyway,my feeling is that all the three judges appreciate Mika,and the interaction between them is great :thumb_yello:

Can't really add anything but concur...