MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

oh wow, thanks Deb and Berenike!! :wub2:

and here's just Mika's part

[YOUTUBE]E1YoGyJ6BAs[/YOUTUBE]

Here it is, this is the translation of the parts of the press conference- the parts in which Mika talks- that have not been translated yet! Enjoy!

[skip the very first seconds]

INTERVIEWER: So, how has it been for you with these three people?

MIKA: I haven't absolutely understood what Morgan said... But...It's ok, thank you... I haven't understood everything! But I completely agree with what I have understood... I have made the decision to do X Factor because I like the energy of the show, from the beginning, still now, I like it more! And I have fun. Is that correct? I have fun.

[From 0:52 to 2:20 it's the part I have already translated, in which he talks about Dario Fo with Morgan, he forgets what he wanted to say and then talks about the freedom of the show]

Yes... At the beginning I was a little bit terrified... We have not done all the sequence in order [he means chronological order], we have done... Can I say it? Oh well I'll say it, we have done... Milan was a little bit after the other days of casting, and for this I'm worried, because the audience... how do you say “they're gonna see”? They are going to see that on the first day I'm quite a little bit more confident, that I speak a little bit more confidently and easily.. But after three days, three weeks later, I'm completely... I can't talk! We have done the reversed order...

MORGAN: You have to do like I did, not going on the first day! [Morgan was very late on the first day of auditions so they started without him and he joined them later on]

MIKA: Help me please! Because we filmed it the wrong way 'round, so the first day, in Milan, I'm confident, and then later I f**k it all up! Oh you cut it out! Oh, ok that's ok! No, I have fun, I have a lot of fun.

[i'll explain this because it's not very clear if you don't know the context. The thing is, that the first days of auditions were in Genoa, and being the first days he wasn't very confident with his Italian, while the last days were in Milan, where he was way more confident. So he was worried because of the editing, because they put Milan before Genoa!]

[From 3:40 to 4:30 it's the already translated part where he talks about the judges as friends]

INTERVIEWER: Is that true that you're planning on making a record with Morgan and that Morgan has asked to make a record with you? [i'm not sure these are the exact words but that journalist had quite a weird voice :blink:] And that you're already producing or writing something? You shut up [to Morgan]

MORGAN: But I didn't tell you f**king anything, I have not understood why...

ELIO: Let him talk!

MIKA: We are doing... An other time (?)...

MORGAN: Don't say anything! Don't say anything Mika!

INTERVIEWER: No we need an answer!

MIKA: No, we're having fun! We're trying something out. We are doing something, but, we'll see. Now...

MORGAN: We are doing X Factor.

MIKA: Yes. Tomorrow evening...

INTERVIEWER: So you're not planning on doing something at X Factor, something together? C'mon!

MORGAN: You'd like it, would you?

INTERVIEWER: Well, why not?

MORGAN: Would you like it? So then we can try to make it happen, we'll work on it, let's say.

MIKA: For me it's really interesting to discover Italian music, I like vintage Italian music, I like... Now I'm learning De Andrè, I'm learning Mina's repertoire, I reeeally like Mina's repertoire in the 70s, also... I don't know, a lot of vintage Italian stuff, that I really like, that I want to try to do [he means re-make] with a production... Is that correct? With a more modern production. For me this is very interesting. Because this is a discovery for me, and I think I have the distance that allows me to try to make a new, modern version of a song from the 50s, for example.

MORGAN: Yes, even if I inform you that Mina's musical arrangements were made by Ennio Morricone.

MIKA: Yes I know I know I know! Ennio Morricone, a great genius. [Ennio Morricone is the Oscar-winning composer, the one who wrote the soundtrack for all the “spaghetti western” movies for example, or for movies like “Mission” or “Sacco and Vanzetti”, or even “Django Unchained”]

MORGAN: And Mina's stuff is beautiful exactly in its musical arrangements

MIKA: Yes yes! But really, I'm not talking about a song of Mina's, I'm talking about two other songs that are not Mina's, they're completely different. But! I like this idea... That's ok, stay calm Morgan [ironically:naughty:]

MORGAN: I'm joking!

MIKA: I dont' want to do a rap version of De Andrè, no!!

MORGAN: No De Andrè no, I'm doing De Andrè!! [ironic, he has made several albums of a sort of re-make of De Andrè's stuff]

MIKA: But, I also want to do... Because there are some singers who are very... I don't know, very...They're not.... They are very fresh. Some of the singers who are [/were?] really really fresh.

MORGAN [who improvises himself interviewer]: Who's your favourite Italian singer of these ones you're listening to? The one you once told me you really really liked, an Italian songwriter, that you really surprised me...

MIKA: Who? Paolo Conte? Yes. But... [i had read in an interview that he knew and liked Paolo Conte because his mother used to listen to him, he's very important but he's not very “mainstram”, that's why Morgan was surprised]

MORGAN [ironically]: And he asked him to partecipate... I mean you asked Paolo Conte to make a duet with you, I mean but are you out of your mind?

INTERVIEWER [trying to bring back some order! :naughty:]: Thank you

MIKA: Sssh!!

[This Paolo Conte thing is quite difficult to explain, and unfortunately I don't know all of Conte's music so well... Let's just say that Mika's and Paolo Conte's music worlds seem a little bit distant – I don't think so, but Morgan probably refers to the fact that Mika is commonly known as a “pop star”, especially by those who only know him superficially because of his singles, and Paolo Conte is the last singer on earth you would call a “pop star” :aah: So a duet between them would be weird, but I think certainly interesting!! Oh, and for those MFCers who remember that video where Mika compulsively repeats “un gelato al limon un gelato al limon un gelato al limon”, well “Un gelato al limon” is the name of Paolo Conte's third album :wink2: ]

Well that's it, this one was difficult to translate, they were wild XD however now Mika's press conference is completely translated! :thumb_yello:

Looking VERY cool :naughty:

So it's not possible to watch outside Italy? Just asking in case I missed something...

No, it isn't..just so you know, I can't even watch the show from italy tonight cause I've got no Sky subscription :emot-sad:

No, it isn't..just so you know, I can't even watch the show from italy tonight cause I've got no Sky subscription :emot-sad:

Oh, sorry I totally forgot that! In my country these shows are always on main tv channels. You will watch it tomorrow? I hope the live stream will work. Last time I could only hear sound...

Oh, sorry I totally forgot that! In my country these shows are always on main tv channels. You will watch it tomorrow? I hope the live stream will work. Last time I could only hear sound...

I have no Sky either :((( I'll watch it on Cielo too. I hope the link for the live stream will work for those outside Italy, however Sky.it should upload the videos after each "episode" (I can't find the right word). At least, that's what they used to do, I hope they will continue to! :)

Since you can't see the program tonight, you could read the live blogging of it. It will be full of pics and update about this episode :wink2:

Here's the link:

http://t.co/G07XUJLu5U

No, but we can watch it tommorow at the same hour on Cielo Channel here: http://www.coolstreaming.us/blog/diretta-tv/ :wink2:

Thanks so much to all of you :huglove::flowers2:

You rock girls :thumb_yello: