Oh thank you for your help but i'm finishing it. You were really kind :wub2:

Ma figurati, lo farei volentieri! Ho visto che fai un enorme lavoro con le traduzioni, quindi se mai qualche volta avessi bisogno di una mano chiedi pure :wink2:

Not everyone would do it!

Now we can say it: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. has entered into the hearts of all Italians.

Strong of the audience conquered during the last edition of X Factor Italy, he now claims much more than a niche in the small screen.

In the new Mika's album, "The Origin of Love", the third of his career, not only the single "Celebrate" is in highlights, written by Mika in duet with Pharrell Williams, but also come under the magnifying glass the works signed by William Orbit, FrYars, Greg Wells (Katy Perry, Adele), Klas Ahlund ("Body Talk" by Robyn). And above all, Benny Benassi, who made the remix of "Stardust" (song sung with Chiara Galiazzo).

After the collaborations with Usher and Ligabue, the team Benassi confirms themselves in the pop world of our country and beyond.

Mika, in this way, makes it even more solid his relationship with a more electronic dance music and he embodies a feeling with our country.

While the malicious talks about his decline in the UK and a search for

a second youth in Italy, he shrugs "For me, yours is the best country in the world, because it manages to retain its own identity. Take Lebanon: it's a suspended country; take France: it has a lot of money but also a serious identity crisis. Italy instead grow its myths, has a cultural and popular heritage. And I think this is a good antidote to overcome the crisis. "

Everybody is crazy for Mika

Integrated as never before in Milan that receives and consumes everything, Mika is entering from the door of a reality show, THE REALITY, X Factor, and not from the door of service.

He has gentle ways, the pop star. He touches the sarcasm, sinks into sweetness, send women into raptures as a prince blue or as a hero of the past. The blogger Wild Lucarelli dedicated to him even a deep thought via social. Placed immediately into the dynamics of the talent, he enjoyed having fun, showing, not a small thing, even a remarkable mastery of the Italian language.

"I like to do everything in a hurry, so I learned Italian as fast as ever, with a teacher who has followed me on the (world) tour."

Perpetually in multitasking mode ("I can do many things together"), Mika has never been a great lover of the tv.

"But I do not forget to be a pop artist, so for me the intellectual things, alienating and trash have the same levels of interest."

I have always accepted the challenges, even the most difficult and strange

If he doesn't create, if he doesn't write songs "in a continuous stream," he says he can also become "a wax doll or a murderer."

He has always accepted challenges. From the arduous things, to the most extravagant ones. He likes to do everything fast. And even say whatever comes into his head.

"I've never been crazy of the Extra Factor. Because at the end of the show maybe one wants to go to sleep. Or maybe, like me, to go and have a beer. "

He fills the malls, Mika. He is now a very strong brand in Italy. The people besieges the citadels of "GDO" and he makes queues for an autograph and a photo.

A handful of weeks ago there was a nice tour between the various MediaWorld, and Saturn to present his "Songbook Vol 1".

Stages almost improvised arranged next to shelves full of CDs to support a massive promotional campaign organized by Universal Music Italy.

In the Internet era, the contact with people count even more. "At the end the reactions of the men are always the same, however. Technology changes the habits...not people. "

Coming out and contemporary pop

About the statement concerning his coming out, he does not harbor

no doubt. Who insinuates that it was a marketing operation, "well...it says a ... hogwash. I waited so long because I was not ready "

But these are only trifles. Or better, pure privacy.

"I would add, however, that it is only through my music that I found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the topic of my lyrics. This is my real life. " And private.

X Factor: Mika wins in style

He didn't triumph with his Violetta (which in the end she was awarded with the third place), however, according to a poll conducted by Showroomprive.it, a website of private sales specializing in fashion, Mika was the character best dressed of all time among judges and conductors that have accompanied the young singers in the history of X Factor Italy (now in France as a judge The Voice).

The Anglo-Lebanese singer scored 29.5 percent of the vote of Italians (on a sample of 1,000 people). Mika managed to beat the competition pillorying not only Simona Ventura, but also Anna Tatangelo, Maionchi Mara and Francesco Facchinetti.

(If there are mistakes, please let me know)

Now we can say it: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. has entered into the hearts of all Italians.

Strong of the audience conquered during the last edition of X Factor Italy, he now claims much more than a niche in the small screen.

In the new Mika's album, "The Origin of Love", the third of his career, not only the single "Celebrate" is in highlights, written by Mika in duet with Pharrell Williams, but also come under the magnifying glass the works signed by William Orbit, FrYars, Greg Wells (Katy Perry, Adele), Klas Ahlund ("Body Talk" by Robyn). And above all, Benny Benassi, who made the remix of "Stardust" (song sung with Chiara Galiazzo).

After the collaborations with Usher and Ligabue, the team Benassi confirms themselves in the pop world of our country and beyond.

Mika, in this way, makes it even more solid his relationship with a more electronic dance music and he embodies a feeling with our country.

a second youth in Italy, he shrugs "For me, yours is the best country in the world, because it manages to retain its own identity. Take Lebanon: it's a suspended country; take France: it has a lot of money but also a serious identity crisis. Italy instead grow its myths, has a cultural and popular heritage. And I think this is a good antidote to overcome the crisis. "

Integrated as never before in Milan that receives and consumes everything, Mika is entering from the door of a reality show, THE REALITY, X Factor, and not from the door of service.

He has gentle ways, the pop star. He touches the sarcasm, sinks into sweetness, send women into raptures as a prince blue or as a hero of the past. The blogger Wild Lucarelli dedicated to him even a deep thought via social. Placed immediately into the dynamics of the talent, he enjoyed having fun, showing, not a small thing, even a remarkable mastery of the Italian language.

"I like to do everything in a hurry, so I learned Italian as fast as ever, with a teacher who has followed me on the (world) tour."

Perpetually in multitasking mode ("I can do many things together"), Mika has never been a great lover of the tv.

"But I do not forget to be a pop artist, so for me the intellectual things, alienating and trash have the same levels of interest."

If he doesn't create, if he doesn't write songs "in a continuous stream," he says he can also become "a wax doll or a murderer."

He has always accepted challenges. From the arduous things, to the most extravagant ones. He likes to do everything fast. And even say whatever comes into his head.

"I've never been crazy of the Extra Factor. Because at the end of the show maybe one wants to go to sleep. Or maybe, like me, to go and have a beer. "

He fills the malls, Mika. He is now a very strong brand in Italy. The people besieges the citadels of "GDO" and he makes queues for an autograph and a photo.

A handful of weeks ago there was a nice tour between the various MediaWorld, and Saturn to present his "Songbook Vol 1".

Stages almost improvised arranged next to shelves full of CDs to support a massive promotional campaign organized by Universal Music Italy.

In the Internet era, the contact with people count even more. "At the end the reactions of the men are always the same, however. Technology changes the habits...not people. "

no doubt. Who insinuates that it was a marketing operation, "well...it says a ... hogwash. I waited so long because I was not ready "

"I would add, however, that it is only through my music that I found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the topic of my lyrics. This is my real life. " And private.

He didn't triumph with his Violetta (which in the end she was awarded with the third place), however, according to a poll conducted by Showroomprive.it, a website of private sales specializing in fashion, Mika was the character best dressed of all time among judges and conductors that have accompanied the young singers in the history of X Factor Italy (now in France as a judge The Voice).

The Anglo-Lebanese singer scored 29.5 percent of the vote of Italians (on a sample of 1,000 people). Mika managed to beat the competition pillorying not only Simona Ventura, but also Anna Tatangelo, Maionchi Mara and Francesco Facchinetti.

Thanks for translating. Well done!

His decline in the UK, as they put it, is just because UK have never had the chance to really get to know this more open, and more confident and comfortable, Mika, the way the Italians have, through the TV appearances.

Universal did a huge promotion campaign in Italy. Well they need to do the same thing in UK! I'm sure, if Mika was more visible and accessible, through the TV, in UK, he would stop the decline and turn it around. Who could resist him, if they had chance to see him again and know him the way the Italians have been able to?

thanks Lucrezia :huglove:

Thanks a lot for your translation Lucrezia :huglove:

Love,love

me

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lucrezia !!! :wub2:

Basically they are just copying and pasting old statements, probably they don't have anything new to say but still are trying some hype :naughty:

Is it just me or Giulio hasn't that look currently? :biggrin2:

Here the translation of the article of Corriere della Sera

I only translate what Mika says. IMO, very interesting.

Mika makes an encore : "I remain in XF , I like freedom in tv"

- I'm Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde : one is the person who composed the music in the studio, the other is the one who sings on stage. Taken separately, they are horrible but together they work well.

The person who is on stage hates those songs that the other one has composed. I's a sort of continuos stunt . At 65 years old, I would still sing , but how will I sing "Love Today" if that fool makes me sing in tones so high? Maybe I'll have to sing in the way of Paolo Conte.

- (about Italy and XF8) For me, Italy is mainly an experience and a cultural discovery. It 's like a new open door, even for my career .

(about XFItaly and TheVoiceFrance) They are really different ... yes, I know, this is a very diplomatic answer . In France, they are more rigid , in Italy there is more improvisation , more anarchy. I was surprised by the freedom of the network here, when they dedicated the opening of an episode to Pussy Riot.

It was a small gesture, a signal. But in France or in England we would not have been able to do so.

- (about Morgan ) Every year, Morgan says that it's his last year in XF. So I never know if he's true or not. (laughs)

- (about sons ) now (to have children ) would be irresponsible and selfish. I'm always in travel for job , I could not put them in the suitcase ! I could not have them now... but one day, yes .

- I am fascinated by the political system of your country. In England, the decisions are always collegial , shared. But you have always needed an iconic leader . In the italian policy there is always a great character...it's like a film, Fellini and Sorrentino put together...there is always a fascinating person, no matter if positive or negative. It's a sort of Greek tragedy.

The journalist who wrote the article, in the end writes: " He is here only for a short time, but he has already figured out everything . " :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Marta.

Thanks Lucrezia !!! :wub2:

Basically they are just copying and pasting old statements, probably they don't have anything new to say but still are trying some hype :naughty:

Epic fail. I didn't notice that your post was from march cause I wasn't able to see the scan at work and thought that the new article was that one above.

Now I'm reading the new one. XDXDXD

• 4 weeks later...
I was inspired by similar threads to open one, where - from now on - we can post all articles and scans from Italian Press, which are worth translating.

I'll keep the first post updated, so you'll be able to find them easily.

Mika in an advertisement on Italian TV - 10 January 2014 video

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28648

'GIOIA' N° 44 2013.11.23

Scans: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3963975&postcount=106

Translation: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3964101&postcount=111

XL La Repubblica September 2012 http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3785707&postcount=54

TV Sorrisi e Canzoni September 2012 http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3785707&postcount=54

Vanity Fair - 26/09/2012

Scans http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3810568&postcount=70

Traslation http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3816631&postcount=75

Sportweek 29/09/2012

Scans http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3810568&postcount=66

Translation http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3810597&postcount=67

VANITY FAIR N° 16 - April, 27 2011

Scans http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3447743&postcount=3915

Translation http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3448349&postcount=517

VANITY FAIR N° 31 - August 2011

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3535892&postcount=51

OGGI N° 35 - August 2011

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3546399&postcount=52

==============================================

2010/2011

XL REPUBBLICA

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24642

====================================================

"Sorrisi e Canzoni" N° 34 August 2010

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24603

Mika on Italian Magazine MAX

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21443&highlight=sean+connery

OnStage magazine ,april (IT) - Mika in Wonderland

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22827&highlight=onstage

Mika in "A" Magazine Italy http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22881

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this thread:

Mika on "Il Venerdì di Repubblica" 16.04.2010

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2932059&postcount=7

2 nice reviews about the Milan show:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2941826&postcount=22

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2941867&postcount=24

"Io Donna" magazine 16.06.2010

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3052571&postcount=38

============================================================

Finding this thread and loving it :wub2: Grazie mille Marina :flowers2: and thanks to everyone who's sharing and translating :flowers2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Mika is on Il Mattino.

Napoli, ok al concerto della Nutella. Mika al Mattino: «Piazza Plebiscito, arrivo»

http://www.ilmattino.it/NAPOLI/CRONACA/concerto-napoli-nutella-piazza-plebiscito-mika/notizie/675762.shtml

Mika pronto per piazza del Plebiscito: «Un onore e un orgoglio»

http://www.ilmattino.it/SPETTACOLI/MUSICA/mika-piazza-plebiscito-federico-vacalebre-nutella-arisa-x-factor/notizie/680595.shtml

Thank you - GRAZIE! - to everyone who takes the time to translate. You bring more happiness to this ol' lady than you will ever know.

Mika is on Il Mattino.

Napoli, ok al concerto della Nutella. Mika al Mattino: «Piazza Plebiscito, arrivo»

http://www.ilmattino.it/NAPOLI/CRONACA/concerto-napoli-nutella-piazza-plebiscito-mika/notizie/675762.shtml

Mika pronto per piazza del Plebiscito: «Un onore e un orgoglio»

http://www.ilmattino.it/SPETTACOLI/MUSICA/mika-piazza-plebiscito-federico-vacalebre-nutella-arisa-x-factor/notizie/680595.shtml

Thank you - GRAZIE! - to everyone who takes the time to translate. You bring more happiness to this ol' lady than you will ever know.

Here the translation:

Naples, ok to the concert of Nutella. Mika to "Mattino" (the Morning):«Piazza Plebiscito,I'm coming!»

The man who will reopen Piazza del Plebiscito to the music («but it's a paradox that Bruce Springsteen could pass as the one who has closed it») is in Paris, where he is recording his new album.He interrupts the session to talk about his participation, on May 18, at the feast of Naples for 50 years of Nutella: has just came the news of peace - that looks like an armed truce - with superintendence.

The concert can be done, Mika.

«Good. I know little about the issue, I was informed of the problems encountered, I can't go into the contents of the matter, but I can say some things about it».

Please.

«I come to Naples, a city of art and culture with respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of who knows that will perform in the parlor of the city, in the past granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and more recently denied.But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, turned (/were transformed) to my child's eyes when I lived them as a frame of a show dear to me.I don't want, we don't want to take anything away from the history and art of Naples, but add joy, fun, my voice, my songs».

Let's talk about the show, then. How will it be?

«It's not my show, and, given the setlist/schedule that includes other guests, among which is Arisa, that I love and I'm glad to find her again, I will perform for just 75 minutes, trying to concentrate the best of my will/desire to perform».

Mika ready for Piazza del Plebiscito: «An honor and (a) pride»

The pop star tells the projects for the concert in Naples: "Joy and music add to the monuments, don't take away/detract"

The first part is the same of the article above.This is the other part:

Will you prepare something special for Naples?

«Yes and no. No, because I'll be true to myself. Yes, because the energy that will come back to me, the vibrations of the Piazza del Plebiscito, will make the difference. This will be my only summer concert, thank you of the invitation and I hope it will become outstanding for the audience as it already is for me».

You don't know Naples, but you have been to Positano.

«Sure, and I've realized how many different Italie (Italys or Italies) exist.For work I tended to confuse Italy with Milan and Rome, but a summer trip has allowed me to go through all the Boot in the car and I realized that there are important differences, of climate, of food, of warmth.I wanted to give me a vacation by car from London and to stop where I wanted, had to be a few days with four people, have become four weeks with 24 people, including family and friends, with a caravan of cars.We left London on the route by Switzerland, we stopped in Santo Stefano Belbo, in Tuscany and then to Positano: here, in a small hotel, I enjoyed the best days of the past ten years.The sea, the cooking/cuisine, but also the warmth/welcoming of the people: in Switzerland when they saw our parade of cars closed the windows, you did not even noticed (/give any attention to) what we were doing.My roots Lebanese have made me feel at home. At a party there was also a group that has given us a concert of Neapolitan songs: beautiful, but I was at a party, I can not remember what».

Let's talk about the album you're recording in Paris, the fourth of your career after "Life in Cartoon Motion" (the dazzling debut in 2007 with the superhit "Grace Kelly"), "The Boy who knew too much" (2009) and "the Origin of Love "(2012), not to mention the anthology last year's" Songbook vol. 1 ".

«We are focusing on the single, but the entire album is ready. I wrote it in my own way, in one go/on the spot, free from any conditioning (influence/bias) now begins the most difficult one in which I have to share with others my project, accept or reject suggestions or compromises, deal with showbusiness».

Ready for the new round of 'X-Factor Italy'?

«Sure. Even in TV the initial is the most exciting phase: the competitors do the program/show. If you find good (competitors) you'll go strong, otherwise ...Here, I had done television, but before the talent show for Sky I had never got my hands dirty. When they have proposed it to me I have taken them for fools, but I realized that they were serious and I quickly said yes.In a language I didn't know, in a country that I love a lot and I know little... it was just perfect to force me to be myself.I did it and I do/did not regret it and if I've done other tv, "The voice of France" for example, it was because I had already broken the ice.And so, even compared to the record companies, I am free to follow my creative intuition».

Here the translation:

Naples, ok to the concert of Nutella. Mika to "Mattino" (the Morning):«Piazza Plebiscito,I'm coming!»

The man who will reopen Piazza del Plebiscito to the music («but it's a paradox that Bruce Springsteen could pass as the one who has closed it») is in Paris, where he is recording his new album.He interrupts the session to talk about his participation, on May 18, at the feast of Naples for 50 years of Nutella: has just came the news of peace - that looks like an armed truce - with superintendence.

The concert can be done, Mika.

«Good. I know little about the issue, I was informed of the problems encountered, I can't go into the contents of the matter, but I can say some things about it».

Please.

«I come to Naples, a city of art and culture with respect and emotion, with responsibility and pride of who knows that will perform in the parlor of the city, in the past granted to popes, rock stars and political leaders and more recently denied.But I come to Naples with the awareness that famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, turned (/were transformed) to my child's eyes when I lived them as a frame of a show dear to me.I don't want, we don't want to take anything away from the history and art of Naples, but add joy, fun, my voice, my songs».

Let's talk about the show, then. How will it be?

«It's not my show, and, given the setlist/schedule that includes other guests, among which is Arisa, that I love and I'm glad to find her again, I will perform for just 75 minutes, trying to concentrate the best of my will/desire to perform».

Mika ready for Piazza del Plebiscito: «An honor and (a) pride»

The pop star tells the projects for the concert in Naples: "Joy and music add to the monuments, don't take away/detract"

The first part is the same of the article above.This is the other part:

Will you prepare something special for Naples?

«Yes and no. No, because I'll be true to myself. Yes, because the energy that will come back to me, the vibrations of the Piazza del Plebiscito, will make the difference. This will be my only summer concert, thank you of the invitation and I hope it will become outstanding for the audience as it already is for me».

You don't know Naples, but you have been to Positano.

«Sure, and I've realized how many different Italie (Italys or Italies) exist.For work I tended to confuse Italy with Milan and Rome, but a summer trip has allowed me to go through all the Boot in the car and I realized that there are important differences, of climate, of food, of warmth.I wanted to give me a vacation by car from London and to stop where I wanted, had to be a few days with four people, have become four weeks with 24 people, including family and friends, with a caravan of cars.We left London on the route by Switzerland, we stopped in Santo Stefano Belbo, in Tuscany and then to Positano: here, in a small hotel, I enjoyed the best days of the past ten years.The sea, the cooking/cuisine, but also the warmth/welcoming of the people: in Switzerland when they saw our parade of cars closed the windows, you did not even noticed (/give any attention to) what we were doing.My roots Lebanese have made me feel at home. At a party there was also a group that has given us a concert of Neapolitan songs: beautiful, but I was at a party, I can not remember what».

Let's talk about the album you're recording in Paris, the fourth of your career after "Life in Cartoon Motion" (the dazzling debut in 2007 with the superhit "Grace Kelly"), "The Boy who knew too much" (2009) and "the Origin of Love "(2012), not to mention the anthology last year's" Songbook vol. 1 ".

«We are focusing on the single, but the entire album is ready. I wrote it in my own way, in one go/on the spot, free from any conditioning (influence/bias) now begins the most difficult one in which I have to share with others my project, accept or reject suggestions or compromises, deal with showbusiness».

Ready for the new round of 'X-Factor Italy'?

«Sure. Even in TV the initial is the most exciting phase: the competitors do the program/show. If you find good (competitors) you'll go strong, otherwise ...Here, I had done television, but before the talent show for Sky I had never got my hands dirty. When they have proposed it to me I have taken them for fools, but I realized that they were serious and I quickly said yes.In a language I didn't know, in a country that I love a lot and I know little... it was just perfect to force me to be myself.I did it and I do/did not regret it and if I've done other tv, "The voice of France" for example, it was because I had already broken the ice.And so, even compared to the record companies, I am free to follow my creative intuition».

Thanks!

Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/musica/2014/05/16/news/mika_concerto_napoli-86331613/

173909731-f014e07e-297b-49fb-aba1-acf6ec18234c.jpg

(translation)

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square, is a special concert. Mika knows it very well.

" Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May.

"It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour. But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works, pop, fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how. But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album.

"This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

Edited by Marta.

Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/...3/?ref=HRERO-1

173909731-f014e07e-297b-49fb-aba1-acf6ec18234c.jpg

(translation)

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square, is a special concert. Mika knows it very well.

" Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May.

"It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour. But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works, pop, fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how. But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album.

"This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

Thank you for posting and translating :thumb_yello: