Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Marina, did you record it ? I couldn't be online at that time...

unfortunately I didn't, I was too late for the interview

Hopefully someone else recorded it, there seems to be no podcast

I had recorded the NRJ interview, but we have a podcast of it :naughty:

I have recorded the wrong one ;)

Edited by mari62

I'm totally lost, I hope that in some days someone would do a recap post with all the links together. #wishfulthinking

we need Mari62 for this......:wub2:

I'm sorry, but I don't have much time in these days, maybe someone else can do it

If you want to watch Mika on France 5 at 7pm where he'll probably sing, here's the streaming: http://www.cloud-tivu.net/Blog/france-5-en-direct-streaming-a-letranger/ (hope it works for everyone)

Just to be more precise, he's invited for the 'dinner' part which starts at 7.30

It's the same show he was on in September 2012. Loved it back then!

You ended up together on the first page of "Voici" a few weeks ago.....

It wasn't negative. I happen to be a public person. I'm in a TV show in Paris. We are a couple taking a stroll. It's very trivial, very normal, and nothing to make a fuss about. Seven years ago when I started my career, it would have been written in the same manner.

I'm very glad to see he shares my opinion on the matter. Celebrity on a busy street, so what? :thumb_yello:

it sounds absolutely wonderful

And as always super thanks to who are working on the translation and posting the pics :wub2:

So many things to catch up after almost whole day without phone,it's really a busy day for mika tho:thumb_yello:

Great pics Eriko :wub2::huglove:

My translation is ready

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4018692&postcount=887Mika gets undressed for his new single

Mika s new single is out today , it's called "Boum, Boum, Boum" and it's a fun and sexy answer to anti gay demonstrators.

Interview by Emmanuel Marolle published June 11th 2014 8 AM

Propos recueillis par Emmanuel Marolle | Publié

Paris yesterday (19th district)

Mika is in Paris and he explained his new single which is about a couple making love. Openly gay and supportive of equal rights for all, the british-lebanese singer wants to "create more tolerance /open minds with a very joyful song" (Olivier Lejeune)

Mika's back in France...and his candidate in The Voice. In Paris for two days, Mika was singing last night in the Zénith (recording for the show "La Chanson de l'année" (The song of the year) on TF1 . He covered "La Seine"(original song by M and Vanessa Paradis) with Kendji his winning candidate in "The Voice". But the British-Lebanese singer was mainly there to launch his new single which is in French. "Boum, Boum, Boum" is released today before his new album which should be out it November.

ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC

VIDEO. Mika : «I have freed myself. Mika dynamites The Voice. A frolic and commited song, sexy , fun and gay. A couple making love where they want, when they want. Perhaps a summer hit . More explanations with Mika who is more sparkling than ever.

How was this new song born?

MIKA. I was with Doriand, with who I write my songs in French ( As EMD adds the journalist) We were having dinner in a very posh restaurant in the sixteenth arrondissement (district) . And in a building next to us , I see a guy getting ready , looking at himself in the mirror and removing his boxers! The woman he was with finally shuts the blinds. I said "They are going to make Boum Boum Boum" . And it was the start of it. We wrote the song on the tablecloth, everywhere in all directions, while drinking a bottle of red wine.

J: It's not trivial to make such an explicit song after coming out as a gay and soon after the debate about equal rights for all (gay marriage)

MIKA Of course not. I want to create tolerance/open minds with a very joyful song. This rather violent debate came as a surprise for me. But it takes time for everyone to become aware that neither family traditions nor children are in danger.

J: Is this an answer to the demonstrations against equal rights for all?

MIKA: Yes. I got involved in this debate at that time. I gave a concert to celebrate gay mariage and I was for a few hours a symbol of this fight. And I even went through a very bad experience in a restaurant where I was eating with my family. There were people at a table near us who were saying nasty, awful, agressive things about gays, about me. The restaurant owners ended up playing my songs so loud in the restaurant that no one could talk any more. So this song is linked to all this background but it's also about love in general.

J: Do you want to get married with your companion ?

The ceremony, the celebration, my grandma throwing rice on me? Not now? This is not what matters most. But I want to have the right to protect the person I love, to be with him in hospital (if he is) It's a sort of union. We've been together for a very long time. We are discreet, but we don't hide either.

You ended up together on the first page of "Voici" a few weeks ago.....

It wasn't negative. I happen to be a public person. I'm in a TV show in Paris. We are a couple taking a stroll. It's very trivial, very normal, and nothing to make a fuss about. Seven years ago when I started my career, it would have been written in the same manner.

J: Do you want to have children?

MIKA: I don't know. My sister just had one and , frankly that's painful (laughing) . I even offered her a nanny as a gift so she can rest a little!

J: How is the album going?

I'm recording it in London and Los Angeles. There are three songs in French but which will not only be for France. They will be as well in my American CD. Because now, that's part of me.

VIDEO

Mika's heart goes boum

That's lovely. Thanks for the translation!

I just wrote down Mika's interview on tv, I need some minutes to swap from jibberish (now it's itafrenglish) to english. My lame connection got stuck many times, hubby's cooking and I have to time to check on my friend the dictionary, sorry.

Here we go:

He gives to the showgirl a lebanese item which is supposed to protect people, cause he says he's superstitious, he himself has some of them at his place

They are called devil's eye and actually are more turkish then lebanese

BBB talks about love, actually about sex and was created in a chic restaurant on the 16th avenue in Paris.

Mika was there with Doriand, they were having dinner and were both tired, they had some wine and while they were eating, Mika looked out of the window, to the right, and saw a guy in the flat in front of them, who was undressing himself. The dude went on and on and was admiring himself into the mirror, without any shame. Finally, a girl came and shut the curtains. Mika and Doriand giggles and joked cause this thing broke the chic contexte and changed the atmosphere. They joked about boum boum boum happening in the fancy 16th avenue, which seemed pretty absurd, funny and joyful in that chic context.

Mika will record BBB in two days, in Spain. The song will be in the American album, since Mika can't split it cause it's a part of his life. Something about a dedication to Aznavour who came and introduced himself while they were covered with ink.

Mika never did TV before XF cause it scared him, even if he liked the idea, but then he decided to to something crazy and italian XF is crazy, different from the ones from the other countries.

He hired this Isabella girl, a sicilian teacher from Palermo who had never traveled outside Italy before, and suddenly went on a mondial tour with him.

He's been asked to talk about a Christine singer, he said she's good and the revelation of the month.

Awkward moment where the showgirl told him that he has to have some fetish singer and propose Freddy Mercury and tried to push him to sing Bohemian Rhapsody (nope), then she asked him which approachable does he have (Nina Simone and Barbara) and here we go again, she tried to make him sing again something by those singers.

Then some recipe happened and he actually ate it, saying that we usually expect that food to be fake or disgusting, but that that one was pretty good.

Game: they played some songs with some boum in their lyrics and asked them to recognize the song (the man doesn't know La Boum movie)

He mentioned a friend of his who's from Las Vegas and sings into the new single and he liked the idea of an american accent. (we know it's Skyler Stonestreet)

Then he kept eating, dude, stop stuffing yourself, ffs! :aah:

He said that he bet on Kendji, he told him: the other coaches didn't choose you but I'm going to do something with you and everybody will be shocked.

He doesn't know why boys keep winning The Voice, he doesn't think that masculine voices are more original. Of course it helps to have both a pretty face and a good voice. But he's sure it's not about girls voting more than boys because they indulge to their hormones, that would be just an easy answer.

Nikos thinks that Mika is cosmopolitan and very witty and never forgets that the family is the more important thing, more important than everything else.

Awkward moment where the showgirl told him that he has to have some fetish singer and propose Freddy Mercury and tried to push him to sing Bohemian Rhapsody (nope), then she asked him which approachable does he have (Nina Simone and Barbara) and here we go again, she tried to make him sing again something by those singers.

Then some recipe happened and he actually ate it, saying that we usually expect that food to be fake or disgusting, but that that one was pretty good.

Game: they played some songs with some boum in their lyrics and asked them to recognize the song (the man doesn't know La Boum movie)

He mentioned a friend of his who's from Las Vegas and sings into the new single and he liked the idea of an american accent. (we know it's Skyler Stonestreet)

Then he kept eating, dude, stop stuffing yourself, ffs! :aah:

He said that he bet on Kendji, he told him: the other coaches didn't choose you but I'm going to do something with you and everybody will be shocked.

He doesn't know why boys keep winning The Voice, he doesn't think that masculine voices are more original. Of course it helps to have both a pretty face and a good voice. But he's sure it's not about girls voting more than boys because they indulge to their hormones, that would be just an easy answer.

Nikos thinks that Mika is cosmopolitan and very witty and never forgets that the family is the more important thing, more important than everything else.

Mika says that his mother makes clothes, even the ones he uses on stage, and that Yasmine drew Boum Boum Boum's cover while sitting in his kitchen.

He was paied to work in the showbiz since he was 10 y.o. and when you grow up in such an environment, you are like a boxer on stage but then you stay hidden and introvert when you're off stage.

The dragon of Parc aux Princes gig was 140 metres long and was made by Zuleika who was studying fashion in Bejing. There were 55 000 people in Paris, but in Naples there were more: 50 000 were squeezed in the square, but there were 100 000 peeps in the surroundings (police didn't allow them in the square cause it wasn't possibile)

In Rouen there were 75 000 people.

Talked a bit about the blue suit he used for The voice, there was just that very one so it was so filthy that if you dropped it on the table it would have stand on itself.

Edited by Elwendin

About the interview at NRJ this morning: I went for subtitles because I was tired just imagining how to put the Donald Duck thing into words.

Two things though: First, I've skipped the games, because it's just people you don't know winning things you're not winning, so appart if you want to know that Mika is unable to remember a short sentence he was just said and that next time he'll go to NRJ he will be wearing underpants only....

And second, some bits were missing in the only file I managed to get so I did with what i had. I don't think that much is missing though, in fact the only missing bits I remember (it might not be the only one but I do think it is) are those three:

- At a point he said he has been wearing the same suit for days because British Airways has lost his luggages and he's been waiting for them since last wednesday apparently. To which the radio team added that he probably didn't take a shower since then either as his toilet bag were lost too; and he answered that it's not that bad as he smells good naturally anyway :aah:.

- Fascinating stuff incoming: he also said he does his laundry himself, except at hotels because it'll be rude to ask them to put a wahsing machine in his room. He doesn't care doing it because it's easy, you just have to press some buttons . But he hates ironing. But he likes the smell of the steam and he likes to press the button because it goes pshhit. I told you it was fascinating :P

- When recording in LA he used the accoustic of different rooms. He has recorded bits in the bathroom and, apparently, in the toilets. Leading to a misunderstanding when the team were joking about him without him even noticing (I'll let you guess, it involves microphones and toilets).

For the rest here it is, I hope I haven't make too many mistakes

->

And from C à vous (I am getting better at picking my tv :aah:)

Bp3c0XGIQAAPj8_.jpg

About the interview at NRJ this morning: I went for subtitles because I was tired just imagining how to put the Donald Duck thing into words.

Two things though: First, I've skipped the games, because it's just people you don't know winning things you're not winning, so appart if you want to know that Mika is unable to remember a short sentence he was just said and that next time he'll go to NRJ he will be wearing underpants only....

And second, some bits were missing in the only file I managed to get so I did with what i had. I don't think that much is missing though, in fact the only missing bits I remember (it might not be the only one but I do think it is) are those three:

- At a point he said he has been wearing the same suit for days because British Airways has lost his luggages and he's been waiting for them since last wednesday apparently. To which the radio team added that he probably didn't take a shower since then either as his toilet bag were lost too; and he answered that it's not that bad as he smells good naturally anyway :aah:.

- Fascinating stuff incoming: he also said he does his laundry himself, except at hotels because it'll be rude to ask them to put a wahsing machine in his room. He doesn't care doing it because it's easy, you just have to press some buttons . But he hates ironing. But he likes the smell of the steam and he likes to press the button because it goes pshhit. I told you it was fascinating :P

- When recording in LA he used the accoustic of different rooms. He has recorded bits in the bathroom and, apparently, in the toilets. Leading to a misunderstanding when the team were joking about him without him even noticing (I'll let you guess, it involves microphones and toilets).

->

Bp3c0XGIQAAPj8_.jpg

This is brilliant, thanks so much, Melyssa! :flowers2:

->

Bp3c0XGIQAAPj8_.jpg

Thank you very much for everything !

please, can you put here the transcript?

So I can use a translator to understand another language.

Thank you very much

Right now on the radio:

Relax wasn't supposed to be a song for the radio (Grace Kelly was), but radio stations decided to broadcast it; Mika was in USA with his cousin when he got to learn that it was on 7th position on french charts, that was they very first time he was hit the charts.

Boum boum boum was finished just 2 weeks ago

He's happy about it being his first single of the new album, it's joyful and talks about tolerance

Stuff about Kendji, same old same old, someone else will translate that :facepalm:

When he accepted to do The Voice he made clear he didn't want it to take all this time, cause he wanted to keep writing music as well, cause if he doesn't write he isn't a musician any longer. If he's not a musician he's frustrated. If he's frustrated he's no longer himself even on The Voice show, so that way he made them to protect him and allow him to have time to make music

Next The Voice season: we'll see. He would like it, but he would like to go on tour as well

Playing Relax right now, bless his soul so that I can catch up :aah:

Me and my sister in my mom's kitchen. She lives at NY but we use to work at my family's place. We did the cover there.

I make fun of myself picturing myself on the mountain, in that world only the crazy ones stay.

In the next clip: I will be James Bond, cowboy, laurence d'arabie, I had to ask for many favours in order to be able to do it, cause the budget wasn't easy to cover. It's beautiful, funny, very cinema-like, I'm scared, I didn't wanted to do it but after all the TV I did.... I adored Fanny ardent in EMD vid, and doing underwater, but this clip will be crazy. There will be me, à fond (translation later)

He's not interested in doing cinema

musical colours about the album: it will have some french songs but not has a bonus, cause french it's a part of his identity. It will be a mika album, always a bit made of his own way. Greg is working on it, and so do some friends as a background voices (eg Skyler) but there are no real featurings nor collaborations.

Date of release of the next album: MISSED IT CAUSE MY DOG WAS BARKING

Century man and ma jeunesse aren't on the album list for now.

The clip looks huge but it will be made just with the help of some friends.

He says he sucks at instangram and twitter: he forget about twitter, he forget to post, it's not like he doesn't want to or that he's sick and tired of it. It's easy to forget twitter for days. He realizes that it has been days since he has posted last time (generally speaking)

They said to him to post boum boum boum but he forgot. They called him from home after 15 minutes telling him that he forgot....

do you have time for your family between XF and the new album: yes, cause I'm lucky enough to work with my friends, even with doriand: we can't work well if we don't have fun. we write well if we have fun.

Again the story of how BBB was written in the Restaurant Stella in the 16th avenue, and he said that someone tried to grab the tablecloth where he wrote it but he saved it

He's planning to work in studio the whole summer, then holidays in september, he loves holidays in autumn cause there's no one around

Edited by Elwendin

He said he doesn't know if he'll do the next The Voice,because he's going to work on the studio for his album and then he wants to tour many countries.

Edited by krysady

Can anyone tell me what did he say about Greg? and 'Century Man', please?

He said he's working with Greg at his album,and he doesn't know yet if Ma Jeunesse and Century Man will be on the album......right now those songs are not on the "short list",but nothing is sure yet. But he said that he'll perform these songs at his gigs anyway.