Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Interview @ «Le Before du Grand Journal»

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-before-du-grand-journal-canal/

Thanks to MikaWebSite[.Com!] :huglove:

*Could someone tranlaste it please? Or at least a summary of what they were talking about

Thanks a lot for sharing !!

it's the ORIGINAL link.

Le Before du Grand Journal

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-divertissement/c-le-before-du-grand-journal/pid6429-l-emission.html?vid=1087154

VIDEO VK ( without watermarks ) https://vk.com/video232312753_169067162 ( it's BLOCKED in Italia )

YouTube

( it's BLOCKED in France )

[YOUTUBE]NcbvxX-QLs8[/YOUTUBE]

a pic from Facebook

14229337997_3ec9f7452d_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

Other two nice articles:

Mika : des odeurs de vodka pendant The Voice...

http://www.purebreak.com/news/mika-des-odeurs-de-vodka-pendant-the-voice/75362

Mika : "J'ai fait danser Pagny et Garou jusqu'à 5 heures du matin"

http://lci.tf1.fr/people/mika-j-ai-fait-danser-pagny-et-garou-jusqu-a-5-heures-du-matin-8433547.html

If no one else does the translation of them, I can make it tomorrow evening :original:

Thanks a lot for sharing !!

it's the ORIGINAL link.

Le Before du Grand Journal

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-divertissement/c-le-before-du-grand-journal/pid6429-l-emission.html?vid=1087154

hahahaha I love this!!:wub2::wub2:

"tu est sure que c'est pas toi dans la fenêtre?"

"are you sure it wasn't you in that window?":mikadas:

such a clever way to change the subject... :mikacool:

It's about Mika introducing a playlist he likes.

London Grammar so far (wasting my young years)

Annie Lennox: they had the same singing teacher, he used to meet her cause she always had her classes before him. I says she never changed (I think, I got distracted posting here... :aah:)

Edited by Elwendin

And again... translation please :aah:

I can translate CherieFM but pls someone give me just ONE link for it so that I don't have to check them all looking for differences. This way I'll update also the post where we are collecting all the interviews so that we don't get lost.

Thanks.

MERCI :huglove: J'aime your looong and great report, incl. the pic! I would like to know who's who, if possible ? The funny thing is, while I was reading it, my radio started to play the classic song: "Champs Elysses" ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I edited my post with the names (and MFC nicknames) :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4019349&postcount=1017

Mika sur Chérie FM - notes

Much changed since Mika and that host met more than a year ago: "I feel free."

Mika is amused by hearing the host saying "boum boum boum" and tells that when they wrote it they thought it would have been fun to call a song like that and nice hearing people saying it.

The host mentions he has a slight accent and Mika goes: "what accent! I don't hear my accent"

The host asks Mika if he is pleased to speak french again

Mika answers that he adores it, he practised with The Voice

Mika says he's happy to be in france not only for TV or gigs, cause usually when he's in france it's always about work, while now he had some time to "put himself" again in this city where he grew up

Story of how BBB was created at the restaurant, I'm so not translating it again.

It's about love being the same for everyone, universal, and it's always about tolerance and freedom. It's also about politeness which can break hearts, it's dangerous to be too much polite and to be ashamed as it's not tolerant, it's not joyful.

"Je me sens tres libre"

it would be fun to call a song like that when we wrote it cause it's nice to hear to people saying kit

The host mentions he has a slight accent and Mika goes: what accent!

I don't hear my accent

the host asks Mika if is pleased to speak french again

Mika: I adore it, I practised with his The Voice

happy to e in france not only for TV or gigs, cause usually when he's in france it's always just to work, while now he had some time to put himself again in this city where he grew up

About The Voice helping him to reach more people, even though he was already famous in france: he says that he happens to have more convos on the road, while taking a stroll. On sundays he likes to go to flea market (not to buy something, just to watch, having some coffee and eat croquemonsieur or something, always at the same brasserie on a corner of the street) and people do talk to him more than before The Voice, they are more direct in their speeches and he thinks it's powerful. Story about him having issues at school and in life and how working as a pro since he was 10 y.o. helped him to overcome them, cause to be paied to work added value to him, he was an adult with a job. It was pretty serious and gave him a feeling of freedom and value because he had responsabilities. This is why music is a part of his life and at the Voice they allowed him to express himself with much freedom.

You have to stay yourself and he demanded to have time enough to make his album (again the "if I can keep to be a musician I'm not frustrated so I can keep to be myself on tv as well" thing)

The host asks him whether he would have done a TV show when he was younger, 17-20 yo.

When he was that young, he wasn't shy when on stage, he was like a boxer in a pit, probably he would have done it cause they allow him to have pianos at the Voice, so he could have sat at the piano and sung. Now it's easier but I think that it's difficult to sing at the Voice cause it's hard to sing on stage someone else's song

Huge worldtour in 2015 cause it's has been quite a while since I did it, but now I have to focus on a gig I want to do at the end of 2014, I want to change the way I introduce the album. We'll see, it's going to be cool.

Olympia: I was sick, I was tired, I wasn't ready at all. The audience gave me the energy.

In Rouen there were more than 70 000 people and in Naples there were more than 50 000 just in the square and as it was a free gig, most people didn't know my songs, this was the challenge: chanter a hour and half, dragging them, introducing them to my world, my songs, in that very moment, yes, I had stage fright.

I was scared to do TV but we always have to do something that scares us. I fear the sea as well. The moment this year when I had the biggest fright, that was while shooting with Peter Lindbergh for the group "Enfants sans cancer" (they support research for anti cancer drugs which are especially for children). We shooted on the beach with these children, some of them were excellent but felt very bad. After that we went in Camargue at Chez Bob restaurant, we were having dinner, and the kids asked me to sing. There were 30 people and all these kids were looking at me, there I was really scared and my hands were shaking.

I don't want to get pushed around not even by life, I want to take risks.

Even when it's someone else's fault, you can still try and fix it. But of you need the right entourage: I have the same label, my friends, like Doriand. I asked him to come with me to the Voice, he helped me to pick the songs.

When it comes to the interview, he said all what was still missing was only a cup of tea. I knew we were like minded :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Elwendin

Thanks for the links Mélanie and Eriko :bow::huglove:

I m sorry I m really tired lately :sneaky2: I fell asleep while dl the before du grand journal and I woke up only a while ago :aah: and my husband took my netbook :sneaky2:

so I ll see what I can hear and translate using my phone and I ll let you know ....

It's about Mika introducing a playlist he likes.

London Grammar so far (wasting my young years)

Annie Lennox: they had the same singing teacher, he used to meet her cause she always had her classes before him. I says she never changed (I think, I got distracted posting here... :aah:)

After that he went on with John Legend 'All of You' saying it's a superb, simple, melodic song, he was not expecting this from this singer.

Also Etienne Daho 'Weekend à Rome', he loves this singer, he thinks he's unmistakable (Italian fans might want to point out that this song is about a trip to Italy)

And lastly he just talked about Coeur de Pirate, he likes her voice a lot, when thinking about Montreal he thinks about Garou and her, he thinks she's still young and will have a long career.

youtube works for me :thumb_yello:

part four

there would be a huge worldwide tour in 2015 :biggrin2::woot_jump:

no details though...and Mika talked about a smaller concert at the end of 2014 to launch the new album ( he had already mentioned it )

I edited my post :doh:

Thank you Buttons :huglove:

Not totally confirmed for the tour but still great news :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

part four

there would be a huge worldwide tour in 2005 :biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

no details though...

also a smaller concert at the end of 2004 to launch the new album ( he had already mentioned it )

Anne you are living in the wrong decade it seems ;) LOL

OMG, he actually said one sentence of another song (in French) of the album:

"Y'a que la honte qui n'a pas honte", which means something like "Only shame is not ashamed"

Yes,he said it here too :

at 1:22 :wink2:

part four

there would be a huge worldwide tour in 2005 :biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

no details though...

also a smaller concert at the end of 2004 to launch the new album ( he had already mentioned it )

Anne you are living in the wrong decade it seems ;) LOL

:teehee::teehee:

Yes,he said it here too :
at 1:22 :wink2:

Thanks, I'm so late for the interviews :aah:

He is also talking about the week-end in Camargue with the children (video 4), and how it was the most stressfull ("la trac" :naughty:) time of the year for him, when he had to sing in front of them.

Thank you Elwendin for translating the videos :huglove: