Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

OMG, he actually said one sentence of another song (in French) of the album:

"Y'a que la honte qui n'a pas honte", which means something like "Only shame is not ashamed"

I'm puzzled, didn't he say the same sentence about love in some latest interview? He quoted another song of the new album already... :dunno:

Red highlights the missing translations HERE. Someone wants to share?

I can do this all day and evening long, but I'll share with pleasure :aah:

Edited by Elwendin

Thanks, I'm so late for the interviews :aah:

He is also talking about the week-end in Camargue with the children (video 4), and how it was the most stressfull ("la trac" :naughty:) time of the year for him, when he had to sing in front of them.

Thank you Elwendin for translating the videos :huglove:

Thanks a lot Sylvie :huglove:

That s my son s birthday today and we keep having phone calls :doh: so I can t translate :aah:

I'm puzzled, didn't he say the same sentence about love in some latest interview? He quoted another song of the new album already... :dunno:

Yes, in The Parisien video, but I listened to it carefully, he talked about shame too, not love: "Y'a que la honte qui n'a pas honte"

Yes, in The Parisien video, but I listened to it carefully, he talked about shame too, not love: "Y'a que la honte qui n'a pas honte"

Perfect, nice! Thanks!

Cherie FM VIDEO

It's the full 26 min interview. http://cdn.cheriefm.fr/nrj_cdn/cheriefm/video/Mika/mika4.mp4

Thanks a lot for letting me know Bere !!:wub2:

Is this one different from the 5 vid you already posted? I need to know if I have to watch it again and add it to our list.

I don't feel good enough in English to translate the written interviews, but I can make the translation for the video of "Before" this evening. And if nobody has done the other ones (Figaro and Yagg) tomorrow, I'll do them too.

Perfect, nice! Thanks!

Is this one different from the 5 vid you already posted? I need to know if I have to watch it again and add it to our list.

It's the same but uncut, it's so funny to watch the host and Mika's faces before the actual start of the interview :naughty:

Edit: the end is quite funny too, nothing interesting said, but Mika is discovering the printed version of BBB's cover, and recording different ways to say "Salut c'est Mika" (Hi it's Mika) ;-)

Edited by Alireine

I'm actually more puzzled now. The song is also about not being ashamed to make love, but then he says it's about the fact that only shame isn't ashamed?

:doh:

I don't get it.

It's the same but uncut, it's so funny to watch the host and Mika's faces before the actual start of the interview :naughty:

Edit: the end is quite funny too, nothing interesting said, but Mika is discovering the printed version of BBB's cover, and recording different ways to say "Salut c'est Mika" (Hi it's Mika) ;-)

Yes, it's a PRE- edited version. :teehee:

I can translate the written articles :wink2:

It will only be posted tonight or tomorrow though, I hope you don't mind

I'm actually more puzzled now. The song is also about not being ashamed to make love, but then he says it's about the fact that only shame isn't ashamed?

I don't get it.

That s an expression meaning if you feel no shame yourself there s none no matter what other people say or think (I believe that s what he means ) aka he feels no shame to be himself and use those lyrics and love a man ( he has managed to get over the bullying at school and also in daily life -as in that restaurant where the owners turned the sound of his songs up to silence people taking in a bad way of gays and of Mika when he was there) He feels he has overcome all that.

I don't get it.

I'd say he likes the concept of not being ashamed to make love, but he himself has some issues in that department. In one of these interviews he said the girl closing the curtains was a bit more like him. So then it makes sense he writes a song about someone not afraid, kind of wishing he was more like that, and then another song where he still wishes that but realises it's impossible. I could quote some interviews from when he was promoting OOL to support this hypothesis, where he talked about love being associated with guilt for him, but I think I should leave Mika's psychology alone now :wink2:

That s an expression meaning if you feel no shame yourself there s none no matter what other people say or think (I believe that s what he means ) aka he feels no shame to be himself and use those lyrics and love a man ( he has managed to get over the bullying at school and also in daily life -as in that restaurant where the owners turned the sound of his songs up to silence people taking in a bad way of gays and of Mika when he was there) He feels he has overcome all that.

"Only shame doesn't feel ashamed" still make no sense to me, sorry. :blink:

IMO this means: everyone feels ashamed of something, there's only the shame which doesn't feel this way. Your interpretation does fit to the context, but I can't come to terms with this sentence. This is why my brain swapped the word shame with love: it made much more sense to me...

Thank you for your next translations, I'll keep an eye on them and then update the recap post.

Meanwhile I'm going to watch the uncut vid to look for missing details, I've been told there are some.

Edit cause I read smokesignal's opinion, this, I can get it:

I'd say he likes the concept of not being ashamed to make love, but he himself has some issues in that department. In one of these interviews he said the girl closing the curtains was a bit more like him. So then it makes sense he writes a song about someone not afraid, kind of wishing he was more like that, and then another song where he still wishes that but realises it's impossible. I could quote some interviews from when he was promoting OOL to support this hypothesis, where he talked about love being associated with guilt for him, but I think I should leave Mika's psychology alone now :wink2:
Edited by Elwendin

Well finally I could translate this right away.

Translation from Le Figaro:

Mika strips down/reveals himself in his new single Boum, Boum, Boum

It might be this Summer's hit. Passing through Paris, Mika releases today a new single with an evocative title; sexy and catchy song recalling a couple's lovemaking. The slightly suggestive image on the cover was already spreading around social networks last week, showing 2 small naked men next to a volcano, wearing warrior masks. The French lyrics of the last single of the British Lebanese singer are without any ambiguity, openly evoking his sexuality with his partner.

'Yesterday we were at your mother's, she almost fell on the floor while entering the dressing room, when you and me were doing boum boum boum' the artist sings. He talks mischievously about '7th Heaven' in 'the hotels' lifts' and 'the shelves going badaboum'. Between the scandalous Boris Vian song 'Johnny, fais-moi mal' (with lyrics 'J'aime l'amour qui fait boum') and the enthusiastic naivety of Charles Trénet 'Boum' (with lyrics 'Quand notre coeur fait boum, tout avec lui dit boum, et c'est l'amour qui s'éveille'), Mika makes his this famous onomatopoeia in French music and twists it in an appealing way.

Unrestrained, this song is also a committed hit. Interviewed by Le Parisien, Mika clearly explains that this song echoes the anti-gay marriage demonstrations in France. 'I want to arouse tolerance with a joyful song. This quite violent debate surprised me. But it takes time to get people to understand that neither the family tradition nor the children are in danger.'

Boum, Boum, Boum is the first single from Mika's next album, due in November. After being coach (winner with Kendji) in the TV talent show 'The Voice' and having recorded several songs in Molière's language (EMD, Karen, Un Soleil Mal Luné and L'Amour dans le Mauvais Temps), the artist announces that a part of his album will be in French because 'now, it's a part of him'.

Edited by camille*

"Only shame doesn't feel ashamed" still make no sense to me, sorry. :blink:

IMO this means: everyone feels ashamed of something, there's only the shame which doesn't feel this way. Your interpretation does fit to the context, but I can't come to terms with this sentence. This is why my brain swapped the word shame with love: it made much more sense to me...

Thank you for your nex translations, I'll keep an eye on them and then update the recap post.

Meanwhile I'm going to watch the uncut vid to look for missinIg details, I've been told there are some.

I m working on the before le grand journal translation

Notes from the uncut vid:

They talk a bit about how he made Relax (Mika was on the tube and got evacuated when the attack happened, his reaction was to write a song.

He's not sure that music actually saved his life as the host is suggesting, but it does change it by chance. It wasn't supposed to be like that, and this is very important.

BBB as well was born out of a random fact, it wasn't meant to be an engaged song, it happened to become it, but it was drawn out of a funny context. Contemporary it comes from his personal life, so it's good as it's believable.

He says that he learnt how hard to be pregnant is (seeing her sis, of course!), you can have all these feelings and being surrounded by people but still you can fee alone.

On the new album: no great collaborations with famous singers, there's just Mika himself, Doriand and Greg working on it. The cover is made as well just by him and Yasmine, they made it in his kitchen (we already know). He says about the cover being made just by them; toy can tell it :teehee:

The purpose of a french song is not to get french be known worldwide, it's just to express himself.

Last time he did some french songs, he was uncertain whether to include them in the album but then he dropped it cause it was just an english album. But this time, no. He wants them in the next album as they are part of his identity and history.

The Voice 4: they haven't talked about it yet. We did have fun though. Of course there were some tiny issues backstage cause it was intense, but we had lots of fun.

OMG that guy talks too much over Mika! :sneaky2:

Edited by Elwendin

It's about Mika introducing a playlist he likes.

London Grammar so far (wasting my young years)

Annie Lennox: they had the same singing teacher, he used to meet her cause she always had her classes before him. I says she never changed (I think, I got distracted posting here... :aah:)

After that he went on with John Legend 'All of You' saying it's a superb, simple, melodic song, he was not expecting this from this singer.

Also Etienne Daho 'Weekend à Rome', he loves this singer, he thinks he's unmistakable (Italian fans might want to point out that this song is about a trip to Italy)

And lastly he just talked about Coeur de Pirate, he likes her voice a lot, when thinking about Montreal he thinks about Garou and her, he thinks she's still young and will have a long career.

I've recorded the Week-end spécial Mika @ Radio Chérie, Eriko will edit and post the file tomorrow :wink2:

I've recorded the Week-end spécial Mika @ Radio Chérie, Eriko will edit and post the file tomorrow :wink2:

Nice! I've already prepared a spot for them on the recap so that we won't forget to add it. :wink2:

I was thinking about what he said about having friends and always the same label supporting him: I assume he's happy with it, then. Otherwise he could just have overlook that part.

Edited by Elwendin

Translation of Before le grand journal

J: He wear s a blue suit but he doesn't belong to the police. He sings higher than a dolfin but he doesn't live in water. No, Mika is a mega star like the others, the only difference is that he spends all his time seated in a big armchair that turns around and when he gets up that's because he has decided to make a single. Boum Boum Boum was released this week, an ode to sexuality as well as a way to promote (militate in favor of) equal rights for all.

Mika in the text.

Be careful! Mika is unleashing himself in French in his new single.

"When we have guests we can't resist between tea and loukoum there 's time for Boum Boum Boum"

The lyrics may not be litterature , but hidden under this crazy and candid aspect there is a true defender/advocate of the gay cause.

In 2012 he does his coming out.

Am I gay? Yes

Are those songs about a relationship with a man?

Yes.

After that nothing stops him in interviews aka his moving words in "Le Grand Journal"

"I'm proud of my life even if I m in love with a man and it's cool and I'm very happy."

Gay associations applaude but they ask for more political involvement.

But now that he has sold ten million albums and has had nine million people watching The Voice, what he says is a lot more powerful that 's undeniable.

Mika gave a concert for equal rights in La Bastille a year ago. Mika speaks out loud against intolerance and even mentions his life, "I was for a few hours at the head of this fight, I want to have the right to protect the person I love , take them to hospital"

While waiting for his new album that should be out in November , this new gay and gay single might even make Christine Boutin dance this summer (right wing political woman against gay marriage who fainted when the law was voted)

Mika hits are played

He made The Voice a big success , he sold ten million albums, here comes the prince of the pop, he's back with a new single in French, please welcome Mika!

J: Hi Mika , thanks for coming, have a seat please. All those songs are yours!!!! You song all those!

M: Yes I know.

(laughs)

J: There are so many hits! So many! Ten millions!

M: That's hallucinating!

J: In The Voice you were talking about the others only, do you sometimes tell yourself you would have been a good candidate for The Voice?

M: It all started in a room with a lousy piano and also in a very small room where I used to write at school.And with my ****y piano and my lyrics I was making movies in my head. And sometimes it works. Of course I didn't write hits only. I also wrote lots of songs which didn't have any success. That's true and they are forgotten a bit faster which is great.

J:And there is your new song which I'm a hundred percent smells like this summer hit! We'll see a snipet of the lyrics video, the real clip hasn' t been shot yet.

Mika: I'm shooting it tomorrow.

Song

J: "Boum Boum Boum , summer hit yes!

The man is cool and he knew it all, he was in his bedroom and he wrote "I'm writing the summer hit"

M: I was with Doriand in a chic restaurant in the 16th district of Paris , we were eating dinner and suddenly I was looking at my right accross the street and I saw this guy through his open window in his apartment. Let me explain I grew up in a house in front of a hotel so I'm used to looking at people. It's great, you can see anything I mean anything.

J: I understood!

M: And I see this guy through his open window who's starting to get undressed.

J: How was that guy? good looking or not?

M: He was about thirty and he certainly took care of himself. (maybe doing sports) anyway he was in his boxers. And finally he was naked. And I was thinking , **** doesn't he know people can see him? And I looked at Doriand and we burst into laughter at this situation . The contrast between the people eating in the posh restaurant and this naked guy with his girlfriend about to boum boum boum and we thought it's dinner and show together and we laughed again and we started making rimes Boum with any word we could find Tulun boum , loukoum ...boum... and we wrote the song on the tablecloth.

J: We need to hear it again, we'll hear it everywhere this summer and it's all about sex.

M: Yes sex everywhere in lifts/elevators , in hotels ,at your mother's

J: So we all get undressed now and we go Boum Boum Boum with Mika! (laughs)

J:Mika you were very remarkable in The Voice by your attitude and personality . French audiences loved you , the man you are. Will you be in The Voice next year again?

M: Laughs....we'll see..I loved this experience it was wonderful...we'll see...we'll see

J: We'll see yes or we'll see we don't know?

M: We'll see, we'll see...

J: Anyway we hope to see you in The Voice again

M: Anyway it was a wonderful experience. Are you sure that wasn't you ( I saw) through the window?

J: Maybe that was me. I do take good care of my body (laughs)

J: You said that you miss The Voice other judges

M:You went out a lot in the night bars with them, and I heard you even went to the Queen with Florent Pagny till five am and your danced on the benches.

M: And he stayed even after I left! They are totally crazy. We were going out but Jenifer was pregnant and no one knew it during the first part of the show so we were wondering why she left so early but of course she couldn't follow us.

J: We'll do a quiz so we find out if you know the other judges well

J: Who tells young people in his team to smoke five gitanes (very strong cigarettes) before going on stage?

M: All of the judges.

J: Which coach turns around when they hear this: (Jean Pascal who was in a real TV show )

M: Garou?

J: No it should be Jenifer, they dated briefly together

M: You're right.

J: Probably before he started singing , after it would have been impossible!

J: Who kills three snakes and two crocodiles each morning to get dressed?

M: Florent Pagny

J: Good answer.

J : And who is the judge who is richer than his country? (Be careful there's a twist)

J: Nikos is richer than Greece.

A rap song ....

Mika says to the rap singer his song was good

Other uninteresting stuff and the journalist says it's good to fight against clichés and prejudices as a transition.

Then the journalist says good bye to Mika and he says we'll all Boum Boum Boum with Mika this summer .

the Week-end spécial Mika @ Radio Chérie

http://play.cheriefm.fr/cheriefm/cherie-fm.html

DONE !! :thumb_yello:

D/L Mediafire https://www.mediafire.com/?sy0bh4hng74vg0i ( sorry, cropped each songs )

Here you are – YouTube links of these songs.

1. London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years

2. Eurythmics - Miracle Of Love http://youtu.be/42mPy8CihaA

3. John Legend - All of Me

4. Etienne Daho - Week-end à Rome

5. Coeur de pirate - Mistral Gagnant

DONE !! :thumb_yello:

Amazing! :thumb_yello:

We have all the snippets about the three hours radio show he did today. It was full of adds and random songs, so bless Eriko and Marina for the recording work.

Notes:

A 14 y.o. Annie Lennox used to have the same singing teacher he used to so they used to meet as she always had classes before him. She was kind to him back then and now that she knows his music, she still is, she never changed

Tonight at 20.55:

La chanson de l'année - TF1 - TV:

- vid: not yet

- translation: nope :aah:

I was so proud for having managed to catch up :tears:

I've already prepared a nice spot for it.

Wop wop! Translaters and recorders team! Ready....steady....

Tonight at 20.55:

La chanson de l'année - TF1 - TV:

- vid: not yet

- translation: nope :aah:

I was so proud for having managed to catch up :tears:

I've already prepared a nice spot for it.

Wop wop! Translaters and recorders team! Ready....steady....

you are great!

you are great!

I just happen to be stuck at home :naughty:

Is this show about people singing?

So will Mika sing? I can bear the whole show to see him singing.

OMG, I can hold on the whole night to see him singing BBB for the first time.

Is it live? 'cuz if it's recorded before June 11th I don't think he could sing BBB, else it would have leaked.