Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

I just happen to be stuck at home :naughty:

Is this show about people singing?

So will Mika sing? I can bear the whole show to see him singing.

OMG, I can hold on the whole night to see him singing BBB for the first time.

Is it live? 'cuz if it's recorded before June 11th I don't think he could sing BBB, else it would have leaked.

This is the recording where we went on Tuesday, "La chanson de l'année". Mika sings a duet with Kendji, a cover of "La Seine"

This is the recording where we went on Tuesday, "La chanson de l'année". Mika sings a duet with Kendji, a cover of "La Seine"

Ah! Mega bummer!

Thanks a lot, I'm switching it off then XD For once that I was able to see TF1 :doh:

I'll remove the link from the recap post as well

Tonight at 20.55:

La chanson de l'année - TF1 - TV:

- vid: not yet

- translation: nope :aah:

I was so proud for having managed to catch up :tears:

I've already prepared a nice spot for it.

Wop wop! Translaters and recorders team! Ready....steady....

I almost forgot :doh:

I'm ready if there's anything to translate anyway :naughty:

Did we catch up on all the transaltions Sylvie? :group_hug: for everyone :huglove:

I almost forgot :doh:

I'm ready if there's anything to translate anyway :naughty:

Did we catch up on all the transaltions Sylvie? :group_hug: for everyone :huglove:

Not yet: two tiny ones still missing (check here). I recall Melanie said she wanted to do the Yagg one?

Not yet: two tiny ones still missing (check here). I recall Melanie said she wanted to do the Yagg one?

I think so , so I'll start with the other :wink2: but I don't think she'll mind if I do the Yagg one as well :naughty:

Thank you Sylvie, you rock :thumb_yello:

EDIT: I only see the Yagg one in red? :dunno:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I think so , so I'll start with the other :wink2: but I don't think she'll mind if I do the Yagg one as well :naughty:

The week end radio chérie is Mika introducing songs, and what he said about Annie Lennox and about Coeur de Pirate singer and that was translated somewhere earlier in the thread.

I don't feel good enough in English to translate the written interviews, but I can make the translation for the video of "Before" this evening. And if nobody has done the other ones (Figaro and Yagg) tomorrow, I'll do them too.

Camille did the Figaro one already :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the "Before" one :huglove:

I actually said that I don't feel at ease with English enough for the written interview, so I feel better with the audio ones.

But do you want that I do the Yagg one Anne?

The week end radio chérie is Mika introducing songs, and what he said about Annie Lennox and about Coeur de Pirate singer and that was translated somewhere earlier in the thread.

Yes, that one, did they do it? I missed it then :sneaky2: baaaad librarian

FINALLY!! THE ONE!!!!!! I had lost hope!!!

So thank you so much to Ysa who found it, the famous bit of RFM from wednesday morning, the one with this little talk about A TOUR AND A SMALL THEATER THINGY

(I may have to calm down with caplocks)

->

-Thank you to be there Mika, it's a pleasure to have you here

- It's a pleasure to be here.

- Is the coffee still good?

- It's delicious. Even if I dropped the sugar everywhere in the studio!

-So Mika didn't come with empty hands, he came with a hit, because it already is a hit

-It's not a hit it's just a song!

-Yes it's a hit, sounds like a hit, and with the radio director we were talking about it, it's already a hit, it'll be the hit of the summer. I am sure of it

(... introducing the girl..)

- Sorry we don't have a red chair (ref. to the voice)

- Well the red chair really isn't comfortable. This one is better actually. Much better.

- We know for this song you worked with the same team than with EMD. An album out in november, in two languages, half english -

- How, a few titles in french, but not like the last time, this time they won't be there as a bonus, it's part of my identity so I really want to mix it all. That's me so why not on an album.

- because we love hearing you in french and I swear BBB will be a hit.

- A few infos about this album?

- Everyone is asking is there a surprise? Last time I worked with a few artists, pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande, but this time it's me, even if you look at the cover, we're back to the world I created with my sister a few years ago! this cover was her and I alone again, I don't know it's very me.

- And what about a tour because I know you love being on stage, it's your playground, are you planning a tour?

- A tour in the making but before that, I am preparing something for the end of this year, it is supposed to be in a small theater, very very small, and it isn't a standart concert. It really would be an experiment. I will present the new album in a new way. With something I haven't done yet. because most of the time when you make a tour, either you can't take it everywhere, or you spend a lot of money for it to be able to be demontable very quickly. so this time i want to settle in a theatre, to build a show, and I don't want to prepare anything before we begin to build in the theatre so really it's gonna be visual and very different.

- To let the magic talks for itself

- Exactly. But it'll be visual and very theatrical. I started in opera, and the visual side of a performance is very important. Even if it's in a very small theatre, it can be even more beautiful and more...

- Wel we can't wait now.

- So now Mika, presenter, to introduce your new song, so we shush

- It meansI have to use my radio voice! So: this is MIka, on RFM, and here for the first time - is it the first time?

- Yes.

- On RFM? Oh that's great! It's Boum Boum Boum!

- Thank you a thousand times Mika! A thousand times!

- No thanks to you.

- So it was Boum Boum Boum

- Yes it's good to hear it! It makes me happy to work on something and then hearing it on the radio it's completely different! But it's good.

- You come back soon, yes?

- I am lucky to do this job. I do music like this and it's my job! It's great. I am enjoying it.

(thank you you'reback tonight etc)

Edited by Melyssa

FINALLY!! THE ONE!!!!!! the famous bit of RFM from wednesday morning, the one with this little talk about A TOUR AND A SMALL THEATER THINGY

WTF , Melyssa, I was ready to go to bed!!!!!

Aw how he's happy after BBB was aired for the very first time on that radio, look at him.

Hasn't my fangirling pass already expired yet? Cuz I need it right now. :wub2:

Edited by Elwendin

Here's the Yagg translation, I hope Mélanie will forgive me :wink2:

Discover Boum Boum Boum Mika's new song

The song is about a gay couple making love all the time and he sings it using the first person.

The new Mika song which aims at becoming a summer hit can now be downloaded legally.

It was written as a way to thumb his nose to equal rights demonstrators "And all the bourgeois in the 16th district of Paris wonder why I love you"

The singer answered to the newpaper "Le Parisien" whose journalist questions seemed a bit biaised to us and more similar to statements than to questions.

"It is not innocent as an openly gay person to make such a daring song after equal rights debate."

When the journalist asks him if this song is "an answer to the anti gay demonstrators" , the singer answers "yes. I got involved in the debate back then. I gave a concert to support equal rights for all and I was a symbol of that fight for a few hours. And I even had to go through a very bad experience in a restaurant where I was eating with my family. There were people at a table next to us who were saying nasty, awful, agressive things against gay people , against me. The restaurant owners ended up playing my songs so loud in the room that no one could talk anymore. So, this song is linked to all this, but it's also about love in general." The fact that you can hear an American lady singing in it as well leaves it to the listener imagination to think the couple in love and Boum Boum Bouming could also be straight or lesbian.

Other two nice articles:

Mika : des odeurs de vodka pendant The Voice...

http://www.purebreak.com/news/mika-des-odeurs-de-vodka-pendant-the-voice/75362

Mika : "J'ai fait danser Pagny et Garou jusqu'à 5 heures du matin"

http://lci.tf1.fr/people/mika-j-ai-fait-danser-pagny-et-garou-jusqu-a-5-heures-du-matin-8433547.html

If no one else does the translation of them, I can make it tomorrow evening :original:

Translation:

Mika : Some smells of vodka during The Voice

During all the blind auditions of The Voice on TF1, Mika wore his eternal blue flash suit. And if we thought his wardrobe was full of identical costumes, it was learned last night that there was only one.So inevitably, after two and a half months, the coach and singer of 'Underwater' no longer/not any more knew how to wash it.And he tried a rather original technique ...

A dry cleaning à la/with(or vodka-style) vodka for Mika.

Yesterday evening Mika was a guest of Anne-Sophie Lapix in/into C à Vous.

And right in the middle of the meal, the host came back to the famous blue velvet suit that the juror of The Voice wore during a good part of the show. And to reveal a rather surprising detail on the maintenance of this outfit. "This suit was to be worn for two and half months during filming, and there was only one! And it stinks! There have been too dry-cleaning, we didn't know/no one knew what to do, we put/was put some vodka above, do the dry cleaning with vodka because it was the only thing that could kill the bacteria, "said the coach of Kendji, smiling.

Direction the Musée Grévin

But the story of this costume suit doesn't stop there.You may remember that last March, the Mika statue at the Grevin Museum had a makeover in a similar outfit.But it was in fact the original costume! The singer of Boom boom boom explains: "After that, I said, well, it is so dirty that when I put it like that [he mimes to put right with his hands] on the table, he stands. So I thought we could send it to Grevin Museum, there is/it's only there that it could be used!(/ could have been used!)"If you feel the smell of vodka in the halls of the Parisian museum, now you know of where they come from!

TF1

Replay : La chanson de l'année du 14 juin 2014

http://videos.tf1.fr/la-chanson-de-l-annee/replay-la-chanson-de-l-annee-du-14-juin-2014-8434364.html?xtmc=la%20chanson%20de%20l%27ann%C3%A9e%202014&xtcr=1

this video is very LONG !! I'm downloading... going to upload a [HD] edited clip of Mika's part.:wink2:

TF1

http://videos.tf1.fr/la-chanson-de-l-annee/replay-la-chanson-de-l-annee-du-14-juin-2014-8434364.html?xtmc=la%20chanson%20de%20l%27ann%C3%A9e%202014&xtcr=1

this video is very LONG !! I'm downloading... going to upload a [HD] edited clip of Mika's part.:wink2:

If it's not too much to ask, can you make one for Coeur de Pirate?

Translation:

Mika : Some smells of vodka during The Voice

During all the blind auditions of The Voice on TF1, Mika wore his eternal blue flash suit. And if we thought his wardrobe was full of identical costumes, it was learned last night that there was only one.So inevitably, after two and a half months, the coach and singer of 'Underwater' no longer/not any more knew how to wash it.And he tried a rather original technique ...

A dry cleaning à la/with(or vodka-style) vodka for Mika.

Yesterday evening Mika was a guest of Anne-Sophie Lapix in/into C à Vous.

And right in the middle of the meal, the host came back to the famous blue velvet suit that the juror of The Voice wore during a good part of the show. And to reveal a rather surprising detail on the maintenance of this outfit. "This suit was to be worn for two and half months during filming, and there was only one! And it stinks! There have been too dry-cleaning, we didn't know/no one knew what to do, we put/was put some vodka above, do the dry cleaning with vodka because it was the only thing that could kill the bacteria, "said the coach of Kendji, smiling.

Direction the Musée Grévin

But the story of this costume suit doesn't stop there.You may remember that last March, the Mika statue at the Grevin Museum had a makeover in a similar outfit.But it was in fact the original costume! The singer of Boom boom boom explains: "After that, I said, well, it is so dirty that when I put it like that [he mimes to put right with his hands] on the table, he stands. So I thought we could send it to Grevin Museum, there is/it's only there that it could be used!(/ could have been used!)"If you feel the smell of vodka in the halls of the Parisian museum, now you know of where they come from!

Thanks for sharing and translating :huglove:

TF1

Thanks so much Eriko :huglove:

It was really good :wub2:

I didn't like the original song but Mika turned it into something wonderful :wub2:

FINALLY!! THE ONE!!!!!! I had lost hope!!!

So thank you so much to Ysa who found it, the famous bit of RFM from wednesday morning, the one with this little talk about A TOUR AND A SMALL THEATER THINGY

(I may have to calm down with caplocks)

->

-Thank you to be there Mika, it's a pleasure to have you here

- It's a pleasure to be here.

- Is the coffee still good?

- It's delicious. Even if I dropped the sugar everywhere in the studio!

-So Mika didn't come with empty hands, he came with a hit, because it already is a hit

-It's not a hit it's just a song!

-Yes it's a hit, sounds like a hit, and with the radio director we were talking about it, it's already a hit, it'll be the hit of the summer. I am sure of it

(... introducing the girl..)

- Sorry we don't have a red chair (ref. to the voice)

- Well the red chair really isn't comfortable. This one is better actually. Much better.

- We know for this song you worked with the same team than with EMD. An album out in november, in two languages, half english -

- How, a few titles in french, but not like the last time, this time they won't be there as a bonus, it's part of my identity so I really want to mix it all. That's me so why not on an album.

- because we love hearing you in french and I swear BBB will be a hit.

- A few infos about this album?

- Everyone is asking is there a surprise? Last time I worked with a few artists, pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande, but this time it's me, even if you look at the cover, we're back to the world I created with my sister a few years ago! this cover was her and I alone again, I don't know it's very me.

- And what about a tour because I know you love being on stage, it's your playground, are you planning a tour?

- A tour in the making but before that, I am preparing something for the end of this year, it is supposed to be in a small theater, very very small, and it isn't a standart concert. It really would be an experiment. I will present the new album in a new way. With something I haven't done yet. because most of the time when you make a tour, either you can't take it everywhere, or you spend a lot of money for it to be able to be demontable very quickly. so this time i want to settle in a theatre, to build a show, and I don't want to prepare anything before we begin to build in the theatre so really it's gonna be visual and very different.

- To let the magic talks for itself

- Exactly. But it'll be visual and very theatrical. I started in opera, and the visual side of a performance is very important. Even if it's in a very small theatre, it can be even more beautiful and more...

- Wel we can't wait now.

- So now Mika, presenter, to introduce your new song, so we shush

- It meansI have to use my radio voice! So: this is MIka, on RFM, and here for the first time - is it the first time?

- Yes.

- On RFM? Oh that's great! It's Boum Boum Boum!

- Thank you a thousand times Mika! A thousand times!

- No thanks to you.

- So it was Boum Boum Boum

- Yes it's good to hear it! It makes me happy to work on something and then hearing it on the radio it's completely different! But it's good.

- You come back soon, yes?

- I am lucky to do this job. I do music like this and it's my job! It's great. I am enjoying it.

(thank you you'reback tonight etc)

Thank you so much Isa and Melyssa :huglove::huglove:

I heard it live on the radio and it was so great on Wednesday morning as I drove to the beach with the one baby boy I was looking after on that day I kept switching radio stations and we heard Boum Boum Boum four times and as we arrived at the beach this interview started :wub2:

WTF , Melyssa, I was ready to go to bed!!!!!

Aw how he's happy after BBB was aired for the very first time on that radio, look at him.

Hasn't my fangirling pass already expired yet? Cuz I need it right now. :wub2:

:naughty: And the good thing is Sylvie, that this passport can be renewed, without going to the police station! :aah: Again, thanks a million for your, and all the others, hard work - late and early - to keep us updated with this real busy MIKA week - you're all amazing - and deserve the black belt in both finding, taping, sharing and translating !! :huglove: I would like to see another fanclub, being so quickly ajour, with everything going on, around the person we all get together for ...:wub2: Enjoy your Sunday!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

:naughty: And the good thing is Sylvie, that this passport can be renewed, without going to the police station! :aah: Again, thanks a million for your, and all the others, hard work - late and early - to keep us updated with this real busy MIKA week - you're all amazing - and deserve the black belt in both finding, taping, sharing and translating !! :huglove: I would like to see another fanclub, being so quickly ajour, with everything going on, around the person we all get together for ...:wub2: Enjoy your Sunday!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

Yes it's all so quick. I'm really grateful!

I'm curious about the show he's planning. I think this is Mika, becoming MIKA as he is meant to be.

I always thought he would be a very unique and unusual artist. I think this is him starting to blossom into what he's going to become in the future.

So I'm along for the rollercoaster ride, even if it doesn't take a dip onto UK soil.

TF1

La chanson de l'année du 14 juin 2014

I've tried to download the whole show... but couldn't do it, will try it again :blush-anim-cl:

It's a bit clip of Mika.

[YOUTUBE]hwExVQ-3QHU[/YOUTUBE]

If it's not too much to ask, can you make one for Coeur de Pirate?

Did Coeur de Pirate play at that stage ? :blink:

Les chansons en compétition :

- Patrick Bruel "She's gone"

- Stromae "Formidable"

- Christophe Maé "Tombé sous le charme"

- Tal "Le passé"

- Forever gentlemen "La belle vie "

- Jean-Louis Aubert "Voilà ce sera toi"

- Emmanuel Moire "Beau malheur"

- Julien Doré "Paris-Seychelles"

- Yannick Noah "On court"

- Joyce Jonathan "Ça ira"

- Indila "Dernière danse"