Mika in Naples as in Beirut: "Song to the streets to feel the life of the people"

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/...3/?ref=HRERO-1

173909731-f014e07e-297b-49fb-aba1-acf6ec18234c.jpg

(translation)

A concert in Naples, Plebiscito Square, is a special concert. Mika knows it very well.

" Naples is fantastic, but for me it will not be strange to do a concert like that. I am Lebanese , I know what it means the relationship with the public in a place so important to the daily lives of people . When I played in Martyr Square in Beirut it was a special night , because that was the place where everybody goes, a lived square , full of life. I can not wait , it's a wonderful city . "

Mika is coming to Naples for a show in a long day organized in Piazza Plebiscito for 50 years of Nutella, on sunday 18 May.

"It's a city that I love very much, a city rich in art and culture , full of life and passion, warm and communicative. But I come with great respect, " is keen to point out after the many controversies that have marked the granting of the square for the event, " I feel the responsibility and pride to have an extraordinary opportunity to play in the parlor of the city . I like the idea of ​​bringing my songs in a space so beautiful, in the heart of a city so beautiful."

The day's program in Naples is very rich : there will be Almamegretta at 16 , at 17 will be the turn of the talented Simona Molinari, at 18 will come to the sensational jazz rock of James Senese & Napoli Centrale , followed at 19.15 by Arisa, fresh winner of the Sanremo Festival , at 20.15 we will dance on the rhythm of ska, reggae and soul of Giuliano Palma and then the time will be at 21:30 with Mika .

"My set, will not be a complete set - is keen to point out - I'll be on the scene just over an hour. But it will be a way to concentrate the best of my music in a short time, maybe even with sparks of something new."

Mika is in Paris , working on his new album, another step forward in his successful career , another attempt to put together , as he did in his previous works, pop, fun, quality and art.

After the success of last years, working on a new album is also a way to make a sort of budget ?

"In part, yes of course , it starts from where we come , you must know how far you've traveled and how. But I'm not working with a particular pressure , I take the time that i need, I work six weeks in the studio, then I go back to writing, and then I focus back on the recordings . What really interests me is music and not success, then I want to be satisfied by the work I do, I want my work reflecting what I am today, without pretense or artifice . "

Certainly for an artist like Mika performing live, establish a direct contact with the public, communicate his art physically, is more important than making an album.

"This is partly true - he says - because the excitement of the show is incomparable , you have the opportunity to stage all that you are , to interpret the songs with the greatest energy and passion. But also working in the studio is important, and especially the song writing. If it were not so , I would be only an interpreter . "

Love it! Thanks for the translation.

'with sparks of something new'? :shocked:

hihi, that can mean everything by Mika, new song but also "old" songs with new begiinungs,( he did it in Liegwe last year and it was fantastic) refreshed etc:fisch:

However, now I'm just a litte jelous not to be there in person:naughty:

'with sparks of something new'? :shocked:

L'articolo dice esattamente questo: "...sarà un modo per concentrare il meglio in un tempo breve, magari anche con lo spazio per qualche sprazzo di novità".

Io l'ho tradotto con: "...with sparks of something new"

In ogni caso, vuole dire tutto e niente....:teehee::teehee::teehee:

I've posted the exact italian words of the article...and they are quite generic about this "something new"... of course... :doh:

• 2 months later...
Yeah, on Cosmopolitan of August (the magazin will come out from 22th of July) there will be an article about Mika!

BtIcjBJCQAAv_H7.jpg

Translation:

You asked us via hashtag to wish him happy birthday (he will turn 31 on August the 18th). How could we say no? Here there are five reasons which make us fall for him.

1 – He’s a true knight

In 2010 he got knighted as Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters of French Republic , which is a very prestigious honorary title for an artist. Bravo!

2- He rocks on stage.

To see him performing live is an almost mystical experience: it’s impossible to resist to his charisma, everybody dances, jumps and sings along with him.

3- He believes in young people

Two years ago he recorded Popular Song along with Ariana Grande, a worldwide hit which got 64 million views on the internet. And he had to produce the video clip himself as nobody believed it could work.

4- He came out

Not many artists claim to be gay while promoting an album, Mika did it in 2012 in an interview for the Magazine Instinct.

5 – He’s the best judge

Maybe it’s because of his smiles, his jokes, his comments which are always nice even when negative, but every time you watch him on X Factor you are willing to bring him home with you.

Everything started with #mikaoncosmo. Spread the news.

Edited by Elwendin

That is a vey interesting interview! The way he talks about art and the creative process is truly inspiring! Especially love this quote: "Io invece sogno a occhi apperti"

Can't wait to see the design for the new collaboration with swatch!! :wub2:

Mika Male!

This must be the magic phrase that the Anglo-Lebanese pop star pronounces every time he launches a new talent. Musical (in September he will be again judge at X Factor) and artistic: he now seeks out the most creative for Swatch.

As a child, he was dyslexic, unable to write only on the computer, he can't read the clock (although he has designed one for swatch) yet, beyond any reasonable doubt, Mika has talent to spare. So much, and so transversal, that he is accustomed to recognize it in an instant, and the role of talent scout, in addition to the one of pop star, now fits him like a glove. In September, he will return to the jury of X Factor, in France has boosted the ratings of The Voice, while we met him with his sister Yasmine in Trieste for Swatch, among the judges of International Talent Support (ITS), a competition that launches (and rewards) new creative on the Olympus of fashion. About the talent he has no doubts: "It means being able to transform energy into something tangible, restore the daily through a different lens. The ideas are useless in itself and for itself, there must be something that justifies their implementation."

It is not always so easy.

To realize an idea you have to use the language, the intellect, the history and the design.

How many guys have this ability?

When you evaluate a talent you wonder how much it's complete, how much it's sincere, how much it's educated or how much it's not, and you wonder how it can be produced without that nothing, in terms of identity, is missing. It's a difficult puzzle to put together.

But you've made it. Not only with the music: your first watch, Kukulakuku of Swatch, broke all sales records.

Swatch is like that sort of colorful maze for children that you can find at McDonarld's. The only thing you want to do is throw yourself in, then you come swamped by 300,000 baubles and say ... ****!

You just have to keep moving.

Exactly. The artistic work that my sister Yasmine and I did on the watches has influenced the cover of my latest single and I believe that it will also influence the one of the next album. Which in turn it will influence the next job that we do for Swatch: things are mixed with each other, it works in this way, it is inevitable.

It seems that you enjoy the work of designer.

We are working to jewelry, Swatch has given us confidence. We have sought advice from our sister Zuleika which is a jewelry designer and she has just graduated from the prestigious Central Sain Moartins of London, but she sent us to f*** off: "Sorry, I made so much effort and you have an easy life?" (He laughs). So we replied: " it's ok, then we will not make a piece of fine jewelry, but one thing with temper". We aren't designers, we like to tell stories and to do that we use objects or pictures.

What did you use of?

Of a pendant. When you see it, you'll understand everything. By the way, yours is beautiful! (looks at it, grabs it and plays with it gently)

It's of Reminiscence.

It is a challenging name! We were talking before about reminiscence, for the Lucid Dream (the theme of the contest ITS2014): it is encouraging that someone talk to young people still talking about dreams. Yasmine interrupts him: "how many turns of phrase! the dream of all the guys we met is to finally see their idea realized." He pursues: " she says so because she does the illustrator, and if his work does not end on a book... I speak with the privilege of popularity thanks to the music, the TV, the web. But she, every time, protestes: "Look that with it you don't eat!" (He laughs). Jokes aside, the prize of Swatch is important, not just because it has an economic value, but also because it allows for a real work experience. For the guys, today, is crucial.

Do you dream often?

My sister dreams of night and she uses dreams to solve problems. Instead, I dream with my eyes open. Or, I dream in reverse: if it seems to me that one thing work, it will be a disaster. But if I see black, it will work great. she dreams in order, I in total chaos.

Does daydreaming means to dream lucidly?

I think that the idea of a lucid dream doesn't refer at all to the world of dreams, but in a very conscious creative process, the discipline that translates talent and art into something concrete.

Do you like fashion?

For all of us (mika has a brother and three sisters) fashion means threads. As children, we didn't do other that remove them from under our feet, our mom sewed and the workshop was the kitchen. Not to mention the pins to the ground, our terror. I imagine that the great photographers see it as a matter of art, but for us the fashion is that practical, physics thing, of which the seamstresses of valentino discuss when they dispute on how to set a bias of organza. We don't care about collections, but the quality of the stitching and details, yes!

Sorry in advance if there are mistakes.

Edited by Lucrezia

Mika Male!

This must be the magic phrase that the Anglo-Lebanese pop star pronounces every time he launches a new talent. Musical (in September he will be again judge at X Factor) and artistic: he now seeks out the most creative for Swatch.

As a child, he was dyslexic, unable to write only on the computer, he can't read the clock (although he has designed one for swatch) yet, beyond any reasonable doubt, Mika has talent to spare. So much, and so transversal, that he is accustomed to recognize it in an instant, and the role of talent scout, in addition to the one of pop star, now fits him like a glove. In September, he will return to the jury of X Factor, in France has boosted the ratings of The Voice, while we met him with his sister Yasmine in Trieste for Swatch, among the judges of International Talent Support (ITS), a competition that launches (and rewards) new creative on the Olympus of fashion. About the talent he has no doubts: "It means being able to transform energy into something tangible, restore the daily through a different lens. The ideas are useless in itself and for itself, there must be something that justifies their implementation."

It is not always so easy.

To realize an idea you have to use the language, the intellect, the history and the design.

How many guys have this ability?

When you evaluate a talent you wonder how much it's complete, how much it's sincere, how much it's educated or how much it's not, and you wonder how it can be produced without that nothing, in terms of identity, is missing. It's a difficult puzzle to put together.

But you've made it. Not only with the music: your first watch, Kukulakuku of Swatch, broke all sales records.

Swatch is like that sort of colorful maze for children that you can find at McDonarld's. The only thing you want to do is throw yourself in, then you come swamped by 300,000 baubles and say ... ****!

You just have to keep moving.

Exactly. The artistic work that my sister Yasmine and I did on the watches has influenced the cover of my latest single and I believe that it will also influence the one of the next album. Which in turn it will influence the next job that we do for Swatch: things are mixed with each other, it works in this way, it is inevitable.

It seems that you enjoy the work of designer.

We are working to jewelry, Swatch has given us confidence. We have sought advice from our sister Zuleika which is a jewelry designer and she has just graduated from the prestigious Central Sain Moartins of London, but she sent us to f*** off: "Sorry, I made so much effort and you have an easy life?" (He laughs). So we replied: " it's ok, then we will not make a piece of fine jewelry, but one thing with temper". We aren't designers, we like to tell stories and to do that we use objects or pictures.

What did you use of?

Of a pendant. When you see it, you'll understand everything. By the way, yours is beautiful! (looks at it, grabs it and plays with it gently)

It's of Reminiscence.

It is a challenging name! We were talking before about reminiscence, for the Lucid Dream (the theme of the contest ITS2014): it is encouraging that someone talk to young people still talking about dreams. Yasmine interrupts him: "how many turns of phrase! the dream of all the guys we met is to finally see their idea realized." He pursues: " she says so because she does the illustrator, and if his work does not end on a book... I speak with the privilege of popularity thanks to the music, the TV, the web. But she, every time, protestes: "Look that with it you don't eat!" (He laughs). Jokes aside, the prize of Swatch is important, not just because it has an economic value, but also because it allows for a real work experience. For the guys, today, is crucial.

Do you dream often?

My sister dreams of night and she uses dreams to solve problems. Instead, I dream with my eyes open. Or, I dream in reverse: if it seems to me that one thing work, it will be a disaster. But if I see black, it will work great. she dreams in order, I in total chaos.

Does daydreaming means to dream lucidly?

I think that the idea of a lucid dream doesn't refer at all to the world of dreams, but in a very conscious creative process, the discipline that translates talent and art into something concrete.

Do you like fashion?

For all of us (mika has a brother and three sisters) fashion means wires. As children, we didn't do other that remove them from under our feet, our mom sewed and the workshop was the kitchen. Not to mention the pins to the ground, our terror. I imagine that the great photographers see it as a matter of art, but for us the fashion is that practical, physics thing, of which the seamstresses of valentino discuss when they dispute on how to set a bias of organza. We don't care about collections, but the quality of the stitching and details, yes!

Sorry in advance if there are mistakes.

Thanks for the translation.:huglove:

Very interesting:thumb_yello:

Just one thing, first sentence of last paragraph: I would use thread instead of wires...

Edited by cathouzouf

"The artistic work that my sister Yasmine and I did on the watches has influenced the cover of my latest single and I believe that it will also influence the one [cover] of the next album."

So, he's working on the cover of the new album...can we think that he's at a good point with all the other aspects of the album?? :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Lucrezia for translating it :thumb_yello:

"The artistic work that my sister Yasmine and I did on the watches has influenced the cover of my latest single and I believe that it will also influence the one [cover] of the next album."

So, he's working on the cover of the new album...can we think that he's at a good point with all the other aspects of the album?? :blush-anim-cl:

I think he is :teehee:

I could tell that the cover of BBB was influenced by the Swatch.

I'm thrilled, for him, that the watch has broken all sales records.

Now, all we need is a Swatch TV ad, with a Mika song, on UK TV (the one with Underwater would do fine) and I would be ecstatic.

You're welcome! :huglove:

Thank you for scans + translations girls! :flowers2:

Lucrezia, I can't see the 2nd scan :dunno:

I added the original link :wink2:

Thanks for the translation.:huglove:

Very interesting:thumb_yello:

Just one thing, first sentence of last paragraph: I would use thread instead of wires...

Corrected! :huglove:

I thought he had already said in an interview, that the album cover was done :dunno: maybe i dreamt it :wink2: