• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When was Mika born ?

August 18th, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon

Life ?

Born in Lebanon to a Lebanese mother and an American father in the middle of the civil war

Flew to Paris at the age of 1

Lived in Paris until he was 9 then moved to London

Still lives in London

How tall is Mika ?

6'4

What's his complete name ?

Mica Penniman (no Holbrook, no Michael) or maybe Michael French pronounciation like he said in an Australian itw, he's such a little teaser :naugty:

Why did he change from Mica to Mika ?

Wrong pronunciation of Mica (like Meecha or something) so he changed to Mika

How many sisters and brothers ?

Middle child of 5 :

- 2 elder sisters : Yasmine 27 and Paloma 24-25

- 1 younger brother : Fortuné 15-16

- 1 younger sister : Allegra 17

Who is the little girl in Grace Kelly Video ?

She is the daughter of the director of the video.

Director : Sophie Muller (also for Love Today video)

Daughter : Holly Muller

Who is the children doing the voice in Lollipop ?

Little cousin Zuleika

About Mika's father ?

We don't know about him. Name : Michael Holbrook Peniman.

Is Mika gay ?

We won't know until he tells us... Some don't care :mf_rosetinted:

Vocal range ?

"a little more than 3 out of 5"

Who are the members of the group he's playing with at the moment ?

Guitar : Martin Waugh

Keyboard : Luke Juby

Drums : Cherisse Ofusu-Osei

Bass : Michael Choi

What are the lyrics of the songs ?

Avoca was kind enough to type them all from the Japanese edition just a few posts before this one... Have a look. All the lyrics that were NOT in the other editions.

What is Stuck in the Middle about ?

We won't know until Mika tells us... Most personnal song of the album...

Who designed the artwork of the album ?

Mika and his sister Yasmine (plume name Da Wack)

What was the first CD released ?

He released a limited edition of Relax, Take it easy when he was not famous yet, during summer 2006... Only 500 copies were released, and some lucky ones got them !

The first official CD release (by Mika as we know him) was Life In Cartoon Motion on February 5th... Then Grace Kelly single, then Love Today single on April 23rd...

Is Mika coming soon to "Anycity" ??

Have a look at the calendar... Or at this thread

How can we contact Mika ?

Through mikamyspace for the moment... No mail address for the moment...

Does Mika read the Forum ?

Yes he does. And so do some of the members of the group...

Why does the Myspace Secret Society deny my friend request ?

Because you stink... Ha ha ha... :naughty:

We don't know !! And people who got in don't know why them and not us... Anyway, here is the best place to be aware of everything !! :biggrin2:

Where can i buy his T-shirts / shoes ?

You can't... They are customized t-shirts / shoes... That means that he made them himself (or with his artworker sister...)

Find a sister who can do some artwork or do it yourself !!

Does he know he teases us with his braces/suspenders ???

Oh yes !! Be sure he knows...

It's officially called "The Brace-Appeal" here...

Who's the woman at the end of Relax and Any Other Wolrd ?

Raffa, friend of the family telling her story. She's also the lady going out of the cake in Love Today video.

What did Mika want to be when he grew up ?

A zoo keeper

What is Mika's favourite name for a boy ?

Alice

Does Mika have a Tamagotchi ?

Yes, you can read all about it here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867&highlight=TAMAGOTCHI

Where does Mika live ?

I don't think it concerns any of us but he said he lives in Kensington, London in a house with pink railings.

Where did Mika go to school ?

Mika went to the Lycee Francais in London where he was bullied.

How many languages does Mika speak ?

Three: English, French and Spanish. Learnt Japanese at school for a long time but says he doesn't remember anything. Still can say some words/sentences. Can swear in Italian :naughty:

ITW : http://www.999mixfm.com/media/517052/Mika+Interview THANK YOU SUNSHINE931

Who is the girl doing the voice in Grace Kelly ?

An actress, hired after a casting... But the actress is only doing the first sentence : "The last time we talked Mr SMITH you reduced me to tears, I promise you it won't happen again". Mika is doing the 2 other sentences "Getting angry doesn't solve anything" AND "Humphrey we're leaving", his voice being modified to look like a sample... According to an interview he gave on the radio a few time ago. He said it himself. But now that we know that he's keen on inventing things for the interviews, and that his humour is quite sarcastic, it COULD be one of his jokes... But he said it wasn't a joke... Can we trust that ?? I don't know. I'm just quoting, and there's no way to check and make it sure.

ITW : BBC Radio 2 Music Club with Dermot O'leary, from January 13, 2007: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132 (read through the entire thread because on page 3 of that thread there is an MP3 recording of Hips Don't Lie from that interview (which Strudel posted); on page 5 of the thread the whole interview was broken up into 5 parts (by Franco) :biggrin2:) THANK YOU TITANIA

Paul Smith's fragrance Floral has nothing to do with Mika as it was launched in 2005.

There are tons of thread with "Message for Mika" (or equivalent)... No need to create a new one, just pick one amoung the thousand ones that are already there and write your message...

Don't forget the FAQ section !!! I corrected my initial post with all the questions that people added...

Little cousin Zuleika

zuleika is now officially not the cousin's name its allegra's first name .. the cousin is called audrey. Jees mika's family is so compliacted :naughty:

When was Mika born ?

Life ?

Born in Lebanon to a Lebanese mother and an American father in the middle of the civil war

Still lives in London

How tall is Mika ?

6'4

Mica Penniman (no Holbrook, no Michael) or maybe Michael French pronounciation like he said in an Australian itw, he's such a little teaser :naugty:

Middle child of 5 :

- 1 younger sister : Allegra Zuleika 17

Little cousin Audrey

About Mika's father ?

Is Mika gay ?

Vocal range ?

Guitar : Martin Waugh

Drums : Cherisse Ofusu-Osei

Avoca was kind enough to type them all from the Japanese edition just a few posts before this one... Have a look. All the lyrics that were NOT in the other editions.

He released a limited edition of Relax, Take it easy when he was not famous yet, during summer 2006... Only 500 copies were released, and some lucky ones got them !

The first official CD release (by Mika as we know him) was Life In Cartoon Motion on February 5th... Then Grace Kelly single, then Love Today single on April 23rd...

We don't know !! And people who got in don't know why them and not us... Anyway, here is the best place to be aware of everything !! :biggrin2:

You can't... They are customized t-shirts / shoes... That means that he made them himself (or with his artworker sister...)

Raffa, friend of the family telling her story. She's also the lady going out of the cake in Love Today video.

A zoo keeper

Alice

Yes, you can read all about it here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867&highlight=TAMAGOTCHI

Where does Mika live ?

I don't think it concerns any of us but he said he lives in Kensington, London in a house with pink railings.

Three: English, French and Spanish. Learnt Japanese at school for a long time but says he doesn't remember anything. Still can say some words/sentences. Can swear in Italian :naughty:

An actress, hired after a casting... But the actress is only doing the first sentence : "The last time we talked Mr SMITH you reduced me to tears, I promise you it won't happen again". Mika is doing the 2 other sentences "Getting angry doesn't solve anything" AND "Humphrey we're leaving", his voice being modified to look like a sample... According to an interview he gave on the radio a few time ago. He said it himself. But now that we know that he's keen on inventing things for the interviews, and that his humour is quite sarcastic, it COULD be one of his jokes... But he said it wasn't a joke... Can we trust that ?? I don't know. I'm just quoting, and there's no way to check and make it sure.

ITW : BBC Radio 2 Music Club with Dermot O'leary, from January 13, 2007: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132 (read through the entire thread because on page 3 of that thread there is an MP3 recording of Hips Don't Lie from that interview (which Strudel posted); on page 5 of the thread the whole interview was broken up into 5 parts (by Franco) :biggrin2:) THANK YOU TITANIA

Paul Smith's fragrance Floral has nothing to do with Mika as it was launched in 2005.

There are tons of thread with "Message for Mika" (or equivalent)... No need to create a new one, just pick one amoung the thousand ones that are already there and write your message...

Don't forget the FAQ section !!! I corrected my initial post with all the questions that people added...

When was Mika born ?

Life ?

Still lives in London

How tall is Mika ?

6'4

Mica Penniman or maybe Michael French pronounciation Holbrook Penniman like he said ONCE in an Australian itw, he's such a little teaser :naugty: (the itw with questions asked by fans or so, appearing on the screen... The one where the ringtone is mentionned too, i think)

Middle child of 5 :

- 1 younger sister : Allegra Zuleika 17

Little cousin Audrey

About Mika's father ?

Is Mika gay ?

Vocal range ?

Guitar : Martin Waugh :mf_rosetinted:

Drums : Cherisse Ofusu-Osei :wub2:

A zoo keeper

Alice

Where does Mika live ?

ITW : BBC Radio 2 Music Club with Dermot O'leary, from January 13, 2007: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132 (read through the entire thread because on page 3 of that thread there is an MP3 recording of Hips Don't Lie from that interview (which Strudel posted); on page 5 of the thread the whole interview was broken up into 5 parts (by Franco) THANK YOU TITANIA

There are tons of thread with "Message for Mika" (or equivalent) on the forum... No need to create a new one, just pick one amoung the thousand ones that are already there and write your message...

I corrected my initial post with all the questions that people added...

And just for my own pleasure :

How do i use the search function ?

Click on "search" just under the link where you go to your private messages (i bet you know where THIS ONE is :sneaky2: and then choose "advanced search". Then type what you look for (avoiding words such as "Mika", "sexy", "hot", "beautiful", you get it) and choose "Search titles only" to minimize the number of threads appearing... And then, at the bottom of the page, click on "SEARCH" (or OK, i don't remember what it is, but once again, you get the point) and there it is !!! All the threads containing the word you're looking for in the title !!! MAGIC...

Yeah, i corrected it in the last version... I'll repost it now, since we changed page :naughty: :naughty:

oh sry...didn't see...but allegra is her middle name, zuleika is her first name :)

When was Mika born ?

Life ?

Still lives in London

2 nationalities : UK and USA

Does Mika have a Myspace / Facebook account ?

No no and no... He recently cancelled his only private myspace account he ever had and he said in an interview that people had created lots of accounts using his identity and getting in touch with his friends, and that he deleted EVERYTHING since then.

Is Mika dyslexic ?

Yes he is, but he can read... If i wanted to sum up dyslexia for you, i would say that you can read, but "slower" and "harder" than non-dyslexic people... Veeeeeeeeery basically... But you CAN read.

He also said he can't sight-read (read music) but according to medicine, this has nothing to do with dyslexia...

And since, according to what he says in interviews (if i got it well), he sort of "got dyslexic" (stopped reading/writing/speaking) after a psychologic trauma, we could also say that it's not proper dyslexia, which is something you were born with... But i bet you don't care, do you ? So let's just be basic...

How tall is Mika ?

6'3 (should be 6'4 with the hair...)

1,88m and 73kg (at the moment)

He usually always says it's Mica Penniman... Or it may be Michael French pronounciation Holbrook Penniman like he said ONCE in an Australian itw, he's such a little teaser :naughty:

What is OCD and does Mika have it ?

OCD means Obsessive Compulsive Disorder : it's a psychiatric disease discribed with obsessions : bothering thought that are in your mind(most of the time when it's serious but in the books, more than 1 hour per day is enough to describe it) that you can't chase whatever you do and compulsions : acts you do to try to calm/chase these obsessions, but that doesn't work... Veeeeeeeeeery basically... To actually be diagnosed as OCD person, you have to be BOTHERED by those thoughts... And the compulsions have to TAKE TIME in your life and BOTHER you too.

You can have what psychiatrists call "obsessive personality" without being proper OCD. And it can go very far... Look at me ! :biggrin2:

And the answer to the second part of the question is... Sort of...

Middle child of 5 :

- 1 younger sister : Zuleika Allegra 17

Who is the child doing the voice in Lollipop ?

Little cousin Audrey

About Mika's father ?

We don't know much about him. Name : Michael Holbrook Peniman.

He loves to film his son's gigs when he attends them...

Is Mika gay ?

We won't know until he tells us... Some say they don't care :mf_rosetinted:

Vocal range ?

A bit more than 3

Guitar : Martin Waugh :mf_rosetinted:

Drums : Cherisse Ofusu-Osei :wub2:

Mika and his sister Yasmine (nom de plume (artist name) Da Wack)

Yes he does. And so do the members of the group...

We don't know their usernames, we don't even know if they are proper members and have a username, and we don't know either if they ever posted something here.

But they DO READ the forum.

But don't forget they are busy people, we don't know how often they come and read...

Because you stink... Ha ha ha...

We don't know !! And people who got in don't know why them and not us... Anyway, here is the best place to be aware of everything !!

A zoo keeper

Alice

Where does Mika live ?

Then to Westminster

Then LSE (Geography) for one day

Then Royal College of Music

Three: English, French and Spanish. Learnt Chinese at school for a long time but says he doesn't remember anything. Still can say some words/sentences. Can swear in Italian :naughty: And he can also speak a bit of Lebanese (Arabic)

ITW : BBC Radio 2 Music Club with Dermot O'leary, from January 13, 2007: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132 (read through the entire thread because on page 3 of that thread there is an MP3 recording of Hips Don't Lie from that interview (which Strudel posted); on page 5 of the thread the whole interview was broken up into 5 parts (by Franco) THANK YOU TITANIA

Who's the girl singing Happy Ending with him on tour ?

It's the lollipop Girl Lorna... (most of the concerts, actually, not all of them, not when he can't/doesn't want to pay the transport for her)

Is it possible to meet Mika after a gig ?

Just wait and see !!! Possible yes, mandatory, no.

Where can i find a lot of Mika's interviews and TV appearances ?

The latest TV appearances (for a few months now) have all been recorded then posted in this post, updated each time there is a new appearance recorded. THANK YOU BABSPANKY AND SOU !!

There are tons of thread with "Message for Mika" (or equivalent) on the forum... No need to create a new one, just pick one amoung the thousand ones that are already there and write your message...

I corrected my initial post with all the questions that people added...

And just for my own pleasure :

How do i use the search function ?

Click on "search" just under the link where you go to your private messages (i bet you know where THIS ONE is :sneaky2: and then choose "advanced search". Then type what you look for (avoiding words such as "Mika", "sexy", "hot", "beautiful", you get it) and choose "Search titles only" to minimize the number of threads appearing... And then, at the bottom of the page, click on "SEARCH" (or OK, i don't remember what it is, but once again, you get the point) and there it is !!! All the threads containing the word you're looking for in the title !!! MAGIC...

:tears: no hun...i just thought....:tears:

Don't think, then :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

BTW I put the link to the last version post in my signature... I never wanted to put anything in that style in it, but i gues i have to if i don't want to have a nervous breakdown being here...

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: Goooooooood !! :thumb_yello:

Got i was kidding, of course ? :blink:

lmao i don't think anyone can tell whether you're serious or not yop :naughty:.. i would say theres a bit more to change to that but i'll keep my nose out :bleh:

lmao i don't think anyone can tell whether you're serious or not yop :naughty:.. i would say theres a bit more to change to that but i'll keep my nose out :bleh:

I'm ALWAYS kidding when i say something "mean"... I'm not a mean person !! I wouldn't shout at someone's face "shut the f*ck up !!" :blink: Who do you think i am ??? :blink: :blink: Some monster or something ?

I'm ALWAYS kidding when i say something "mean"... I'm not a mean person !! I wouldn't shout at someone's face "shut the f*ck up !!" :blink: Who do you think i am ??? :blink: :blink: Some monster or something ?

erm yeah actually :blink:.. :naughty: no i'm just kidding, i know you're nice really :fisch:.. i think :bleh:

i have 2questions. has mika ever mentioned what his first language was? and what state is his father from?

First language was French... Then forgot "everything" living in London.

No state for the father, as far as i know.

First language was French... Then forgot "everything" living in London.

No state for the father, as far as i know.

he speaks a "little bit" (at least :bleh:) of lebanese, he said "shway" ...

& he's 1.88 m tall, for 73kg...(tf1 news)

he speaks a "little bit" (at least :bleh:) of lebanese, he said "shway" ...

& he's 1.88 m tall, for 73kg...(tf1 news)

Yeah, but he also said in Taratata or one of the earliest interviews in French that he was "ashamed" because Franch was his first language (the first he learnt) and then he lost it living in London...

Yeah, but he also said in Taratata or one of the earliest interviews in French that he was "ashamed" because Franch was his first language (the first he learnt) and then he lost it living in London...

yeah yeah I know french was his first language but you forgot to mention lebanese in your list :bleh:

yeah yeah I know french was his first language but you forgot to mention lebanese in your list :bleh:

I corrected it (Lebanese) after your post, but wanted to make it clear about French... I think i didn't get what you were thinking about it, hence my post... :insane:

But it's all good now, and corrected ! And i added height and weight... :thumb_yello: Good team job !