REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Saturday Night Fiber - Madrid

Christine

We're not stalkers or anything! LOL And we were just 15 people, from the portuguese fan club (and MFC) wanting to meet Mika and maybe take a group pic or something like that... lol

Oh that's too bad it turned out that way. :thumbdown:

I hope you can work something out for the fan club next time or at least be involved in some MFC M&G.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello!!

I finally got home at 3am last night......still walking on air from one of the best nights of my life. I'm not going to give details of the gig cos others have done it, and to be honest my mind is still dealing with everything...I just want to say a few things:

-It was my 3rd Mika gig, and I've never ever seen him (or any artist for that matter) have so much fun on stage. It was obvious that he was enjoying every second of it, and he was playing to the crowd, speaking lots of Spanish, and generally having a great time. This made the experience all the more special for each person.

-Thanks to all the wonderful MFCers that I met! It was fantastic to meet you all and I hope we can do it again soon! Being there with you made the whole time so so enjoyable.

It was extra special for me to be at the gig with Asun and to see Ana on stage, she did a fabulous job! I thought I was recording the whole thing but at the end of the song it turned out that my camera hadn't done anything, grrr! But I know other people recorded it, and I made sure to record her during Lollipop!

-Having the chance to properly meet Mika was a dream come true for me. I got to chat with him and I have a few things I really want to say: I can't speak highly enough of him - he's genuine, friendly, and such a warm person. As I'm sure many of you know, when he speaks to you, he gives you his undivided attention and treats you as though you're the only person there. He really listens and you can tell he takes in everything that you say and everything that's going on. He has no airs about him...he just appeared and went around the circle, chatting to each person in turn, and he has absolutely no ideas of superiority - he's just himself, and I get the impression that fame and success haven't had the slightest effect on his ego. There are many artists out there who could learn a lot from Mika about how to treat fans as real people. He's a true gentleman and a credit to himself and his family.

To finish, I'm uploading vids so I'll post links as soon as they are done.

Hello!!

I finally got home at 3am last night......still walking on air from one of the best nights of my life. I'm not going to give details of the gig cos others have done it, and to be honest my mind is still dealing with everything...I just want to say a few things:

-It was my 3rd Mika gig, and I've never ever seen him (or any artist for that matter) have so much fun on stage. It was obvious that he was enjoying every second of it, and he was playing to the crowd, speaking lots of Spanish, and generally having a great time. This made the experience all the more special for each person.

-Thanks to all the wonderful MFCers that I met! It was fantastic to meet you all and I hope we can do it again soon! Being there with you made the whole time so so enjoyable.

It was extra special for me to be at the gig with Asun and to see Ana on stage, she did a fabulous job! I thought I was recording the whole thing but at the end of the song it turned out that my camera hadn't done anything, grrr! But I know other people recorded it, and I made sure to record her during Lollipop!

-Having the chance to properly meet Mika was a dream come true for me. I got to chat with him and I have a few things I really want to say: I can't speak highly enough of him - he's genuine, friendly, and such a warm person. As I'm sure many of you know, when he speaks to you, he gives you his undivided attention and treats you as though you're the only person there. He really listens and you can tell he takes in everything that you say and everything that's going on. He has no airs about him...he just appeared and went around the circle, chatting to each person in turn, and he has absolutely no ideas of superiority - he's just himself, and I get the impression that fame and success haven't had the slightest effect on his ego. There are many artists out there who could learn a lot from Mika about how to treat fans as real people. He's a true gentleman and a credit to himself and his family.

To finish, I'm uploading vids so I'll post links as soon as they are done.

Neeve!!!! :huglove: Thank you for the report and for being with me. It was really extra special for me too to be with you at the gig and the whole weekend, I was so sorry to see you go... I already miss you loads, but you know that already, of course:wink2: Now you rest and think about when we meet again. Has to be soon, you know!:naughty:

Most people who have the resources will eventually get their chance with Mika. You did go to a concert eventually, is that correct? And I think from what you've said you were at the Amsterdam M&G. Did you get a chance to speak with him?

I did and I was.

Did get a chance to speak with him, didn't do it .. just said "Thanks" and he said "Hellow" (yes, in that order, don't ask :roftl:) and took my hand. And then he went on to the next, there were lots of people waiting. I think it was a wonderful thing I was so close to him even though we didn't spoke .. totally my "fault".. didn't know what to say, especially because they said he wouldn't say anything (because of his sore throat) but he did with others and it just didn't fell right for some reason to talk to him (and yeah, I was also too nervous :blush-anim-cl:).

So I know I've been luckier than some other people here on mfc (:huglove:) but that doesn't mean I can't think about things, how they're going, ... or that I don't can try or hope to get an autograph on my Werchter-poster. It's not because I hope to get an autograph on that poster (because it's not about just an autograph, it's about the combination) someday that I'm a person who only thinks about that and doesn't appreciate what happened in Amsterdam, or what will happen in the future... :wink2:

ciao Neeve!

it was nice to meet you too...so bad we could not speak much!

next time.......................

Ciao Robi!!!! Yes, we'll speak more next time :wink2: I hope it's soon!! :biggrin2:

Neeve!!!! :huglove: Thank you for the report and for being with me. It was really extra special for me too to be with you at the gig and the whole weekend, I was so sorry to see you go... I already miss you loads, but you know that already, of course Now you rest and think about when we meet again. Has to be soon, you know!:naughty:

I know, I know, veeeery soon :das:

Mika told me (oh how I loving being able to say those words!! :biggrin2:) that he'd love to do another gig in Ireland...I keep emailing my favourite radio presenter here, cos he arranges small intimate gigs in Dublin for about 20-50 fans of artists (they've already had James Blunt, Kate Nash, Tom Baxter and the like) and I know that this presenter also really likes Mika so I'm trying to convince him to get Mika....hehehehe

No response yet.......:mf_rosetinted:

Ciao Robi!!!! Yes, we'll speak more next time :wink2: I hope it's soon!! :biggrin2:

Mika told me (oh how I loving being able to say those words!! :biggrin2:) that he'd love to do another gig in Ireland...I keep emailing my favourite radio presenter here, cos he arranges small intimate gigs in Dublin for about 20-50 fans of artists (they've already had James Blunt, Kate Nash, Tom Baxter and the like) and I know that this presenter also really likes Mika so I'm trying to convince him to get Mika....hehehehe

YAY!!! That would be great! I'd love to visit you back:bleh: (Mika or no Mika, that is:roftl:)

Hey Neeve, if you manage it, I'll be there like a shot. Gives me a chance to hang out with my cousins.

If he did it in the middle of November, that would be cool, as I'll be over there for my aunties 90th birthday party:naughty:.

Hey Neeve, if you manage it, I'll be there like a shot. Gives me a chance to hang out with my cousins.

If he did it in the middle of November, that would be cool, as I'll be over there for my aunties 90th birthday party:naughty:.

more requests?

:sneaky2:

:naughty:

i'm planning a week in ireland for my 50th birthday next year with a friend....may go around mika's date!

Niamh!!!!!!!!:D

you talked to him!:yay:

oh I'm so excited, what did he say?

So I know I've been luckier than some other people here on mfc (:huglove:) but that doesn't mean I can't think about things, how they're going, ... or that I don't can try or hope to get an autograph on my Werchter-poster. It's not because I hope to get an autograph on that poster (because it's not about just an autograph, it's about the combination) someday that I'm a person who only thinks about that and doesn't appreciate what happened in Amsterdam, or what will happen in the future... :wink2:

I hope you do get your autograph some day :thumb_yello:

I just don't know that most of these meet and greets will be the place to do it. It depends on the circumstances. So far none of these large meet and greets have been appropriate. He just doesn't have time.

If he'd done a 9 pm gig in Madrid and it was a proper venue then it probably would have worked because there were only 25 people. But it was 5 am and the venue was not equipped for a formal M&G by the sounds of it.

He had agreed to 5 minutes so it was nice that he actually got the chance to speak to everyone and I'm glad that Robi was able to get to the girls who snuck in to make sure they didn't start making demands on him and spoiling it for everyone else.

YAY!!! That would be great! I'd love to visit you back:bleh: (Mika or no Mika, that is)

If he did it in the middle of November, that would be cool, as I'll be over there for my aunties 90th birthday party.

more requests?

:sneaky2:

i'm planning a week in ireland for my 50th birthday next year with a friend....may go around mika's date!

HAHAHAHAHA this sounds great already!!!! Can ye imagine? I think it'd end up just an MFC gig....not a bad idea! :mf_rosetinted:

If anyone's interested, here's the site: http://todayfm.com/sectional.asp?id=11587 If you want to email him to suggest Mika :mf_rosetinted: lol, his email is foley@todayfm.com ....he's goin to get a surprise the next time he checks his inbox, hahahahaha!

I personally would like if he did it before the end of September, cos I'm moving to Lisbon then, but I guess if I had to, I could come back for Mika :das:

:yay: oH I want to know what happened, but it'd take all day to read it all!

You all met him again?!:woot_jump:

Yeah, properly this time!!!!!

Niamh!!!!!!!!:D

you talked to him!:yay:

oh I'm so excited, what did he say?

It was all a blur, but he's so lovely.........at one point, he raised his arm (to scratch his head or sth, I dunno) and in my line of vision were all his colourful bracelets, and I remember thinking, "wow, I'm talking to Mika" hahahaha!

I asked him about Oxegen last yr, cos my brother was there and he keeps talking about how annoyed he is (still!) that Mika didn't play Lollipop...so I asked him! He said it was cos he ended up playing for too long, (he got a cheeky grin on his face then) and said, "we stole the show, and no one expected that to happen, and the next band were getting really pissed at us so the organisers kicked us off!"

thanks neeve!!!

this is what a M&G should be...getting to chat with him about interesting stuff, even for a minute!.....i loved to read your conversation with him neeve!

now we've got a little piece of info more about him.....:wink2:

i'll email that radio...but i need a gig in 2009! :naughty:

I hope you do get your autograph some day :thumb_yello:

I just don't know that most of these meet and greets will be the place to do it. It depends on the circumstances. So far none of these large meet and greets have been appropriate. He just doesn't have time.

If he'd done a 9 pm gig in Madrid and it was a proper venue then it probably would have worked because there were only 25 people. But it was 5 am and the venue was not equipped for a formal M&G by the sounds of it.

He had agreed to 5 minutes so it was nice that he actually got the chance to speak to everyone and I'm glad that Robi was able to get to the girls who snuck in to make sure they didn't start making demands on him and spoiling it for everyone else.

And you're right about all that.

But that's what I was just wondering, if all M&G will be like this, will people ever get the chance to do/ask something else than just talk.. If it's not, then so be it :wink2: but the thought just crossed my mind so that's why I reacted..

You're right that it wasn't possible to do something else here or in Amsterdam, here because of the late hour, in Amsterdam because we were just with too many people .. and indeed it wasn't an arranged M&G like this one (but thank god they got us out of the rain :wub2:). And ... I forgot what I wanted to say :blush-anim-cl:

Nevermind, just wanted to say that I understand what you're saying, even though it may have sounded otherwise earlier.. I'm sorry for that :wink2: And now I'm gonna stop ruining this thread :blush-anim-cl:

It was all a blur, but he's so lovely.........at one point, he raised his arm (to scratch his head or sth, I dunno) and in my line of vision were all his colourful bracelets, and I remember thinking, "wow, I'm talking to Mika" hahahaha!

I asked him about Oxegen last yr, cos my brother was there and he keeps talking about how annoyed he is (still!) that Mika didn't play Lollipop...so I asked him! He said it was cos he ended up playing for too long, (he got a cheeky grin on his face then) and said, "we stole the show, and no one expected that to happen, and the next band were getting really pissed at us so the organisers kicked us off!"

aww, :naughty: he stole the show:wub2:

omg, I'm so glad we've brought up Ireland twice now, I hope he gets the message that we really wanna see him here again now.

I'll e-mail Ray Foley later today maybe, and maybe tommorrow too. We'll get him eventually:wink2::naughty:

yeah, I'm so glad you actually got to talk to him this time, it was such a pity the last time!

Neeve

You finally talked with him

yeah!!!!!! :biggrin2: it was lovely :blush-anim-cl:

thanks neeve!!!

this is what a M&G should be...getting to chat with him about interesting stuff, even for a minute!.....i loved to read your conversation with him neeve!

now we've got a little piece of info more about him.....

i'll email that radio...but i need a gig in 2009!

yeah, it was a great opportunity :blush-anim-cl:

Hehehe, yeah I'm sure he'll be doing plenty in 2009!!!!! can't wait!!!!

aww, :naughty: he stole the show:wub2:

omg, I'm so glad we've brought up Ireland twice now, I hope he gets the message that we really wanna see him here again now.

I'll e-mail Ray Foley later today maybe, and maybe tommorrow too. We'll get him eventually:wink2::naughty:

yeah, I'm so glad you actually got to talk to him this time, it was such a pity the last time!

Yeah, we're getting the message through! woop woop!!

I'm emailing him for sure! A MFC gig in Dublin, imagine!:bleh: I just don't care when it happens, I'd go anyway (and you know you would too, you don't fool me:roftl: We could meet in Lisbon and travel together!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah can u imagine????? It'd be another fantastic weekend!!! Ray Foley does these gigs called Live Lunch, they're always at lunchtime on a Friday, so we could have an hour of Mika and then do Dublin!! Visit my friend who works in the Guinness store (free tour and sample of course :das:) and do a private MFC tour of Galway for the weekend... I'm getting too excited, hahaha!

Thanks Asun & Robertina for the reports, it was great to read about Mirtilla & Queenie being big girls, can't wait to read their report.

Sorry to read about the incident with the fans who were pushing and misbehaving, kudos to you Robi for approching them and telling them like it is. bravo to you. :thumb_yello:

Okay, here are my vids:

Any Other World:

Happy Ending:

Grace Kelly (shirtless...he knows to give the people what they want, hahaha!):

Lollipop, starring Mika (shirtless again) and Ana and Mirtilla!!:

Relax (the 2nd time):

waiting to enter the venue....FD and the spanish girls had gone to look for Team Mika

DSC00880.jpg

Lillibet teaching bettasan GK in french!

DSC00877.jpg

lillibet and c@rin@

DSC00872.jpg

jemmalee (loved her necklace) and sarahlou

DSC00870.jpg

sarahlou and nice-glasses-sariflor

DSC00873.jpg

TBQ, Queenie, neeve, sariflor (this is for bab's album)

DSC00875.jpg

the inflatable MIKA letters (thanks to Mirtilla)

DSC00883-1.jpg