2010 : Mika @ Jakobshalle Basel, Switzerland April 1- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

Nothing else to add, except this was an amazing show.

I'm back home with so many stars in my eyes and some wonderful memories which will last forever ^^

Now I have to find a way to go and see his festival show this summer ^^

;)

Hi there!

Many things have already been said about this gig but, as I enjoyed it soooooooo much, here are my impressions:

First of all: THANK YOU MELLODY AND JOHN!!! Because this tickets collect was a really big mess… everybody was so worried and angry… but in the end, thanks to both of you, everything went fine and we all managed to be front row!:thumb_yello:

Security guys were not that nice… I had some swiss chocolates in my bag, a present for Mika at the M&G, and that woman opened my bag, saw them, took them and threw them away without even telling me anything :shocked:… I could have given them to a friend’s parents waiting outside during the show… but that woman didn’t even told me she was about to throw them away… I was kind of disappointed about that…:crybaby:

I loved the supporting act too!! Those guys were quite funny (just imagine 14years old mini “Elvis” to figure out how they looked) and they were really brilliant! I loved the covers they made!

The show itself was amazing! Maybe I’m not that objective because it was the only swiss gig :teehee:, meaning it was already a “special one” for me, but it really was one of the best I’ve seen so far! There was such a great interaction between Mika, the band and the audience!!!

As Mellody said, he spoke in German during almost half of the show, then realised many people were speaking French actually and he scolded us and said: “you should have told me that before! I wouldn’t have tried so hard to speak German!!” :roftl:. Honestly, it was just fine that he spoke in German because he’s so lovely when he does :blush-anim-cl: (and as Mellody noticed, I’ve found his German much better at this gig, don’t now why…). He said that it was one of the hardest show ever because he had to speak 3 different languages! I loved that he made grace Kelly half in French, half in English btw!!!

The best part for me was the lollipop – Kick ass final!! (Without speaking of the shirtless WAG of course haha!). Everybody on stage went crazy!!! Jimmy made a balloon fight with a technician in front of the stage, and finally the technician took Jimmy on his back and went backstage with him. Martin took a balloon, sat on it and crossed the stage jumping on his balloon :roftl: (I’ve made a really short vid of this, I’ll put it here later on today). Even Cherisse came at the front and started throwing balloons everywhere! It was really intense and amazing!

The M&G was really quick. To best honest I thought he wouldn’t come outside to sign anything… he must have been so exhausted! But, as he is such a lovely guy, he came and made everyone happy. People outside, I mean non MFCers, were not cool at all, they pushed a lot :boxed:…when Mika came in front of us they were pushing so hard that it was really difficult to resist and avoid falling on him:sneaky2:…. He noticed it and made them a quite angry look and then smiled at us and said thank you to resist :aah:. He also laughed at me because I was fighting with a friends balloon all the time and finally said her her ballon was too big :teehee:.

I’ll upload my pictures later on today and will post them here :wink2:

here is the "Martin + Balloon" vid :naughty:

It's really short and the sound is awfull, but it's SO funny :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWHG6LF7tg

and here are some pics I've made (but they are not great quality...my camera is old an i was a bit too excited to take good pics I guess:teehee:):

IMGP0360.JPG

IMGP0388.JPG

IMGP0412.JPG

IMGP0418.JPG

IMGP0438.JPG

IMGP0480.JPG

Jimmy's kidnapping :roftl::

IMGP0501.JPG

M&G:

IMGP0502.JPG

and you can see them all here: http://picasaweb.google.ch/herecomesNanou/Bale#

Edited by Nanou

Thanks for vid, comments and pictures, I really love his voice in the beginning of love today :wub2:

Security guys were not that nice… I had some swiss chocolates in my bag, a present for Mika at the M&G, and that woman opened my bag, saw them, took them and threw them away without even telling me anything :shocked:… I could have given them to a friend’s parents waiting outside during the show… but that woman didn’t even told me she was about to throw them away… I was kind of disappointed about that…:crybaby:

That's not really kind :shocked: It was not possible for you to get back your things after the show ?

Thanks for vid, comments and pictures, I really love his voice in the beginning of love today :wub2:

That's not really kind :shocked: It was not possible for you to get back your things after the show ?

obviously not... she just took them, and throw them away in a giant bin....:mf_rosetinted:

Thank you all so much for your reports and videos and photos of this gig! Sounds fabulous, even if Mika was under the weather. :(

I especially wanted to thank you, Emerald, for this:

When Mika arrived on stage to sing “Rain”, I was looking at him and thinking “my mum can say whatever she wants, and my friends can make fun of me, but this guy is pure gold and I want him to make me dream for years and years to come”. He's exceptional :original:

I got a lump in my throat when I read it, and tears in my eyes -- it's just

how I feel, too. You said it beautifully, thank you. :wub2:

Thank you all so much for your reports and videos and photos of this gig! Sounds fabulous, even if Mika was under the weather. :(

I especially wanted to thank you, Emerald, for this:

I got a lump in my throat when I read it, and tears in my eyes -- it's just

how I feel, too. You said it beautifully, thank you. :wub2:

:original: You're welcome Deb! I think most of us feel this way :wub2:

ah fanny i just watched some of my videos and heard what you meant about drugs. he said they wanted to cancel the gig the day before, but in the end didn't as it was the last one: "we took a lot of drugs and made it happen". which gives me 3 feelings:

drugs: :aah:

made it happen: :wub2:

"we": :teehee:

btw, iirc he said in the end that he's happy he didn't cancel it. :wub2: and i really hope it didn't hurt his voice or anything that he did it although he was sick. hope he made a few calls to his doctor before making that decision. :teehee: like always, i have mixed feelings about it... on the one hand i want him to rest when he's ill, on the other hand i'm really happy he didn't cancel the show. sigh. :rolls_eyes:

my lovley pics, enjoy it.

http://de.tinypic.com/m/9pq6i1/3

Thank you!

I particularly love this one. What an expression on his face!

14al88z.jpg

When Mika arrived on stage to sing “Rain”, I was looking at him and thinking “my mum can say whatever she wants, and my friends can make fun of me, but this guy is pure gold and I want him to make me dream for years and years to come”. He's exceptional.

He really is, isn't he. I feel the same way. :wub2:

Thanks for your report!

The best part for me was the lollipop – Kick ass final!! (Without speaking of the shirtless WAG of course haha!). Everybody on stage went crazy!!! Jimmy made a balloon fight with a technician in front of the stage, and finally the technician took Jimmy on his back and went backstage with him. Martin took a balloon, sat on it and crossed the stage jumping on his balloon :roftl: (I’ve made a really short vid of this, I’ll put it here later on today). Even Cherisse came at the front and started throwing balloons everywhere! It was really intense and amazing.

:lmfao:

Do you know if there's any vids of Jimmy's kidnapping? :naughty:

here is the "Martin + Balloon" vid :naughty:

It's really short and the sound is awfull, but it's SO funny :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWHG6LF7tg

and here are some pics I've made (but they are not great quality...my camera is old an i was a bit too excited to take good pics I guess:teehee:)

IMGP0480.JPG

:lmfao:

One of my clearest memories from when I was an LG back in 2008 involves Martin bouncing across the stage on a balloon. So funny to see that again.

And that pic of Mika is just... :swoon:. Are those boxers blue? :teehee:

One of my clearest memories from when I was an LG back in 2008 involves Martin bouncing across the stage on a balloon. So funny to see that again.

In Vienna Jimmy did that in front of me! :roftl: I totally cracked up!

Edited by Marianne84

ah fanny i just watched some of my videos and heard what you meant about drugs. he said they wanted to cancel the gig the day before, but in the end didn't as it was the last one: "we took a lot of drugs and made it happen".

We?

:blink:

Who else is sick?

Or did Mika bumped his head and has now some kind of superiority complex and starts speaking in the plural like the Queen?:shocked:

We decided to cut a few more heads at the London Tower this morning, just for fun...

What a bore, we want to go fox hunting this afternoon...

Or Mika's version...

We are tired from our gig, we ****ing want more tea, please...

Sooner than that we're stepping from Sire to His Majesty Da Mika?????

obviously not... she just took them, and throw them away in a giant bin....:mf_rosetinted:

As well as my meal :sneaky2:

Mmmh I think they were more like dark grey, maybe bluish yep :naughty:

Dark blue! I clearly saw it backstage :teehee:

We?

Who else is sick?

Or did Mika bumped his head and has now some kind of superiority complex and starts speaking in the plural like the Queen?:shocked:

It was me dear! But I decided to go on stage anyway and did a great job as usual :naughty: I took a lot of drugs before the show but nobody noticed I was dancing like a ****ing maniac :roftl: Well... I hope so... :blink:

We?

Who else is sick?

We decided to cut a few more heads at the London Tower this morning, just for fun...

What a bore, we want to go fox hunting this afternoon...

Or Mika's version...

We are tired from our gig, we ****ing want more tea, please...

Sooner than that we're stepping from Sire to His Majesty Da Mika?????

:naughty: yeah i had similar thoughts. :teehee: but the plural was only for the drugs, not for the being sick. :naughty: maybe he just drugged his whole team so it wouldn't be that obvious that he was drugged. :lmfao::roftl:

which makes me remember a funny bit during the band intro - the guy who operates the fog machine suddenly covered the stage in fog during the band intro - so mika started laughing and added "and (name) at the fog machine" to the introductions :lmao: and something about phantom of the opera, i don't understand it in the video with my crappy headphones now, you can try to figure it out when i upload it (tonight or tomorrow). :wink2:

Edited by mellody

:naughty: yeah i had similar thoughts. :teehee: but the plural was only for the drugs, not for the being sick. :naughty: maybe he just drugged his whole team so it wouldn't be that obvious that he was drugged. :lmfao::roftl:

which makes me remember a funny bit during the band intro - the guy who operates the fog machine suddenly covered the stage in fog during the band intro - so mika started laughing and added "and (name) at the fog machine" to the introductions :lmao: and something about phantom of the opera, i don't understand it in the video with my crappy headphones, you can try to figure it out when i upload it (tonight or tomorrow). :wink2:

Was it "Henry"? :blink: Somehow this name comes to my mind, not sure though. My mind could be playing tricks on me...'cause me, too, have been taking drugs since Munich to make it to the Stuttgart and Basel gigs :teehee:

Didn't hear anything about the Phantom of the Opera...Anybody got that? I'm curious now.

Was it "Henry"? :blink: Somehow this name comes to my mind, not sure though. My mind could be playing tricks on me...'cause me, too, have been taking drugs since Munich to make it to the Stuttgart and Basel gigs :teehee:

Didn't hear anything about the Phantom of the Opera...Anybody got that? I'm curious now.

listened again now, i think he says "you didn't know you were here to see the phantom of the opera, did ya?", relating to the whole stage being hidden in smoke. :naughty:

and the name doesn't sound like henry to me, more like bert? i don't know the names of the striped crew guys, is there a bert among them? :blink: