2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: MIKA @ The Circus, Helsinki, Finland - 30-JUL

Christine

I'm not sure if there is anything I need to say, because all the important things have already been told, but I write a small report. It was a home gig (first one) for me after all :biggrin2:

First of all, it was the first time I could spend that much time with MFCers. Usually my schedule is very tight because of family reasons, I'm always in a hurry to go back home, but this time I was at home :naughty: So, it was just lovely to spend some relaxed time before/after the gig chatting/sightseeing etc. Thanks everyone :wub2:

I was very nervous before the gig. I was afraid that he doesn't have enough fans here to make it a great gig or that maybe Finnish fans are too quiet etc. And also, the age structure (among fans) in Finland is different than in many other countries: Most fans are very young girls. That's why I didn't know what to expect (maybe a lot of pushing or problems with queueing?). And I was SO wrong!!!! :biggrin2: All the girls I met while queueing were smart and polite, exited but in a very sweet way. (The only upsetting situation happened with an older person. You know how it is, there are always persons like that. No matter how clearly and simply you try to explain, it's never clear or simple enough, they never understand the point. But things like that just happen).

The audience was amazing :mf_lustslow: People sang and danced the whole gig, I felt I was in the middle of the wavy sea (it was so much fun, no unpleasant pushing at all). And as Suzie told, Mika enjoyed every moment, he smiled and let fans touch his fingers, it was the sweetest and heart-warming thing ever, I just wanted to go and give him a hug, just because he can be SO sweet :wub2: It's difficult to explain, but it was like a dubble joy for me, first to see how many exited fans he has in my small country, and secondly to see how lovely and understanding he was with them.

Also, it was a double joy because the gig was so amazing (so small, intimate and hot, lol :mf_lustslow:) and I enjoyed so much AND because it looked Mika had fun too. It really looked he enjoyed and had fun, I hope he did.

What else can I say... He started Love Today on his knees in front of us, and it's a very, very important part of his show for me, so it was just perfect :wub2: And, I was afraid he is not doing Sweet Dreams because he skipped it from the set list but he did it as an encore, also just perfect :blush-anim-cl:

It was a very good gig, I really loved it. And during M&G he came in front of me and said, "so, finally I'm here" and all I could think was "YES, finally you are here :fangurl:" Lol!

I will post some vids later or tomorrow. I only took a few, but they are quite nice, I think. And I am gettign the feeling that the sound was much better at the back, which is weird, so for once I'm glad that I wasn't at the front :roftl:.

That's so true, my son filmed from the back and the sound is so much better than in my vids!

I'm trying uploading some pics :) I'm not sure how to do it, so hopefully this works :D

mikamikamikat.jpg

lorkkumika.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pics! These must be the cutest fan pics I've seen, he looks really happy :wub2:

Oh wow tiibet, do you mean he remembered you asking when he was coming to Finland?

I have no idea, but he clearly knew I had been waiting for a looooong time :roftl:

And we met Jimmy a couple of times, and he was surprised to hear I was from Finland. But he knew my name even we have talked only a couple of times before and it made my day and run to tell hubby that "Jimmy can remember MY name!!" and he was like "really? :aah:"

:lmfao:

I have no idea, but he clearly knew I had been waiting for a looooong time :roftl:

And we met Jimmy a couple of times, and he was surprised to hear I was from Finland. But he knew my name even we have talked only a couple of times before and it made my day and run to tell hubby that "Jimmy can remember MY name!!" and he was like "really? :aah:"

:roftl: well, he'll be used to seeing you in the front row :thumb_yello: Glad your home gig was so great for you all

Yeah that was very sweet and you know I was talking to him about other people and he kept apologising saying, I'm not sure who that is, but when you came over he knew you right away! That was a really sweet moment!

Yeah that was very sweet and you know I was talking to him about other people and he kept apologising saying, I'm not sure who that is, but when you came over he knew you right away! That was a really sweet moment!

So you told him my name a minute earlier, now wonder he could remember it, lol! I was really impressed. He said he can remember my tattoo. It made my day anyway :roftl:

Edited by tiibet

So you told him my name a minute earlier, now wonder he could remember it, lol! I was really impressed. He said he can remember my tattoo. It made day anyway :roftl:

Oh I don't think that's what she meant. I think she meant he didn't remember some other people Bab had mentioned, but he recognized you on his own. They were just telling me the story.

Anyway lovely report about your home gig. I don't think Mika loves Toronto so much really :teehee: but I still love it when he's here. I can imagine what it was like for you when you've waited so long and it was such a great gig.

Oh I don't think that's what she meant. I think she meant he didn't remember some other people Bab had mentioned, but he recognized you on his own. They were just telling me the story.

Anyway lovely report about your home gig. I don't think Mika loves Toronto so much really :teehee: but I still love it when he's here. I can imagine what it was like for you when you've waited so long and it was such a great gig.

Oh, I see! Well, I was very impressed :biggrin2:

And I'm not sure if he actually liked Helsinki at all, but the atmosphere on the gig was very good, and it looked he genuinely had fun. I hope he did. It was very important to me. That he would like the audience and enjoy the gig, and also, that all the fans coming from abroad would enjoy the gig. It was so much more to worry about than usually :teehee:

Edited by tiibet

I was very nervous before the gig. I was afraid that he doesn't have enough fans here to make it a great gig or that maybe Finnish fans are too quiet etc. And also, the age structure (among fans) in Finland is different than in many other countries: Most fans are very young girls. That's why I didn't know what to expect (maybe a lot of pushing or problems with queueing?). And I was SO wrong!!!! :biggrin2: All the girls I met while queueing were smart and polite, exited but in a very sweet way. (The only upsetting situation happened with an older person. You know how it is, there are always persons like that. No matter how clearly and simply you try to explain, it's never clear or simple enough, they never understand the point. But things like that just happen).

The audience was amazing :mf_lustslow: People sang and danced the whole gig, I felt I was in the middle of the wavy sea (it was so much fun, no unpleasant pushing at all). And as Suzie told, Mika enjoyed every moment, he smiled and let fans touch his fingers, it was the sweetest and heart-warming thing ever, I just wanted to go and give him a hug, just because he can be SO sweet :wub2: It's difficult to explain, but it was like a dubble joy for me, first to see how many exited fans he has in my small country, and secondly to see how lovely and understanding he was with them.

Also, it was a double joy because the gig was so amazing (so small, intimate and hot, lol :mf_lustslow:) and I enjoyed so much AND because it looked Mika had fun too. It really looked he enjoyed and had fun, I hope he did.

What else can I say... He started Love Today on his knees in front of us, and it's a very, very important part of his show for me, so it was just perfect :wub2: And, I was afraid he is not doing Sweet Dreams because he skipped it from the set list but he did it as an encore, also just perfect :blush-anim-cl:

It was a very good gig, I really loved it.

Yes, it was a really great gig; The atmosphere was so electrical in there, that you could FEEL the love. The vibe was something else. It was really, relaly great. See, you had no need to worry :roftl:.

And Mika clearly also enjoyed himself a lot, because during the gig he mentioned that it's gigs like these that are so much fun, which remind them why they do this, and he thanked the audience for that. He doesn't say that very often.

And during M&G he came in front of me and said, "so, finally I'm here" and all I could think was "YES, finally you are here :fangurl:" Lol!

That was really funny :lmfao: See? He DOES notice you :naughty:. I loved seeing how he was in such a great mood that night. When he came out to see the fans, he was obviously still buzzing, and he said that the show had been a lot of fun :wub2:.

And Nett-a, those pics of you and your friend with Mika are just fabulous!

They are really cute; Mika does look very happy and relaxed indeed.

Yes, this is how it was. I love Jimmy and iMMa; we had some really nice chats with them these past couple of days, and they are truly genuine, nice people :wub2:.

Yes, it was a really great gig; The atmosphere was so electrical in there, that you could FEEL the love. The vibe was something else. It was really, relaly great. See, you had no need to worry :roftl:.

And Mika clearly also enjoyed himself a lot, because during the gig he mentioned that it's gigs like these that are so much fun, which remind them why they do this, and he thanked the audience for that. He doesn't say that very often.

I get the feeling that he really has been enjoying himself on this tour, and is more relaxed about performing, and the audience picks up on this and responds accordingly, so you get into this positive energy feedback situation and everyone has a great time.:biggrin2:

I get the feeling that he really has been enjoying himself on this tour, and is more relaxed about performing, and the audience picks up on this and responds accordingly, so you get into this positive energy feedback situation and everyone has a great time.:biggrin2:

Yes! I totally agree. I remember him saying something in an interview about how he has changed the way he travels on tour, which makes it work better for him, so that he doesn't get sick all the time.

Well, I think that this is also affecting his mood, and he seems genuinely happy to be doing the gigs, seeing fans, etc... It's really nice to see that he's enjoying himself so much, because, at the end of the day, this is what it should be about.

P.S. It was really interesting for us to watch the audience from the back this time, because we could see how nuts they were all going.

As much as I love the front row experience, which I will always do, for obvious reasons :naughty:, there is something to be said about seeing the sea of people moving and jumping and reacting to Mika and band on stage. It's just not comparable to anything else. I love watching the sheer ENERGY that you can see feel when this happens!

I noticed that, in Helsinki, whenever you looked, you'd see most of people's arms up in the air, and waving all the time. It was pretty amazing and it made me feel really "proud" in a silly way, that Mika was the one causing this effect on all these people. It gave me a lovely, warm feeling.

I think she meant he didn't remember some other people Bab had mentioned, but he recognized you on his own.

yes, he did not know me, for example,:no: as I have never chatted to him. So he asked for my name and twitter name...then I could see that he was trying to remember that twitter name but I think I forgot to tell him that I don't even follow him on twitter :doh:

(:naughty: )

I think I'll do it now before I forget about it again :roftl:

I'm happy you enjoyed your first home gig as we did in Novi Sad.:wub2:

Thanks for the wonderful pics, reports and vids.:thumb_yello:

And Suzie, finally you have chatted with him, haven't you?:teehee:

In a couple of years maybe I'll manage to do the same.:naughty: